Arrow's Jessica De Gouw Snares Dracula Role

Muse of FireHuntress, meet pulse-less.

Arrow‘s Jessica De Gouw has landed a role in NBC’s upcoming period vampire drama Dracula, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

RELATED | Pilot Scoop: NBC Orders New Comedies From Will Ferrell, Office‘s Greg Daniels and More

The actress will follow up her multiple-episode arc on the CW comic-book drama by playing Dracula‘s Mina, the lone female medical student at London’s University College in the 1890s. The part is described as “forward thinking, clever and independent.”

De Gouw will act opposite The TudorsJonathan Rhys Meyers, who’s been cast as the titular vamp.

The 10-episode series, based on Bram Stoker’s novel of the same name, finds Dracula preparing to unleash hell on the Victorian society responsible for ruining his life. But he’s thrown when he falls for a woman who’s a dead ringer for his beloved, long-deceased wife.

Dracula could debut as early as this fall.

1. tp says:

I love JRM but the female lead can’t act. She is horrible on Arrow. Aww man, I was looking forward to this.

2. Clara says:

So surprised by this casting considering how awful her performance was on ARROW. Surely there are better actresses.

3. lll says:

I don’t like the Huntress character myself, but I am willing to see if De Gouw can act in Dracula. Maybe this will show off some range in her acting abilities.

4. Patricia says:

I loved her as the Huntress she was perfect. When I read this earlier I thought it was perfect. Her and JRM are a perfect match. Looking forward to this

5. Sark27 says:

I was hoping they would cast Natalie Dormer :/

6. dude says:

She’s really beautiful. Her skin and hair are flawless.

7. Sareeta says:

While really pretty, as the others say, she can’t act. Then again, Stephen Amell isn’t very good (kind of stiff), but at least he’s good to look at and gets to do cool stuff.

8. Tony says:

I don’t know the actress’ nationality, but I got the sense that she was trying to hide an accent on ‘Arrow,’ which can sometimes make an actor’s line readings sound kind of flat and monotonous. We’ll see if she does better with a British accent.

I’m a little disappointed that this show is already coming off so contrived. A female medical student in 1890? If they want to do stuff like that, they should just move the setting forward to the modern day. With the advent of shows like ‘Carnivale’ and ‘Mad Men,’ it’s a little jarring when lesser period dramas play fast and loose with silly anachronisms like this.

• emilycohen1028 says:

Actually, the first female doctor in America AND the UK was Elizabeth Blackwell, who started her medical education in the 1840’s, so this concept is really not so far-fetched. Check your facts before calling this an anachronism.

9. sonya says:

Ok I kinda liked her in Arrow,but in all fairness she was given such a one dimisional role to play so I can’t judge. Off topic Arrow still has some issues wit their lead female charactor roles. Some of the 20 somethings have roles way to big for their abilities.
    As for Jonathan as dracula…..uh NO.

10. h5n1 says:

OMG, this sounds so original… can’t wait…