90210 First Look: What Brings Chris Zylka Back?

Get More: First Look

Once upon a time, a fresh-faced Chris Zylka made his acting debut on 90210. Flash forward five years, and the Secret Circle alum is reprising his long-forgotten role on the CW soap — and we have a first look at his surprise return.

RELATED | 90210 Exclusive: Alias Alum Is Liam’s [Spoiler]

In the installment airing Tuesday, Jan. 28, Annie (Shenae Grimes) dreams up an alterna world in which she never left her small-town life in Kansas. In that reality, she’s engaged to her high school sweetheart — Zylka’s prepster Jason — and her brother Dixon is a hip-hop superstar who’s estranged from his family.

Take a peek at Zylka’s 90210 return below, then hit the comments with your thoughts on Annie’s alternate fate.

We’re Not Not in Kansas Anymore

Comments (17)

• I never connected Chris Zylka to that character! He is a really strange actor! First I completely disLiked him on the SC than he got better and I believed him loving Fate aka Phoebe Tonkin!

Let see if he is better here. XD

Comment by Maki :D – January 18, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Trevor Donovan and Chris Zylka my wet dream comes true.

Comment by Jaselle – January 22, 2013 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So he didn’t shave his hair for AHS, but he shaved it anyway?

Comment by J – January 18, 2013 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think there is a lot more to that story than just simply not shaving his head. He’s done it for numerous roles.

Comment by Amanda – January 18, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. I don’t even know what role that’d fit into on AHS.

Comment by dude – January 18, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The only role I can honestly think of is Pepper but I don’t know when that role was cast/changed if that…

Comment by Amanda – January 18, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • He was supposed to be Daniel, the mute, who was a part in Lana’s conversion therapy. The role was supposed to be bigger and Zylka was to appear in two episodes but after he dropped out, the part was reduced.

Comment by Sam – January 18, 2013 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The weirdest thing is when the character he was supposed to play showed up on AHS, he had shoulder-length hair.

Comment by steveo – January 18, 2013 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWESOME cant wait LOVE 90210 :) x

Comment by PeterW – January 18, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love him but not for annie ! I love the guy in the wheelchair he is so funny and So hot!! Love him!!

Comment by Krissy – January 18, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve watched every season of 90210 and I don’t even remember this character at all. Was he in the pilot or something?

Comment by Jared – January 18, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jared, he was in season one. Naomi brought him to California when she was trying to either destroy Annie’s life, or keep her away from Ethan? He was in their pool, I remember, and got out and talked to them for his first scene. Is this the same episode Ty is supposed to randomly be in?

Comment by S – January 18, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I used to watch the show back then, but I don’t recognize him. I guess he wasn’t that memorable.

Comment by robinepowell – January 18, 2013 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Chris Zylka in anything and love 90210, looking forward to the reunion.

Comment by charles Watson – January 18, 2013 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love 9O21O !

Comment by omar – January 18, 2013 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I remember him. His relationship with Annie didn’t survive after she relocated to Kansas. Jason, when he made his debut, acted more of a guy with no brains and allowed himself to be used in Naomi’s vengeance.

And oh how I miss that rivalry going on between Naomi and Annie. The peak was definitely during 2×02 during Teddy’s yacht party.

Comment by Maria Flor de Luna – January 18, 2013 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really can’t wait for Lannie <3