Grey's Anatomy First Look: Who's Owen's New Lady Friend...?

Constance Zimmer begins her Grey’s Anatomy arc on Thursday, Jan. 24, and while little is known about her character, these first photos tell this much: She sure is spending an awful lot of time with one Dr. Owen Hunt.

RELATED | Ask Ausiello Has Scoop on a Tense Grey’s Anatomy Dinner!

Per ABC’s official synopsis for the episode “Walking on a Dream,” the Seattle Grace doctors are on edge when a new medical professional — played by the aforementioned Entourage alum — joins the hospital’s ranks. Maybe in the wake of all the legal/lawsuit hullabaloo and Owen’s tangental role in it, some sort of “quality assurance auditor” is brought on board to keep all the I’s dotted and T’s crossed?

VIDEO | Grey’s Anatomy First Look: Meredith and Derek’s Pillow Talk Leads to a Huge Payoff

And yes, I’ll ham-handedly go there: Despite her and Owen’s recent smoochage/reconciliation, should Cristina have anything to worry about?

1. Kate says:

Wow way to freak out the Crowen fans. She’s here because she’s an official at the hospital. And is spending more time with Arizona than Owen…

2. Lea says:

I have a feeling she’s going to be more than to help the hospital but also a love interest for Owen.

3. Joele says:

She also looks like she’s spending a lot of time with Richard. Does that mean the two of them are going to be banging soon?

• Kate says:

According to TVLine, yup!

Seriously, though, I really don’t think she’s there to throw a spoke in the works for Crowen.

• Joele says:

I don’t either. I think she’s there for the hospital to fix things in light of the lawsuit. But clearly TVLine can’t help themselves.

4. Ted says:

I think She is there to help the hospital and Arizona

5. Tia says:

On Grey’s you can’t have lady friends. I can already seeing them banging, especially if she tells Owen she wants kids. lol

6. soxfan says:

Matt, as they are my favorite couple on the show, I was very disappointed that Owen & Cristina divorced – unless there is some plot twist with them signing those papers but not with their names but writing NO DIVORCE on them & working on their marriage but I doubt it, though I love my plot twist idea!!! I am very disappointed that Shonda couldn’t show two very mismatched, against all odds, can’t stay away from each other, great, hot sex, two great PTSD storylines, huge mistakes made by each of them, a hospital shooting & a horrible plane crash that they couldn’t work on their marriage & make it rock solid & show viewers that with deep love & respect for each other & hard work could really pay off? That they will work on their “relationship” now that they are divorced seems soooooo, in my opinion …… silly! With all this being said, now that they are divorced, neither of these people owe the other an explanation if they date anyone else – they are divorced & have zero claim on the other because remember, HE still wants children & SHE doesn’t. I am thinking that they will eventually drift apart because of it. I am just confused on the passionate kiss after they signed those papers, unless my plot twist idea is what truly has happened & we don’t know it yet. We watched as she initiated “good-bye sex” with him before she dropped the bomb on him that she was leaving for Mayo, is that the same category this kiss falls into? Sandra Oh & Kevin McKidd truly are made for each other on this show. They each know that the other rocks in the acting department, which is what makes them so terrific as a couple.

• chloe says:

Matt is just trying to stir up a little angst here. There is nothing in those pictures that indicates anything romantic between Owen and the Constance Zimmer character. Kevin McKidd and Sandra Oh confirmed in a recent interview that the divorce is part of a new beginning for the relationship between Cristina and Owen. (Weird, I know, but this is Grey’s and Shonda Rhimes likes her dark & twisty.) And Shonda just confirmed on twitter that this season is Cristina and Owen’s “journey back together.” Just enjoy the pictures and ignore the speculation.

7. Paige says:

Dana Gordon, WHO is running the studio!

That’s the first thing that went through my head. My apologies.

8. Shaun says:

Where’s Ari?XD

9. Kiki says:

I think Shonda learned her lesson when she brought in Teddy. The fangirls don’t want to see Owen with anyone else. Owen’s new woman is Cristina 9.0.

10. CC says:

In response to a Crowen fan, Constane Zimmer has already tweeted that “Just breathe. It is all okay.” I guess that means the point of this article is moot. In any case, Owen is giving her a tour of the hospital because he is the Chief of Surgery.

11. Diva says:

To be honest, I am over Crowen and they both should move on.

• Lena says:

Well, no offence, but there are A LOT of people who love Crowen. I don’t like many of the other couples, but I watch the show for what I like. Maybe you should do the same. Watch for what you like, find a couple you like, and let the rest of us enjoy what we like.

• Diva says:

I do watch the show for what I like. I don’t stop watching a show just because I don’t like one couple in there. I love Calzona and tolerate MerDer and the potential couples now are interesting me. Don’t hate on me just because I don’t like Crowen and imply that because I don’t like them, I must hate the show. My opinion and you have yours. I never went after Crowen fans stating they’re wrong. I just stated my opinion from my POV.

• Spencer says:

People are allowed to have their own opinions. I happen to agree with Diva. I’m over Cristina and Owen.

12. Please No More! says:

Please, no more Owen and Cristina. Worst, most toxic pairing ever.

• Patricia says:

Really? Maybe you need to rewatch since season 5. They have helped each other a lot. Just because they have some differences it doesn’t mean is a toxic relationship, it’s just the most realistic one.

13. What is everyone getting excited about? Can we all say “Lawsuit”? Isn’t this the point of articles such as this to tantalize and tease? If I’m not mistaken, Owen is still Chief so showing her around would be appropriate protocol.

14. Saw an article that showed by the look’s of it that Sandra Oh is pregnant in real life, may answer the only top half shots and sitting at table scenes a lot this season :D

• Lena says:

I haven’t heard anything about that. But in the last episodes she looked very thin in that hot black dress, so it doesn’t seem likely.

15. crowen4ever says:

Well considering Owen is the CHIEF. He’s most likely going to have quite a few scenes with her, She’s ovbviously here to some how help the hospital.

16. Ochforever says:

CrOwen story in S8 &S9 is stupit, it’s a miracle Crowen can get back together after abortaion, one night stand, a sex friend, but Kevin Mckidd and Sandra Oh are such amazing actor, we can enjory their chemistry & perfermance and ,ignore of non-sense plot

17. Dido says:

Sandra Oh and Kevin Mckidd are the reason I stick around and the writers could do so much better with their characters.

18. Ga girl says:

Seriously! All u CROWEN lovers don’t get bothered by this and other haters! They shouldn’t have even commented they’re just trying to cause drama! And the person who wrote the article is just trying to tease all of us! I even read a spoiler that the new chick could be a love intrest for Jackson! You never know! Shonda put them together for a reason! There ment to be! She’s changed and who knows if cristina will want kids! And when Owen cheated on cristina he hated himself everyday for it! If you haven’t noticed they always come back to each other! They’re my favorite part of this show! I’m not saying they’re a deffunate couple! But shonda is the only one who can control it and on verious accounts she has written she loves this couple so I don’t think she will tear them apart!

19. vanessa_tw says:

Owen’s single , he should have lady friend , Constance Zimmer looks a little old to Owen??
    I don’t know whether Cristina really changed to a ideal wife to Owen? or Owen will give up to have kid ? Shonda won’t give Crowen fan the answer untill next season

20. Tania says:

Cristina does NOT want kids. Cristina CAN’T want kids. If they change that aspect of her, she will cease to be Cristina. The only way to resolve the conflict is for Owen to decide he can live without kids, but he can’t live without her. And hopefully have a vasectomy so we have no more risk of accidental pregnancies.