Heather Locklear Joins TNT's Franklin & Bash

Get More: Casting News

Heather LocklearFranklin & Bash, meet your new boss.

Melrose Place alumna Heather Locklear has joined the TNT dramedy for Season 3 as a series regular, a rep for the network confirms.

RELATED | TNT Greenlights Private Eye Series Starring Jon Tenney and Rebecca Romijn

Per Deadline, the actress will play Rachel King, a stunning trial lawyer with stiletto heels and impeccably tailored clothes. She comes in as a new partner at Franklin and Bash’s law firm.

Locklear fills the void left by Garcelle Beauvais, whose option was not picked up for the upcoming season.

Comments (34)

• I love her :-) Never seen the show but I’ll check it out if she’s on it. Ironically I’m watching Melrose Place as I type this lol

Comment by Tommy – January 17, 2013 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They get rid of Garcelle Beauvais just to bring in someone new? Yeah, no thanks.

Comment by Linda – January 17, 2013 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly what I thought. Doesn’t surprise me though.

Comment by tp – January 17, 2013 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I will miss Garcelle. She was awesome on the show.

Comment by Ella – January 17, 2013 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not at all excited about this. I like HL, but no.

Comment by Nunaya_Bidness – January 17, 2013 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Disappointed to hear that.

Comment by aleasha – January 17, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • cool.

Comment by Michael Sacal – January 17, 2013 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh no. I don’t like this. They got rid of Hannah for her ?

Comment by Tina – January 17, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The more I think about it…they just lost me as a viewer. I don’t like to pull the race card but this seems kinda fishy to me. It could be coincidence that they get rid of the black woman for the blond haired blued white woman but it doesn’t look above board. Maybe they think Heather Locklear will bring her fanbase with her? Nothing against H.L but she always plays the same part: Smart but bitchy business woman. Ehh. I can skip it.

Comment by tp – January 17, 2013 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Race? Really?? Smh

Comment by Ca – January 17, 2013 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah. Really. Honestly, don’t act like it doesn’t happen. We aren’t as post-racial or enlightened as everyone wants to act like we are. People always make the comment that it’s not about race but about the best actor/actress. When the casting call goes out and it says 30 yr old white (caucasian) female, how is that about best person for the job regardless of race? There are far more of those calls going out than for a black female. It’s a part of life right now. Hopefully not forever.

Comment by tp – January 17, 2013 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • TP, you have serious issues. Writers and Directors have vision. That vision sometimes calls for a specific race/religion/color/etc. I don’t see you coming on here knocking Tyler Perry or Spike Lee for their obvious racial choices. But yep, Heather Lockler screams racists all the way. Get over yourself.

Also, I hate this move moreso for the fact that HL is a show killer. Nothing she is on stays on TV for more than a season or two before it’s cancelled. Oh well, it was a good series while it lasted.

Comment by Will – January 17, 2013 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yep. Melrose Place, Dallas, T.J Hooker. Those shows were over in a flash.

Comment by dee123 – January 18, 2013 12:47 AM PDT
          • Locklear was on Dynasty, not Dallas. As for racism, the US population is less than 13% black. If anything the african/americans are over represented on TV. That being said, Locklear is only a good looking woman with little or no talent as an actress.

Comment by Tansy – January 18, 2013 08:01 AM PDT
    • She always plays smart, but bitchy business women? It could be a trademark of hers like what most celebrities have that define them.

Comment by steven – January 17, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In other news the third season will clearly be the last. She is death of TV shows.

Comment by Midori004 – January 17, 2013 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly what I immediately thought. ha.

Comment by Will – January 17, 2013 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i will stop watching,

Comment by James Monroe – January 17, 2013 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really? Really? They write off the black woman and bring on a blue eyed blond hair woman. Anyway don’t really care for this show. I can’t believe this is still on the air and they cancel Leverage which had double the ratings. WTF!? They pair the show with Rizzoli and Isles which is top rated and still can’t find viewers as people tune out when R&I goes off and F&B comes on.

Comment by JFLYNT – January 17, 2013 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did these people watch Spin City? Don’t they know how this thing is going to end?

It also doesn’t help that Kumail is also potentially leaving too.

Comment by Josh – January 17, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh please that had nothing to do with Heather & everything to do with Sheen not be able to replace Fox.

Comment by dee123 – January 18, 2013 12:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why?

Comment by Spikenalabama – January 18, 2013 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch, because I absolutely LOVE Heather, but I was seriously hoping she’d be cast as Nolan’s mother on Revenge.

Comment by Andrew – January 22, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They are only trying to up the viewership. Whether you like or not, heather locklear has been in some very popular shows. Dynasty, Melrose Place (which she saved from cancelation), TJ Hooker, etc. I don’t think it was a racial decision. Watch or don’t watch.

Comment by Mab – January 31, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very disappointed, I don’t think Heather can act her way out of a paper bag. I want HL to stay, she was great at playing her part.

Comment by Karen O. – February 5, 2013 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked H.L. on the original Melrose,but that being said,am not happy at all about G.B. leaving and H.L. joining F. and B.Too many young people are making poor business decisions-the old saying holds up-”if it aint broke-don’t fix it”.G.B.’s character had a warmth,with her smarts.It balanced the show.I doubt H.L.’s character will have that same balancing effect.Terrible disappointment.

Comment by Shell – February 5, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just wanted to add-I hope G.B. is back on t.v. soon.She may have not had a huge role on F and B,but she played it amazingly.Oh-and I don’t think it was a ‘racist’ decision-just idiots running the business end of the show.F and B and the boss are the mains-all other roles are supports.I have a terrible feeling that this great show will be thrown off-kilter with the addition of H.L.The show is mainly light-hearted,I worry it will become harder with her.Case in point-Kathy Bates’ lawyer show was great-until second season when it was ‘re-worked’.Fools.

Comment by Shell – February 5, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This used to be a fun “boys” show but as usual with American tv shows they have to
    bring in bossy women(including Moms) to spoil things, Think Burn Notice, Glades, for example. Little wonder American men in both films and tv are regarded as feminine
    wimps

Comment by Gazza Johnston – February 13, 2013 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HL is to old and not a very good actress with the same role in every show is this the race card a beautiful blk woman lose her job after being told she would run the firm in last season you just lost a viewer

Comment by Deb – May 8, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE this show, have always liked Heather Locklear so I can only assume the show will even be better. Can’t wait for June 19, 2013!!!!

Comment by Due – June 6, 2013 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watched it. Loved the show but she ruins it. Sorry, probably won’t watch anymore. She is irritating.

Comment by Rose – June 20, 2013 05:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My feelings exactly. She ruins what I enjoyed about the show. Won’t watch anymore.

Comment by Nolonger a viewer – June 23, 2013 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She definitely ruined it! I can’t stand her “I’m a bad bitch” attitude! This show was hilarious before her! Hurts to watch now! Hannah was awesome! RIP Franklin and Bash after this season! :(

Comment by Court De La Fuente – July 17, 2013 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post