Body of Proof Season 3 Premiere Pushed Back

DANA DELANYBody of Proofs revamped third season has been pushed back — but just a smidge.

The Dana Delany-starring drama, which was originally slated to premiere Tuesday, Feb. 5, will now launch two weeks later on Feb. 19 at 10/9c.

RELATED | Body of Proof: Who’s In and Who’s Out in Season 3

An ABC source tells TVLine that the delay is merely the result of President Obama’s State of the Union address, scheduled for Feb. 12. The network’s Powers That Be didn’t want to interrupt any momentum the show might muster up by debuting Body and then preempting it the following week.

When the show does in fact return, executive producer Matthew Gross promises that fans can look forward to “stories that [are] more thrilling [and] have more stakes.”

Can you wait an extra two weeks to see Megan & Co. in action? Hit the comments!

Comments (57)

• It doesn’t really matter when it’s back, it’s going to tank. I was so into this show and now I don’t really have any desire to watch.

Comment by Kendal Walworth – January 17, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not to be rude but.. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean that it’s going to “tank” I have watched all the episodes and I’m absolutely in love with this show, as are my grandparents and a bunch of my friends. It keeps me guessing and it’s thrilling. I really loved the last season finally! It kept you on edge

Comment by Gabriella – February 1, 2013 05:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes absolutely I’m willing to wait for the show to air! It is such an inspiration to see a smart professional and sexy woman to inspire future medics. This is so exciting and I can’t wait!

Comment by Angie – February 3, 2013 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are very correct!! I am so excited to see this new season come out!! :)

Comment by Liz – February 5, 2013 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Now that it is back and I have watched 3 shows, I do not think it will last. Stupid unrealistic themes lost me. I agree, it is going to tank.

Comment by Greg – March 6, 2013 01:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Dana Delaney is terrific in this role and I’m not happy that it’s probably not coming back for Season 4!!! I love this show because it’s different than other crime dramas–it’s the complete package!!! All the good shows get cancelled because the demographics don’t meet the criteria!!! Well, there have to be shows for other people beside those who are 18 – 49!!! And, who watches commercials when you have a DVR???????? So, take your commercials and stick them…..!!

Comment by Judith Gilbertson – April 22, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since I just read what they did to Peter. I watched for Dana and her and Peter and now I am done with this show. It’s going to go down hill.

Comment by Melanie – January 17, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First Cougar Town, now Body of Proof. What a jinx you are, Ausiello.

Comment by Joe – January 17, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i miss peter, and i liked to cops too, i’m sick of mark valley’s same character being forced on every damn tv show

Comment by Andrew – January 17, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen to Mark Valley. Replacing Peter with him is the final insult.

Comment by Sarah – January 18, 2013 04:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree as well, I don’t really like him. I will watch and see what happens!

Comment by Donna – February 6, 2013 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll give it a chance , I liked before , I might like this

Comment by Joe – January 17, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bummed we have to wait longer, but I think the continuity/no preemptions will definitely help viewership. So excited!

Comment by Norah – January 17, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as it comes back, I’m happy. I think this is a great procedural with a female lead. I like it…

Comment by Ana – January 17, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so glad the show is finally coming back.We enjoyed it before and I am sure we will enjoy it again. YEA!

Comment by Judy – January 17, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show could air after the superbowl and it would still tank! No one wants see Dana Delany anymore. It’s not 1990.

Comment by Peter – January 17, 2013 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who made you GOD?

Comment by Goddess – February 6, 2013 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a show whose time is past. Let it die. Bad Acting by bad writing with unlikeable stars. A almost 60 year old trying to pass as a hot and hip 30 year old. Now having her have younger boy friends??? Oh please…..

Comment by Rusty – January 17, 2013 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it was established that her character was in her forties, actually. And calling her almost sixty is like calling a sixteen year old almost twenty.

Comment by Summer – January 17, 2013 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Dana Delany is almost 60. I think that is what Rusty was referencing. Her character is dressing like a woman in her early 30s. I don’t know any “working” mother that wears Labutins to work that isn’t a model or actress. She’s a medical examiner. She should be wearing clogs to work…..

Uugghhh like I stated earlier in a post, no one wants to see Dana Delany anymore.

Comment by Peter – January 19, 2013 02:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It’s nice to see you admit to being no one.

Comment by Juice – February 10, 2013 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But old senior men like Ted Danson, and men his age can be with young women. She’s in shape and is an attractive, feisty woman. That’s what counts.

Comment by bklyngirl – January 18, 2013 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • AMEN! TO THAT I SOOO AGREE!

Comment by Brian – February 2, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m looking forward to the show’s return. Nice to see a show with a strong female lead. Not sure if I will like the cast changes but I’m willing to give it a chance!

Comment by geraghtyvl – January 17, 2013 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am also really looking forward to this season. Lots of changes but who knows if they’ll be better or worse unless you watch it? Don’t know how anyone can just disregard the show until they give it a chance. Might be better than ever. Trying it a couple of times will see.

Comment by Dale – January 23, 2013 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Liked this show but not happy about the cast changes. They had chemistry. Will probably check it out but don’t think I’ll be a regular viewer.

Comment by Gemini – January 17, 2013 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Delaying the inevitable….no one really cares about the show any more. Messing with the cast means you lose viewers. I’m gone and suspect I’m not alone.

Comment by ljd213 – January 18, 2013 02:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Body of Proof is going to be cancelled, sorry but its live will be very short. They killed this show the day Nicholas Bishop was fired.

Comment by Alia – January 18, 2013 03:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just hope they change her know it all attitude

Comment by Ethel – January 18, 2013 04:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not sure producers or ABC knew what to do here. I love Dana Delany. I liked the original cast. We shall see what the changes bring? I thought Delany’s character was to be more like HOUSE, difficult but brilliant and dark. Now it seems we are placing her in a CATLE mode with Mark Valley. The writing has not been stellar ever but you know, it is better than a lot fo what we get on television these days.

Comment by Iakovos – January 18, 2013 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is wrong with you all?? Body of Proof is getting better and better… I have been waiting ages for season 3 to start… what happened to Dani yes i didnt like that but if it happens to peter i will be upset but i love body of proof and i always will…

Comment by Rachel – January 20, 2013 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, Dana is almost 60, she will be 57 soon. But she looks darn good for her age, better than most of the people I know that age. But the point of the show was that it reminded me of two of my favorite shows, Quincy and Crossing Jordan. Both of those shows had some action and solved mysteries and crimes through the medical examiner. But what really made those shows as well as Body of Proof wasn’t the crime solving, it was the chemistry of the ensemble cast. These types of shows don’t work unless the cast clicks and it did. If the ratings dipped, then I don’t think automatically firing cast members and hiring new ones is the answer. The one cast member I would not have missed, Jeri Ryan, mysteriously remains. One of the best things about the show was the chemistry between Megan and Peter. I am not happy about last season’s ending and the fact that Peter is no longer with us. I really like Mark Valley and he has been stiffed with two shows cancelled that I liked, Keen Eddie and Human Target. But throwing him into every failing show is not the answer for him or the shows. Body of Proof first did well with DWTS as it’s lead in. Maybe they should think about a time slot change. Will have to see the new season to make a final judgement but I liked the original cast. If I no longer want to watch it, there is always Rizzoli and Isles on cable.

Comment by DeeDee – January 20, 2013 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Like the show. What happened to Peter again? I can’t remember

Comment by keara – January 21, 2013 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Body of Proof… Think the new season will be great, Peter was kinda podgy and unappealling. A new cast will be refreshing…

Comment by Trish – January 24, 2013 02:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My wife and I really do enjoy the show. But I have to admit that we’re a bit biased since our son has been one of their writers from right after the first pilot was made. This season he wrote episode 7 and 13, (the last one). Too bad they only went for 13 episodes. Glad to hear you’re a fan of the show Trish! Dale

Comment by Dale – January 24, 2013 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG i was wondering when it was coming back !!!! And i cannot wait i love Dana it’s funny dramatic i am excited!!!!!

Comment by Rhonda – January 25, 2013 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited this show is back. Dana Delaney is terrific in this role. Counting the days!

Comment by rco – January 27, 2013 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I too am excited that the show is going to be back on soon. I have the first 2 seasons on DVD. I love Dana’s character but I am not too sure about the cast changes. Not going to make any judgments without watching a couple of episodes. Hope the cast changes do click. Wish they would make it more then 13 shows though. You just get into it and then it is off the air again.

Comment by Gee – January 28, 2013 03:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very happy to hear it’s coming back! Actually, I was under the ipressin that the show had been cut…will make a mental note to reprogram my DVR. No judgement here until I watch a couple of shows.

Comment by Dubs – January 29, 2013 02:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Move the President back two weeks instead.

Comment by Ed Lindsley – January 29, 2013 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or just pre-empt him completely.

Comment by Juice – February 10, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am really excited and looking forward .we finally have something to watch that does not emphasize gory scenes

Comment by Joe James – January 29, 2013 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right Joe. And although I enjoy some of those shows some are really gory. Like Bones for example. Have you seen the new show The Following with Kevin Bacon? That’s SO creepy my wife and I decided not to watch it. Torture and grisly murder is a bit much.

Comment by Dale – January 29, 2013 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am glad it will be back in a few weeks, and Sooo sick of the cry baby’s going on about Peter not being in it..the actor who played him chose to leave and go back to the show he was in before BOP so shut up and get a life you fools!
    The show is great and will do well with the changes!

Comment by brianc2012 – February 2, 2013 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree the show will be great. However, pretty sure the actor who played Peter was surprised they let him go. Still, lots of jobs out there. Look at Mark Valley. Right from Human Target to Harry’s Law to Body of Proof. I read two of the scrips. Going to be really good.

Comment by Dale – February 2, 2013 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show and Delaney is awesome in her role. What I don’t understand is why the show’s finale was not shown in California. Can anyone answer that question… I was really upset,,,,

Comment by Glenda – February 5, 2013 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve missed the show. That’s what I will admit freely. I’m unsure about the new cast members … but I’ll give the new season a go in 2 weeks and see what is what.

Comment by Anonymous – February 5, 2013 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank goodness that this show is coming back. Good story lines with very little violence. A murder story without all the insane violence of all the other crap on TV or some of the stupid fill in shows like the Bachelor or the Biggest Loser. How many “bachelors” do we want to see screwing around with a dozen bimbos? The other show that IS missing from the airways is Harry’s Law – another great show. I guess only the stupid ones get aired.

Comment by Goddess – February 6, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I sure do agree with you about Harry’s Law. That was an excellent show although I liked it better the first season when their law office/shoe store was in the ghetto.

Comment by Dale – February 6, 2013 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t want to wait I’m inpatient but better to wait than not see it! I’m so excited Feb 19th hurry up and get here already!

Comment by Tammy – February 6, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am also excited to see the show again. I’ve enjoyed it so far. I’ll miss Peter, but I am interested to see if the new cast clicks.

Comment by Juice – February 10, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well it looks like Peter is keeping busy since he left Body of Proof. So far I’ve seen him on CSI and also NCIS-LA. Glad he’s doing well.

Comment by Dale – February 13, 2013 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Here’s a Body of Proof quiz for you to get ready for the new season.

Comment by Dale – February 13, 2013 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im so happy that Body of Proof is back again this year. I enjoyed season two, and am absolutely thrilled that its back for a 3rd season. It seems that networks are always so quick to cancel good shows (without giving them much of a chance for people to really get into it and becime faithful viewers.) so for this reson im glad to see a show like body of proof on air. Theres talent in the cast, &good stirylines. Its a show i can watch and know that its not filled with crap i need to turn off because my young granddaughter decides she cant sleep anymore. I say keep the shows like Body of Proof, and get rid of all those lame retarded reality shows where there no talent, and no real entertainment given to the viewer.

Comment by Pk – March 6, 2013 01:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Dana delany looks great and the show is ok. Mark valley is a good add. But, even more unrealistic than the shoes is the hair hanging over her shoulders while her character performs an autopsy!! At least tie it back in a ponytail .

Comment by Annette – April 3, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too extreme this season, too much blood, gore, violence, extreme themes. Used to love this; but the nastiness portrayed is not enjoyable. Liked it the way it was. Won’t watch .

Comment by Carl – April 8, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well you’re in the minority. The ratings have been moving up little by little. 13 episodes were shot and 13 will be shown along with a rerun or two. I didn’t much care for Megan’s attitude at first but now she seems to have mellowed out and I like her better.

Comment by Dale of So Cal – April 8, 2013 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post