Body of Proof Season 3 Premiere Pushed Back

DANA DELANYBody of Proofs revamped third season has been pushed back — but just a smidge.

The Dana Delany-starring drama, which was originally slated to premiere Tuesday, Feb. 5, will now launch two weeks later on Feb. 19 at 10/9c.

RELATED | Body of Proof: Who’s In and Who’s Out in Season 3

An ABC source tells TVLine that the delay is merely the result of President Obama’s State of the Union address, scheduled for Feb. 12. The network’s Powers That Be didn’t want to interrupt any momentum the show might muster up by debuting Body and then preempting it the following week.

When the show does in fact return, executive producer Matthew Gross promises that fans can look forward to “stories that [are] more thrilling [and] have more stakes.”

Can you wait an extra two weeks to see Megan & Co. in action? Hit the comments!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Premieres, Scheduling News

1. It doesn’t really matter when it’s back, it’s going to tank. I was so into this show and now I don’t really have any desire to watch.

• Gabriella says:

Not to be rude but.. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean that it’s going to “tank” I have watched all the episodes and I’m absolutely in love with this show, as are my grandparents and a bunch of my friends. It keeps me guessing and it’s thrilling. I really loved the last season finally! It kept you on edge

• Angie says:

Yes absolutely I’m willing to wait for the show to air! It is such an inspiration to see a smart professional and sexy woman to inspire future medics. This is so exciting and I can’t wait!

• Liz says:

You are very correct!! I am so excited to see this new season come out!! :)

• Greg says:

Now that it is back and I have watched 3 shows, I do not think it will last. Stupid unrealistic themes lost me. I agree, it is going to tank.

• Judith Gilbertson says:

I think Dana Delaney is terrific in this role and I’m not happy that it’s probably not coming back for Season 4!!! I love this show because it’s different than other crime dramas–it’s the complete package!!! All the good shows get cancelled because the demographics don’t meet the criteria!!! Well, there have to be shows for other people beside those who are 18 – 49!!! And, who watches commercials when you have a DVR???????? So, take your commercials and stick them…..!!

2. Melanie says:

Since I just read what they did to Peter. I watched for Dana and her and Peter and now I am done with this show. It’s going to go down hill.

3. Joe says:

First Cougar Town, now Body of Proof. What a jinx you are, Ausiello.

4. Andrew says:

i miss peter, and i liked to cops too, i’m sick of mark valley’s same character being forced on every damn tv show

5. Joe says:

I’ll give it a chance , I liked before , I might like this

6. Norah says:

Bummed we have to wait longer, but I think the continuity/no preemptions will definitely help viewership. So excited!

7. Ana says:

As long as it comes back, I’m happy. I think this is a great procedural with a female lead. I like it…

8. Judy says:

I am so glad the show is finally coming back.We enjoyed it before and I am sure we will enjoy it again. YEA!

9. Peter says:

This show could air after the superbowl and it would still tank! No one wants see Dana Delany anymore. It’s not 1990.

10. Rusty says:

It’s a show whose time is past. Let it die. Bad Acting by bad writing with unlikeable stars. A almost 60 year old trying to pass as a hot and hip 30 year old. Now having her have younger boy friends??? Oh please…..

• Summer says:

I think it was established that her character was in her forties, actually. And calling her almost sixty is like calling a sixteen year old almost twenty.

• Peter says:

Dana Delany is almost 60. I think that is what Rusty was referencing. Her character is dressing like a woman in her early 30s. I don’t know any “working” mother that wears Labutins to work that isn’t a model or actress. She’s a medical examiner. She should be wearing clogs to work…..

Uugghhh like I stated earlier in a post, no one wants to see Dana Delany anymore.

• bklyngirl says:

But old senior men like Ted Danson, and men his age can be with young women. She’s in shape and is an attractive, feisty woman. That’s what counts.

11. geraghtyvl says:

I’m looking forward to the show’s return. Nice to see a show with a strong female lead. Not sure if I will like the cast changes but I’m willing to give it a chance!

• Dale says:

I am also really looking forward to this season. Lots of changes but who knows if they’ll be better or worse unless you watch it? Don’t know how anyone can just disregard the show until they give it a chance. Might be better than ever. Trying it a couple of times will see.

12. Gemini says:

Liked this show but not happy about the cast changes. They had chemistry. Will probably check it out but don’t think I’ll be a regular viewer.

13. ljd213 says:

Delaying the inevitable….no one really cares about the show any more. Messing with the cast means you lose viewers. I’m gone and suspect I’m not alone.

14. Alia says:

Body of Proof is going to be cancelled, sorry but its live will be very short. They killed this show the day Nicholas Bishop was fired.

15. Ethel says:

Just hope they change her know it all attitude

16. Iakovos says:

Not sure producers or ABC knew what to do here. I love Dana Delany. I liked the original cast. We shall see what the changes bring? I thought Delany’s character was to be more like HOUSE, difficult but brilliant and dark. Now it seems we are placing her in a CATLE mode with Mark Valley. The writing has not been stellar ever but you know, it is better than a lot fo what we get on television these days.

17. Rachel says:

What is wrong with you all?? Body of Proof is getting better and better… I have been waiting ages for season 3 to start… what happened to Dani yes i didnt like that but if it happens to peter i will be upset but i love body of proof and i always will…

18. DeeDee says:

Yes, Dana is almost 60, she will be 57 soon. But she looks darn good for her age, better than most of the people I know that age. But the point of the show was that it reminded me of two of my favorite shows, Quincy and Crossing Jordan. Both of those shows had some action and solved mysteries and crimes through the medical examiner. But what really made those shows as well as Body of Proof wasn’t the crime solving, it was the chemistry of the ensemble cast. These types of shows don’t work unless the cast clicks and it did. If the ratings dipped, then I don’t think automatically firing cast members and hiring new ones is the answer. The one cast member I would not have missed, Jeri Ryan, mysteriously remains. One of the best things about the show was the chemistry between Megan and Peter. I am not happy about last season’s ending and the fact that Peter is no longer with us. I really like Mark Valley and he has been stiffed with two shows cancelled that I liked, Keen Eddie and Human Target. But throwing him into every failing show is not the answer for him or the shows. Body of Proof first did well with DWTS as it’s lead in. Maybe they should think about a time slot change. Will have to see the new season to make a final judgement but I liked the original cast. If I no longer want to watch it, there is always Rizzoli and Isles on cable.

19. keara says:

Like the show. What happened to Peter again? I can’t remember

20. Trish says:

I love Body of Proof… Think the new season will be great, Peter was kinda podgy and unappealling. A new cast will be refreshing…

• Dale says:

My wife and I really do enjoy the show. But I have to admit that we’re a bit biased since our son has been one of their writers from right after the first pilot was made. This season he wrote episode 7 and 13, (the last one). Too bad they only went for 13 episodes. Glad to hear you’re a fan of the show Trish! Dale

21. Rhonda says:

OMG i was wondering when it was coming back !!!! And i cannot wait i love Dana it’s funny dramatic i am excited!!!!!

22. rco says:

I am so excited this show is back. Dana Delaney is terrific in this role. Counting the days!

23. Gee says:

I too am excited that the show is going to be back on soon. I have the first 2 seasons on DVD. I love Dana’s character but I am not too sure about the cast changes. Not going to make any judgments without watching a couple of episodes. Hope the cast changes do click. Wish they would make it more then 13 shows though. You just get into it and then it is off the air again.

24. Dubs says:

Very happy to hear it’s coming back! Actually, I was under the ipressin that the show had been cut…will make a mental note to reprogram my DVR. No judgement here until I watch a couple of shows.

25. Ed Lindsley says:

Move the President back two weeks instead.

26. Joe James says:

I am really excited and looking forward .we finally have something to watch that does not emphasize gory scenes

• Dale says:

Right Joe. And although I enjoy some of those shows some are really gory. Like Bones for example. Have you seen the new show The Following with Kevin Bacon? That’s SO creepy my wife and I decided not to watch it. Torture and grisly murder is a bit much.

27. brianc2012 says:

I am glad it will be back in a few weeks, and Sooo sick of the cry baby’s going on about Peter not being in it..the actor who played him chose to leave and go back to the show he was in before BOP so shut up and get a life you fools!
    The show is great and will do well with the changes!

• Dale says:

I agree the show will be great. However, pretty sure the actor who played Peter was surprised they let him go. Still, lots of jobs out there. Look at Mark Valley. Right from Human Target to Harry’s Law to Body of Proof. I read two of the scrips. Going to be really good.

28. Glenda says:

I love this show and Delaney is awesome in her role. What I don’t understand is why the show’s finale was not shown in California. Can anyone answer that question… I was really upset,,,,

29. Anonymous says:

I’ve missed the show. That’s what I will admit freely. I’m unsure about the new cast members … but I’ll give the new season a go in 2 weeks and see what is what.

30. Goddess says:

Thank goodness that this show is coming back. Good story lines with very little violence. A murder story without all the insane violence of all the other crap on TV or some of the stupid fill in shows like the Bachelor or the Biggest Loser. How many “bachelors” do we want to see screwing around with a dozen bimbos? The other show that IS missing from the airways is Harry’s Law – another great show. I guess only the stupid ones get aired.

• Dale says:

I sure do agree with you about Harry’s Law. That was an excellent show although I liked it better the first season when their law office/shoe store was in the ghetto.

31. Tammy says:

I don’t want to wait I’m inpatient but better to wait than not see it! I’m so excited Feb 19th hurry up and get here already!

32. Juice says:

I am also excited to see the show again. I’ve enjoyed it so far. I’ll miss Peter, but I am interested to see if the new cast clicks.

• Dale says:

Well it looks like Peter is keeping busy since he left Body of Proof. So far I’ve seen him on CSI and also NCIS-LA. Glad he’s doing well.

33. Pk says:

Im so happy that Body of Proof is back again this year. I enjoyed season two, and am absolutely thrilled that its back for a 3rd season. It seems that networks are always so quick to cancel good shows (without giving them much of a chance for people to really get into it and becime faithful viewers.) so for this reson im glad to see a show like body of proof on air. Theres talent in the cast, &good stirylines. Its a show i can watch and know that its not filled with crap i need to turn off because my young granddaughter decides she cant sleep anymore. I say keep the shows like Body of Proof, and get rid of all those lame retarded reality shows where there no talent, and no real entertainment given to the viewer.

34. Annette says:

I think Dana delany looks great and the show is ok. Mark valley is a good add. But, even more unrealistic than the shoes is the hair hanging over her shoulders while her character performs an autopsy!! At least tie it back in a ponytail .

35. Carl says:

Too extreme this season, too much blood, gore, violence, extreme themes. Used to love this; but the nastiness portrayed is not enjoyable. Liked it the way it was. Won’t watch .

• Dale of So Cal says:

Well you’re in the minority. The ratings have been moving up little by little. 13 episodes were shot and 13 will be shown along with a rerun or two. I didn’t much care for Megan’s attitude at first but now she seems to have mellowed out and I like her better.