TVLine Items: One Life to Live Revival Adds Robin Strasser, PTC Targets Scandal and More!

RobinStrasserThe Online Network’s One Life to Live relaunch has locked in the always dynamic Dorian Lord.

Suds vet Robin Strasser officially announced her involvement in the project early Tuesday, tweeting in enthusiastic, all-caps fashion: “OLTL LIVES AGAIN thanx to FANS & [Prospect Park] I’m IN & GRATEFUL.”

As previously reported, Online Network owner Prospect Park has first dibs on any OLTL characters that, unlike Dorian, relocated to General Hospital‘s Port Charles over the past year (meaning Todd, John and Starr), though not the actors themselves.

RELATED | All My Children, One Life to Live Start Production in February, for Online Relaunch

Meanwhile, Jordi Vilasuso is on board for All My Children‘s own online relaunch. “Looking forward to getting Castillos back in action,” he revealed via Twitter, referring to his and Lindsay Hartley‘s Pine Valley siblings, Griffin and Cara.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• The Parents Television Council is this week taking aim at… ABC and its sophomore drama Scandal, for last week’s “intense, explicit and bloody” torture scene involving a CIA brute and suspected assassin Huck. Citing television’s “failed ratings system,” PTC president Tim Winter stated: “This decision [to air an advisory ahead of the installment] suggests the network understood that the show was inappropriate for children, and they should have rated it as TV-MA.”

RELATED | PaleyFest 2013 Line-Up Unveiled: Walking Dead, Community, Nashville, Parenthood and More!

• Alexandra Daddario (Parenthood), Elizabeth Reaser (Twilight) and The Wire‘s Wood Harris and Michael Potts have joined HBO’s new drama True Detective, per Deadline. Starring Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey, the project follows two cops whose lives entwine during a 17-year search for a serial killer. As TVLine reported on Monday, Michelle Monaghan (Mission: Impossible) landed the female lead.

• ABC this Sunday will cap its night with a Shark Tank repeat instead of a fresh Happy Endings/Apartment 23 combo.

• TBS has unveiled the first full-length trailer for its new competition series King of the Nerds, which bows Jan. 17 at 10 pm. Press PLAY for a sneak peek:

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. AJ says:

Love the PTC – all they do is make me interested in watching new shows that I hadn’t watched before. When will these morons go away…

2. Mick says:

Dorian Lord is back!

3. Joe says:

Scandal had a warning before the episode

4. hello says:

It airs at 10 PM, if anyone actually lets their children watch Television at 10 Pm they deserve a visit from CPS

• Britta Unfiltered says:

Airs at 9 in the Mountain time zone, but I’m not quibbling. Everything here airs an hour earlier for some bizarre reason, though kids should still be finding their way to bedtime around 9. I find the ratings system to be kind of dumb. I don’t know anyone who actually pays attention to it.

• sladewilson says:

See, that’s what I was thinking. What the hell are children doing up this late? Maybe they should be sleeping? Ya think? Who are these parents who have their kids watching shows like Scandal anyway? Can someone find something for the PTC to do besides mess with shows that should be out of their pervue?

5. Joe says:

Why don’t abc just air the last episodes of 666 on sun intead of a repeat of shark tank

• Montie says:

Exactly what I was thinking!

• Scott says:

Because the President of ABC is a complete and utter moron. The network cannot keep anything on worth watching…If you get invested in a show on that network, prepare yourself because it is bound to get cancelled.

• DoctorWhoFanatic! says:

The retooled-for-closure ending was pretty lame anyways… I can understand why they didn’t air it. But hey, at least they’re planning on a summer air schedule for it — or maybe they’ll release them on netflix, etc?

• TV Gord says:

Because a repeat of Shark Tank will probably get higher ratings than a first-run 666 Park Avenue. Sad, but true.

• Eli says:

This whole ABC Sunday night capping fiasco is becoming a joke…just air the few left 666 episodes already. They’d probably get the same ratings as the Shark Tank repeat

• Jason says:

My guess is they are saving them for a DVD release so they can advertise unaired episodes and maximize profit for DVD!

6. Percysowner says:

For the first time I’m getting excited about OLTL. Not too excited, because it has all fallen apart before, but I LOVE Dorian. Good move!

7. Emma says:

Hah PTC really? A warning was aired before the show and also it’s on at 10pm, if kids are watching that’s up to parents not ABC.

8. C says:

No mention that the awesome Jerry ver Dorn (Clint Buchanan) has signed up for the OLTL reboot?

9. shump says:

Yeah cause all the children are talking about Scandal on the playground.

10. Mac says:

Good news! But I’ll really start believing the OLTL/AMC reboot when they start the cameras rolling.

11. Ella says:

So glad that Robin Strasser has signed on! Waiting for good news about Kassie DePaiva and Erica Slezak …

12. rachelle says:

ummmm the PTC needs to sit the heck down. there was a warning before the episode! and like someone else said, if you’re letting your children watch tv after 10pm or not monitoring what they’re watching, that’s on you, not the people at ABC who don’t know you or your family!

13. Jake says:

To all those parents up in arms about Scandal, let me introduce you to the remote control. There is a button called the channel button, it magically changes the channel, who would have thought? There is also a button called the OFF, it turns the tv off. Stopping blaming everyone for your lack of parental skills.

14. april-ann says:

Dorian!! Praise the Lord!

15. Jared says:

I’m surprised that ABC would just throw away there 10pm hour on one of there highest rated nights. Why not air an encore of Nashville? God knows that show could use all the exposure it could get. Instead they chose a cheap reality show that already does well and doesn’t really need sample viewing.

• Dizzle says:

Unless Red Widow is some surprise hit in the slot I fully expect them to shift Nashville here for season 2. Revenge isn’t strong enough to launch a new show, and Wednesday at 10 is ripe for the taking next season with a hot new show.

16. Britta Unfiltered says:

That’s interesting about Robin Strasser. I remember when she retired from acting because of back problems. I’m surprised she is going back to it, she made it sound like she would never return when she retired.

17. Jake says:

I am not sure what all the hype is about Revenge…Personally I don’t think Emily VanCamp can act worth beans…The only thing about this show is Ms. Stowe.

18. leo says:

9PM or 10PM doesn’t matter. In the Central and Mountain time zones, 9PM is the magic time when the networks can show racier and more adult programming. Most parents know that and the PTC would do more good reminding them of that instead of whining about the there not being a TV-MA rating IN ADDITION to the warning provided. A warning that was much more informative than a rating, btw.

19. “This decision [to air an advisory ahead of the installment] suggests the network understood that the show was inappropriate for children, and they should have rated it as TV-MA.”

What about Scandal is appropiate for children? Parents who let their kids watch the show are the problem… what child would want to watch Scandal to being with?!?!

They should watch Tron Uprising instead, it needs more viewers And Young Justice, and Thundercats.

• Ram510 says:

YES!!!!! Please everybody start watching Young Justice and Thundercats! Young Justice is an excellent show for kids but really an even better show for adults. CN you need to start promoting Young Justice more because its already one of your top rated shows but it could be the TBBT of CN. And CN please give us another season of Thundercats

20. guest says:

Ok, no kid is watching Scandal because they are too busy watching Disney and Nickelodeon. Besides I don’t see the issue with letting children watch adult shows. When I was a kid we had only one television in the house and after the kid friendly sitcoms were finished for the night and we were still awake we watched what my parents did like Dynasty, China Beach, Falcon Crest, etc. My first movie in the theater was Aliens at 5 years old and I turned out just fine as did my brother and sister. I’ve watched the Disney shows with my niece and most of them feature young kids who want to be actors and singers who are constantly “getting one over on the adults”. My brother had to make her stop watching them for a while because she was talking back and acting like they do on the shows.

21. arial2 says:

Re PTC and Scandal: given the subject matter of the show, why would parents allow their children to watch in the first place? I guess it’s okay for children to watch the dozens of shows with violent murders, yet these people “draw the line” at water-boarding and beating people up. Do a reality check. Parents are responsible for what their children watch, whether the shows air at 8 PM or 10 PM; when are THEY going to live up to THEIR responsibilities as the grownups in the house???

22. Jake says:

While I agree no child should be watching the show, some people may not know the content of the show, especially during the last few weeks when so may reruns are on and school is out, they may be tempted to try something new. Tweens and young adults are very easily influenced. They are not saying take the show off of the air or put it on cable or censor it. All that is being asked is to modify the rating which is no big deal. Frankly it sounds like more of a political agenda than anything else. I was much more disturbed by this show’s depiction of dead kids that aired on 12/13 the night before the Newtown massacre that happened on 12/14. I guess people care more about the rights of suspected terrorists. This is an adult intense drama that kids should not be watching, so just give it the appropriate rating and be done with it.