Supernatural Sneak Peek: Dean and Sam Go LARPing With Felicia Day

When Felicia Day returns to The CW’s Supernatural for “LARP and the Real Girl” (airing Jan. 23), she won’t be the only one engaged in live-action role-playing aka LARPing. The Winchester brothers will also get in on the fun, and we’ve got your first look at Dean donning a medieval costume that you have to see to believe.

RELATED | CW Boss Talks Wonder Woman, Vampire Diaries Spin-Off, Supernatural Renewal and More!

“We will discover that young Charlie Bradbury, in running from her past life, has found herself a new life in a new community,” executive producer Jeremy Carver previously told TVLine. “Basically, [she] has fallen into the welcoming arms of a community of LARPers.”

But not everything about this group is warm and friendly; Dean and Sam are there to investigate the death of two players.

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Elyse says:

love it! :)

2. mac says:

the internet is going to hate me now but I really consider Day to be a terrible actress and I really really really don’t want to see her annoying as hell character on the show again =(

• Venkman007 says:

You shouldn’t give a flying f**k what other people think; it’s your opinion…..right? People seem to forget that this is a free country and we can voice our opinion without fear of retaliation…..unless you’re on YouTube.

• Rowan77 says:

Not to be didactic, but, while I support freedom of speech and to have your own opinions, you do not have a “right” to say whatever you want without any “retaliation” or negative reactions. The 1st Amendment protects you from governmental retaliation for speaking your mind – but not protection personal or even your employer’s reaction or, as you pointed out, YouTube. Personally, I’m okay with Felicia Day. She’s a one trick pony – plays very similar type characters. Not a lot of range there, so I understand why some have no love for her at all.

• Alan says:

no you can voice your opinion without fear of being sent to jail for it, not fear of someone disagreeing. debate is what makes the free world great and its attitudes like that that just seem to crap all over what our ancestors strived to achieve in founding a country with free speech

• Ella says:

I don’t hate you and I agree with you 100%. But since she will be back, I’ll just be thankful she’s not a love interest.

• Josh says:

Oh Day is HORRIBLE as an actress…I don’t think you’re alone in that…BUt I still like here. She’s cute as a button and seems real fun…but yeah she’s not a great actress haha

• Aliana says:

People do tend to get upset when you say unkind things (true or not) about really likable people.

• Spencer says:

I kind of agree. I like her – I think she’s adorable, and Dr. Horrible is played on repeat in my Netflix queue. But, yeah, she isn’t the best actress.

• Alan says:

i disagree but i understand everyone has their own opinions and they wont always match up with mine. i think she is talented at but has been pigeon-holed into this one type of role and i would like to see her do something different. ive watched her now through 6 seasons of the guild(which she also writes), two years as a recurring character on eureka, dr horrible(repeatedly) and her guest role on here and ive always found her to be completely believable in the role, now if only casting directors were willing to take the risk and give her something different to do

• Ashley says:

Truth be told I’ve not seen her in much, but I have a great deal of respect for her as a business person.

• tvdiva says:

I was over Felicia Day when Eureka almost devoted their entire last season to her character Holly. The last season should have been about the regular cast. And on Supernatural, she is just playing another version of that Holly character. So yes, I agree with you and I do not hate you for being honest and expressing your opinion.

• KittyKat says:

I respect your opinion and you are entitled to it, don’t worry what others think and since you were so respectful with your post.

I think she’s ok though, I liked her on Eureka until it was “overdone” and her last Supernatural episode was enjoyable but I’ve never seen the Guild or Dr. Horrible. Maybe I’ll look for them later. I DO think she looks very pretty in her crown and gown get up.

• Alan says:

look it up you will not be disappointed and even if you are its only 45 minutes of your life. felicia is very good as the love interest. nathan fillion and neil patrick harris are also fantastic in it.

3. Someone says:

FELICIA DAY!!! <3

4. Al says:

It looks awesome!

Wasn’t Sam supposed to dress up as well? I thought I read this spoilers here… ?

5. k says:

Dean kinda looks like Merlin ;(

6. selina says:

Disappointed that Sam isn’t in costume…

7. Moe says:

Eeek, I can’t wait! Dean in costume, looking frigging HOT! Yum!

I agree though, not a fan of Charlie. Felicia Day is fine, I don’t have an opinion about her really either way, but Charlie was a bit over the top Mary Sue like for me, and it looks like it’s more of the same for her in this episode too. They need to tone her down if they plan on bringing her back as recurring.

8. Dean looks amazing! Can’t wait to see what happens.

9. Ditt says:

This looks more like the SCA’s Pennsic War or a Ren Faire then it does a LARP.

10. Mikaylah says:

I adore Felicia Day and the character of Charlie, and I’m excited to see her again. I can’t wait to see Sam and Dean interact with the LARP community.

11. Ella says:

Someone has to write a Destiel medieval fic now, lol.

12. Ace says:

Oh my. Yes, please and thank you, to Jensen in chain mail. Yowza.

13. Michelle says:

I pray to god that Jared is also going to be in costume. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

14. cj says:

Dean looks so sexy in that costume, don’t think I’m going to survive this episode.

15. cj says:

DEAN!! I’ve always wanted to see Jensen act in an historical drama and he seems to rock any outfit from any era. Supernatural keeps teasing me with stuff like this.

16. Cheryl says:

I love Sam in that long dark brown coat with his hair tucked behind his ears. Yay! Back to the brothers being the focus of this show and a fun episode too!

17. Chelsea says:

Man, I freakin’ love Dean :)

18. Jude says:

Hope they hand Dean a lyre and let him sing………….after the way he performed “Angeles” I’d enjoy listening to him sing jingles from TV commercials! Wow! The guy always looks good. Agree with the assessment of FD’s acting chops. Guess all her roles are pretty much played “tongue in cheek”. To each his own…. As long as she provides decent backup for our hunters I’ll simply sit back and enjoy her episodes. Guess they didn’t have Medieval attire in Sammy’s size, huh?

19. Drew says:

Not the hugest fan of Charlie. Felicia is a nice gal and all, but I didn’t think the character fit into this show very well. Hopefully, this season’s superior writing will make her better.

Also, I want to say how glad I am that Sam finally fought back against the sideburn monsters that was invading his face and forced them to retreat.

20. Heather says:

You would think that Sam would be the one in costume for sure; he’s got the hair for it. Ha ha ha! This episode looks great.

21. Suzanne says:

Mmmmmm Dean in medieval costume….so hot. He can rock my chain mail any day. Jensen is the only man I know who actually makes the clothes he wears look better/sexier.

22. J Day says:

She is totally awesome. Loved her in eureka. Wish that show would return. But yeah, she is cute as a button. I love all actors with my same name though so maybe I’m a little biased!