Supernatural Sneak Peek: Dean and Sam Go LARPing With Felicia Day

When Felicia Day returns to The CW’s Supernatural for “LARP and the Real Girl” (airing Jan. 23), she won’t be the only one engaged in live-action role-playing aka LARPing. The Winchester brothers will also get in on the fun, and we’ve got your first look at Dean donning a medieval costume that you have to see to believe.

RELATED | CW Boss Talks Wonder Woman, Vampire Diaries Spin-Off, Supernatural Renewal and More!

“We will discover that young Charlie Bradbury, in running from her past life, has found herself a new life in a new community,” executive producer Jeremy Carver previously told TVLine. “Basically, [she] has fallen into the welcoming arms of a community of LARPers.”

But not everything about this group is warm and friendly; Dean and Sam are there to investigate the death of two players.

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (44)

• love it! :)

Comment by Elyse – January 14, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the internet is going to hate me now but I really consider Day to be a terrible actress and I really really really don’t want to see her annoying as hell character on the show again =(

Comment by mac – January 14, 2013 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You shouldn’t give a flying f**k what other people think; it’s your opinion…..right? People seem to forget that this is a free country and we can voice our opinion without fear of retaliation…..unless you’re on YouTube.

Comment by Venkman007 – January 14, 2013 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not to be didactic, but, while I support freedom of speech and to have your own opinions, you do not have a “right” to say whatever you want without any “retaliation” or negative reactions. The 1st Amendment protects you from governmental retaliation for speaking your mind – but not protection personal or even your employer’s reaction or, as you pointed out, YouTube. Personally, I’m okay with Felicia Day. She’s a one trick pony – plays very similar type characters. Not a lot of range there, so I understand why some have no love for her at all.

Comment by Rowan77 – January 15, 2013 01:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • no you can voice your opinion without fear of being sent to jail for it, not fear of someone disagreeing. debate is what makes the free world great and its attitudes like that that just seem to crap all over what our ancestors strived to achieve in founding a country with free speech

Comment by Alan – January 15, 2013 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t hate you and I agree with you 100%. But since she will be back, I’ll just be thankful she’s not a love interest.

Comment by Ella – January 14, 2013 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh Day is HORRIBLE as an actress…I don’t think you’re alone in that…BUt I still like here. She’s cute as a button and seems real fun…but yeah she’s not a great actress haha

Comment by Josh – January 14, 2013 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • sometimes its not the actress or actors fault if the writing material given to you isn’t all that great.

Comment by James Harding – January 15, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • People do tend to get upset when you say unkind things (true or not) about really likable people.

Comment by Aliana – January 14, 2013 09:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I kind of agree. I like her – I think she’s adorable, and Dr. Horrible is played on repeat in my Netflix queue. But, yeah, she isn’t the best actress.

Comment by Spencer – January 15, 2013 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i disagree but i understand everyone has their own opinions and they wont always match up with mine. i think she is talented at but has been pigeon-holed into this one type of role and i would like to see her do something different. ive watched her now through 6 seasons of the guild(which she also writes), two years as a recurring character on eureka, dr horrible(repeatedly) and her guest role on here and ive always found her to be completely believable in the role, now if only casting directors were willing to take the risk and give her something different to do

Comment by Alan – January 15, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Truth be told I’ve not seen her in much, but I have a great deal of respect for her as a business person.

Comment by Ashley – January 15, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was over Felicia Day when Eureka almost devoted their entire last season to her character Holly. The last season should have been about the regular cast. And on Supernatural, she is just playing another version of that Holly character. So yes, I agree with you and I do not hate you for being honest and expressing your opinion.

Comment by tvdiva – January 15, 2013 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I respect your opinion and you are entitled to it, don’t worry what others think and since you were so respectful with your post.

I think she’s ok though, I liked her on Eureka until it was “overdone” and her last Supernatural episode was enjoyable but I’ve never seen the Guild or Dr. Horrible. Maybe I’ll look for them later. I DO think she looks very pretty in her crown and gown get up.

Comment by KittyKat – January 22, 2013 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • look it up you will not be disappointed and even if you are its only 45 minutes of your life. felicia is very good as the love interest. nathan fillion and neil patrick harris are also fantastic in it.

Comment by Alan – January 22, 2013 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Robin Dean!

Comment by Heather LeeAnn Evans – January 14, 2013 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FELICIA DAY!!! <3

Comment by Someone – January 14, 2013 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It looks awesome!

Wasn’t Sam supposed to dress up as well? I thought I read this spoilers here… ?

Comment by Al – January 14, 2013 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe his outfit is a surprise since I’m sure I heard tights mentioned.

Comment by cj – January 15, 2013 04:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dean kinda looks like Merlin ;(

Comment by k – January 14, 2013 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Disappointed that Sam isn’t in costume…

Comment by selina – January 14, 2013 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same!

Comment by Ruby – January 14, 2013 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • more than likely he is in something absolutely hilarious and they dont want to ruin the shock value of it before hand

Comment by Alan – January 15, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eeek, I can’t wait! Dean in costume, looking frigging HOT! Yum!

I agree though, not a fan of Charlie. Felicia Day is fine, I don’t have an opinion about her really either way, but Charlie was a bit over the top Mary Sue like for me, and it looks like it’s more of the same for her in this episode too. They need to tone her down if they plan on bringing her back as recurring.

Comment by Moe – January 14, 2013 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dean looks amazing! Can’t wait to see what happens.

Comment by Tammy K (@latlk) – January 14, 2013 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on wasever.

Comment by tegtthom – January 14, 2013 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This looks more like the SCA’s Pennsic War or a Ren Faire then it does a LARP.

Comment by Ditt – January 14, 2013 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’ve obviously never been to a properly conducted LARP ;D Try looking up pictures of Drachenfest, Conquest of Mythodea or The Gathering.

Comment by Mona – January 14, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • its pretty accurate to how it would be in real life, people can go all out at these things

Comment by Alan – January 15, 2013 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I adore Felicia Day and the character of Charlie, and I’m excited to see her again. I can’t wait to see Sam and Dean interact with the LARP community.

Comment by Mikaylah – January 14, 2013 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Someone has to write a Destiel medieval fic now, lol.

Comment by Ella – January 14, 2013 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my. Yes, please and thank you, to Jensen in chain mail. Yowza.

Comment by Ace – January 14, 2013 10:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I pray to god that Jared is also going to be in costume. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

Comment by Michelle – January 14, 2013 10:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dean looks so sexy in that costume, don’t think I’m going to survive this episode.

Comment by cj – January 15, 2013 04:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DEAN!! I’ve always wanted to see Jensen act in an historical drama and he seems to rock any outfit from any era. Supernatural keeps teasing me with stuff like this.

Comment by cj – January 15, 2013 04:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Sam in that long dark brown coat with his hair tucked behind his ears. Yay! Back to the brothers being the focus of this show and a fun episode too!

Comment by Cheryl – January 15, 2013 05:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • when have the brothers not been the focus of the show? besides when castiel drops by to steal the spotlight

Comment by Alan – January 15, 2013 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man, I freakin’ love Dean :)

Comment by Chelsea – January 15, 2013 05:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope they hand Dean a lyre and let him sing………….after the way he performed “Angeles” I’d enjoy listening to him sing jingles from TV commercials! Wow! The guy always looks good. Agree with the assessment of FD’s acting chops. Guess all her roles are pretty much played “tongue in cheek”. To each his own…. As long as she provides decent backup for our hunters I’ll simply sit back and enjoy her episodes. Guess they didn’t have Medieval attire in Sammy’s size, huh?

Comment by Jude – January 15, 2013 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not the hugest fan of Charlie. Felicia is a nice gal and all, but I didn’t think the character fit into this show very well. Hopefully, this season’s superior writing will make her better.

Also, I want to say how glad I am that Sam finally fought back against the sideburn monsters that was invading his face and forced them to retreat.

Comment by Drew – January 15, 2013 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You would think that Sam would be the one in costume for sure; he’s got the hair for it. Ha ha ha! This episode looks great.

Comment by Heather – January 15, 2013 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mmmmmm Dean in medieval costume….so hot. He can rock my chain mail any day. Jensen is the only man I know who actually makes the clothes he wears look better/sexier.

Comment by Suzanne – January 16, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is totally awesome. Loved her in eureka. Wish that show would return. But yeah, she is cute as a button. I love all actors with my same name though so maybe I’m a little biased!

Comment by J Day – January 16, 2013 11:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post