Exclusive: Friday Night Lights Grad Joins NBC Thriller Do No Harm for Arc

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Do No Harm Jurnee Smollett Phylicia RashadNBC’s upcoming drama Do No Harm is about to take on a new Jurnee.

Friday Night Lights alum Jurnee Smollett will join the midseason thriller for three episodes, TVLine has learned exclusively. She’ll play the daughter of Phylicia Rashad’s Dr. Vanessa Young.

RELATED | Exclusive: James Cromwell Joins NBC’s New Thriller Do No Harm in Pivotal Role

Harm is a Jekyll-and-Hyde-ish thriller starring Rescue Me’s Steven Pasquale as neurosurgeon Jason Cole whose dangerous alter-ego “Ian” is in a position to destroy his personal and professional lives.

Rashad’s character is head of the hospital’s neurosurgery department and is described as “a strong and determined woman who leads by example.” No word yet on whether her offspring shares those characteristics.

Smollett also played Lisa Tyler in the short-lived The Defenders and has appeared on Grey’s AnatomyHouseER and Cosby.

Do No Harm premieres Thursday, Jan. 31 at 10/9c after 30 Rock‘s one-hour series finale.

Comments (12)

• I love her but what an awful pic of her, she looks sick.

Comment by rod – January 14, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I live in Philly, where this is filmed and they were filming ep 12 last week. How do they keep adding so many people for reoccurring arcs if they are winding down? Did they get a larger order than 13?

Comment by Jake – January 14, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Epic Fail this will be .

Comment by forwarddad – January 14, 2013 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She also was Denise in Full House. That is the only reason I recognize her…haha.

Comment by Clifford Alverez – January 14, 2013 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve seen the first episode of Do No Harm and its pretty good but I just wish it wasn’t set in the back drop of a hospital. I would have much rather seen the main character in ANY other profession. Medical dramas really aren’t my thing and that might be the ONLY reason why I wouldn’t follow this show regularly.

Comment by JoJo – January 14, 2013 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also saw the pilot. I thought it was good. I will check out episode 2.

Comment by Serena – January 14, 2013 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The pilot is online (Hulu, NBC) and is better than I thought it would be.

Comment by Mick – January 14, 2013 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree its like a second rate Dexter without the clever dialogue and if Dexter were a surgeon. The pilot wasn’t bad by any means but I’m not sure if I’ll keep watching after the pilot episode.

Comment by Jared – January 14, 2013 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s going to be in the new Tyler Perry movie with Kim K. I didn’t realize Phylisia Rashad was in this show. That’s exciting. I love her.

Comment by Mark – January 14, 2013 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on Bag Lady Boutique.

Comment by bagladyboutique – January 14, 2013 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked this show the first time I saw it when it was calle My Own Wrost Enemy

Comment by Jason – January 14, 2013 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love at first site does no harm

Comment by Steve Wilson – July 6, 2013 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post