Fangtastic News: The Vampire Diaries May Spawn Klaus-Centric Spin-Off The Originals

Get More: News

THE VAMPIRE DIARIESThis spin-off idea is truly Original.

The CW is developing The Originals, a The Vampire Diaries spin-off featuring the vampire/werewolf hybrid Klaus (played by Joseph Morgan), our sister site Deadline reports.

PHOTOS | Vampire Diaries Channels The Breakfast Club! Plus, Damon Coaches Jeremy

The April 25 episode of the hit CW series, which will be penned by executive producer Julie Plec, will serve as the backdoor pilot for the potential series. In it, Klaus returns the French Quarter of New Orleans, a supernatural melting pot that he helped build centuries ago, and is reunited with his diabolical former protégé Marcel.

Phoebe Tonkin will reprise her role as recently introduced werewolf Hayley in the special installment.

While discussing Klaus’ evolution, Plec told TVLine that he “will continue to be a very complicated character. Much like Damon in the first couple seasons, when he feels backed up against the wall, he lashes out in very, very destructive ways. It makes it impossible to forgive. And yet, the redemption of Klaus as a character-long arc is something we always talk about.”

If it’s ordered to series, The Originals could air as early as next season.

Comments (140)

• Reblogged this on My Tiny Obsessions and commented:
    Interesting!

Comment by MyTinyObsessions – January 11, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TVD has been a sinking ship, so they’re smart to explore the choice of a spin-off. I’m not a big fan of Joseph, but if the spin-off will have Rebekah, Elijah and Kol too, why not?
      Heck, I’ll even drop TVD and just focus on this spin-off.

Comment by Leo – January 11, 2013 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sinking ship? Based on what? It’s still the highest rated show on The CW!

Comment by JC – January 11, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah… when we say highest rated on the CW, that’s not saying much.

Comment by Emily – January 11, 2013 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • When it comes to renewal/cancellation TVD only competes with other shows on The CW. But by any measure TVD is definitely not a “sinking ship” as Leo claimed.

Comment by JC – January 11, 2013 06:29 PM PDT
        • Second highest. Arrow is now the highest rated CW show,

Comment by shump – January 12, 2013 01:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I think its a mistake considering what happened to The Secret Circle and TVD 2.6 million viewers (on a good day).

Comment by Stranger – January 12, 2013 12:20 PM PDT
          • No,4 it isn’t. TVD still beats Arrow in 18-49 numbers.

Comment by 444444D4e4f – January 12, 2013 02:25 PM PDT
      • I hope Rebekah is apart of this so she can get more screen time and not just be the vampire who always gets daggered. and Phoebe Tonkin is a little random but I do love her, just hate how they wrote her character on TVD hopefully his backdoor pilot will redeem her in some way.

Comment by Russ – January 11, 2013 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’ve loved it this season. The whole Elena as tortured vamp has been awesome. The Jeremy chosen one thing is admitedly pretty silly and a complete ripoff of Buffy but I still really enjoy the twists and turns of every episode!!

Comment by Jason – January 11, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • TVD is a sinking ship! Its losing fans and its losing them fasr. There may be some of you who are satisfied with the way things are going, but there are a lot of people who are just over this show, because it makes absolutely NO sense! Turning Elena into a vampire -which is pretty much a heightened whinier version of herself- was a huge mistake. This whole site bond is crap. I hate Delena, but if you couldn’t give them a real legitimate reason for being together, then don’t put them together! All that build up last season for them to just stick a sire bond between them is a slap in the face to their fans (although, I could care less about the majority of them; still seems unfair). This whole cure sis a waste. Why would they be searching for a cure now? Oh, that’s right!! Elena’s a vampire now and since the whole world revolves around Elena, everything is only for her. I forgot that! Never mind that her bff and her other bff’s mother was turned. And don’t even get me started on the negligent treatment of Bonnie.

When I saw that the Originals were getting the spin-off, I wanted to be excited because I LOVE them, but then I realized that Julie Plec would be attached to the project. Now I want nothing to do with it. It’s already tainted. Julie Plec has a tendency to ruin good things. So, I want no part of it!

Comment by BonnieFan1986 – January 11, 2013 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • fast*

Comment by BonnieFan1986 – January 11, 2013 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Sire* (stupid auto correct)

Comment by BonnieFan1986 – January 11, 2013 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Julie Plec will serve as show showrunner. Leslie Morgenstein and Gina Girolamo will be executive producers

Comment by Mel – January 12, 2013 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Learn how to spell before bashing!

Comment by buhl06 – March 13, 2013 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • TVD is a sinking ship! Its losing fans and its losing them fasr. There may be some of you who are satisfied with the way things are going, but there are a lot of people who are just over this show, because it makes absolutely NO sense! Turning Elena into a vampire -which is pretty much a heightened whinier version of herself- was a huge mistake. This whole sire bond is crap. I hate Delena, but if you couldn’t give them a real legitimate reason for being together, then don’t put them together! All that build up last season for them to just stick a sire bond between them is a slap in the face to their fans (although, I could care less about the majority of them; still seems unfair). This whole cure storyline is a waste. Why would they be searching for a cure now? Oh, that’s right!! Elena’s a vampire now and since the whole world revolves around Elena, everything is only for her. I forgot that! Never mind that her bff and her other bff’s mother was turned. And don’t even get me started on the negligent treatment of Bonnie.

Comment by BonnieFan1986 – January 11, 2013 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Then stop watching. It is really simple.

Comment by Aimee – January 11, 2013 10:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Oh, there’s a new development! Man, I haven’t thought to do that. I’m so glad you were here to tell me. -_- I haven’t watched this crap since they killed off Connor thank you very much. I read on tumblr about the Originals spinoff…that’s where I get most of my Information.

Comment by BonnieFan1986 – January 12, 2013 10:46 AM PDT
    • Why do you constantly try to hype your blog in these comments? None of us are reading it.

Comment by Sg. Grant – January 11, 2013 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You just did lol

Comment by Marie – February 14, 2013 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • klaus just doesn’t fit on tvd anymore and since he is so such a popular character if feel that is why they didn’t kill him. joseph and phoebe are strong enough to lead a series so hope the spin-off actually happens.

Comment by riley – January 11, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOOOHOOOOOOOO “girl scream” even though I’m not a girl haha!

Joseph Morgan sure does deliver the role of Klaus with elegance, So more screen time for Klaus? You can count me in! :)

Comment by Kresh – January 11, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes please!!! The originals are great on VD and I would love to see Klaus in his own series!

Comment by Amanda – January 11, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Awesome news!!!!

Comment by Ella – January 11, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE this idea. Would watch this show AND it would give VD some fresh life without having Klaus around so much. Great idea.

Comment by Steve – January 11, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one that doesn’t really like Klaus? Not even as the guy you love to hate. Now a show featuring Elijah? That I would be all about.

Comment by Daisy – January 11, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know that a lot of people don’t like Klaus, but I kind of love him. Although I’m not sure I would love him as much if he weren’t interacting with all the TVD characters. I’m not sure I would watch a whole show just about him (unless it included the other originials, i.e. Elijah).

Comment by Erin – January 11, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have never been that high on Klaus. I thought he should have been killed off in season three.

Comment by TV Fan – January 11, 2013 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Couldn’t agree more. As soon as I read the headline, my thought was, “Great! That will get him off Vampire Diaries and I don’t have to watch him anymore!” Nothing against the actor; I just think that the character is better in small amounts.

Comment by SAM – January 11, 2013 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re definitely not the only one. The character has never worked for me, but Julie Plec seems to love him and the actor who plays him. I think the spin-off sounds awful, but I’ll be happy if it means Klaus will be seen less frequently on TVD.

Comment by Anonymous – January 11, 2013 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me too! I’m so tired of klaus. I finf him boring. But I’m all for this spinoff to happen if it means then there will be no more klaroline.

Comment by L. – January 13, 2013 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as it features Elijah I’m all for it ^^

Comment by mac – January 11, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t need Hayley to come along (Caroline should get to kill her, she never gets to kill anyone who does her wrong), but a Klaus spin-off is great news. With graduation around the corner, Caroline is free to leave Mystic Falls. Bex goes where Klaus goes. It could be what’s great about TVD without the annoying triangle or the badly written witchcraft stories.

Comment by Jen – January 11, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • True story ^^

Comment by Kresh – January 11, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you. I don’t really care if Hayley is there or not. I just want the Original family: Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah, and Kol…

Comment by serena – January 11, 2013 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed!!! Hayley coming seems pointless (Sorry Pheebs!). And I’m so bored with the Stelena/Delena triangle. Maybe they can let Bonnie go to the dark side and fully practice Expression (like Dark Willow)…and after they loose their chance at the cure Stefan decides to leave Mystic Falls to get away from Elena and Damon, so he and Caroline go to college in New Orleans. And of course Klaus comes with. Followed by the other Mikaelson’s.

Comment by Sam – January 11, 2013 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m all for Caroline joining the spin-off, she’s wasted on TVD.

Comment by Mary – January 12, 2013 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I DON’ T want Caroline to go to the spinoff. It wouldn’t make no sense for her to go with Klaus: she hates him. She doesn’t want him.

Comment by Sam – January 13, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • *It wouldn’t make sense for her to go with Klaus.

Comment by Sam – January 13, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So agree!! She’s always hidden behind Elena and never gets any good story lines, the spin-off would be a chance for her to finally be more of a main character.

Comment by Laura – January 14, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • What would it be about? Her father is dead. Her mom is a boring sherif. And she is a dependent character. Her screen time revolves around either Elena, Salvatore bros. and tyler.

What more can they add to her character?

If a Caroline show is in the works then the show (ratings wise) would most likely end up like Secret Circle… A flop.

Comment by Marie – February 14, 2013 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m excited for this!! Hope it works out!

Comment by Fabian – January 11, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the article dreams are made of!! More Joseph Morgan…sign me up right now!!

Comment by Jessica – January 11, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This can’t happen! spin-offs always sounds good in theory but in reality they usually suck. If he leaves the vampire diaries for a spin off then there will never been any change for a Caroline Klaus relationship, or for a bromance with Stefan to occur!

Comment by emily – January 11, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s true, I really do love the friendship between Stefan and Klaus so I guess that would be boring to not see :/

Comment by Kresh – January 11, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Angel worked as a spinoff of Buffy

Comment by Cassie – January 11, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Angel was a great spin-off.

And so was Fraiser (for something from a totally different genre)!

Comment by Brooke – January 11, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So was Torchwood from Doctor Who. And Private Practice lasted, what six seasons? And lest we forget… the #1 viewed today NCIS is a spin-off of JAG.

Comment by Emily – January 11, 2013 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Not to mention NCIS: Los Angeles. or any of the CSI’s. Can we just get a show where the main love triangle is Stefan-Klaus-Caroline and the other Originals follow him to New Orleans?

Comment by Sam – January 11, 2013 05:42 PM PDT
      • YEah but Buffy suffered greatly with the loss of Angel and Cordelia (and Oz and Wesly at the same time)! Anya, Spike and Tara were pretty good replacements but the show was never as good after season 3!

Comment by Jason – January 11, 2013 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oz was around for part of S4, and as such Buffy didn’t lose all four characters at the same time. Just putting that out there. And personally I loved S4 and 5. I have my issues with 6 and 7, but to say the show was never the same after S3 is a little like comparing the high school and college era from ANY show that starts in high school. The dynamics change, and the show evolves as the characters grow.

Comment by Court – January 11, 2013 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree. Angel became a great show in its own right and in many ways surpassed Buffy (though the whole Connor storyline made me physically ill) but Buffy definitely was never the same without Angel and Cordelia. And I know I’m probably alone on this, but Xander became so useless they should have killed him off and I never liked Spike as a love interest.

Comment by Mikael – January 14, 2013 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AAHHH YES! :D

Comment by Mia – January 11, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will definitely watch if it gets picked up. I don’t quite understand how Hayley will fit into the storyline, and frankly I hate the idea, but I will watch nonetheless. One reason: Joseph Morgan.

Comment by Elaine – January 11, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This could be good or bad. Good because the originals are awesome and plus it gives tvd a chance to bring on another villain. Bad because depending on who’s writing for it could focus too much on it over tvd and it would hurt tvd in the end

Comment by s – January 11, 2013 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, I really like this idea. Klaus has been too centered on TVD that other characters have kind of suffered not being used enough. I think he is a strong enough character to build a series around so I would be interested in watching both shows.

Comment by Larry – January 11, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why would Hayley be involved? This is great idea expect for Hayley being apart of it that makes no sense. Now Rebecca and Elijah better be involved

Comment by gary – January 11, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hate this idea!! I love the Originals and Klaus, but I like things the way they are! Truthfully this has a lot to do with my love for Klaroline. They are my favourite couple, when that gets taken away permanently then the show becomes increasingly uninteresting to me and I stop watching. It breaks my heart, but I know I won’t watch either show on a weekly basis if they do this.

Comment by Haley – January 11, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Karoline ARE NOT a couple and I would stop watching the show if they were, not because I don’t like them as a couple but because it would mean the writers have succumbed to the viewers desires instead of focusing on the actual characters and what they would actually do. This show has suffered already because of it (Klaus still being alive and now can never be killed). The writers have written themselves into a corner and if this show is the only way to get rid of Klaus then I’ll take it. I’ll still try the new show just to see what direction they’ll be going with it.

Comment by Diva – January 11, 2013 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with everything you said.

Comment by Mina – January 13, 2013 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL, You mean once Klaus is taken away, not Klaroline. Caroline stays, Forwood is endgame. And I dont even ship it. Klaroline fans need to get their heads out of the clouds and be realistic.

Comment by Cros – January 12, 2013 03:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t ship Fowoord but I still find Tyler and Caroline cute together, he makes her so happy and he is the first person that truly loves her for who she is and I Iove that. Klaus doesn’t even know Caroline, he is only in love with the chase, the fact that he can’t have her makes him want to chase her and that’s it. If he was able to make her fall for him he would either grow tired of her or treat her the same way he treats Rebekah. The difference is that if he kills Caroline-like he does all the time with Rebekah who is the person he loves the most in the world- she is not coming back.
        I love Caroline and I don’t want her to go through this again. Damon was enough, thank you.
        So if this spinoff makes Klaroline impossible I’ll be very happy.

Comment by Mina – January 13, 2013 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOO . . . won’t be able to see Stefan with Klaus – their scenes are the best!

Unless Stefan decides to leave Mystic Falls to be Klaus’s wingman on the new show.

Comment by Joyce – January 11, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If think it can be okey IF Caroline is in it.

Comment by Sofia - En blogg om tv-serier – January 11, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i LOVE IT!!!! i cant get enough Joseph Morgan on TVD and i love Elijah and Kol too .:) im really curious about Klaus’ werevolf father and it would be great to meat Henrik :) BUT i dont want Hayley there!!!!!!!! she is an absolute NOOOO for me! its just i will miss Klaus on TVD cos im a huge Klaroline shipper and Klefan are fun! plus i dont really like the flashbacks and looks like this show will be about them!

Comment by bernstein – January 11, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this idea bit only if Caroline goes with him!

Comment by Nicole – January 11, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this is such a tool to kill off Klaroline. So I’m completely torn.

Comment by Amanda – January 11, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Klaus and Harley would be a thing. Who is laughing now.

Comment by Jazzz – January 12, 2013 03:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know why everyone keeps hating on the triangle or going on about Klaroline. How did you people even last this long with the show if you hated the main 3 so much? its always been about them. And Klaroline? they aren’t even a couple and sure there is chem but long way to go before its a love story

Comment by s – January 11, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO. KLAROLINE WILL BE GONE. i probably wont watch TVD anymore if this happens.

Comment by laura – January 11, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually kind of like this idea cuz although I’m sick of Klaus on Vampire Diaries, I think . his backstory is pretty interesting and you’d have tons of potential stories. I hope Rebecca and Elijah will be involved somehow, even if they’re just recurring characters. I’m not sure how Hayley fits into all of this. Seems like it’d be a waste not to add Charlotte, that vamp that Damon had a sire bond with, since she already lives in New Orleans. I think her brand of crazy would be perfect with Klaus.

Comment by Shannon P. – January 11, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i agree about charlotte she would be a perfect addition.

Comment by emma – January 30, 2013 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ummmm how many of us predicted this?? I stopped watching TVD, but I’d totally watch a Klaus spin-off. and I want Caro to go with him [although I doubt this'll happen]! I love Klaroline. plus I want Elijah on there. I’d love for this show to actually happen.

Comment by rachelle – January 11, 2013 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pfft, a Bonnie centered spin off would be much better IMO. She is criminally underused on TVD and there’s so much left to explore with her character. Send her to New Orleans where she opens up a shop or something and investigates supernatural crime on the side. Focus on witches with important appearances by vampires and werewolves.

p.s. Bring Kol along as a main character and possibly Jeremy too as her two main love interests. XD

Comment by Irena – January 11, 2013 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dreaming right, Plec would never give Kol to Bonnie. Hasnt this been made clear.

She would happily throw away jeremy though and some other new character, and there you have your two love interest for Bonnie.

Comment by Jazzz – January 12, 2013 03:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as Rebekah stays on The Vampire Diaries fine by me. Love her character, not a fan of Klaus. So this could be awesome.

Comment by RobMF – January 11, 2013 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not sure I’d watch but I’ll be happy to see them move on from The Originals storyline, it’s kind of dragging the show down now.

Comment by Sam – January 11, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not feeling this at all :/

Comment by Sarahii – January 11, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yes!!!!!!!! love this news

Comment by Elyse – January 11, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love TVD, but this sounds like a terrible idea. Spinning off the show’s greatest antagonist? Some TVD fans need to let go of this notion that Klaus could be more interesting if he wasn’t a constant threat to Elena and Co. He wouldn’t and his character’s impact would be diminished.

Comment by Kalee – January 11, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll put up with just about anything that involves Klaus leaving Mystic Falls. His time on the show should have expired a long time ago. The writers spent so much time last year attempting to fit the Originals into Mystic Falls that it led to a number of lead characters being put on the backburner (Jeremy, Tyler, Bonnie, etc). I’m perfectly fine with the Originals getting their own show because it’ll allow VD to focus on something else.

Comment by William – January 11, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe they’ll finally focus on the charactecters that were in tvd since the beginning then. One can hope.

Comment by Mina – January 13, 2013 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope this means a LOT more Kol and Rebekah!

Comment by Grace – January 11, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the idea. Just really hope Rebekah and Elijah would be part of it. Even though Daniel Gillies is already a regular on a summer tv show and probably couldn’t be in every episode of both.

Comment by Annie-C – January 11, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

This will destroy Klaroline! And the Stefan/Klaus scenes are fantastic.

Comment by rty123 – January 11, 2013 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is exciting news I hope it works out I love his character and there is so many ways that can go with him.

Comment by A – January 11, 2013 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can they bring Candice?

Comment by Gilda – January 11, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Probably not unless her contract is up soon. But I would love to see her join the show, Paul too.

Comment by Sam – January 11, 2013 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been wanting an Originals spin-off since late season 2, especially after the other siblings were introduced in season 3. But I do NOT want a spin-off focussed on Klaus. Out of all the Originals, he’s the least interesting one. His death already long overdue on TVD, but now they actually give him his own show? The only positive thing I can find about this is that he’ll at least be gone from TVD, and hopefully Elijah will get to shine again.

Comment by Dominique – January 11, 2013 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank God, Klaus doesn’t fit in VD anymore and this will officially end Klaroline. So Yay!

Comment by AcE – January 11, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmm. I do love Joseph Morgan but I don’t know ultimately how interested in this I’ll be. And I hope if this makes it to series it doesn’t come at the expense of a CW show I love (like HoD).

Comment by Eliza – January 11, 2013 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe it will fill Gossip Girl’s or Emily Owen’s slot. But I love Wade and the rest of HoD too. I’d hate to loose them just to make room for this show.

Comment by Sam – January 11, 2013 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Isn’t The Carrie Diaries already replacing Gossip Girl? And as for Emily Owens, the Cult still has yet to premiere… but there’s still time for one or both of those to fail by May. It’s probably too early to speculate where it would land assuming it’s picked up.

Comment by Court (@wordsleadmeon) – January 11, 2013 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good, then maybe TVD can go back to S1-2 levels of awesome, because I am soooooo over Klaus at this point. He’s boring and has no real purpose anymore… They really should’ve killed him last season because his story is just… nothing.

Comment by darcywilson – January 11, 2013 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I get it. In order for a show to last, the “heroes” can’t be complete goody-goodies all the time and the “villains” can’t be straight up evil all the time. However, I don’t think Klaus can be completely redeemed and I can’t stand how the writers are attempting to do that very thing. Yes, Klaus has major mommy-daddy and abandonment issues. But the man is still a psychopathic, evil murderer. God only knows how many people Klaus has killed and tortured during his 1,000 years on Earth. In trying to display the different layers of Klaus, I feel as if the terror he evokes is being minimized. Klaus is evil and he needs to be stopped. With that being said, I would definitely be on board with the spin-off show if Elijah was the main character.

Comment by Sunny – January 11, 2013 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And how many people has Stefan killed? He once slaughtered a whole town. “The ripper of Monterrey”. And Damon basically raped Caroline during his time with her, and we know he’s killed at least twenty people just while he’s been on the show, not including one’s before then. Elijah once threw coins into a busy coffee shop uncaring if he hurt anyone and was Klaus’s right hand man for many hundreds of years…to think he is not just as much a killer is strange. Kol takes pleasure in killing as does Rebekah…and you don’t seem to want them put down. Heck even Elena has killed multiple people and you still like her. And so has Bonnie and nearly every character on this show. Sure Klaus is probably the worst of them…but if all of our other characters have been redeemed somewhat why can’t Klaus? His redemption will only mean more because he was so ruthless in the beginning.

Comment by Sam – January 11, 2013 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think Klaus can be redeemed but I hope the writers don’t mess up how they do it. That’s what’s worrying me but I am looking forward to the pilot episode of the spin off the episodes that surround it.

Comment by Kirsty – January 27, 2013 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow.. in fandom we’ve called this for awhile but I didn’t think it would really ever happen! I am torn though. Would this really be a good thing? Could they do it right? And who would go and actually be on it? Just so many what ifs. 4/25 will be the telling day. The tone of that episode will make or break this.

Comment by Danielle H. – January 11, 2013 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well said. I agree.

Comment by Sam – January 11, 2013 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this! But I think it really needs to focus on all of the Originals, not just Klaus. 1000+ year old vampires need to be moving on to “older” and better things and leave the high schoolers behind. The idea that vampires as old as the Originals would continue to hang around with the young kids after the Doppleganger/blood source plot line ran its course would have been stupid.

Now, The Originals can, hopefully, explore darker, more mature plot lines with deeper, more significant relationships. Sure I enjoyed the hints at a Klaroline ship and have enjoyed Klaus and Stefan’s weird relationship and even could appreciate Rebekah’s mild interest in Matt. But 1000 year old vampires really need to engage with older, more mature (and hopefully supernatural) characters long-term.

The broken bad-boy always pulls on my heartstrings so a Klaus redemption that isn’t drawn out on TVD sounds kicka** to me!

Comment by sls – January 11, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Candace Accola and Rebekah are in the spin-off then it will be perfect. Klaus and Caroline are such fun to watch, and I love Phoebe Tonkin! It would be lovely.

Comment by charissa29 – January 11, 2013 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like this idea but at the same time it would mean he would have to leave Mystic Falls…and that would be no fun.

Comment by Anna – January 11, 2013 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just love the way he says ripper~!

Comment by Diz – January 11, 2013 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um what about Elijah? He’s the real star.

Comment by David – January 11, 2013 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hayley? Really? C’mon. When Angel was spun-off he got Cordelia freakin Chase. Surely they can send someone better (*cough* Caroline *cough* BekahKolElijah! *cough*). If not, then surround Klaus with new actors who can breathe new life into new characters.

Comment by Jasmine – January 11, 2013 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post