Survivor 26 Pits Fans Against Favorites – See Which of Your Faves Will Be Back

SURVIVOR: CARAMOAN - FANS VS. FAVORITESSeveral familiar folks will once more sport a Survivor bandana when the CBS reality competition returns in February.

And, as was the case in Season 16′s Micronesia, those favorites will compete against a team of Immunity Idol-hungry superfans for a $1 million prize.

Survivor: Caramoan‘s Bikal tribe will be composed of returning players Andrea Boehlke, Francesca Hogi and Phillip Sheppard from Redemption Island; Brandon Hantz, Dawn Meehan and John Cochran from South Pacific; Brenda Lowe (Nicaragua); Corinne Kaplan (Gabon); Erik Reichenbach (Micronesia); and Malcom Freberg (Philippines).

SURVIVOR: CARAMOAN - FANS VS. FAVORITESMeanwhile, the 10 fans in the Gota tribe range in age from 21 to 44 and include an Iraq War veteran, a racecar driver, a fireman and a purveyor of fast food.

Survivor: Caramoan kicks off with a two-hour season premiere on Wednesday, Feb. 13 (8/7c).

Tags: ,

Comments (52)

• I just don’t get the obsession with the Hantz family :-(

Comment by Abe Froman – January 11, 2013 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto!

Comment by dvmom – January 11, 2013 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. And Brandon seemed kinda mentally unstable. Don’t mind the rest of the cast.

Comment by Buffy0531 – January 11, 2013 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • +1 and they are awful people

Comment by mia – January 11, 2013 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS

Comment by Ed – January 11, 2013 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • please get the hantz family off my TV!

Comment by JJSask – January 14, 2013 05:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go Malcolm!!!!

Comment by Amanda – January 11, 2013 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • disappointed to see a Hantz back. Also some of these “favorites” I had to look up because they weren’t memorable. But excited to see Malcolm again!!!

Comment by Ashlee – January 11, 2013 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d say just call the season what it really is, but I guess “Fans Vs. 3 Favorites, 3 Marginally Recognizables, 3 You Don’t Remember At All and 1 Wack Job” was too much to fit in the title sequence.

Comment by John – January 11, 2013 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL….perfect!

Comment by The Beach – January 11, 2013 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • who’s who? : )

Comment by Mae – January 11, 2013 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay Malcolm!!!! <3

Comment by Sara – January 11, 2013 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just happy no Boston Rob.

Comment by Amiee – January 11, 2013 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I heard through the spoiler grapevine that this particular Hantz return is one for the record books.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – January 11, 2013 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d also like to add that this particular Hantz makes me sad and I feel like he’s got some issues in life that need to be dealt with. I think being saddled with the name only adds to his problems. Willie and Russell seem to revel in the drama and notoriety, but poor Brandon really seems to struggle with being a good person at heart. As I said, I’ve been spoiled and, without going into detail, I’ll say that what I’ve heard only makes me feel worse for Brandon. I really hope CBS leaves him alone after this.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – January 11, 2013 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think part of Brandon’s problem was that he had so little real life experience, he had no way to cope with the emotional stuff. Not that I am justifying any of his actions. I really don’t look forward to seeing him or Philip again.

Comment by Amy – January 11, 2013 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • uhhh i recognize like 3 people XD this is sad I’d thought we’d have more interesting favorites but oh well. It’ll make for an interesting season. Also, welcome back Hantz. I actually liked the guy. Unlike his brother.

Comment by Sarah Jessica (@flyingforhome) – January 11, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why cant these reality shows stop recycling old cast members and just have an all new cast…. Big Brother has the same problem… keeps bringing back old players… IT gets borring and repetitive… it always becomes vets vs. newbies… lets meat some new people…. and please no more Hantz family members..

Comment by Lincoln – January 11, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Except for Malcolm the male eye candy line-up for this one is very disappointing. Philip AGAIN? Please God he won’t go walking around in his underwear again.

Comment by TMW – January 11, 2013 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A picture on another site shows him in pinkish color underwear. I just hope it isn’t the same pair.

Comment by Snsetblaze – January 11, 2013 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am very tired of returning players. Some of these returnees aren’t even “favorites” in their own families! The season should be called “Fans vs. Jeff Probst’s Favorites.” He is the one insistent on bringing back former players every season.

Comment by David – January 11, 2013 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like all of them except Brandon and Phillip. zzz

Comment by Vetle – January 11, 2013 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy about Malcolm and somewhat happy about Cochran, too bad I’m not too excited about the rest, specifically Brandon, he was never close to a favorite for me.

Comment by Micah – January 11, 2013 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m curious, anyone know if they are filming this yet? I ask because some of these cast members are tweeting. I wouldn’t think they would be allowed to have cell phones with them.

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 11, 2013 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This was filmed during the summer…they usually shot seasons back to back now and not spaced out to save money

Comment by Billy – January 11, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So are you saying that when Malcolm was at the Phillippines live finale’ he had already filmed Caramoan’s? I’m just trying to get an idea of how this works for a returning player, back to back.

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 11, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah he got like a one month break…if even that…and then went back to film this season

Comment by Billy – January 11, 2013 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes malcom had already shot this season baco at phill finale they shoot 2 seasons pretty much back to back now to save money so pretty much everyone won’t of known who malcom was

Comment by steve – January 11, 2013 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Okay, that makes sense. Thanks :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 11, 2013 11:01 AM PDT
        • If you paid close enough attention at the finale, when Jeff asked him if he’d like to come back, he was kind of acting cagey in his response about that. Keep in mind, the finale for Philippines was after his time in Caramoan (however long that happened to be).

Comment by neums (@neums) – January 11, 2013 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I did notice he was a bit “cagey” but Malcolm always came across that way, seemed normal.

Comment by Wrstlgirl – January 11, 2013 09:01 PM PDT
  • How the hell is Corinne a “favorite?” The audience HATED her, especially after what she said about Sugar’s deceased father!

Comment by Steph – January 11, 2013 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She has become a favorite on the podcast circuit, I believe. But I disliked her a lot.

Comment by Snsetblaze – January 11, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hate another Hantz season, but it makes more sense than first boot Francesca returning. Seriously, WTF?!

Comment by Jason – January 11, 2013 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I kinda like giving a first boot another chance…I’ve always wanted then to do a season where they have the first 2 boots of a season versus the winner/runner-ups of a season and call it Survivor: Winners vs Losers just to see what would happen…or just a season of first boots because there are some great characters/contestants that got voted off first…

Comment by Billy – January 11, 2013 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its going to be a LONG first couple of episodes with Both Philip and Brandon around but since one of them has to be the first few voted out and it’ll be ok after that because if they aren’t I might not finish the season due to the fact I can only handle so much crazy on my screen at one time…

Comment by Billy – January 11, 2013 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who picks these people as if anything id say I HATE every single one NONE OF THEM ARE FAVORITES

Comment by steve – January 11, 2013 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yayy Malcolm! Hoping since his season hadn’t aired yet when this was filmed that he is able to go far! And happy to see Andrea return, too. Everyone else, enh.

Comment by Ashley – January 11, 2013 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited for the return of Philip and Franchesca or as Philip called her, Franquesqua. LOL! Birlliant TV.

Comment by Maddie Shook (@MaddieShook) – January 11, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Malcolm last season, I’m thrilled that he’s back!

Comment by Stephanie – January 11, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If they insist on bringing back former players, they need to bring back everyone who was voted out first and let them duke it out. As for this lot, I’m extremely disappointed … I can’t handle another season of Brandon’s emotional breakdowns and Phillip parading in his saggy pink briefs. CBS should do us all a favor and blur that mess!

Comment by Blake – January 11, 2013 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG THEY BROUGHT BACK MY FAVORITE, FRANCESCA!!!!

False. Francesca was the first one voted out during one of the most one-sided seasons ever with a super obvious winner. Chances are good that many won’t even remember her.

Also, I read a spoiler on the winner (not on a spoiler site, mind you) and am totally bummed. Makes the season so much less intriguing.

Comment by Aria – January 11, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Worried Malcom will be a target because none of the other returnees know him, as he just played last season which is like very short time before this one. I think he should team up with Brenda. That could be a dominating combo.

Comment by TheDude – January 11, 2013 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the season 27 or season 28 29 or 30 sourivivor should have the jt thomas mick brett john matt pativttti amanda chelaise chritstina grant kim ozzy shopie natile white rubret you could name it aLLSTar season 27

Comment by tarahealy – January 15, 2013 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • in season 27 season 28 or season 29 or 30 you should have the pete from season 24 matt from season 24 coach tyson trozayon andreA

Comment by tarahealy – January 15, 2013 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • for season 27 28 29 30 they should have keith from season 23 whintey from season 23

Comment by tarahealy – January 15, 2013 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • for season 27 28 29 30 seasons they should bring back angie from season 25 maclom rc from season 25

Comment by tarahealy – January 15, 2013 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No more Coach!

Comment by Britt – February 13, 2013 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Corinne is awesome. Sugar was (and still is) hated by most of the cast. Go Corinne!

Comment by Beth Jane – February 13, 2013 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post