Exclusive Bones Video: 'Buck' and 'Wanda' Get to Dancing… and Romancing?

Bones Season 8 SpoilersBuck and Wanda Moosejaw are ready to dance their way “to the top” — and TVLine has a first look at Bones‘ trip to (into?) the ballroom.

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Get Scoop on Bones Meeting Her Maker

In “The Diamond in the Rough,” the first of two new episodes airing Monday at 8/7c on Fox, Brennan and Booth reprise their aforementioned alter egos to go undercover at a TV dance competition. The ballroom forays within the episode — which has been on the Fox drama’s drawing board for years — were choreographed by So You Think You Can Dance alumni Dmitry Chaplin and Anya Garnis, who are also seen in this sneak peek.

PHOTOS | Bones Sneak Peek: Angela and Hodgins Get an Unwelcome Present From Pelant

Will a bit of the rumba set the mood for… foreplay? Press PLAY below to get a peek at B&B’s fancy, flirty footwork.

Tags: ,

Comments (38)

• look like its going to be a fun episode!

Comment by Karen Hui (@tvbmadness) – January 11, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Wendell summed it up.

Comment by Sophie – January 11, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I sense a shark somewhere in the distance

Comment by Luis – January 11, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t see a shark; I see the writers giving the loyal viewers a treat with a funny out of the box undercover episode that they try to do every year. You will have two episodes to check out and see if a shark is near because all I see is a clear blue ocean. I can wait to see the upcoming Bones episodes thank for the spoilers from TVLine.

Comment by Chris – January 11, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You know what has jumped the shark?, the people who *still* use that term nowadays. Zzzzz….

Comment by gail – January 11, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the shark is so old, it’s ”nuking the fridge” nowadays!!!

Anyway these episode are always a gift to the loyal fanbase.

Comment by Jody – January 11, 2013 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love the undercover eps especially buck and Wanda cant wait

Comment by Karen – January 11, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I want BOOTH to be my dance instructor. He can instruct me anyday!!!!! yowzier!!

Comment by cam – January 11, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Get in line sister!!! There’s a long line wahting to be *coughs* Booth instructedI Bet Boothy boy made a mint at college teaching the ladies to dance!

Comment by wendy – January 11, 2013 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • haha!!! that would be one class I would never miss. And one I would never want to gratuate from.. Like. Ever. *Goes off to dream of dance teacher Booth* :)

Comment by Booth.Be.Mine – January 11, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Amen! And the others are right. These undercover episodes are always a fun gift to the diehard fans! I love the Buck and Wanda undercover episodes, and the Toni and Roxie Vegas episode is still one of my very favorite Bones episodes! B&B are always so cute together in them, and they usually are at their flirtacious best!

Comment by BonesForever – January 14, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I LOVE Buck and Wanda too. It’s cool seeing them take on different jobs and personalities with each undercover ep they do!! Bring it on!

Comment by madds – January 11, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally!!!!!

Comment by Fiona – January 11, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always enjoy some Bones but I get frustrated when shows introduce great skills to someone that they’ve never prior portrayed in the series. I’d find it hard to believe that after 8 years that there’s much Booth and Bones don’t know about each other.

Comment by taliesin – January 11, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love the fact that Brennan and Booth continue to learn new things about each other. It feels very true to life…my parents have been married 16 years and even now they don’t know everything

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – January 11, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I would think that if your mother never knew your father was a good dance after 8 years together you’d find that odd. :)

Comment by taliesin – January 11, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Booth seems real hesitant mentioning things about his mother…which the dancing thing is. Besides, he never really had a reason to bring it up before now

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – January 11, 2013 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yes. Booth does not want to talk about his parents, it is like pulling teeth to get any info about them. And later on in the season we will meet Booth’s mom and find out why this is this case. The ground work for Booth’s mom has started!! woot

Comment by adele – January 11, 2013 02:12 PM PDT
          • IKR And he only taught dance for a little while at college. He probably forget he did it, lol. Not a big deal, hardly ship damage worthy!!! Plus Booth’s not a bragger about his talents unless the situation pushes him to it… Unlike a certain someone *coughs* Brennan, then the whole world would know.lol.

Comment by frankie – January 11, 2013 02:18 PM PDT
        • Surprise, surprise! Booth and Brennan haven’t been together for 8 years… They’ve known each other for 8 years and they have been a couple for two years.

Comment by Sara – January 11, 2013 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree…I have been with my husband for over 21 years and I still sometimes say, “Wow, really?”
        Sometimes when you with someone and learn some things about them you assume the rest about what you know…hence surprises. :) But it makes life and marriage interesting. I love the way Bones and Booth are still feeling each other out. Plus they have known each other for eight years, but not eight years of intimacy then you have to give learning curve for Bones. She was not exactly good at social skills in the beginning and only slightly better now.

Comment by Busanee Dominguez – January 11, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who says it’s a “new” skill? Personally, *I* find it rather hard to believe that in 8 years they’ve been doing ballroom dancing around the office and dead bodies on a daily basis. Exactly when would it have come up when they’ve been on the job??? The relationship itself is still relatively new, prior to that they were only working together…do you tell YOUR co-workers everything about yourself? EVERYONE has hidden talents. Even after eight years of knowing someone, it would be impossible to know every single detail about them or their life. That’s the fun of being in a long-term relationship, friends or otherwise. I’ve had two very close friends for over 25 years, been married almost 18 years…I know I still don’t know everything about my friends or husband, nor do they know everything about me. Finding out those “new” things about someone, in time, is what helps keep friendships/dates/marriages alive. We’re humans, and as humans, there’s a lot more to us than just a name, a rank and a social security number.

Comment by 13BlackSkulls – January 11, 2013 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m simply saying it happens a quite often. They want to do an episode about bowling, so Booth is a great bowler. They want to do an episode about being in a carnival, so Booth is an expert knife thrower. They want to do an episode about ballroom dancing, so, of course, Booth taught it when he was younger. The writer’s fiat gets a little boring after awhile.

Comment by taliesin – January 11, 2013 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree.

Comment by Obssessedwithbones – January 11, 2013 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Booth showed us he was a great bowler way back in season 1. The bowling episode was in season 6. I call that continuity.

Comment by Mar – January 12, 2013 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • And I assume knife throwing was something he did to pass the time while in the army

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – January 12, 2013 06:24 AM PDT
  • Yes, finally a little romance with my fav couple, although I love them together, they show too much of them as an old married couple, give us some romance, we certainly have seen more than enough from the supporting cast. Can’t wait, looks like a fun episode.

Comment by Begorrah – January 11, 2013 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree that a little more romance is in order. Also,, if Booth and Brennan do not end up together permanently, I will not watch another David B series and I like him. He didn’t end up with “Buffy” either.

Comment by Pat Gilbertson – February 24, 2013 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks hilarious!

Comment by Babybop – January 11, 2013 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yes, yes, yes, finally an ep where Booth & Brennan are front and center. woot!!

Comment by Julie – January 11, 2013 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show!!!! B&B FOREVER

Comment by Mildred – January 11, 2013 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones is the best show ever!!

Comment by Alexandra – January 11, 2013 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Front and center, hopefully more than 5 steam boats!!!

Comment by adrienne – January 11, 2013 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh yeahhhh….! At least 10!

Comment by BonesForever – January 14, 2013 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!! I love Bones! I agree they are protayed as an old married couple. Honestly, some of my favorite Booth and Brennan moments are from seasons when they weren’t together. I love them together as a couple, but sometimes I miss their little things like ice skating and getting drinks at Founding Fathers. Obviously, they have a child and their relationship dynamic has changed but you know what I mean. I also miss Zach! I’m just dying to hear what he has to say about … everything! Cam and the squint- Angela and Hodgin’s baby- Booth and Brennan in a serious relationship. Well, whatever I can’t wait for Monday!

Comment by Obssessedwithbones – January 11, 2013 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is nothing like a Booth and Brennan moment. I need more romance from them they’ve been hinting about the marriage so let’s get it on. Plus Hodgins and Angela are always in bed so why haven’t we seen Brennan and Booth in bed together what’s up Hart and Stephen

Comment by Lindsay D. Peterson – January 11, 2013 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show. Don’t ever get rid of it please.

Comment by JoAnn – January 12, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post