TVLine Items: Once's Snow White Finds a Mom, Heroes Alum Joins TNT's Legends and More!

Fox TCA PartyOnce Upon a Time is adding another queen to its ranks.

Ubiquitous guest star Rena Sofer has been cast as Snow White’s mother Queen Eva on the ABC fairy-tale drama, TVGuide.com reports.

VIDEO | Once Upon a Time Sneak Peeks: Rumple Protects Belle from Hook, the Dwarfs Get Homesick

The actress will appear in flashbacks in an early March episode, which also will reveal that Eva has a surprising connection to someone we already know.

Sofer’s recent credits include Beauty and the Beast, Covert Affairs and The Glades.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Ali Larter (Heroes) has landed the female lead opposite Sean Bean in TNT’s drama pilot Legends, per Deadline. The potential series revolves around Martin Odum (Bean), a deep-cover CIA operative who has an uncanny ability to transform himself into a different person for each job. Larter’s character, another operative, shares a history with Martin and objects to his return to the task force.

RELATED | Grey’s Actress Join TNT’s Legends

• In their second night of head-to-head-to-head competition, Jimmy Kimmel (with 2.86 million viewers and a 0.9 rating) rose two tenths in the demo to catch up to Jay Leno (3.55 mil/0.9), while David Letterman (3.04 mil/0.8) edged past Kimmel in total audience and closed the gap in the demo (rising three tenths from Tuesday).

Conan is headed to Atlanta for a week of shows taped at The Tabernacle concert hall April 1-4, per TV Guide Magazine.

• E! has ordered six more episodes of Whitney Cummings’ weekly talk show, Love You, Mean It With Whitney Cummings, TV Guide Magazine reports.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (34)

• Now that is Snow White

Comment by hello – January 10, 2013 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not really. I absolutely hated her on NCIS.

Comment by Tara – January 10, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me, too. And on The Glades. Hopefully she’ll only be in one episode.

Comment by Bella – January 10, 2013 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ditto. Couldn’t stand her on 24 either.

Comment by Maria – January 11, 2013 04:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed..
        Because of that M. Allison Hart I really can’t watch her in anythinG else like when she was on Bones

Comment by MKV – January 10, 2013 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I didn’t see her in that but she was awful in Coupling and I think she was awful in the one episode of Seinfeld she appeared in. Do not like her at all. Sad casting news. Wish they could have got someone else.

Comment by Mark – January 10, 2013 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I stopped watching NCIS because of her. She is awful. Couldn’t stand her on GH all those years ago and haven’t been able to stand her on anything since. Anytime I see her name added to one of my shows, I start to cringe! NCIS, Covet Affairs, Beauty and the Beast and now Once. Why do I feel like I’m being punished!

Comment by wednesday – January 11, 2013 01:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • BUt she was wonderful in General Hospital many years ago.

Comment by Margie – January 10, 2013 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed! I miss her on GH!

Comment by JAMANDAFAN – January 10, 2013 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Maybe they will take her back and she will stop showing up on other shows.

Comment by Jennifer – January 10, 2013 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yeah what a suprise.. she looks like reginas sister… what a scandal ;)))

Comment by Joe B. – January 10, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • botox white

Comment by King – January 10, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, this is gonna be epic.

Comment by pantheralumguy – January 10, 2013 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THIS. FLAWLESS. CASTING. *o*

Between her and Bailey Madison… wow.

Comment by Tia – January 10, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was actually disappointed that they used Jennifer Morrison to play her 17 year old self because they’re usually SO good at casting younger/related actors and actresses.

Comment by Ella B. – January 10, 2013 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hopefully this means an episode with Bailee Madison AND Richard Schiff, yes? Please please please.
      This is good casting, but I’ve never seen any casting as good as Bailee Madison. She gets all of Ginnifer’s mannerisms perfect.

Comment by ben – January 10, 2013 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s moreso a credit to that actress. She’s very talented in everything I’ve seen her in. I even loved her in Wizards.

Comment by Mark – January 10, 2013 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Indeed I meant that it is a lot to do with the actress, but they still have to cast her.

Comment by ben – January 10, 2013 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s funny because I was watching an episode of SVU with Bailee in it just 3 days ago and I told my mother (who I recently introduced to OUAT) “keep this young girl’s name in mind because she’s such a good actress I’m pretty sure we’ll still talk about her years from now”. And then she asked me who she was and I explained all the Snow White stuff (which she has yet to watch), including mannerisms, yes! I was literally blown away when I watched her being all Ginny-like in her protraying of little Snow. Just awesome.

Comment by Tia – January 10, 2013 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whats the Over/Under on episodes for Sean Beans character to die?

Comment by Darth Pablo – January 10, 2013 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m pretty sure he’s the lead character, so I don’t they’d kill him offohwait…
      I see your point.

Comment by wordsmith – January 10, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • hey. He was he lead or Game of Thrones and only lasted a season so….

Comment by Amanda – January 10, 2013 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes but if you’ve read the game of thrones books they kill A LOT of people.

Comment by Russ – January 10, 2013 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha! This ^

Comment by Heatherjm – January 10, 2013 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • EXCELLENT casting. I don’t usually enjoy the roles Rena Sofer plays, but this one is perfect for her.

Comment by Ace – January 10, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um…”he has the uncanny ability to transform himself into a different person with each job.” Does that mean he is a shape-shifter? Or will we see Sean Bean sporting different wigs, mustaches, glasses etc.? Because the show would only be worth watching if we get to actually see Sean Bean every week.

Comment by zaza – January 10, 2013 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rena Sofer plays insufferable characters. I’m glad her stay will be brief.

Comment by ABC – January 10, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad more episodes of Love You, Mean It have been ordered. Its really funny and pairs well with The Soup….plus I just love Whitney Cummings.

Comment by mia – January 10, 2013 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love you, mean it is absolutely hilarious…wish they’d just order a whole season already

Comment by Eli – January 10, 2013 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow; I had no idea so many people dislike Rena Sofer . . . I loved her on Heroes as Nathan Petrelli’s Wife, and on NCIS, and Bones, and The Glades (watched the episodes she was in).

I also like that she’s recurring as Arthur’s Ex-Wife on Covert Affairs. I think because people have a personal attachment/investment to Gibbs/Booth, etc, they automatically hate a special guest star.

I also liked Sarah Jane Morris on NCIS with Michael Weatherly.

Comment by Bob Jones – January 10, 2013 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So apparently, Ali Larter has been cast for the part of Miss Parker in this reboot of The Pretender, then?

Comment by Delirious – January 11, 2013 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^What they said.

Comment by I agree – January 11, 2013 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She looks right, but she’s a show killer.

Comment by Miffy – January 11, 2013 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Put me in the “Can’t STAND Rena Sofer” Club.

Comment by Clover – January 12, 2013 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post