TVLine Items: Once's Snow White Finds a Mom, Heroes Alum Joins TNT's Legends and More!

Fox TCA PartyOnce Upon a Time is adding another queen to its ranks.

Ubiquitous guest star Rena Sofer has been cast as Snow White’s mother Queen Eva on the ABC fairy-tale drama, TVGuide.com reports.

VIDEO | Once Upon a Time Sneak Peeks: Rumple Protects Belle from Hook, the Dwarfs Get Homesick

The actress will appear in flashbacks in an early March episode, which also will reveal that Eva has a surprising connection to someone we already know.

Sofer’s recent credits include Beauty and the Beast, Covert Affairs and The Glades.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Ali Larter (Heroes) has landed the female lead opposite Sean Bean in TNT’s drama pilot Legends, per Deadline. The potential series revolves around Martin Odum (Bean), a deep-cover CIA operative who has an uncanny ability to transform himself into a different person for each job. Larter’s character, another operative, shares a history with Martin and objects to his return to the task force.

RELATED | Grey’s Actress Join TNT’s Legends

• In their second night of head-to-head-to-head competition, Jimmy Kimmel (with 2.86 million viewers and a 0.9 rating) rose two tenths in the demo to catch up to Jay Leno (3.55 mil/0.9), while David Letterman (3.04 mil/0.8) edged past Kimmel in total audience and closed the gap in the demo (rising three tenths from Tuesday).

Conan is headed to Atlanta for a week of shows taped at The Tabernacle concert hall April 1-4, per TV Guide Magazine.

• E! has ordered six more episodes of Whitney Cummings’ weekly talk show, Love You, Mean It With Whitney Cummings, TV Guide Magazine reports.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. hello says:

Now that is Snow White

2. Joe B. says:

yeah what a suprise.. she looks like reginas sister… what a scandal ;)))

3. King says:

botox white

4. Oh, this is gonna be epic.

5. Tia says:

THIS. FLAWLESS. CASTING. *o*

Between her and Bailey Madison… wow.

• Ella B. says:

I was actually disappointed that they used Jennifer Morrison to play her 17 year old self because they’re usually SO good at casting younger/related actors and actresses.

• ben says:

Hopefully this means an episode with Bailee Madison AND Richard Schiff, yes? Please please please.

This is good casting, but I’ve never seen any casting as good as Bailee Madison. She gets all of Ginnifer’s mannerisms perfect.

• Mark says:

That’s moreso a credit to that actress. She’s very talented in everything I’ve seen her in. I even loved her in Wizards.

• Tia says:

That’s funny because I was watching an episode of SVU with Bailee in it just 3 days ago and I told my mother (who I recently introduced to OUAT) “keep this young girl’s name in mind because she’s such a good actress I’m pretty sure we’ll still talk about her years from now”. And then she asked me who she was and I explained all the Snow White stuff (which she has yet to watch), including mannerisms, yes! I was literally blown away when I watched her being all Ginny-like in her protraying of little Snow. Just awesome.

6. Darth Pablo says:

Whats the Over/Under on episodes for Sean Beans character to die?

7. Ace says:

EXCELLENT casting. I don’t usually enjoy the roles Rena Sofer plays, but this one is perfect for her.

8. zaza says:

Um…”he has the uncanny ability to transform himself into a different person with each job.” Does that mean he is a shape-shifter? Or will we see Sean Bean sporting different wigs, mustaches, glasses etc.? Because the show would only be worth watching if we get to actually see Sean Bean every week.

9. ABC says:

Rena Sofer plays insufferable characters. I’m glad her stay will be brief.

10. mia says:

Glad more episodes of Love You, Mean It have been ordered. Its really funny and pairs well with The Soup….plus I just love Whitney Cummings.

11. Bob Jones says:

Wow; I had no idea so many people dislike Rena Sofer . . . I loved her on Heroes as Nathan Petrelli’s Wife, and on NCIS, and Bones, and The Glades (watched the episodes she was in).

I also like that she’s recurring as Arthur’s Ex-Wife on Covert Affairs. I think because people have a personal attachment/investment to Gibbs/Booth, etc, they automatically hate a special guest star.

I also liked Sarah Jane Morris on NCIS with Michael Weatherly.

12. Delirious says:

So apparently, Ali Larter has been cast for the part of Miss Parker in this reboot of The Pretender, then?

13. Miffy says:

She looks right, but she’s a show killer.

14. Clover says:

Put me in the “Can’t STAND Rena Sofer” Club.