Body of Proof: Scoop on the Show's 'Thrilling' Reboot and Big Season 3 Mystery

Body of ProofDANA DELANY returns Feb. 5 with more action, romance and a greater sense of urgency.

Discussing the show’s Season 3 revamp Thursday at the Television Critics Association’s winter press tour in Pasadena, exec producer Matthew Gross said viewers should expect an amped-up Body. “We wanted to make stories that were more thriling, that have more stakes,” he said. “Inject more octane into the show.”

RELATED | Body of Proof: Who’s In and Who’s Out in Season 3

The addition of Mark Valley as a police officer and former love interest of Dana Delany’s Megan will add an undercurrent of sexual tension throughout the season. “[We wanted to] bring Megan’s personal life into the actual ‘A’ case,” noted fellow EP Christopher Murphey. “And also bring out the law enforcement aspect of the show.”

The more things change though, the more they will remain the same. Said Murphey: “Megan’s still full of piss and vinegar.”

Other spoilery highlights from the panel:

Body‘s two-part opener has “a thriller aspect to it,” shared new EP Evan Katz (24).

• Kate “starts to go into politics” — including no less than a run for Congress, previewed her portrayer Jeri Ryan. “She decides life is short, now is the time.” (She’ll also get a new love interest in Desperate Housewives‘ Richard Burgi.)

• Season 3 will delve deeper into Megan’s backstory, specifically the circumstances surrounding her father’s suicide. “As the season progresses,” teased Katz, “that is a mystery we grip onto and run with.”

1. Bernadine says:

So happy its coming back!

2. Linda says:

I’m glad ABC stuck with this show. I’m looking forward to its return!

3. nick1372 says:

I liked Body of Proof last year, but this year it’ll be must-see TV. The problem with most procedurals is that they try so hard to be different that they neglect the actual cases. For example, the romance on Castle is nice and all, but the cases, except for the weathergirl, have all stunk. Even the Firefly parody and mockumentary cases were bad, because the actual case was so uninteresting, other than the victim. Don’t get me wrong, I love Castle, but it looks like Person of Interest or Body of Proof will be my new favorite cop show.

4. zaza says:

For me, it wasn’t the cases that I tuned in for on Body of Proof, it was the interaction between the characters and now, half of them are gone. Maybe the new additions will be good, but I can’t help being a little worried.

• Magically Suspicious says:

This is exactly how I feel. And the one character I dislike, Jeri Ryan/Kate, is the one left with a beefed up role. I’ll give it a chance, but I’m not too optimistic.

5. Rusty says:

If it lasts until May I will be surprised. When will Hollywood stop making 50 something actress act like 20 year olds. The only thing that could possibly help this show if they killed off her daughter. Should never have brought it back after firing the only ones with talent.

• vincent dante says:

One of the best things about this show is the interaction between the mother, the daughter and the granddaughter. It’s called family. I see no reason to arbitrairially kill off related characters for no reason other to satisfy the ingraciousness of an audience.

6. Alex says:

I’ve lost interest in the show. They’ve dropped several characters, including Peter, one of my favorites. I don’t like Mark Valley, and a political story for Kate sounds like a dead bore. Surely they can come up with a better plot than that! I really hope the show is better than it sounds like now. I’ll watch to give it a chance, but I have major misgivings. It was fine before, and these changes mostly sound bad.

• vincent dante says:

Peter was never the same after his girl friend died and (even though the cliffhanger was open-ended) he apparently died as well.

7. Norah says:

I’m thrilled it’s coming back! Love this show.

8. Alichat says:

Meh. Can’t say it’s peaking my interest at all.

9. I’ll give it a few episodes but I liked the original line-up and enjoyed the show the way it was. Too much TV to watch at the moment and this may get bumped.

10. ljd213 says:

Hate the reboots and recasts. Count me out and I suspect many more.

11. Ethel says:

Just give me Mark Valley and a bowl of popcorn and I will be happy

12. Amiee says:

Wow, this sounds like…..every other show on television.

13. Magically Suspicious says:

If you couldn’t make things sizzle with Jamie Bamber as her love interest, then good luck.

14. Jeff says:

I could not be less interested…

15. Duffy says:

Mark Valley AND Richard Burgi? Count me IN!

16. yvonne says:

Thank u God / Castle & Body of proof / it doesn’t get better than this!!!! :-D

17. Diane says:

Sorry, but Gerri Ryan was the pull for me. If she is gone,forget about it.

18. ROY Burton says:

Body Of Proof Is Cool ABC Needs To Keep It On The Air. It’s A Great Show

19. ROY Burton says:

I Agree With Nick Diane !

20. ROY Burton says: