Body of Proof: Scoop on the Show's 'Thrilling' Reboot and Big Season 3 Mystery

Body of ProofDANA DELANY returns Feb. 5 with more action, romance and a greater sense of urgency.

Discussing the show’s Season 3 revamp Thursday at the Television Critics Association’s winter press tour in Pasadena, exec producer Matthew Gross said viewers should expect an amped-up Body. “We wanted to make stories that were more thriling, that have more stakes,” he said. “Inject more octane into the show.”

RELATED | Body of Proof: Who’s In and Who’s Out in Season 3

The addition of Mark Valley as a police officer and former love interest of Dana Delany’s Megan will add an undercurrent of sexual tension throughout the season. “[We wanted to] bring Megan’s personal life into the actual ‘A’ case,” noted fellow EP Christopher Murphey. “And also bring out the law enforcement aspect of the show.”

The more things change though, the more they will remain the same. Said Murphey: “Megan’s still full of piss and vinegar.”

Other spoilery highlights from the panel:

Body‘s two-part opener has “a thriller aspect to it,” shared new EP Evan Katz (24).

• Kate “starts to go into politics” — including no less than a run for Congress, previewed her portrayer Jeri Ryan. “She decides life is short, now is the time.” (She’ll also get a new love interest in Desperate Housewives‘ Richard Burgi.)

• Season 3 will delve deeper into Megan’s backstory, specifically the circumstances surrounding her father’s suicide. “As the season progresses,” teased Katz, “that is a mystery we grip onto and run with.”

Comments (34)

• So happy its coming back!

Comment by Bernadine – January 10, 2013 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’M HAPPY ABOUT IT TOO BERNADINE !.

Comment by ROY Burton – February 26, 2013 10:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad ABC stuck with this show. I’m looking forward to its return!

Comment by Linda – January 10, 2013 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked Body of Proof last year, but this year it’ll be must-see TV. The problem with most procedurals is that they try so hard to be different that they neglect the actual cases. For example, the romance on Castle is nice and all, but the cases, except for the weathergirl, have all stunk. Even the Firefly parody and mockumentary cases were bad, because the actual case was so uninteresting, other than the victim. Don’t get me wrong, I love Castle, but it looks like Person of Interest or Body of Proof will be my new favorite cop show.

Comment by nick1372 – January 10, 2013 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There’s plenty of csi’s and ncis’s for that case of the week with no storyline advancement.

Comment by Joe – January 10, 2013 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I never said I wanted “no storyline advancement”. I just said that Castle’s writers have been neglecting the case of the week and it’s hurting the show. Because that’s what the show is, you know. A police procedural. If you don’t like it, go turn on The Young & the Restless or some other soap opera.

Comment by nick1372 – January 15, 2013 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • WHATEVER!.

Comment by ROY Burton – February 26, 2013 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AGAIN ME TOO

Comment by ROY Burton – February 26, 2013 10:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For me, it wasn’t the cases that I tuned in for on Body of Proof, it was the interaction between the characters and now, half of them are gone. Maybe the new additions will be good, but I can’t help being a little worried.

Comment by zaza – January 10, 2013 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is exactly how I feel. And the one character I dislike, Jeri Ryan/Kate, is the one left with a beefed up role. I’ll give it a chance, but I’m not too optimistic.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – January 11, 2013 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it lasts until May I will be surprised. When will Hollywood stop making 50 something actress act like 20 year olds. The only thing that could possibly help this show if they killed off her daughter. Should never have brought it back after firing the only ones with talent.

Comment by Rusty – January 10, 2013 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • One of the best things about this show is the interaction between the mother, the daughter and the granddaughter. It’s called family. I see no reason to arbitrairially kill off related characters for no reason other to satisfy the ingraciousness of an audience.

Comment by vincent dante – January 11, 2013 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve lost interest in the show. They’ve dropped several characters, including Peter, one of my favorites. I don’t like Mark Valley, and a political story for Kate sounds like a dead bore. Surely they can come up with a better plot than that! I really hope the show is better than it sounds like now. I’ll watch to give it a chance, but I have major misgivings. It was fine before, and these changes mostly sound bad.

Comment by Alex – January 10, 2013 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Peter was never the same after his girl friend died and (even though the cliffhanger was open-ended) he apparently died as well.

Comment by vincent dante – January 11, 2013 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thrilled it’s coming back! Love this show.

Comment by Norah – January 10, 2013 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Meh. Can’t say it’s peaking my interest at all.

Comment by Alichat – January 10, 2013 10:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But does it “pique” your interest?

Comment by Alex – February 19, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ooo…yes….spelling alert! Thanks for the catch!

Comment by Alichat – February 19, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll give it a few episodes but I liked the original line-up and enjoyed the show the way it was. Too much TV to watch at the moment and this may get bumped.

Comment by Kendal Walworth – January 10, 2013 11:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hate the reboots and recasts. Count me out and I suspect many more.

Comment by ljd213 – January 11, 2013 04:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just give me Mark Valley and a bowl of popcorn and I will be happy

Comment by Ethel – January 11, 2013 05:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, this sounds like…..every other show on television.

Comment by Amiee – January 11, 2013 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you couldn’t make things sizzle with Jamie Bamber as her love interest, then good luck.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – January 11, 2013 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I could not be less interested…

Comment by Jeff – January 11, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mark Valley AND Richard Burgi? Count me IN!

Comment by Duffy – January 11, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank u God / Castle & Body of proof / it doesn’t get better than this!!!! :-D

Comment by yvonne – January 25, 2013 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry, but Gerri Ryan was the pull for me. If she is gone,forget about it.

Comment by Diane – February 19, 2013 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t worry, Diane, *Jeri* Ryan is still on the show.

Comment by nick1372 – February 23, 2013 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Body Of Proof Is Cool ABC Needs To Keep It On The Air. It’s A Great Show

Comment by ROY Burton – February 26, 2013 10:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Agree With Nick Diane !

Comment by ROY Burton – February 26, 2013 10:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post