The Killing Exclusive: Meet the Season 3 Cast! Plus – Scoop on the New Death Row Mystery!

The Killing Season 3 SpoilersAlthough AMC has yet to officially resurrect The Killing, TVLine has learned that production on Season 3 is set to begin on Feb. 25. (Not bad for a show that’s still technically cancelled, eh?) What’s more, we now know an awful lot about the new characters by whom Linden and Holder will be surrounded. For instance:

Tom Seward is a thirtysomething Neanderthal on death row for the murder of his wife. In what seems likely to be his last month on earth, he takes a (perhaps ill-advised) stroll down memory lane, tripping on the secrets he’s left behind like a trail of bloody bread crumbs.

Danette Lutz, in her late 30s, is probably the worst mother since Mo’Nique in Precious. How bad is she? She could easily forget she even is a mother until her 15-year-old, Kallie, goes missing.

Bullet is a 16-year-old tough guy who looks out for all the local street girls. But there’s more to him than meets the eye: Most significantly, he’s… a she.

Alton Singleterry is a Machiavellian young gangbanger who seems to think that death row is party to which he can RSVP no.

Ed Skinner is Linden’s old partner, a middle-aged Dudley Do-Right whose record is spotless, save for a brief extramarital fling with a co-worker. (Could that co-worker have been Linden? Hmm… )

Tiny is the underage female hooker to whom Bullet’s heart belongs. The only trouble is (well, the only trouble aside from her being an underage hooker!), Tiny’s crazy about someone else.

Twitch is yet another JV hooker, a wannabe star with a rap sheet that’s longer than he is tall.

Your thoughts? Will you give the new Killing a try? Or are you still pissed about Season 1?

Tags: ,

Comments (54)

• cool. I liked the first two seasons.

Comment by Michael Sacal – January 9, 2013 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was never pissed b/c I’m not an entitled crybaby. I’ll definitely be tuning in for more if it airs.

Comment by Jason – January 9, 2013 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^ THIS! I don’t know why people were so angry, the original Forbrydelsen 1 took 20 eps to finish the story and the American one wasn’t too far off that mark. Besides, they gave us a stellar ending to the story that was completely different from the Danish one and I think it was worth the wait.

Comment by Lo – January 9, 2013 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think people were pissed because they thought AMC’s promotion of the show promised that all will be revealed by the end of the season. I really didn’t care since the show was renewed for a second season, and I felt that any blame belonged to the AMC marketing department and not the creative people behind the show. But, if it had been 13 and done and we never got closure of any of the storylines, I would have been upset.

Comment by Marc – January 9, 2013 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Completely agree! I love love love this show. It’s one of the only shows that my husband and I can enjoy together. Holder is just too awesome.

Comment by Louise – January 9, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would cautiously approach the new season, assuming the case is solved. I have a feeling it won’t make it past a third season. Hopefully, this is a Netflix deal where they add all 13 episodes at one time and I can just watch it over a weekend.

Comment by Thilia – January 9, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was totally interested in a season 3 as i liked the other 2 seasons. The new characters do not sound that interesting and i’m guessing the murder will be another teenage girl who this time dabbled in prostitution and met the wrong john. I hope i’m wrong but i was hoping for something a little darker and different.

Comment by K – January 9, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What’s the lead in going to be? 30 minutes of paint drying?

Comment by Rico Swavvy – January 9, 2013 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Followed by 30 minutes of rain. LOL

Comment by Rico Swavvy – January 9, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Better than 30 minutes of whining.

Comment by Olive – January 10, 2013 11:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bring it on!!!!

Comment by Terri – January 9, 2013 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was ticked off at how they ended Season 1 but I watched Season 2 anyway – and was very happy that I did! I’ll be back for Season 3!

Comment by Chloe – January 9, 2013 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, me too. I hated the way season 1 ended but I loved the actors enough to keep with season 2 and I really loved it. Season 2 was better than season 1. In fact, the show would have had more success if they found a way to combine the first half of season 1 with the second half of season 2.

Comment by Olive – January 10, 2013 11:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The problem with their two season arc was, for me, more about how dragged out it seemed by the end of it all. If they can solve the crimes in a fairly timely manner I’d be fine tuning in for a third season.

Comment by Damien Roberts (@dam744) – January 9, 2013 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh, why does every thing have to be on Sunday and Monday nights? My DVR is full as it is, probably will have to give this one a pass.

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 9, 2013 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There’s no official word on when the series is actually going to air. The February 25th date is just when they’re going to start making the new episodes, not when they’re going to start airing.

Comment by Devin Hudson (@DevinTHudson) – January 9, 2013 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • OH! I misread that, thank you so much for clarifying it for me :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 9, 2013 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A 16 year old character being named Bullet confirms my suspicion that Veena Sud is an alien from outer space, and therefore has absolutely no idea what teenagers are actually like in the real world. Every single teenage character in the first two seasons was laughably awful, and I expect no different from this season that shouldn’t even be happening.

Comment by Superhero – January 9, 2013 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep, the writers should be fired. If they want a third season stand alone story, cool, go right ahead. However this is a time to look forward, maybe save the show, it’s a new beginning. The two main characters were fine, worst mother ever, but still watchable. Fire the writers, fire everyone besides the two main characters and start over.

Comment by Midori004 – January 9, 2013 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because the average teenager who’s a F to M transgender, dating, and watching out for (or pimpimg, don’t know yet) teenage prostitues on the the streets is usually named Scott. Bullet may be a common street name the writers found in their research. I’m sure the character’s christian name isn’t bullet. Shows assign stupid street names to characters all the time yet this one is a problem for you. What a stupid, mundane thing to complain about. Teenagers always seem contrived or a little over the top in most shows including the good ones, Dana on Homeland for example, because the writers are usually well past their teens. The teenagers in the first two seasons were not especially bad. Please, don’t watch the show if you hate it so much.

Comment by Olive – January 11, 2013 12:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These are characters, not cast.

Comment by D'Arcy – January 9, 2013 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t mind how they treated the first season mystery going into season two. For the love of all the haterade though, please solve this one in one season.

Comment by KenBud – January 9, 2013 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great. I am one of the few who loved season 1 and 2 but I do hope this case is a one season case. I am guessing it will be. I had also hoped that they may surprise us and solve it after say 8 eps and do another case over 5 eps so as to keep us on our toes.

Comment by jasie – January 9, 2013 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If the show comes back, IF, it will most likely be for one 10 episode season, then get canceled again unless Netflix really likes it.

Comment by Midori004 – January 9, 2013 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will absolutely watch!

Comment by Kat – January 9, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • since I had already given up hope on this being resurrected I am really excited for a season 3! Totally perplexed by all the whining over the ending of season 1, I thought it was a great cliffhanger. Just finished watching Season III of Forbydelsen. Obviously they are going in a totally different direction (which is a good thing.)

Comment by jinx – January 9, 2013 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great that The Killing will be back. I watched both seasons and will watch Season 3 because I like Linden and Holder!

Comment by Rae – January 9, 2013 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I tried to slog through the second season, but it was unbearable and unwatchable. Still, this is good news for the 19 people who enjoyed it.

Comment by Joe Davis – January 9, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have had lots of fun getting to know the 18 other people.

Comment by KatherineM – January 9, 2013 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Millions of people watched the show until the end. There’s a reason the shows being ressurrected.

Comment by Olive – January 11, 2013 12:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved Holder and Linden and am glad to have them for one more year. I enjoyed The Killing as I would a long complex novel, and was sad to see it go.

Comment by KatherineM – January 9, 2013 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s get something straight to the 5 fans of the show.

Half the audience ditched in season 2 because the killer wasn’t found in season 1. However, if the writing in most of season 1 had been better no one would have cared! I for one would have ditched about halfway through season 1, the show is just horribly written, but watched thinking we would find out who the killer was. When we didn’t I wasn’t wasting more time watching this crap. I ditched, and so did millions of others.

Comment by Midori004 – January 9, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah okay. So you didn’t like it and you explained why. Now that you’ve gotten it off your chest you can move on? And there are people who liked the show so get over it already.

Comment by Sarah – January 9, 2013 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Let him be. It must be hard for him to have a good night’s sleep when there are still 5 souls left he has yet not lectured. ;)

Comment by KatherineM – January 9, 2013 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m in for another season! I love Holder n Lindens story! Some of the characters are interesting, I didn’t read all of the descriptions. I want to be surprised! :)

Comment by b! – January 9, 2013 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excited for a season 3! Certainly will be tuning in!

Comment by Gillian – January 9, 2013 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is going to be epically terrible. I’m very, very excited. Also, I love Joel Kinneman, so as long as he has work, I’m happy.

Comment by Lola – January 9, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They mention that Danette Lutz is a crappy mother…….can’t be much worse than Linden! She’s pretty bad!

Comment by Judy – January 9, 2013 10:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will absolutely watch – can’t wait! :)

Comment by Laurie – January 9, 2013 10:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought season one was okay. Several episodes were downright boring. But the season one finale is ultimately what brought me back for more. Season 2 rose on a thrilling crescendo, albeit plateau-ing at times, and ended with a somewhat sublime thud. The season 2 finale was predictable and didn’t live up to the rise of excitement that it’s previous 25 episodes continually built on. But it certainly lived up to what it was: a finale. The Killing ended like a good novel, as in one that certainly needs no sequel. “Its done, its over”, was the way I viewed the series .It didn’t leave me biting my fingernails needing to know more. That said a sort of prequel-like take on a third season would interest me. Knowing more about Holder and Linden prior to the Larsen case. I think season 3 will be more about satisfying all the fanboys/girls of this series. I’ll be interested to see what they try and do with The Killing, so I would tune in for a third round. But overall it seems like trying to add some extra chapters an already completed and published book. I give The Killing 4/5 stars mainly due to the thrilling 12 episodes (yes I’m excluding the last episode) of the 2nd season. But that’s just my opinion.

Comment by Josh – January 10, 2013 03:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back Randal Edwards as Ray the tech — great actor, a great character that could be flushed out with his own arc

Comment by Lawrence V. Eduardo – January 10, 2013 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad this is coming back! Linden and Holder for the win!

Comment by Anasazi – January 10, 2013 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hurry up and BRING IT ON!!!

Comment by Victoria Bean – January 11, 2013 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! This is awesome news! I loved both seasons of The Killing, and was very sad to see it concluded (well, I admit I said “Huh?” after S1 finale.) I thought there was no hope for a season 3, as the way it ended left little (character-wise) to carry on with. But now I’m thrilled with the knowledge they’re creating new material for Linden & Holder (bring on Round 3!) Can’t wait to tell my mom…she’ll be so happy. She was just talking about the show a few days ago (how much she missed it…)

Comment by Gianna – January 13, 2013 02:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved this show from the very beginning!

Comment by HBLUE (@HblueBlue) – January 27, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hell yeah I will be watching. The show is thousand times better than all those stupid ass sitcoms!

Comment by james – February 3, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • one of the best show ever…so looking forward to season 3….and 4…and 5

Comment by Laurie – February 8, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really likes this show, it was different not revealing the killer at the end o season 1. Everyone is so used to finding things out either at the end of the eoisode or the end of the season. Yes, it made me a little mad not to know at first but, it kept me wanting more. I’m happy and excited for season 3. Don’t be a hater, it was nice to see something different.

Comment by tazgill – February 9, 2013 03:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved this show!!!! Crime,corruption,drugs,sexual tension,throw in politics,dirty cops,hookers,murder,and one of the sexiest characters in a seasoned show,Holder.My fav casting was Donnie and Marie,This show is close to reality without it being a true crime show.They drew us in,with the hints of the who done it,then pulling the rug out from under our feet,only to highlight the next person,each time,im thinking,yeah its got to be this person..and I was wrong,Kudos for a season 3

Comment by Krista Huston – June 1, 2013 01:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is the best! So happy it’s back and hope it stays around for awhile.

Comment by Fran Hampton – June 4, 2013 03:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So tired of Bullet. Tired of her smart ass attitude and wish she would leave the show.

Comment by Joe Hickory – June 23, 2013 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well you got your wish about Bullet! Just watched episode 9 and the amazing acting of the characters Linden, Holder and Seward. This series is the best of the 3 for me so far.

Comment by Jane Mansell – July 29, 2013 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post