Photo Finish: Private Practice Series Finale Is Heading for a 'Joyful' Wedding

Get More: Finales, Photo Gallery

ABC’s Private Practice invites you to RSVP for its series finale on Jan. 22, in which Kate Walsh’s Addison will (by all appearances) tie the knot with Benjamin Bratt’s Jake — and we’ve got a wedding album packed with 26 photos.

RELATED | Shonda Rhimes Announces Private Practice End Date, Calls Decision ‘Heartbreaking’

In previewing the Grey’s Anatomy spin-off’s final hour, KaDee Strickland told me viewers will get “a really concise version of everything they loved about every character. It’s a very just ending, it’s very appropriate…. It’s emotional but very joyful. It comes from a good place.”

Among the many familiar faces who RSVP for Addison’s Big Day, original cast member Audra McDonald returns as Sam’s ex Naomi. (“It was like she never left,” Strickland shared.)

Check out the photos here, see who brought who as a date, and also watch the new episode of Spoiler Alert! (embedded below) for even more scoop on the grand finale.

Comments (67)

• I love you Addie. All the happiness in the world for you. <3

Comment by Aileen – January 9, 2013 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have loved Addison since she arrived at Seattle Grace and followed her to PP, so I am very happy she gets her happy ending. And also happy she doesn’t end up with Sam!! That is one couple that never should’ve happened.

Comment by Rebecca – January 9, 2013 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For the merest second I was all “Why the heck is Dr. Phil officiating?!”

Comment by Annie – January 10, 2013 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aw beautiful wedding. I’m happy Addison will be marrying Jake. I will miss Addison, but it is time to move on.

Comment by Jamie – January 9, 2013 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addie looks so beautiful. I love Addison and Jake together. She made the right choice!

Comment by Kenzie – January 9, 2013 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That dress makes Addison look pregnant but I’m so happy for her!

Comment by Melissa – January 9, 2013 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope she is pregnant!!!

Comment by Sara – January 9, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was thinking that! Fingers crossed!

Comment by MandaJ – January 9, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thinking the same

Comment by Olivia – January 9, 2013 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If the do go down that road I hope they do it Soprano’s style by having her take a pregnancy test and then when he is just about to get the results cut out.

Comment by Russ – January 10, 2013 01:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Shonda said everyone is getting closure. So I don’t see this happening.

Comment by Ron – January 10, 2013 05:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s a little too cliche – the woman that could never get pregnant (even after going through multiple cycles of IVF) to magically get pregnant after adopting or considering adoption.
        I love Addie, and I want her to be happy, but that would be a lame ending.

Comment by Spencer – January 11, 2013 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so, so bummed this show is over! And without Pete :(

Comment by Nerdista (@Nerdista) – January 9, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why is the show ending already? Is there any chance it could get picked up by another network?

Comment by Brigitte Taylor – January 9, 2013 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No. Have you seen the ratings? And the writers are proving they earned this with this season’s quality (or should I say, the lack thereof?).

I’m happy that Addison is happy. That’s all I have to say.

Comment by Ron – January 10, 2013 05:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Surely she still keeps some friends from Seattle? It’s sad not to see at least one or two Grey’s faces in these photos.

Comment by ben – January 9, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right, like I thought her and Callie were pretty close. What’s up with that?

Comment by the girl – January 9, 2013 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It is pretty odd that there’s never a mention of Addie in GA. At least a comment from Der to Mer ‘Hey, so Addison got married and adopted a black kid, just like us’. I mean, Mark died, she could’ve flown to Seattle to be there (even if we didn’t see it, just mention how she went to the funeral w/ or w/o Henry) or they could’ve mention him passing away in PP (Amelia knew him too, come on Shonda, where’s your continuity?)
        BTW, I hate, HATE that Mark has a kid and then dies and Sloan Sloan is nowhere to be seen.

Comment by Olivia – January 9, 2013 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They did mention Mark’s death on PP. Addie had a breakdown at Pete’s funeral after she received a call from someone in Seattle.

Comment by big cheddar – January 9, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • although I do wish they had handled it better, they did mention Mark’s death on PP. At the end of Pete’s Funeral. And then she had a whole convo with Jake about how she loved Mark and how she had an abortion when they were first together.

Comment by VB – January 9, 2013 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Mark’s death was mentions on Private Practice during Pete’s wake and the following episode as Addison dealt with her grief.

Comment by Robert – January 9, 2013 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • She really should have been by Mark’s bedside. Blame Shonda.

As for your other points, didn’t you get the memo? No one on Grey’s had a life before Seattle. And no one on PP before LA. Backstory? History? What absurd ideas.

Comment by Ron – January 10, 2013 05:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Addie talked about Mark in two of the PP episodes following his death on Grey’s. She got a phone call from Derek when they took Mark off life support (Sam also mentioned calling Derek, and Addie told Amelia in another scene), and then she spent the whole next episode crying over Mark and had this great scene with Jake when she told him about their relationship.

Also, Sloan Sloan didn’t seem to care much about Mark when she was in Seattle – to the point where she wouldn’t even let him raise his grandson since she didn’t want to. I doubt that she would show up again. She was pretty self-absorbed.

Comment by Spencer – January 11, 2013 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally Addison gets her happily ever after!

Comment by Ana – January 9, 2013 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would have been nice to see Bailey and Callie at Addison’s wedding. But anyway, the pictures look great. I LOVE Amelia and James. I wish they would cross over to GREY’S. There would be so much more great stories to tell. Kind of sad that anyone has someone in the end but Violet. Well I’m excited for the finale. It’s been a great sixth season – in my opinion the best PP season overall!!!

Comment by Daniela – January 9, 2013 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG! Addison is Gorgeous! They are so cute together. I want to see the finale now!! It might be the dress, but I think Addie is pregnant!

Comment by Ashlee – January 9, 2013 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE James and Amelia. Wish they’d brought him in sooner. Can they throw ‘em both over to Grey’s? Please!

Comment by Bre – January 9, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the same thing!!!!

Comment by simy – January 10, 2013 12:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addy and Jake are beautiful together. I hope we get lots of them in the last two episodes.

Comment by courtney – January 9, 2013 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love and will miss CharCoop!

Comment by N – January 9, 2013 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rather Cooplotte

Comment by Olivia – January 9, 2013 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These make me sad. I don’t want to say bye to Addison, but am excited to see her wedding. I don’t see Henry :(

Comment by Laura – January 9, 2013 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She looks beautiful, but I have to say that the dress fits too big on the chest, it looks loose

Comment by Yunuem – January 9, 2013 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amelia looks hot and Charlotte looks amazing, So happy Addie is getting her happy ending finally!

Comment by A – January 9, 2013 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love you Addie!! So happy to see the happy ending. Why didn’t they find Violet a partner while everyone has one :( Char and Coop!! So beautiful together! WIll miss the show for sure! Plss give Char and Coop their own show!!

Comment by Hanh Linh Nguyen – January 9, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beautiful wedding! Addie/KW is stunning :) I can’t wait to see what Kate does next.

Comment by Elizabeth – January 9, 2013 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love that all the characters except Violet seems to have a significant other and are doing well… I don’t see the triplets or Henry so I can’t imagine what happened there.
    Love that the title is In Which We Say Goodbye. I loved those titles from season 1, hated that they stopped using it.

Comment by Shuayb – January 9, 2013 09:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jake’s daughter (the actress tweeted about being at the wedding) is probably standing up for him and holding baby Henry.

Comment by Jamie – January 9, 2013 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone else notice that Addie is wearing her engagement ring on her pinky finger? (I understand than many women wear theirs on their right ring finger during the ceremony, but I’ve never seen it on the pinky!)

On another note I agree, Callie would/should totally be at her best friend’s wedding!

PS did Archer die?

Comment by Jane – January 9, 2013 10:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right? He may as well. But this is the norm of Shondaland. And we’d never get to see it on screen anyway. Wait, actually, what Archer? Who on earth is that? I have no idea what you’re talking about. Addison just dropped into LA from the sky one day she has no such thing as friends and family outside the city.

Comment by Ron – January 10, 2013 05:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Addison always and will miss her terribly :) This is the perfect ending for her.

Comment by Krissy – January 9, 2013 10:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Perfect happy ending, so happy for Jake and Addison! :)

Comment by Taddy – January 10, 2013 03:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This week’s episode centering on Amelia and James was my favorite of the entire series, I think. Just perfect.

Happy Addison will finish the series in a good place.

Comment by Bobbi – January 10, 2013 05:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • addison looks pregnant.

Comment by Maya – January 10, 2013 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish Addison’s family was at the wedding. At least, Naomi came back.
    I love seeing Addie be happy. Jake is perfect for her!

Comment by Katie M – January 10, 2013 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am pretty stoked about this. I caught up on Season 4 over the summer and only watched the first couple episodes of season 5 so far, mainly because I was scared they would put her with Sam in the end, in which case I was just going to skip the whole season. I was happy she picked Jake but I could totally see Shonda putting her with Sam at the end and I wanted to make sure that didn’t happen before I watched the rest of the season.

Comment by cas – January 10, 2013 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She should be with Sam

Comment by ghutch70 – January 10, 2013 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So SHELDON’s CANCER PATIENT FRIEND DIDN’T DIE!?!?!?!??!!?

Comment by justin – January 10, 2013 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey, that woman with Sheldon (I think that’s his name) played Maria’s mom in Roswell!!
    Sorry, but besides that, that show was not that great.

Comment by Liz – January 10, 2013 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very happy for Addie and Jake. It has been great ride from GA to PP with Addie! She is my favorite character ever!

Comment by Dee – January 10, 2013 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SHE SHOULD BE WITH SAM BECAUSE SAM IS HER MEN ADDISAM FAN

Comment by bella – January 10, 2013 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No one from Seattle Grace made the trip to their friend’s wedding?

Comment by Greg – January 10, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SAM AND ADDISON WEAR MORE CLOSER WITH JAKE IS NOTING DEAR
    SAM MUCH BE THE ENDGAME WITH ADDISON NOT JAKE HE WAS DEAR FOR 1 YEAR
    WITH SAM SHE WAS WITH HEM FOR THREE YEAR LONG WITH JAKE IS FAKE LOVE???

SHE SHOULD BE WITH SAM AND MARRY HER NOT JAKE HATE SHONDA FOR THAT SHE
    HATE BLACK MAN WITH WHIT WOMEN THAT WHY SHE CHOSE JAKE OVER SAM

Comment by bella – January 10, 2013 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What?

Comment by Britney – January 10, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously? This Bella person again? You’re just trolling the net everywhere with your capslock Addisam rants. Grow up.

Comment by Yvonne – January 10, 2013 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Jaddison together. He is so sweet to her!

Comment by Britney – January 10, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amelia looks *amazing* in that red dress. What a great color on her!

Comment by Ace – January 10, 2013 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Better Jake than Sam. I guess Addison will always need the crutch of a man.

Amelia was my favorite character until they put her together with James. I hate relationshps that are based on the fact that both of them are pretty people while emotionally it’s a very bad connection as these two are. It’s bound to crash once the initial infatuation is over and he no longer feels like holding her hand because she’s too different from him. They’re together because the writers wanted Amelia to go out with a partner who wasn’t Sheldon. A bad taste in my mouth to end the series with.

Comment by Kath – January 10, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i miss Addie already :( :( :(

Comment by syndey – January 12, 2013 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A very concise view of what fans loved about every character means that there is no Violet, Charlotte or Cooper in the episode. The reason the show ands when Addison is gone was that every time they were given the major arc, PP lost viewers. To have all the people they scared away (and there are a lot more of those than the people still watching PP) just promise viewers they get no lines.

Comment by S. – January 12, 2013 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like you are getting rid of the only series left that I watch that’s not pushing gay people down our throat! I watch grey’s and scandal but when the gay scenes come on I do something else ! All I’m asking is why everything you try to watch now a days have gay people in it or I gets cancelled? I don’t think just because some actors came out of the closet that we should have to be exposed to it!

Comment by Madonna – January 13, 2013 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have enjoyed watching this show. It would have been very nice if they would have perhaps kept the show going with Addison “off screen” but that would be in a world where would could really enjoy a show and it stay on. All in all, I do hope that she is pregnant as it would be the icing on the cake. Addison able to adopt Henry was closure to an opened wound. Completion is marrying Jake. I would have loved to see the maturation of Charlotte now that she had the babies. Watching her softer side evolve could have been eggshell funny. Cooper going stir crazy in this new house would have been hilarious I am sure. I am over the moon ecstatic for Amelia. She deserves every happiness. Learning what sober love is like definitely does become her. I would like to be happy for Sheldon. Always in love and wanting to be loved but the feelings never reciprocated has finally found someone that can what he needs even if for a short period of time. Sam, is where he should be. Sam and Addison never should have been. That was that line that some of us try to never cross. I think that Violet should try to focus on Lucas and his emotional well being before her own grief is normal and expected. Being alone is not so bad. Especially if it allows you the time that she has always needed to learn who “she is”. All in all, Private Practice is Private Practice. Whether the shows crossed or intermingled for the finale has no bearing on the fact that we get to lose yet another good show for some more: housewives on teen pregnancy babies mommas on down wives/hoes club I wanna slap your coyote hog chasing momma crap!

Comment by Charlie – January 15, 2013 11:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do they always get rid of the really,really good shows??? I love love Private Practice!!! All the characters were getting into their own stories,especially Charlotte and Cooper!! I love Charlotte! The stories of each character could go on and on in spite of Addison leaving the show!! Shame on you ABC!!!

Comment by Elaine Schlink – January 17, 2013 12:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOT HAPPY WHY WOULD YOU STOP MAKING THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Lindsay – January 22, 2013 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was my favorite show! I am sad.

Comment by Gretchen Deuble – January 29, 2013 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Perfect ending for a great show. All good things must come to an end, we look forward to greater things from Shonda

Comment by Renee – February 2, 2013 03:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post