Photo Finish: Private Practice Series Finale Is Heading for a 'Joyful' Wedding

ABC’s Private Practice invites you to RSVP for its series finale on Jan. 22, in which Kate Walsh’s Addison will (by all appearances) tie the knot with Benjamin Bratt’s Jake — and we’ve got a wedding album packed with 26 photos.

RELATED | Shonda Rhimes Announces Private Practice End Date, Calls Decision ‘Heartbreaking’

In previewing the Grey’s Anatomy spin-off’s final hour, KaDee Strickland told me viewers will get “a really concise version of everything they loved about every character. It’s a very just ending, it’s very appropriate…. It’s emotional but very joyful. It comes from a good place.”

Among the many familiar faces who RSVP for Addison’s Big Day, original cast member Audra McDonald returns as Sam’s ex Naomi. (“It was like she never left,” Strickland shared.)

Check out the photos here, see who brought who as a date, and also watch the new episode of Spoiler Alert! (embedded below) for even more scoop on the grand finale.

1. Aileen says:

I love you Addie. All the happiness in the world for you. <3

2. Jamie says:

Aw beautiful wedding. I’m happy Addison will be marrying Jake. I will miss Addison, but it is time to move on.

3. Kenzie says:

Addie looks so beautiful. I love Addison and Jake together. She made the right choice!

4. Melissa says:

That dress makes Addison look pregnant but I’m so happy for her!

5. I’m so, so bummed this show is over! And without Pete :(

• Brigitte Taylor says:

Why is the show ending already? Is there any chance it could get picked up by another network?

• Ron says:

No. Have you seen the ratings? And the writers are proving they earned this with this season’s quality (or should I say, the lack thereof?).

I’m happy that Addison is happy. That’s all I have to say.

6. ben says:

Surely she still keeps some friends from Seattle? It’s sad not to see at least one or two Grey’s faces in these photos.

• the girl says:

Right, like I thought her and Callie were pretty close. What’s up with that?

• Olivia says:

It is pretty odd that there’s never a mention of Addie in GA. At least a comment from Der to Mer ‘Hey, so Addison got married and adopted a black kid, just like us’. I mean, Mark died, she could’ve flown to Seattle to be there (even if we didn’t see it, just mention how she went to the funeral w/ or w/o Henry) or they could’ve mention him passing away in PP (Amelia knew him too, come on Shonda, where’s your continuity?)
        BTW, I hate, HATE that Mark has a kid and then dies and Sloan Sloan is nowhere to be seen.

• big cheddar says:

They did mention Mark’s death on PP. Addie had a breakdown at Pete’s funeral after she received a call from someone in Seattle.

• VB says:

although I do wish they had handled it better, they did mention Mark’s death on PP. At the end of Pete’s Funeral. And then she had a whole convo with Jake about how she loved Mark and how she had an abortion when they were first together.

• Robert says:

Mark’s death was mentions on Private Practice during Pete’s wake and the following episode as Addison dealt with her grief.

• Ron says:

She really should have been by Mark’s bedside. Blame Shonda.

As for your other points, didn’t you get the memo? No one on Grey’s had a life before Seattle. And no one on PP before LA. Backstory? History? What absurd ideas.

• Spencer says:

Addie talked about Mark in two of the PP episodes following his death on Grey’s. She got a phone call from Derek when they took Mark off life support (Sam also mentioned calling Derek, and Addie told Amelia in another scene), and then she spent the whole next episode crying over Mark and had this great scene with Jake when she told him about their relationship.

Also, Sloan Sloan didn’t seem to care much about Mark when she was in Seattle – to the point where she wouldn’t even let him raise his grandson since she didn’t want to. I doubt that she would show up again. She was pretty self-absorbed.

7. Ana says:

Finally Addison gets her happily ever after!

8. Daniela says:

It would have been nice to see Bailey and Callie at Addison’s wedding. But anyway, the pictures look great. I LOVE Amelia and James. I wish they would cross over to GREY’S. There would be so much more great stories to tell. Kind of sad that anyone has someone in the end but Violet. Well I’m excited for the finale. It’s been a great sixth season – in my opinion the best PP season overall!!!

9. Ashlee says:

OMG! Addison is Gorgeous! They are so cute together. I want to see the finale now!! It might be the dress, but I think Addie is pregnant!

10. Bre says:

LOVE James and Amelia. Wish they’d brought him in sooner. Can they throw ‘em both over to Grey’s? Please!

11. courtney says:

Addy and Jake are beautiful together. I hope we get lots of them in the last two episodes.

12. N says:

Love and will miss CharCoop!

13. Laura says:

These make me sad. I don’t want to say bye to Addison, but am excited to see her wedding. I don’t see Henry :(

14. Yunuem says:

She looks beautiful, but I have to say that the dress fits too big on the chest, it looks loose

15. A says:

Amelia looks hot and Charlotte looks amazing, So happy Addie is getting her happy ending finally!

16. Love you Addie!! So happy to see the happy ending. Why didn’t they find Violet a partner while everyone has one :( Char and Coop!! So beautiful together! WIll miss the show for sure! Plss give Char and Coop their own show!!

17. Elizabeth says:

Beautiful wedding! Addie/KW is stunning :) I can’t wait to see what Kate does next.

18. Shuayb says:

I love that all the characters except Violet seems to have a significant other and are doing well… I don’t see the triplets or Henry so I can’t imagine what happened there.
    Love that the title is In Which We Say Goodbye. I loved those titles from season 1, hated that they stopped using it.

• Jamie says:

Jake’s daughter (the actress tweeted about being at the wedding) is probably standing up for him and holding baby Henry.

19. Jane says:

Anyone else notice that Addie is wearing her engagement ring on her pinky finger? (I understand than many women wear theirs on their right ring finger during the ceremony, but I’ve never seen it on the pinky!)

On another note I agree, Callie would/should totally be at her best friend’s wedding!

PS did Archer die?

• Ron says:

Right? He may as well. But this is the norm of Shondaland. And we’d never get to see it on screen anyway. Wait, actually, what Archer? Who on earth is that? I have no idea what you’re talking about. Addison just dropped into LA from the sky one day she has no such thing as friends and family outside the city.

20. Krissy says:

I love Addison always and will miss her terribly :) This is the perfect ending for her.

21. Taddy says:

Perfect happy ending, so happy for Jake and Addison! :)

22. Bobbi says:

This week’s episode centering on Amelia and James was my favorite of the entire series, I think. Just perfect.

Happy Addison will finish the series in a good place.

23. Maya says:

addison looks pregnant.

24. Katie M says:

I wish Addison’s family was at the wedding. At least, Naomi came back.
    I love seeing Addie be happy. Jake is perfect for her!

25. cas says:

I am pretty stoked about this. I caught up on Season 4 over the summer and only watched the first couple episodes of season 5 so far, mainly because I was scared they would put her with Sam in the end, in which case I was just going to skip the whole season. I was happy she picked Jake but I could totally see Shonda putting her with Sam at the end and I wanted to make sure that didn’t happen before I watched the rest of the season.

26. ghutch70 says:

She should be with Sam

27. justin says:

So SHELDON’s CANCER PATIENT FRIEND DIDN’T DIE!?!?!?!??!!?

28. Liz says:

Hey, that woman with Sheldon (I think that’s his name) played Maria’s mom in Roswell!!
    Sorry, but besides that, that show was not that great.

29. Dee says:

Very happy for Addie and Jake. It has been great ride from GA to PP with Addie! She is my favorite character ever!

30. bella says:

SHE SHOULD BE WITH SAM BECAUSE SAM IS HER MEN ADDISAM FAN

31. Greg says:

No one from Seattle Grace made the trip to their friend’s wedding?

32. bella says:

SAM AND ADDISON WEAR MORE CLOSER WITH JAKE IS NOTING DEAR
    SAM MUCH BE THE ENDGAME WITH ADDISON NOT JAKE HE WAS DEAR FOR 1 YEAR
    WITH SAM SHE WAS WITH HEM FOR THREE YEAR LONG WITH JAKE IS FAKE LOVE???

SHE SHOULD BE WITH SAM AND MARRY HER NOT JAKE HATE SHONDA FOR THAT SHE
    HATE BLACK MAN WITH WHIT WOMEN THAT WHY SHE CHOSE JAKE OVER SAM

33. Britney says:

I love Jaddison together. He is so sweet to her!

34. Ace says:

Amelia looks *amazing* in that red dress. What a great color on her!

35. Kath says:

Better Jake than Sam. I guess Addison will always need the crutch of a man.

Amelia was my favorite character until they put her together with James. I hate relationshps that are based on the fact that both of them are pretty people while emotionally it’s a very bad connection as these two are. It’s bound to crash once the initial infatuation is over and he no longer feels like holding her hand because she’s too different from him. They’re together because the writers wanted Amelia to go out with a partner who wasn’t Sheldon. A bad taste in my mouth to end the series with.

36. syndey says:

i miss Addie already :( :( :(

37. S. says:

A very concise view of what fans loved about every character means that there is no Violet, Charlotte or Cooper in the episode. The reason the show ands when Addison is gone was that every time they were given the major arc, PP lost viewers. To have all the people they scared away (and there are a lot more of those than the people still watching PP) just promise viewers they get no lines.

38. Madonna says:

I feel like you are getting rid of the only series left that I watch that’s not pushing gay people down our throat! I watch grey’s and scandal but when the gay scenes come on I do something else ! All I’m asking is why everything you try to watch now a days have gay people in it or I gets cancelled? I don’t think just because some actors came out of the closet that we should have to be exposed to it!

39. Charlie says:

I have enjoyed watching this show. It would have been very nice if they would have perhaps kept the show going with Addison “off screen” but that would be in a world where would could really enjoy a show and it stay on. All in all, I do hope that she is pregnant as it would be the icing on the cake. Addison able to adopt Henry was closure to an opened wound. Completion is marrying Jake. I would have loved to see the maturation of Charlotte now that she had the babies. Watching her softer side evolve could have been eggshell funny. Cooper going stir crazy in this new house would have been hilarious I am sure. I am over the moon ecstatic for Amelia. She deserves every happiness. Learning what sober love is like definitely does become her. I would like to be happy for Sheldon. Always in love and wanting to be loved but the feelings never reciprocated has finally found someone that can what he needs even if for a short period of time. Sam, is where he should be. Sam and Addison never should have been. That was that line that some of us try to never cross. I think that Violet should try to focus on Lucas and his emotional well being before her own grief is normal and expected. Being alone is not so bad. Especially if it allows you the time that she has always needed to learn who “she is”. All in all, Private Practice is Private Practice. Whether the shows crossed or intermingled for the finale has no bearing on the fact that we get to lose yet another good show for some more: housewives on teen pregnancy babies mommas on down wives/hoes club I wanna slap your coyote hog chasing momma crap!

40. Elaine Schlink says:

Why do they always get rid of the really,really good shows??? I love love Private Practice!!! All the characters were getting into their own stories,especially Charlotte and Cooper!! I love Charlotte! The stories of each character could go on and on in spite of Addison leaving the show!! Shame on you ABC!!!

41. Lindsay says:

NOT HAPPY WHY WOULD YOU STOP MAKING THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

42. Gretchen Deuble says:

This was my favorite show! I am sad.

43. Renee says:

Perfect ending for a great show. All good things must come to an end, we look forward to greater things from Shonda

44. This is a topic that’s close to my heart… Cheers!
    Exactly where are your contact details though?