Bones Sneak Peek: Angela and Hodgins Get an Unwelcome Present From Pelant

Talk about an unpleasant wake-up call: Bones marrieds Angela and Hodgins will discover a dead body in the canopy of their bed in the Jan. 21 episode (Fox, 8/7c), and we’ve got your first look at the horrifying experience.

RELATED | Bones Renewed For Ninth (and Final?) Season

The corpse’s appearance, of course, corresponds with the return of the dastardly Pelant, which sets Booth and Brennan on a race to capture the killer.

“Pelant comes back, directly targeting Hodgins and Angela,” Michaela Conlin tells TVLine. As exec producer Stephen Nathan previously teased, the brilliant baddie “is coming back in a really extreme way. He has somehow gotten himself another identity and has installed himself in a Blackwater-type organization where he has access to military equipment.”

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Tags: ,

Comments (57)

• Can’t wait!!!

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – January 9, 2013 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wish they would vring Zac back.

Comment by faith – January 9, 2013 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree.. I want Zac back, too!!

Comment by Theresa – January 9, 2013 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Agree…Zac could easily catch him

Comment by Lynn – January 9, 2013 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really love. REALLY LOVE Booth being kick ass alpha male! Seriously. We need more of Booth in this mode.

Comment by Amber – January 9, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally. It’s kinda lame when he opens up to Sweets or is angry at Brennan. That’s why I left Bones’ fandom and moved to Castle :)

Comment by Olivia – January 9, 2013 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • OK..Castle fans are getting lazy. Took 1 hour 23 minutes for a post on a Bones article.

Comment by Susan Krisha – January 9, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Used to watch Castle…then I gave up on it. Best decision I ever made

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – January 9, 2013 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Uh … yeah. Because it is so lame when a real man has real feelings and can talk about them like a grown up. Not! I love me some kick ass Booth alpha male too, but what has me coming back to Bones season after season is the growth and emotional development of the characters.

Comment by petradgoode – January 9, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • He needs to stop acting like a whipped puppy

Comment by angel – January 17, 2013 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really HATE Pelant…And not in a love to hate sort of way like I did with that other guy who messed with team Bones(the one who sent Angela the heart)…but in a OMG I HATE this character.

The sooner they get rid of him, the better.

Comment by Josh – January 9, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! My first thought when reading this was ‘please kill him this time!’

Comment by Carm – January 9, 2013 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel the exact same way….enough of him already!!

Comment by Heather S. :) – January 9, 2013 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I disagree, I think like the Gravedigger, Pelant brings out new challenges in the team, and a familiar criminal rather than just different bad guys every week, I love the drama behind the chase of him and can’t wait for it to continue

Comment by Tyler – January 9, 2013 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree. He’s gotta go. Don’t know if I can watch another season of Pelant.

Comment by Lynn – January 9, 2013 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I CAN NOT STAND Pelant either!! It sooo hate him that I really wish TBTB would kill him off.

Comment by Carmen – January 9, 2013 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I could agree with you more.

Comment by Tasha – January 9, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just find the whole unbeatable foe storyline so boring. So I agree, the sooner they finish up with Pelant the better.

Comment by zaza – January 9, 2013 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like Booth and Brennan, and mainly Booth are going to save the day….Cos you know Hodgins will be a jerk and try to get Pelant alone. And that always go so well, snark. Gravedigger anyone? He nearly got Booth killed by going rogue before.

Comment by Amy – January 9, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Run Booth! Run! I do love me some Booth in charge and taking no crap. Going to rock this ep!

Comment by Jess – January 9, 2013 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is that Flynn I spy lying on the ground in photo 6?

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – January 9, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh no, that poor actor is either a bad guy or gets killed and he is so hot. Bring back Flynn, he is interesting to work off Booth.

Comment by Kay – January 9, 2013 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am so excited! Can’t wait to get back to the best show ever. Only the gait of hart can’t handle Bones. And switch to Castle. Only thing I wish is get rid of Gravedigger, and show more of the children, all of them.

Comment by Jeanette Bochmann – January 11, 2013 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, alpha male Boothy to the rescue, now that is interesting.

Comment by Julie – January 9, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have a feeling that Booth isn’t going to trust Hodgins and will be keeping an eye on him. He’s tampered with evidence more than once.

Comment by Julie – January 9, 2013 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hodgins has a history of tampering with evidence and doing whatever heck he wants to do. Putting lives in danger and jepordizing the case. So yes if I was Booth I wouldn’t trust Hodgins one bit either. And should he or Angela even be working the case, it is a conflict of interest.

Comment by Annie – January 9, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Caroline is back!! She is one of my fav guest stars. I love her scenes with Booth. It is tv gold. :)

Comment by Music1 – January 9, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agent Flynn, Reed Diamond is back and it is sooooo nice to see Booth interact with a grown up member of the FBI for a change and somebody whose not an annoying shrink. Or a tween Agent. ;)

Comment by Gems – January 9, 2013 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m tired of this Pelant guy.

Comment by Alia – January 9, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can’t wait

Comment by Kate Middaugh – January 9, 2013 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait so glad we have a season nine coming

Comment by Rosie Rojas – January 9, 2013 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pelant scares the crap out of me… Can’t wait!!

Comment by Christi – January 9, 2013 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This Pellant really creeps me out! I hated it when he framed Bones, I hope they get. Rid of him for good. Max was right when he said this guy needs killing. I don’t want Max to do it though, he needs to be there for his family!

Comment by Geegee – January 9, 2013 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When took Pellant away and he gave that flower to Bones and she threw it out, why did the FBI agent pick it up? I was wondering what he was up to??

Comment by Geegee – January 9, 2013 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • bet FBI guy is helping pellant

Comment by kathy – January 10, 2013 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im kind of sick of this plot. It does nothing for me and easy to tell where it is going to go. I LOVE Bones, but just not sure i want more of him.

Comment by Tasha – January 9, 2013 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Might be “easy to tell where it is going to go”. Its the getting there that’s the fun.

Comment by Susan Krisha – January 9, 2013 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, Please kill Pelant first episode. Would love to see zack again, but I like the guy with the okie accent. My apology for not knowing his name. Why are people choosing between Castle and Bones., I watch both.

Comment by gjewell – January 9, 2013 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wish y’all would be Zac back.

Comment by Laura Flores – January 9, 2013 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like most of the rest of you. The Pelant plot is really the pits! Either kill him off, or have him kill himself! I would hate to see half of the Bones fans shoot their TV sets because of him!! Other than that bring on the new seires!!

Comment by Gwen Stone – January 9, 2013 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best story line since Grave Digger. Can’t wait to see more with this new criminal mastermind!

Comment by Ellen – January 9, 2013 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Most fun I’ve had with a Big Bad since Epps…love it when it gets personal

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – January 9, 2013 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Plz!!!!Plz!!!! Plz!!!! Kill off Sweets!!!! Sick of that big baby!!!!!

Comment by daniece – January 9, 2013 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just goes to show how great the actors are and hiw great this show is, it survived rhe main couples becoming a couple ans the kiss of death for an adult show, having a child. Remember Mad About You.

Comment by Tanya – January 9, 2013 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate Pelant!
    He creeps me out
    I agree…i wish Zack back

I can’t wait and thank god for next season:-)

Comment by Sandra Martinez – January 9, 2013 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hate the character Pelant. Totally unrealistic. That’s another episode of Bones I won’t be watching. He is the reason I didn’t buy S7 DVD and I won’t be buying S8 again. (I have S1-S6).

Comment by jj – January 10, 2013 12:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones is my favorite show of all time. Please don’t let it end. I knew we weren’t done with Pelant. What will happen with Sweets and Daisy? To be honest she got on my nerves. Would love to get Zach back, but I do like Flynn and the blond guy, sorry his name escapes me right now. I can’t wait for it to start. I hate that they split the season like they do. Let’s get us some old school kicking butt Booth going on. Also a guest visit from Dr. Gordon Gordon would be pretty sweet.

Comment by Kelly – January 10, 2013 01:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agree!! Pelant needs to go soon,don’t drag out his storyline,and if he’s gonna stay a few episodes please explain why he switched out the alarm clock,im guessing it is a camera and he’s gonna use the footage for blackmail or something,but just get this storyline over with soon.And what would it hurt to bring in Zack for a cameo or a couple episodes.And yeah,i agree with Kelly, bring back Gordon Gordon,I like the Flynn character too,but think Wendell can go soon too,And if this is the final season,then you must end it with Booth and Bones married,and yes,she does the asking,don’t want to see a finale where she just asks,they need to have a ceremony,and more of Caroline,would be nice,she’s so rough on them,but really think she loves booth like a son.

Comment by Tammy – January 10, 2013 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • When u say Flynn, are you referring to Finn?

Comment by Geegee – January 10, 2013 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • When u say Flynn, are you referring to Finn?
      Finn Abernathy is his name. That’s the only name I can think of as I don’t know of a Flynn. :)

Comment by Geegee – January 10, 2013 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Flynn is the FBI agent that took over the Pelant case when Booth got sidelined. Up in the air if he is a good or bad guy. Finn is a squintern.

Comment by Susan Krisha – January 10, 2013 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • oh, ok.. yeah, I thought that when he picked up the flower that Pellant gave to Brennan, that he was up to something :) thanks:)

Comment by geegee – January 10, 2013 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bring Zach back, even if only for a few episodes- he was my favorite squint! and please let Booth kill Pellant in hand to hand combat! that would be awesome. love this show

Comment by kathy – January 10, 2013 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh,sorry I did mean Finn Abernathy.not the jerk that took over Booths job and picked up that flower,he probably has some connection to Pelant or is working to permanently remove Booth from the FBI or his office,he’s definately up to something.

Comment by Tammy – January 10, 2013 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can I just say that Booth (David ) looks really awesome in the mid run shot to catch Pelant :D

Comment by Keziah Cheung (@keziahwficheung) – January 10, 2013 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can I just say Booth (David ) looks really FBI-y in the mid-run shot while catching Pelant ? Just saying (:

Comment by Keziah Cheung (@keziahwficheung) – January 10, 2013 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate Pelant as well and when they do finally get him they need to kill him immediately no hesitation! he is scum and needs to die but I do love them bringing him back, this episode was sooooo intense and it kept me on the edge of my seat and I cannot wait to see what happens next! I love how they ended the episode with Pelant stitching up his face, he is going to be hell bent on revenge! I don’t want them to drag it out too long either but I don’t think they will, I am glad they brought him back in to this season and I think it will make a good season finale! And I do think it is realistic or should I say possible, it may not all be possible now everything Pelant does but I definitely think it could be in the future. Never underestimate the human mind.

Comment by Dee – January 21, 2013 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post