Bones Sneak Peek: Angela and Hodgins Get an Unwelcome Present From Pelant

Talk about an unpleasant wake-up call: Bones marrieds Angela and Hodgins will discover a dead body in the canopy of their bed in the Jan. 21 episode (Fox, 8/7c), and we’ve got your first look at the horrifying experience.

RELATED | Bones Renewed For Ninth (and Final?) Season

The corpse’s appearance, of course, corresponds with the return of the dastardly Pelant, which sets Booth and Brennan on a race to capture the killer.

“Pelant comes back, directly targeting Hodgins and Angela,” Michaela Conlin tells TVLine. As exec producer Stephen Nathan previously teased, the brilliant baddie “is coming back in a really extreme way. He has somehow gotten himself another identity and has installed himself in a Blackwater-type organization where he has access to military equipment.”

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. madbengalsfan85 says:

Can’t wait!!!

2. Amber says:

I really love. REALLY LOVE Booth being kick ass alpha male! Seriously. We need more of Booth in this mode.

• Olivia says:

Totally. It’s kinda lame when he opens up to Sweets or is angry at Brennan. That’s why I left Bones’ fandom and moved to Castle :)

3. Josh says:

I really HATE Pelant…And not in a love to hate sort of way like I did with that other guy who messed with team Bones(the one who sent Angela the heart)…but in a OMG I HATE this character.

The sooner they get rid of him, the better.

4. Amy says:

Looks like Booth and Brennan, and mainly Booth are going to save the day….Cos you know Hodgins will be a jerk and try to get Pelant alone. And that always go so well, snark. Gravedigger anyone? He nearly got Booth killed by going rogue before.

5. Jess says:

Run Booth! Run! I do love me some Booth in charge and taking no crap. Going to rock this ep!

6. madbengalsfan85 says:

Is that Flynn I spy lying on the ground in photo 6?

• Kay says:

Oh no, that poor actor is either a bad guy or gets killed and he is so hot. Bring back Flynn, he is interesting to work off Booth.

• I am so excited! Can’t wait to get back to the best show ever. Only the gait of hart can’t handle Bones. And switch to Castle. Only thing I wish is get rid of Gravedigger, and show more of the children, all of them.

7. Julie says:

Yes, alpha male Boothy to the rescue, now that is interesting.

8. Julie says:

Have a feeling that Booth isn’t going to trust Hodgins and will be keeping an eye on him. He’s tampered with evidence more than once.

• Annie says:

Hodgins has a history of tampering with evidence and doing whatever heck he wants to do. Putting lives in danger and jepordizing the case. So yes if I was Booth I wouldn’t trust Hodgins one bit either. And should he or Angela even be working the case, it is a conflict of interest.

• Music1 says:

Caroline is back!! She is one of my fav guest stars. I love her scenes with Booth. It is tv gold. :)

• Gems says:

Agent Flynn, Reed Diamond is back and it is sooooo nice to see Booth interact with a grown up member of the FBI for a change and somebody whose not an annoying shrink. Or a tween Agent. ;)

9. Alia says:

I’m tired of this Pelant guy.

10. Rosie Rojas says:

I can’t wait so glad we have a season nine coming

11. Christi says:

Pelant scares the crap out of me… Can’t wait!!

12. Geegee says:

This Pellant really creeps me out! I hated it when he framed Bones, I hope they get. Rid of him for good. Max was right when he said this guy needs killing. I don’t want Max to do it though, he needs to be there for his family!

13. Geegee says:

When took Pellant away and he gave that flower to Bones and she threw it out, why did the FBI agent pick it up? I was wondering what he was up to??

14. Tasha says:

Im kind of sick of this plot. It does nothing for me and easy to tell where it is going to go. I LOVE Bones, but just not sure i want more of him.

15. gjewell says:

Please, Please kill Pelant first episode. Would love to see zack again, but I like the guy with the okie accent. My apology for not knowing his name. Why are people choosing between Castle and Bones., I watch both.

16. Laura Flores says:

Wish y’all would be Zac back.

17. Gwen Stone says:

I feel like most of the rest of you. The Pelant plot is really the pits! Either kill him off, or have him kill himself! I would hate to see half of the Bones fans shoot their TV sets because of him!! Other than that bring on the new seires!!

18. Ellen says:

Best story line since Grave Digger. Can’t wait to see more with this new criminal mastermind!

19. daniece says:

Plz!!!!Plz!!!! Plz!!!! Kill off Sweets!!!! Sick of that big baby!!!!!

20. Tanya says:

Just goes to show how great the actors are and hiw great this show is, it survived rhe main couples becoming a couple ans the kiss of death for an adult show, having a child. Remember Mad About You.

21. Sandra Martinez says:

I hate Pelant!
    He creeps me out
    I agree…i wish Zack back

I can’t wait and thank god for next season:-)

22. jj says:

Hate the character Pelant. Totally unrealistic. That’s another episode of Bones I won’t be watching. He is the reason I didn’t buy S7 DVD and I won’t be buying S8 again. (I have S1-S6).

23. Kelly says:

Bones is my favorite show of all time. Please don’t let it end. I knew we weren’t done with Pelant. What will happen with Sweets and Daisy? To be honest she got on my nerves. Would love to get Zach back, but I do like Flynn and the blond guy, sorry his name escapes me right now. I can’t wait for it to start. I hate that they split the season like they do. Let’s get us some old school kicking butt Booth going on. Also a guest visit from Dr. Gordon Gordon would be pretty sweet.

24. Tammy says:

Agree!! Pelant needs to go soon,don’t drag out his storyline,and if he’s gonna stay a few episodes please explain why he switched out the alarm clock,im guessing it is a camera and he’s gonna use the footage for blackmail or something,but just get this storyline over with soon.And what would it hurt to bring in Zack for a cameo or a couple episodes.And yeah,i agree with Kelly, bring back Gordon Gordon,I like the Flynn character too,but think Wendell can go soon too,And if this is the final season,then you must end it with Booth and Bones married,and yes,she does the asking,don’t want to see a finale where she just asks,they need to have a ceremony,and more of Caroline,would be nice,she’s so rough on them,but really think she loves booth like a son.

25. kathy says:

bring Zach back, even if only for a few episodes- he was my favorite squint! and please let Booth kill Pellant in hand to hand combat! that would be awesome. love this show

26. Tammy says:

oh,sorry I did mean Finn Abernathy.not the jerk that took over Booths job and picked up that flower,he probably has some connection to Pelant or is working to permanently remove Booth from the FBI or his office,he’s definately up to something.

27. Can I just say that Booth (David ) looks really awesome in the mid run shot to catch Pelant :D

28. Can I just say Booth (David ) looks really FBI-y in the mid-run shot while catching Pelant ? Just saying (:

29. Dee says:

I hate Pelant as well and when they do finally get him they need to kill him immediately no hesitation! he is scum and needs to die but I do love them bringing him back, this episode was sooooo intense and it kept me on the edge of my seat and I cannot wait to see what happens next! I love how they ended the episode with Pelant stitching up his face, he is going to be hell bent on revenge! I don’t want them to drag it out too long either but I don’t think they will, I am glad they brought him back in to this season and I think it will make a good season finale! And I do think it is realistic or should I say possible, it may not all be possible now everything Pelant does but I definitely think it could be in the future. Never underestimate the human mind.