Once Upon a Time Sneak Peeks: Rumple Protects Belle from Hook, the Dwarfs Get Homesick

This Sunday on ABC’s Once Upon a Time, if Rumplestiltskin has his way, a certain pirate captain will not get his hooks (or, hook) into beautiful Belle.

VIDEO | TVLine’s Spoiler Alert! Has Scoop on Once Upon a Time’s ‘Manhattan’ Episode

Per ABC’s synopsis for “The Outsider” (which guest-stars Can’t Hardly Wait‘s Ethan Embry as the titular stranger), “Mr. Gold finds an unwilling test subject to see if a spell he has concocted will allow him to cross the border of Storybrooke — without losing his memory — and go in search of his son Bae. Belle, meanwhile, in Storybrooke stumbles upon a vengeful Hook, and in the fairytale land that was works with Mulan to slay a beast called the Yaoguai.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time‘s Winter Premiere: Burning Questions Answered!

In this first clip below, Belle has eluded Hook’s grasp at least once, prompting Rumple to explain his long-standing beef with the buccaneer. The second clip finds Grumpy & Co. expressing to Snow White their desire to return to the Enchanted Forest — wondrous penicillin or no!

Loading video...
Loading video...

1. Darth Pablo says:

Damn the man, Save The Empire!!!

2. Shelley says:

wow….

I so enjoy this show…. and am very curious to see where they go from here….. What’s the new quest…. to go back to the enchanted forest….. hmmmm…… keeping in tune…

3. Britta Unfiltered says:

And now I’m in the mood to watch Can’t Hardly Wait. I don’t think I’ve seen that movie in at least 10 years.

4. Tara says:

After the way Hook hit Belle, Rumpel should just turn him into a stink weed the way he turned Gaston into a rose.

5. Mike says:

I sure hope Mulan will finally become an interesting character, now that she is getting an origin story, I’m doubtful but it is possible. Also I am hoping, maybe not for awhile, but when te show ends, every storybrooke character returns home.

• SAM says:

I agree – it was so disappointing to see how this show turned a spunky, vibrant character like Mulan into a two-dimensional person. I really enjoy the show but the Mulan-Aurora storyline was a snoozer, IMHO.

6. @lindseylyons says:

Just for the record I would have to say That Thing You Do’s Ethan Embry…

7. jonbua says:

Hopefully if Gold goes to Emma to tell her to keep an eye out for Hook, she will put the pieces together and realize Regina’s innocence because there’s no “Hook” without Cora. Still, I’m thinking it’s gonna be late and Regina will go evil all out sooner than later.

8. Nat says:

Rumple kinda skipped a BIG part of the story. Y’know, the part where he murders his wife in cold blood.

9. kat says:

Love the way Rumple leaves out the part where he ripped his wife’s heart out…

• Symce says:

And yet he gets a free pass, while Regina is getting called out on everything. Not saying either of them are saints though, far from it. I’m curious if anyone will put 2 and 2 together with Hook being discovered.

10. Lenn says:

Can’t wait to see Belle’s flashbacks with Mulan!

11. Leslie says:

Very excited for this episode!

12. Southern_Anonymous says:

Highly disappointed. No sneak peeks with Captain Hook. I don’t like the lack of news I’ve seen lately about that character. He’s brought great ratings to the show, but all of a sudden it seems like he’s in parentheses. I don’t know if maybe veteran members of the cast don’t like the attention he’s getting, or if something else is going on, but the heart of the matter is it makes me wonder if maybe they’re winding him down. I hope not. I always liked Once Upon A Time, but loved it when Hook came on board. That’s when I became a fan. If they take Hook away, they’ll take that away (from me) too. I just don’t think I could ever look at this show the same way if he’s not there. It’s like pouring a glass of milk. That’s already good. Then, you put chocolate in it. Now it’s a treat. Then, you pour lemon juice into it. That’s it, it’s ruined. I’m afraid that’s what is about to happen to my favorite show. It’s the lack of Hook buzz that has me afraid of that.

If they did that, I think I’d feel insulted. Writers: Your viewers are human beings, We are not numbers, nor are we your personal play things. Why would you bring us something so wonderful, and then take that away without any thought at all for anyone other than yourself? If that truly is your mind set, then news reports were right. Americans have become more narcisistic. If that’s you, I don’t want to help you be that way, and I won’t watch your show anymore.

• lll says:

Hook is a series regular so the only way he will be gone is if the producers don’t want him anymore.

• ABC says:

You like Hook, but others may not. I don’t think it’s wise to get attached to one character (think Graham and August). Other than Emma, Snow, Charming, Regina, and Mr. Gold, the fairy tale characters are going to cycle. The show has always been that way.

• Oncewatcher says:

There are a whole lot more who do, than those who do not. The producers know that if they’re doing their homework.

• Oncewatcher says:

Too, the “cycle”, revolving door issue takes humanity out of the equation. Like Anonymous said, don’t forget that your viewers are not numbers. We’re human beings. I think you forget that much too often.

• Melissa says:

Yeah, just because the show is that way, doesn’t mean it should be that way. I agree. ABC doesn’t know it’s audience. Other than comedy sitcoms, very few people watch dramas because of the story line. It’s because of the characters. I’m tired of people dying. I like Hook. He’s not my favorite, but I like him. I don’t want him, or anybody to die. Not for a good while. If it’s going to hurt for me to watch Once Upon A Time, then I don’t want to watch it. If Captain Hook dies, I think I’ll probably feel the same way Anonymous does. Why should I watch a show where I dare not get attached to anybody? I don’t want to feel whittled down by my entertainment. Not interested. Thank you.

• Scott says:

Given the way ratings went up when they added Hook, I’d say the numbers speak for themselves

• Shannie G. says:

You can’t possibly be from ABC. If you are, my question is what are you smoking? All of the press, all of the social media, all of the press, and you are saying others may not like Hook? What are you basing that on? 10% of the people who watch your show?

• Andy says:

You know how I know you’re not from ABC, see here is the beauty about computers if you know stuff about them you can find out an IP address from just a simple mindless comment such as this. So I suggest you reveal whom you truly are because you’re NOT from ABC just from looking at your IP address

• Lydia says:

Where is everyone getting that Hook has been cut? It’s been back for all of ONE episode! I think you are overreacting. If you really like Hook, you’ll watch the show whether or not he appears in a 1 minute preview clip. I mean, if your interest is solely based off the previews, how invested in the characters can you be? But if you have watched the show for any length of time, you know that the same character is not the main focus of the episode every single week. Once Upon a Time did not suddenly become “Hook in Maine”. The writers do the episodes, a completely different department is in charge of advertising and promotion, including what clips are distributed. All you know from the clips is that there is a full 2 MINUTES of the next episode with no Hook in sight, although they spend much of the first clip talking about, wait for it, Hook. Geezus.

• . says:

A lot of people who have been hurt in reality, try to cover it up by hiding themselves in a self-made existance without reality, and thus attachments with tv characters that substitute what they think they’re missing in their own lives. Doing that is a very bad idea, because the pain isn’t dealt with. It isn’t gone. It will make itself known again, when an “escape” doesn’t pan out. It’s a set yourself up for a big let down. People aren’t perfect. They make mistakes…whether they’re in your family, or writing for a tv show.

13. BelleRumpleFan says:

Rumbelle! <3

Oh Rumple, when are you going to learn?

14. John says:

I don’t want to think about why Grumpy needs Penecillin so bad…

15. Riddle says:

This show lost it IMO.

• Laura says:

Hook is the only good thing so far this season, but he’s just the gum plugging the hole in a sinking ship. They’ve got to get new writers, or this show won’t make it another two seasons.

16. Gilda says:

He’s so going to come to regret not telling her the whole story.

17. Sarah says:

Pay particular attention to the post dates, and you’ll get an idea of the level of interest. It should be very obvious.