TVLine Items: All My Children Vet Joins Revival, Syfy's Defiance Gets Premiere Date and More!

All My Children SpoilersAll My Children has officially been revived — and so has Dr. Angie Hubbard!

Suds vet Debbi Morgan, who long portrayed the beloved Pine Valley denizen, has joined Prospect Park’s online relaunch of the cancelled soap.

“Ok, I can finally announce how thrilled I am 2 B on board w/the All My Children re-boot & Prospect Park,” Morgan announced via Twitter. “Agnes Nixon, you’re my HERO!!!”

RELATED | All My Children and One Life to Live‘s Return from the Dead: Burning Questions Answered

Elsewhere in AMC alum news, Cameron Mathison (ex-Ryan) took to Facebook to tell fans where he stands on returning to the soap. “4 those asking, I’m not sure if I’ll be part of the new AMC,” he wrote. “I’m lucky to be working these days, so I’m working on the scheduling. Hope so!”

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Syfy’s buzzy new drama series Defiance — which stars Grant Bowler and Julie Benz — will launch Monday, April 15 at 9/8c. Set in a dystopian future, the drama centers on humans and aliens coexisting on a war-ravaged Earth that has been transformed by terra-forming machines.

RELATED | A First Look at Syfy’s Defiance

• The Puppy Bowl is back! Animal Planet will air the canine competition special during the the Super Bowl on Sunday, Feb. 3, from 3 – 5 pm.

• Family Guy creator and upcoming Oscars host Seth McFarlane and The Amazing Spider-Man‘s Emma Stone will announce nominations for this year’s Academy Awards on Thursday, Jan. 10. (The awards ceremony airs Sunday, Feb. 24.)

• Oxygen on Monday announced three new series – Fat Girl Revenge (thinned-down gals seek payback against those who bullied them), Find Me My Man (Miami matchmaker Natalie Clarice helps urban women pair up) and Too Young to Marry (a docuseries about teen couples determined to say “I do,” no matter the opposition) – and ordered a pilot for Propos’d, in which women who nagged their man for a ring get what they wished for, though perhaps not in a way they ever dreamed.

• Logo has ordered a pilot from Cher and Ron Zimmerman (Shake It Up). The icon would act as writer and possible co-star in the ’60s-era Hollywood drama.

• Comedy Central has renewed Workaholics for a fourth and fifth season.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (13)

• Another thing with former fat girls seeking revenge? Why can’t they still be fat, showing that you don’t have to be skinny to be successful AND stick it to twig b*tches? Ugh.

Comment by Emster – January 7, 2013 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Frak yes to this! I’m so tired of the former-fat-girl trope. Some of us are still fat and we’re sucessful and awesome and hella strong from the torment that’s been dished at us over the years.

Comment by mia – January 7, 2013 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’d be healthier if you weren’t fat. Being fat is not something to aspire to or be happy about. That’s probably why the show is about FORMER fat people!

Comment by Alex – January 7, 2013 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Twig” b*tches? For real? How would you like it if I called a fat person a tub of lard or a whale? Yet you think it’s fine to call a thin person a “twig”? Really, what is wrong with you?

Comment by Alex – January 7, 2013 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I have to agree with Alex! Being fat is a known fact to be unhealthy and most likely leads to disease and early death. Overeating is awful for your body and no exercise is even worse. It’s hard work to get thin so why not celebrate it when they do! You don’t want to work hard and watch what you eat fine but don’t complain about people who do and call them ‘Twig Bitches’

Comment by Jason – January 7, 2013 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Seriously guys, that isn’t the point. Everyone knows being fat isn’t healthy. No one is disputing that or, as Alex said, “aspiring” to it. I think what Emster and mia are saying is that a show about people changing so they have enough pride in themselves to stand up to former bullies might send the wrong message to all the people who struggle to love who they are to begin with. None of us have seen the show so we don’t know how it will be portrayed, so maybe chill out a little bit before we get into a debate about healthy bodies v. healthy body images. Also, “twig b*itches” is a quote from the movie “Pitch Perfect.”

Comment by Lyria – January 7, 2013 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A Cher drama? I am so there.

Comment by shump – January 7, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad Debbie Morgan has signed on for the AMC revival. Maybe more actors will follow her.

Comment by Scottyb – January 7, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Welcome, Angie! I could do without Ryan but at this point I’d probably take just about any of them! (except Erica and Dixie). Now, can we just please have it back on our tv screens? Pretty please?

Comment by april-ann – January 7, 2013 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I can see is the Seer when I look at Debbi Morgan :)) Loved her on Charmed

Comment by Ed – January 7, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Debbie Morgan looks fabulous! She is an extremely talented ageless actress. Glad to see her back on TV.

Comment by tvdiva – January 7, 2013 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited that Debbi Morgan’s signed on! I hope that between her signing and Vincent Irrizary doing so, it means a lot of the other prinicpal actors from the show return as well -namely Michael E. Knight because we need the Martins represented! And perhaps David Canary since he lives near where they will be filming, maybe he’ll make a return – how great would that be?! We need the Chandlers too after all!

This is great news…I’m so happy the show’s coming back, even if it will only be online…

Comment by Tess – January 7, 2013 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so thrilled that AMC is returning. I’ve missed it so much. I ‘m so glad Debbi is returning as well. I’m in hopes that more of the cast joins her. Can’t wait.

Comment by Billie Snyder – January 25, 2013 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post