Revolution: 6 Electrifying Scoops on What's to Come! Plus — Watch the Spring Trailer!

Get More: Scoop, TCA Press Tour

Revolution_midfinale_300The cast and crew of NBC’s Revolution gathered Sunday at the Television Critics Association’s winter press tour in Pasadena, and they dropped some scoop about the show’s return, as well as a new trailer!

RELATED | NBC Execs Talk Revolution Hiatus, Plan for ‘Unique’ Hannibal, The Voice Concerns and More

Neville’s not staying trapped in the closet for long. A sneak peek at the show’s March 25 reveals the malicious captain and his own son, Nate, arguing over the war with the rebels – “We’re butchering them,” the latter says – and swinging fists. Will the young fighter switch sides? He does come face-to-face with Charlie and tells her, “I’m done lying.” Meanwhile, Rachel’s got the line of the promo: “Monroe has power. Let’s get some of our own.”

Executive producers J.J. Abrams and Eric Kripke aren’t concerned about the show’s four-month hiatus. In fact, when the idea came up to relaunch the series with fewer repeats, “I was enormously relieved because I felt like we were getting to a place for the viewer where it would be the best possible show,” said Abrams. The break also gave the EPs “the ability to take a breath, look at what we’ve done and really analyze it,” added Kripke. “I think we did a lot of things right. But I felt like we could pick up the pace of the stunning revelations.” On that note, expect “more revelations” as the writers focus on “making [the show] more shocking more often,” teased Kripke, who described the second half of the season as “its own continuous piece that is bigger and better and even more exciting.”

The March premiere will pick up exactly where the winter finale left off — with Monroe’s choppers. “Giving him power was more about making him an unstoppable force,” said Kripke. “We start to deliver on the promise of the title. The revolution begins.”

Although the war will be going strong, the heart of the series remains a character-driven story that explores the question, Can the Matheson family “stick together in the face of these overwhelming odds and danger? And can you maintain your soul when you’re a warrior?” explained Kripke.

Has too much power been turned on for the premise of the show to remain intact? “Power is possible, but will it remain on constantly all the time too early? Based on what Eric’s pitched to us, the answer is no,” replied Abrams.

The end of Season 1 has been mapped out and Kripke has a sense of what he wants future seasons to be like, but he admits that they’re “cocktail napkin sketches” that leave room for change. “Because [the world is] so expansive,” he added, “there’s no end to the stories we can tell.”

Comments (27)

• I love TCA season and Team TVLine. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year for me.

Comment by Rob – January 6, 2013 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks TVLine for being so dedicated! I’m loving the TCA coverage.

Comment by Heather – January 6, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ahhh :) can’t wait for this show to come back!

Comment by Elyse – January 6, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks TVLine for making your content available even in the cold white North! Can’t wait for this show to come back! Great trailer and great teases from Kripke!

Comment by Lisa – January 6, 2013 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It started slow, but the last three episodes unleashed the potential of this show, awesome! I can’t wait, come back, Revolution!

Comment by David – January 6, 2013 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of my favorite shows! I’m anticipating the return and love this info, thanks!

Comment by Abbey – January 6, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of my favorite shows!

Comment by Sarah – January 6, 2013 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, make the show have more shocking revelations and revealing shocks. Like maybe Monroe is Charlie’s father, Neville is Charlie’s father, Nate is Rachel’s son, Miles is Nate’s father, Miles is Charlie’s father or Nate is Charlie’s brother. And have an explosion before every commercial. And add a young hip kid with sunglasses and a skateboard to be Charlie’s sidekick, with a really catchy catchphrase like “Ey, who turned out the lights?”

Comment by Plum – January 6, 2013 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The show is Shockingly Boring. And Annoying. With a boring, annoying cast. By the third episode, I was shocked how bored and annoyed I was. :) This show is almost as bad as that stupid Spielberg Dinasaur flop… Terra Bora.

Comment by Alienate – January 6, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I came back for the finale to see if it got any better and by the end of the episode when the helicopters took to the air, I was rooting for the copters to shoot them all (note this was pre Sandy Hook, so it didn’t sound as bad then and also these are fictional characters). Especially kill off the mom, so that poor actress can get on a decent show already.

Comment by moobear – January 6, 2013 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I liked the premise of the show but was so put off by the actress playing Charlie [IMO she's not an actress], that i gave up on it.

Comment by Templar – January 6, 2013 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I liked the premise of the show too, still do I think but it’s difficult for me to get over the acting of the Charlie actress, she should be put in the corner somewhere and just look pretty. The problem is that she’s really central to the story, so many of the story lines revolve around her, maybe they should just recast?
          I’ll stick around for the rest of the season as I’m intrigued by some of the stories, especially Monroe, Miles and Rachel, hopefully Charlie will get marginalized and her screen time can be given to Giancarlo Esposito, who can really act!

Comment by Neptunia – January 6, 2013 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Same here, I got through the second episode and there were moments in there where her acting was so bad I went stank faced in disgust and got pulled out of the show.

Comment by Ty – January 7, 2013 02:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I will add that it’s possible she will get better over time. It can’t get much worse, so hope springs eternal.

Comment by Ty – January 7, 2013 02:22 AM PDT
      • I wonder if your name is actually a verb?

Comment by Heather – January 6, 2013 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Elizabeth Mitchell & Billy Burke!

Comment by Ella – January 6, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wholeheartedly agree :)

Comment by Malwee – January 6, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show, but I’m really put off by them…putting it off. Most likely I’ll just record the remaining episodes and watch them in the summer.

Comment by Renee – January 6, 2013 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish they’d taken the time to look at what they’ve done and realize that most of it was complete nonsense. I want to like the show. Kripke created one of the most awesome shows ever with Supernatural. But so much of Revolution just doesn’t make sense and seems to be born out of writer laziness rather than imagining what the world would really be like in that situation.

Comment by Drew – January 6, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The finale was amazing, to say the least. Monroe was Emmy-worthy. Can’t wait for the show’s return.

Comment by John – January 7, 2013 02:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just read on tvbythenumbers that they REDUCED Revolution’s episode count by 2. NBC takes it off the air for 4 months AND reduces the number of episodes. Why are they even bothering to pretend they want this show to succeed? They can say anything they want, but their actions are contradicting their words.

Comment by Renee – January 7, 2013 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Revolution!! Can’t wait for it to come back on…. keep it coming!!

Comment by Virginia – January 7, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I CANNOT WAIT!!! Love this series.

Comment by Vannesa – January 7, 2013 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Charlie actress is wretched, but then the role is so poorly written! It’s obvious that she’s supposed to be a Katniss yet her skills are minimal. And how could anybody be such spoiled whiny brats as both Charlie and her brother, given that they grew up in the country with no power? The dead weight on possibly a super show.

Comment by Morgus the Magnificent – January 21, 2013 01:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show is doomed. it will be cancelled long before we find out why the power went off and where the 12 ‘broaches’ are and how they work. This is just Flashforward with a different premise. They will need to wrap it up quite soon or the anger will explode!

Comment by john – March 28, 2013 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post