Modern Family Exclusive: Wendi McLendon-Covey to Return – But There's a Twist!

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Wendi McLendon-Covey Modern FamilyThe Cam-Pam rematch is on!

TVLine has learned exclusively that Bridesmaids funny lady Wendi McLendon-Covey will reprise her Modern Family role as Cam’s lesbian nemesis Pam later this season — but she’ll be without her better half, played by Michaela Watkins.

PHOTOS | Modern Family First Look: Jay Befriends a Star Wars Vet!

This time around, Cam and Claire recruit contractor Pam to assist them with their house renovation/flipping project. “I think Cam has some ideas about the restoration, and he’s fighting [about it] with Claire,” explains McLendon-Covey. “So they get Pam involved.

“We’ll see how my contracting skills are,” the actress adds with a laugh. “We’ll see how comfortable I look with a hammer in my hand!”

Also on deck for McLendon-Covey: A three-episode return to CBS’ Rules of Engagement, which kicks off its seventh season on Feb. 4.

Comments (10)

• love WMcL-C! wish MW could be back with her.

Comment by cjeffery7 – January 4, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Worst abreviations ever. How hard was that for you? It looks like the serial number to my toaster.
      But yes, I agree.

Comment by B – January 4, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just thought that I’d point out that the name of Michaela Watkins’ character was Susan, but at one point in the article you refer to Wendi McLendon-Covey’s character as Susan instead of Pam.

Comment by Taylor – January 4, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish baby Lily # 1 would come back and they switch it up like they did Becky on Roseanne!

Comment by Mike – January 4, 2013 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really? I love Lily #2! She has so much personality. Lily #1 had none, in my opinion.

Comment by DL – January 4, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I have to give you that, she was so cute though!

Comment by Mike – January 4, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • they dropped lily #1 because the two kids were a nightmare to work with apparently and the parents didnt want them to do it anymore. anyway new lily is much better and is an actually part of storylines now rather than set dressing that was forgotten about when she was mute.

Comment by Alan – January 4, 2013 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait, Rules of Engagement is about to have its seventh season? I thought that show was on the verge of getting canceled. It kept moving times and days for other shows. I am glad it is still on. I will have to catch up.

Comment by Hannah – January 4, 2013 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I want to know is when Pam is getting her own spin-off.

Comment by Jordan – January 5, 2013 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post