Exclusive

Modern Family Exclusive: Wendi McLendon-Covey to Return – But There's a Twist!

Wendi McLendon-Covey Modern FamilyThe Cam-Pam rematch is on!

TVLine has learned exclusively that Bridesmaids funny lady Wendi McLendon-Covey will reprise her Modern Family role as Cam’s lesbian nemesis Pam later this season — but she’ll be without her better half, played by Michaela Watkins.

PHOTOS | Modern Family First Look: Jay Befriends a Star Wars Vet!

This time around, Cam and Claire recruit contractor Pam to assist them with their house renovation/flipping project. “I think Cam has some ideas about the restoration, and he’s fighting [about it] with Claire,” explains McLendon-Covey. “So they get Pam involved.

“We’ll see how my contracting skills are,” the actress adds with a laugh. “We’ll see how comfortable I look with a hammer in my hand!”

Also on deck for McLendon-Covey: A three-episode return to CBS’ Rules of Engagement, which kicks off its seventh season on Feb. 4.

1. cjeffery7 says:

love WMcL-C! wish MW could be back with her.

2. Taylor says:

I just thought that I’d point out that the name of Michaela Watkins’ character was Susan, but at one point in the article you refer to Wendi McLendon-Covey’s character as Susan instead of Pam.

3. Mike says:

I wish baby Lily # 1 would come back and they switch it up like they did Becky on Roseanne!

• DL says:

Really? I love Lily #2! She has so much personality. Lily #1 had none, in my opinion.

• Alan says:

they dropped lily #1 because the two kids were a nightmare to work with apparently and the parents didnt want them to do it anymore. anyway new lily is much better and is an actually part of storylines now rather than set dressing that was forgotten about when she was mute.

4. Hannah says:

Wait, Rules of Engagement is about to have its seventh season? I thought that show was on the verge of getting canceled. It kept moving times and days for other shows. I am glad it is still on. I will have to catch up.

5. Jordan says:

All I want to know is when Pam is getting her own spin-off.