Once Upon a Time First Look: Is [Spoiler] a Goner?! And Who's Responsible?

Get More: Previews, Video

Is a killer lurking in Once Upon a Time‘s Storybrooke haven?

In the following video from this Sunday’s episode (ABC, 8/7c), Emma and Henry’s bonding time — the kid’s reaction to his mom’s ogre-filled adventures: “Awesome!” — is interrupted by a bearer of bad news. After following a doggy trail, the reinstated sheriff and Ruby discover the body of one of the town’s residents, and this was no natural circumstances death.

VIDEO | Once Upon a Time Sneak Peeks: Regina Gets the Big Chill… and Demands [Spoiler]‘s Death!

But who’s responsible for the dastardly deed? As the episode description reveals, Regina becomes the prime suspect, but Emma’s not so convinced she did it.

Press PLAY to watch the sneak peek, and then hit the comments with your thoughts/theories.

Loading video...

Comments (59)

• come on. no way.

Comment by Michael Sacal – January 3, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe Frankenstein can bring him back, lol.

Would it help if the audience clapped, or does that only work for faeries?

Comment by Michael Sacal – January 3, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Seriously, killing off random character is NOT going to give you The Walking Dead ratings. Quit trying!

Comment by Guest – January 3, 2013 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show’s starting to kill off people at the drop of a hat :(

Comment by Alice – January 3, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not really… The last regular/recurring actor they killed was Graham. The rest have all been one-two episode guest stars.

Comment by Zach – January 3, 2013 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jiminy Cricket (Pinocchio), Maleficent, Prince Phillip (Sleeping Beauty), Gaston (Beauty and the Beast), the 8th Dwarf (Really?), Lancelot (Don’t even get me started on that one), etc: Do they honestly believe this makes them the next Lost? It only makes it stupid, IMO

Comment by TV fan – January 3, 2013 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Jiminy is Archie Hopper not Pinocchio. August is Pinocchio and he’s not dead. Archie is only slightly dead. Maleficent will rise from the ashes of the slain dragon. No one saw Lancelot dead, so we only have Cora’s word on that. Gaston served his purpose and won’t be missed. Ditto for Rumpy’s wife. This is all JMO, of course.

Comment by Templar – January 3, 2013 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t think TV Fan was calling Jiminy Pinocchio, they were noting that as the story he’s from. Such as he did for Gaston (Beauty and the Beast).

Comment by Lena120 – January 3, 2013 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • :) Thanks for this. ITA.

We don’t know for sure Archie is dead, we can’t take a two minute clip as the whole episode. Of course the 8th dwarf dies, it’s not Snow White and the 8 dwarfs. Sure having an 8th dwarf was kind of silly, but it did give us Grumpy’s line of “I miss Stealthy.”

Gaston’s death I think was meant to be more of a joke than anything. They’ve already said Philip ain’t dead and Lancelot is most likely not dead, no body no death. Same with Maleficent. I didn’t see hear body, did you?

Comment by Kandice Sedlacek – January 5, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I assume dead Archie is really shape shifting Cora pretending to be dead. She faked death in Fairyland. Or it could be Hook who was shape shifted by Cora. Real Archie will be kidnapped. Actually I hope it is something different as this would be too similar to what happened in Season 1 to David’s wife where Mary Margret go the blame.

Comment by Gail – January 6, 2013 11:06 AM PDT
      • So you’re taking Cora at her word that Lancelot is dead? I’m not. I don’t think he is.

Phillip isn’t dead. His soul was sucked out by the wraith, but he’s not dead.

And we don’t know for sure yet that Jiminy is really dead, even from this clip.

Comment by Mary – January 3, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • ^This. Plus, Maleficent did die in Sleeping Beauty, so it’s not like she was going to have a happily ever after anyway.

Comment by Catherine – January 4, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poor Archie. Obviously Ruby means Regina because she will have seen Regina and Archie together last.

Comment by xav – January 3, 2013 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This episodes looks great.. Feel bad for archie though, wonder who did it. Once upon a time is an awezome show.. Can´t wait to see the whole thing.

Comment by Joanna – January 3, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am pretty sure we will find out somehow he turned into a cricket.

Comment by Azerty – January 3, 2013 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kinda figured this was coming. The guy went from a series regular to barely appearing in any episodes

Comment by gary – January 3, 2013 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Something has to be off since I think the producers in an interview said that Belle actually helps Archie later on this year.

Comment by Abby – January 3, 2013 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • cora probably took his heart, which can be placed back, no?

Comment by Sammy the K (@hkmadman) – January 3, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It really is amazing how easily organs hop in and out of bodies in fairy tale world.

Comment by Lydia – January 3, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mulan put Aurora’s heart back, so yes it is possible. But they would have to find his heart, if that is what happened.

Comment by Mary – January 3, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If he is actually dead on the ground with no pulse then that would mean his heart was most likely crushed.

Comment by zacqua10 – January 3, 2013 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Who says that’s really Jiminy? Cora impersonated Lancelot and she probably knows a spell to make it look like she’s dead that probably ends after a certain amount of time.

Comment by Mary – January 3, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • When Hook took out Aurora’s heart, she was still able to be alive, but Hook was able to control her. I think Cora actually crushed his heart which Hook did not do or did some type of magic because his heart stopped beating so I think he is dead.

Comment by lindsey – January 4, 2013 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe or we have another sleeping curse on our hands. Snow had no breath or pulse after she ate the apple. Archie may not be dead… I’m guessing not.

Comment by Kandice Sedlacek – January 5, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If they die in Storybrooke do they die in fairy land as well?

Comment by Ezzy Klein – January 3, 2013 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Pretend it is “The Matrix” If you die in one world, you die in the other.

Comment by Holly – January 3, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He only exists in Storybrooke. Him in FTL is the past.

Comment by xav – January 3, 2013 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m pretty sure this was either Cora or Hook… Most likely Cora, but of course right now everyone believes it to be Regina’s doing..

Comment by Holly – January 3, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why would Regina kill Archie, I understand she is the evil queen and all, but what would be her motive. I don’t think she has one. It must be someone else, but I also believe he will live,maybe he is turning into a cricket.

Comment by Mike – January 3, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No one will know that she has been working with him to stop using magic, so they will think it was her. Most likely, it is actually Cora who killed him, because he was helping Regina to quit using Magic. Damn, I was hoping Archie would get a new story soon, but not like this. :(

Comment by David B Smith – January 3, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • None. It wasn’t her.

Comment by ihr – January 3, 2013 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly, but she still gets accused, I’m wondering what the town has on Regina to even believe it was her.

Comment by Mike – January 3, 2013 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emma looks so different!!- I think I like it?

Comment by Steph – January 3, 2013 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I like that she is finally going back to her natural hair color. It threw me when she went platinum blonde way back on House.

Comment by Amy – January 3, 2013 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • well she’s finally showered and changed clothes and maybe hit the salon. ;)

Comment by Kandice Sedlacek – January 5, 2013 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like the writers left Kaidan with the bomb on Virmire!

Comment by Commander Shepard – January 3, 2013 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This made my day.

Comment by Mike – January 3, 2013 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh my god, I just laughed so hard at this

Comment by Kaidan Alenko – January 3, 2013 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If he is dead I bet it was King George that did it. I highly doubt it was Regina since she’s trying to clean her slate.

I actually teared up watching this. At the beginning, I hated Archie, but the adorkable little guy really grew on me.

Comment by Jordan – January 3, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone think that maybe it’s Ruby or maybe even Rumpy?

Comment by Ezzy Klein – January 3, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why couldn’t it be Cora? Or Hook.

Comment by Sara – January 3, 2013 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s only mostly dead. Get Miracle Max on the horn. He can fix him.

Comment by Sarah – January 3, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Some pretty great acting by Pongo… Let’s hope for more of him :D

Comment by H-Girl – January 3, 2013 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • French fries for breakfast?

Comment by SAM – January 3, 2013 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I noticed this too but it looks to me like Henry has waffles.

Comment by Jennifer – January 3, 2013 11:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking that too.

Comment by lindsey – January 4, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ha! I thought the same thing, but then I remembered I’m not a big breakfast food person, so I’ve done the same thing. lol

Comment by Kandice Sedlacek – January 5, 2013 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I KNEW IT!!! I SO KNEW IT!!!!

Comment by Katie Bienvenue – January 3, 2013 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not sure if this intentional or sloppiness but the office door was only open a crack. If we assume that Pongo had been in the office with Archie, then the door had to have been closed after he ran out. It’s possible that it could have been a draft. It’s also possible that I watch too many crime shows.

Comment by Jennifer – January 3, 2013 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if a shirtless Captain Hook is asking too much?

Comment by Disastrous – January 4, 2013 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d rather see a Hookless shirt than a shirtless Hook.

Comment by sara – January 4, 2013 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wonder if maybe asking if it could be added to the script asap is asking to much?

Comment by Avaira – January 8, 2013 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only thing I am disappointed is that I have not once been shocked when a main character dies yet in this show- Graham was obvious and Archie i mean they showed it right in the clip. I really liked the scene where Cora was about to take Snow’s heart but instead Emma saved her. That was suspenseful and wasn’t predictable .

Comment by lindsey – January 4, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • UR ALL REALLY DUMB

Comment by Natsha! – February 3, 2013 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • cora did it murder jimmy crickert and that he is alive is hold capture by cora and hook in his ship and i can’t wait to watch next episodes of once upon a time

ruth