Once Upon a Time First Look: Is [Spoiler] a Goner?! And Who's Responsible?

Is a killer lurking in Once Upon a Time‘s Storybrooke haven?

In the following video from this Sunday’s episode (ABC, 8/7c), Emma and Henry’s bonding time — the kid’s reaction to his mom’s ogre-filled adventures: “Awesome!” — is interrupted by a bearer of bad news. After following a doggy trail, the reinstated sheriff and Ruby discover the body of one of the town’s residents, and this was no natural circumstances death.

VIDEO | Once Upon a Time Sneak Peeks: Regina Gets the Big Chill… and Demands [Spoiler]‘s Death!

But who’s responsible for the dastardly deed? As the episode description reveals, Regina becomes the prime suspect, but Emma’s not so convinced she did it.

Press PLAY to watch the sneak peek, and then hit the comments with your thoughts/theories.

Loading video...

1. Alice says:

This show’s starting to kill off people at the drop of a hat :(

• Zach says:

Not really… The last regular/recurring actor they killed was Graham. The rest have all been one-two episode guest stars.

• TV fan says:

Jiminy Cricket (Pinocchio), Maleficent, Prince Phillip (Sleeping Beauty), Gaston (Beauty and the Beast), the 8th Dwarf (Really?), Lancelot (Don’t even get me started on that one), etc: Do they honestly believe this makes them the next Lost? It only makes it stupid, IMO

• Templar says:

Jiminy is Archie Hopper not Pinocchio. August is Pinocchio and he’s not dead. Archie is only slightly dead. Maleficent will rise from the ashes of the slain dragon. No one saw Lancelot dead, so we only have Cora’s word on that. Gaston served his purpose and won’t be missed. Ditto for Rumpy’s wife. This is all JMO, of course.

• Lena120 says:

I don’t think TV Fan was calling Jiminy Pinocchio, they were noting that as the story he’s from. Such as he did for Gaston (Beauty and the Beast).

• :) Thanks for this. ITA.

We don’t know for sure Archie is dead, we can’t take a two minute clip as the whole episode. Of course the 8th dwarf dies, it’s not Snow White and the 8 dwarfs. Sure having an 8th dwarf was kind of silly, but it did give us Grumpy’s line of “I miss Stealthy.”

Gaston’s death I think was meant to be more of a joke than anything. They’ve already said Philip ain’t dead and Lancelot is most likely not dead, no body no death. Same with Maleficent. I didn’t see hear body, did you?

• Gail says:

I assume dead Archie is really shape shifting Cora pretending to be dead. She faked death in Fairyland. Or it could be Hook who was shape shifted by Cora. Real Archie will be kidnapped. Actually I hope it is something different as this would be too similar to what happened in Season 1 to David’s wife where Mary Margret go the blame.

• Mary says:

So you’re taking Cora at her word that Lancelot is dead? I’m not. I don’t think he is.

Phillip isn’t dead. His soul was sucked out by the wraith, but he’s not dead.

And we don’t know for sure yet that Jiminy is really dead, even from this clip.

• Catherine says:

^This. Plus, Maleficent did die in Sleeping Beauty, so it’s not like she was going to have a happily ever after anyway.

2. xav says:

Poor Archie. Obviously Ruby means Regina because she will have seen Regina and Archie together last.

3. Joanna says:

This episodes looks great.. Feel bad for archie though, wonder who did it. Once upon a time is an awezome show.. Can´t wait to see the whole thing.

4. Azerty says:

I am pretty sure we will find out somehow he turned into a cricket.

5. gary says:

Kinda figured this was coming. The guy went from a series regular to barely appearing in any episodes

6. Abby says:

Something has to be off since I think the producers in an interview said that Belle actually helps Archie later on this year.

7. cora probably took his heart, which can be placed back, no?

• Lydia says:

It really is amazing how easily organs hop in and out of bodies in fairy tale world.

• Mary says:

Mulan put Aurora’s heart back, so yes it is possible. But they would have to find his heart, if that is what happened.

• zacqua10 says:

If he is actually dead on the ground with no pulse then that would mean his heart was most likely crushed.

• Mary says:

Who says that’s really Jiminy? Cora impersonated Lancelot and she probably knows a spell to make it look like she’s dead that probably ends after a certain amount of time.

• lindsey says:

When Hook took out Aurora’s heart, she was still able to be alive, but Hook was able to control her. I think Cora actually crushed his heart which Hook did not do or did some type of magic because his heart stopped beating so I think he is dead.

• Maybe or we have another sleeping curse on our hands. Snow had no breath or pulse after she ate the apple. Archie may not be dead… I’m guessing not.

8. Ezzy Klein says:

If they die in Storybrooke do they die in fairy land as well?

9. Holly says:

I’m pretty sure this was either Cora or Hook… Most likely Cora, but of course right now everyone believes it to be Regina’s doing..

10. Mike says:

Why would Regina kill Archie, I understand she is the evil queen and all, but what would be her motive. I don’t think she has one. It must be someone else, but I also believe he will live,maybe he is turning into a cricket.

• No one will know that she has been working with him to stop using magic, so they will think it was her. Most likely, it is actually Cora who killed him, because he was helping Regina to quit using Magic. Damn, I was hoping Archie would get a new story soon, but not like this. :(

• ihr says:

None. It wasn’t her.

11. Steph says:

Emma looks so different!!- I think I like it?

12. Commander Shepard says:

Looks like the writers left Kaidan with the bomb on Virmire!

13. Jordan says:

If he is dead I bet it was King George that did it. I highly doubt it was Regina since she’s trying to clean her slate.

I actually teared up watching this. At the beginning, I hated Archie, but the adorkable little guy really grew on me.

14. Ezzy Klein says:

Anyone think that maybe it’s Ruby or maybe even Rumpy?

15. Sarah says:

He’s only mostly dead. Get Miracle Max on the horn. He can fix him.

16. H-Girl says:

Some pretty great acting by Pongo… Let’s hope for more of him :D

17. SAM says:

French fries for breakfast?

18. I KNEW IT!!! I SO KNEW IT!!!!

19. Jennifer says:

Not sure if this intentional or sloppiness but the office door was only open a crack. If we assume that Pongo had been in the office with Archie, then the door had to have been closed after he ran out. It’s possible that it could have been a draft. It’s also possible that I watch too many crime shows.

20. Disastrous says:

I wonder if a shirtless Captain Hook is asking too much?

21. lindsey says:

The only thing I am disappointed is that I have not once been shocked when a main character dies yet in this show- Graham was obvious and Archie i mean they showed it right in the clip. I really liked the scene where Cora was about to take Snow’s heart but instead Emma saved her. That was suspenseful and wasn’t predictable .

22. Natsha! says:

UR ALL REALLY DUMB

23. boston mA says:

cora did it murder jimmy crickert and that he is alive is hold capture by cora and hook in his ship and i can’t wait to watch next episodes of once upon a time

ruth