Adam Levine to Host Saturday Night Live

Adam levine Hosts Saturday Night LiveSpin your chair around, because you’re probably gonna want to see this one: Recording artist and The Voice coach Adam Levine is set to make his debut as a Saturday Night Live host.

Having served as an SNL musical guest on previous occasions (as frontman for Maroon 5), Levine this time will “simply” lord over Studio 8H on Jan. 26, one week after Jennifer Lawrence (The Hunger Games) hosts the long-running NBC sketch series.

RELATED | Saturday Night Live Poll: Who Are This Season’s MVPs?

Levine’s musical guest for the evening will be hip-hop artist Kendrick Lamar, whose debut album good kid, m.A.A.d city was released in October and promptly went gold.

How do you think Levine will do as host? Hit the comments with your predictions/suggested sketches.

Comments (14)

• I love Adam, but it should’ve been Blake… come on, NBC!!!

Comment by AnaB – January 3, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lmao, this is going to be a mess. He was awful on AHS… don’t see him being any better in comedy (especially the cringe-worthy scripts SNL does these days).

Comment by Warren – January 3, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s so pretty to look at! Can’t wait to watch him for 90 mins on SNL.

Comment by shwetasays – January 3, 2013 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please oh please let Blake Shelton show up. And do a Voice parody where they play each other.

Comment by Deena – January 3, 2013 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be hilarious actually lol

Comment by Taylor – January 3, 2013 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Adam, but I don’t think he has the acting/comedic chops to pull this off.. He may surprise us, but I doubt it.

Comment by Christine – January 3, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Kendrick Lamar!…that’s all I got.

Comment by Amber – January 3, 2013 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Adam but he isn’t going to top Bruno Mars’ stint as host and musical guest. The “Sad Mouse” short and “Pandora” sketch are still fresh in my mind. Best of luck to Adam though.

Comment by niks – January 3, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He is such an attention whore and he criticizes Honey Boo Boo…he is Honey Boo Boo

Comment by Coolio Jackson – January 3, 2013 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How is he Honey Boo Boo? That makes no sense. He\ll still be making music by the time that little runt in 15, whereas she will likely be pregnant, in rehab or dead.

Comment by TV Gord – January 3, 2013 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont care for his acting skill at all….just appear with that face and voice of an angel , my life is complete for this month! Best new year gift ever! Adam actually is the funny guy (in kinda childish way)..it’s cute!

Comment by MysterySultan (@mysterysultan) – January 3, 2013 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, I will admit that “Iran So Far” is one of my favorite digital shorts, but I have low expectations. Adam Levine could follow either Justin Timberlake or Bruno Mars and I hope for him he has Justin Timberlake’s hosting success. You need to be naturally good at improve to do well on this show. Just being a little funny doesn’t cut it. The writers can’t carry you.

Comment by Hannah – January 3, 2013 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know about all you new Maroon 5 band wagoners who only enjoy the band because you have the hots for Adam, but I have loved the band since they first started releasing music in the early ’00s and I think he could be good on a show like SNL based on older interviews the band did on talk shows. He has a raunchy, childish humor but I don’t see what’s wrong with that and being on SNL. Give him a chance before you all go immediately judging him

Comment by Kouba – January 3, 2013 11:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And yet we have no Joel McHale, or someone like Jane Krakowski to promote the 30 Rock finale. Ugh.

Comment by Mar – January 4, 2013 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post