TVLine Items: Downton Abbey Dame Visits Once, Doctor Who Holiday Ratings Surge and More!

Once Upon a Time Season 2 SpoilersOnce Upon a Time‘s already internationally flavoured cast is adding another dash of British flair, via Downton Abbey‘s Lesley Nicol.

TVLine has learned that the Manchester-born actress, who plays beloved head cook Mrs. Patmore on the acclaimed PBS series, will guest-star on ABC’s fantastical drama later this season as someone who “has a special connection to the Snow White family.”

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Scoop on Two Returns and a New Episode Title

Nicol’s guest-casting comes on the heels of Sonequa Martin-Green (The Walking Dead) booking a multi-episode role as the mysterious “Tamara.”

Once resumes its sophomore run this Sunday at 8/7c. Want more scoop on Once, or for any other show? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Maybe, maybe you heard about the Kim Kardashian/Kanye West baby over the holidays. If so, the question is: Is the wee one destined to be a reality-TV star the instant s/he enters the world? Depends on to who you speak. Although E! boss Suzanne Kolb told The Hollywood Reporter, “We look forward to sharing the joy” of Kim K’s first go at motherhood, sources tell TMZ that the unwed parents are resolved to keep the tot away from the cameras, not even allowing a “Kim Gives Birth”-type special. Is this where we say thank you?

• The numbers are in, and Doctor Who: The Snowmen delivered a ratings record for BBC America last week, premiering to 807,000 viewers in the 25-54 demo (up 60 percent from last year’s yuletide special). In total viewers, Snowmen drew 1.43 mil, up 54 percent from 2011 and representing BBCA’s largest audience since the Doctor‘s Season 7 opener.

RELATED | Arrested Development‘s Episode Order Grows

Arrested Development‘s fourth season will hit Netflix this spring, but it may not be on May 4, as was reported across the interwebs last weekend. A rep for the streaming site tells TVLine that the leaked info — which also included the names of 14 new installments — “wasn’t accurate.”

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (19)

• Nothing wrong with blending my two fave shows OUAT & DA. I t amazes me how different the ladies from DA look when they are out of costume and character. Love Lesley Nichol.

Comment by Templar – January 2, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with everything you just said

Comment by Ella – January 2, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excited to see Mrs. Patmore on OUAT!

Comment by Leslie – January 2, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • with Daisy’s accent:
      “Yes, Mrs. Patmore.”
      “No, Mrs. Patmore.”
      Me: Mrs. Patmore!!

Comment by cjeffery7 – January 2, 2013 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you believe that Kim and Kanye won’t “monetize” the bejeezus out of that baby, I have a bridge to sell you.

Comment by meem – January 2, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly. They are just going to wait for the highest bid.

Comment by Josh – January 2, 2013 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lol right? Between those two and Grandma Kris, there’s no way this kid won’t be put into the spotlight at some point

Comment by Addie – January 2, 2013 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do i feel like this may be Grandma Snow????
    Love her on DA.

Comment by maki – January 2, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was my first thought too! Or maybe Snow’s governess or teacher? Josh Dallas’ tweet makes me think he might be working with her too, so hmmm

Comment by Addie – January 2, 2013 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good. This show is short on senior cast members. Granny, Gepetto and Lesley’s character will make a nice older group.

Comment by Templar – January 3, 2013 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hooray for the upsurge in DOCTOR WHO numbers!! Terrific Christmas special & the new season sounds outstanding. Whee.

Comment by Laurie – January 2, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • C’mon guys, I thought we weren’t going to give the Kardashians any attention on this website. I have high hopes if people stop reporting news on them, they’ll fade into oblivion just like Spencer and Heidi. Their five minutes has gone on way too long.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – January 2, 2013 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, and I actually watched that Dr. Who special with my brother. It was my very first Dr. Who episode. I really liked it! Though in my head I couldn’t stop referring to him as Inspector Spacetime.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – January 2, 2013 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How DARE you! This year is The Doctor’s 50th on TV, so it beats any knowledge of Inspector Spacetime by a huge margin. And shame on you for this being your first Doctor Who episode. I order you to immediately go to that AMAZ-ing site ON the Internet and order all seasons of Doctor Who with David Tennant. Report back to me in a month. Doctor Who rules, Community…no, I can’t say it. I like Community too much.

Comment by Bob – January 3, 2013 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha, that was perhaps the second time I have typed the K-word since TVLine launched two years ago. I’d say our track record is still tops.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – January 2, 2013 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is my account being blocked? I tried to post a few comments in my account (user nick1372) and they didn’t go through. (I’m using a different email adress for this comment)
    Can you help out?

Comment by Nick1372 – January 2, 2013 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’ve been flagged. You must have offended the entertainment gods.

Comment by Bob – January 3, 2013 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now if they could just get Downton Abbey’s Dame Maggie Smith to visit Doctor Who…THAT would be a coup! ; )

Comment by arial2 – January 3, 2013 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do not create self-extracting (SFX) archive since most email block EXE files by default.
    ) floppy disks because his PC didn’t detect the CD-ROM drive. Winrar free download is wonderful, I love free tools.

Comment by winrar remove password – July 18, 2013 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post