Exclusive Beauty and the Beast First Look: Vincent + Bridget Regan = Jealous Kristin Kreuk!

Get More: Exclusive, First Look, Scoop

For Beauty and the Beast‘s Catherine and Vincent, three’s about to become a crowd — and TVLine has an exclusive first look at the incoming interloper.

RELATED | Winter TV Spoiler-palooza! Your Scoop-Filled Guide to Beauty and the Beast, Vampire Diaries, Arrow and 36 Other Returning Favorites

As we first scooped in November, Legend of the Seeker star Bridget Regan is joining the freshman CW drama in the recurring role of Alex, Vincent’s fiancée who had been left to think him dead. But as seen in the photo below, the good doctor is about to discover her love (and perhaps their love) is in fact quite alive. Take a look, then read below for preview:

Bridget Regan on Beauty and the Beast

“They would have gotten married had Vincent not enlisted and gone off to war. And then it was reported he had been killed, so, as far as Alex has known, Vincent died tragically,” Beauty exec producer Sherri Cooper tells TVLine. Reconnecting in the here and now — no, this photo is not from a flashback — “is going to bring up all these old emotions for Vincent, and bring up lots of emotions for Catherine and Vincent,” Cooper previews, all paving the way for “a really cool, explosive love triangle.”

RELATED | Sendhil Ramamurthy Joins Beauty and the Beast as ‘Great Antagonist’ for Vincent/Catherine

Indeed, the chemistry between Regan and Beast Jay Ryan not only impressed the show’s producers, it sent Beauty Kristin Kreuk into defensive mode.

“When you see them on screen, it’s amazing,” Cooper shares. “The first time we saw them together in dailies, we were like, ‘Oh f–k. Of course he was engaged to her…. Oh no, it’s a good triangle.’ And Kristin’s very funny. She called us early on and was like, ‘I mean, I like her, but I can’t help it — I’m jealous!’”

RELATED | Exclusive: Beauty and the Beast Casts Catherine’s Shrink

Regan debuts in the Beauty and the Beast winter premiere, airing Jan. 24 at 9/8c.

Comments (72)

• I’m a huge Cat/Vincent shipper, but I’m excited for this. Bring it!

Comment by Michelle – January 2, 2013 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lana becomes Season-8-Lois …

Comment by DJ Doena – January 2, 2013 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lol pay back is a bitch lol.

Comment by athena606 – January 3, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HATE THIS! I want Catherine & Vincent only!

Comment by Michael – January 2, 2013 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AGREE 100%!
      That just sucks! I hate her already LOL

Comment by Natalya – January 3, 2013 12:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, come on. I’m totally Vin/Cat but I will wager dollars to donuts that this is a flashback.

Comment by Colleen – January 4, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Even though my story says, “no, this photo is not from a flashback”…? Do I win dollars or donuts?

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – January 4, 2013 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This will send Cat right to the arm of that new ADA guy. But he’s probably a bad guy. Poor sweet catherine.

Comment by Jay – January 2, 2013 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait to see how this plays out

Comment by Jared – January 2, 2013 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on Beauty and the Beast lovers.

Comment by Cris – January 2, 2013 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously what’s with shows always wanting a triangle.

Comment by Kal – January 2, 2013 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! One of the things I like most about BnB is the lack of a love triangle – so refreshing. And watching two people fall in love through conversation and mutual interests without the forced drama of a triangle

Comment by mia – January 2, 2013 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is great, looking forward to it. I thought this show was going to be totally lame but it’s one of my new favs. I’m really glad I decided to watch it. The winter cliffhanger was awesome!!

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 2, 2013 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Regan is back on TV, if only for a while. That’s one of the nation’s problems solved.

Comment by Jason – January 2, 2013 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • +1
      Bridget Regan need to scoop some lead role in new show. ASAP. You hear, producers and showrunners: we want Regan back on TV….and after Fringe finishes, please hire Joshua Jackson in some period drama, so I can have him i fedora back :)

Comment by Loolip – January 2, 2013 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • say that again! the more Bridget the better… :D

Comment by teleurgesteldemiep – January 2, 2013 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Bridget Regan is so painfully underrated. She’s amazingly talented and deserves a lead role, and soon!

Comment by May – January 4, 2013 02:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see this and how it plays out! Love Vincent and Catherine, but this could be really really good. Besides Catherine has Evan waiting in the wings so turn about might get interesting… Wish it was coming on tonight! And it can’t be said enough, but Jay Ryan is HOT.

Comment by Renee – January 2, 2013 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to this!

Comment by Susie – January 2, 2013 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my, that photo is all kinds of hot. Welcome back to tv, Bridget Regan!

Comment by Danyelle – January 2, 2013 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man, I have grown to LOVE this show. I hope enough people feel the same way that we don’t have to worry about a season 2. Jay Ryan is BEAUTIFUL, let’s keep him working in the U.S., people!

Comment by Ruby – January 2, 2013 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly!

Comment by Renee – January 2, 2013 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto!

Comment by Magically Suspicious – January 2, 2013 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love it too, and I ve been a loyal fan since it even started…..and loving it more, hope more people tune in to watch it on the 24th cant wait

Comment by Claudia – January 2, 2013 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Double ditto!!

Comment by Cheryl T. – January 2, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is one of the many reasons I’ve grown to love this show…..I’m never set in stone as to who I want to be together. I love Cat and Vincent together. But then I love her with Evan when they have scenes together. And, based on that photo, I’m not going to hate Vincent with his fiance. It’s much more fun to not have a clear side to pull for.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – January 2, 2013 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the original tv show is a million times better then this crap i had to stop watching after 4 episodes

Comment by Dennis – January 2, 2013 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I actually found the original boring honestly, to each their own. Definitely not crap, considering Koslow IS involved. This version has only gotten better with each episode.

Comment by Veronica Perrotta (@rogueassassins) – January 2, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • as they say, to each one their own, I love this show, its grown up adult love but with a twist….

Comment by Claudia – January 2, 2013 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • as long as I get a Can/Vincent kiss before all of this I’m good! I mean, cos after new girl and new guy appear is going to be a looooong wait! so a kiss and I’m good for the journey!

Comment by onlyakb – January 2, 2013 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here…a KISS is needed between VinCat…NOT liking this triangle thingyyy…

Comment by Paro – January 2, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s what happens when you bring in a guest star who can actually act. Suddenly the producers are seeing this great connection and the “star” doesn’t look so hot any more.

Comment by Jo – January 2, 2013 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • well, let’s keep it positive :D no judgments about others, but YES this is what happens when you bring in a GREAT guest star…. GO Bridget!!!

Comment by teleurgesteldemiep – January 2, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Matter of opinion, let’s not rag on Kristin Kreuk. There is no Beast, without the Beauty. That’s the whole POINT of the show.

Comment by Veronica Perrotta (@rogueassassins) – January 2, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jo, why are you even watching this show and polluting the loving fandom. If you feel one of the main core actor on the show can’t act, you’re clearly not vested in the relationship between Cat and Vin which is one of the foundations of this show. If this is truely how you feel, why are you even wasting your time watching? Don’t waste the time and attention of the rest of us loving fans (including those that love Ms Bridget and those who don’t), you clearly dont’ even belong here !! Get a life !

Comment by Shirley – January 3, 2013 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • took the words right out of my mouth! i hate these negative people that apparentky dont have lives to watch a show they dont like and then go find a website to dis on it! there for fans not haters…

Comment by alexis – February 16, 2013 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Vincat FTW! But I love Bridget and want to see what she brings. I do think though Vincent will be choosing Catherine though, but it would be interesting to see his love tested for her.

Comment by Sharie – January 2, 2013 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Couldn’t agree with you anymore. ;-)

Comment by vannesa – January 2, 2013 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Couldn’t have said it any better myself.

Comment by Veronica Perrotta (@rogueassassins) – January 2, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think thats what they will need, Cath will not be the only one to contact and the center of his affections, also, if she becomes unavailable for him will push both of them to hurry up things….niiiice!!!! Remember also, this is his ex fiancee (sex was involved before) probably thats what it sparks since he hasnt been with anybody in 10 years…..

Comment by Claudia – January 2, 2013 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Bridget and am glad to see something from his past. I am VinCat already. This is just a little detour #batb nation can handle. Layers makes the story worth investing in anyways!

Comment by Kelly Sam – January 2, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad they decided to pair up Vin and Cat with other love interests for awhile. As much as I like Vin and Cat together its fun to watch a show not be so predictable. Love this show more than I thought I would.

Comment by Jared – January 2, 2013 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s always nice to have options. You always want what you can’t have. LOL. I hope this show gets renewed. It’s a nice way to spend an hour.

Comment by Sandra Oh (@TheRealSandraOh) – January 2, 2013 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is great….Bridget is amazing. But for the love of the Seeker, can we PLEASE get Craig Horner back on TV????!!!!!

And CW…I’ve found your next breakout star, DEVON SPENCE. Go sign him. You’re welcome.

Comment by Jason – January 2, 2013 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a huge #VinCat shipper but I was also a Richard&Kahlan shipper (from LotS) … so I’m having mixed emotions, but mosty I just can’t wait 2 have Bridget back on the Screen! .. Besides, Cat needs 2 feel jealous 2, & what better way then wt his Ex? That he had once planned 2 get married to? .. The writers are Brilliant, so I have faith that this will not ruin #VinCat.. if anything it will bring them closer ;) ..
    Is it Jan 24th already!?? Ga the wait is driving me mad.

Comment by Kav – January 2, 2013 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think this will amp the feelings up when Vincent and Cat finally reunite, they’ll realize they can’t live without each other, I love the intensity, and I think the angst everyone is feeling about Cat and Vincent being torn apart by the Ex will only amplify that “god I need you” feeling between them when it finally happens ! Can’t wait for the post Ex episodes !!

Comment by Shirley – January 3, 2013 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love, LOVE Bridget Reagan so very excited to see her on my TV again! Feeling a little torn aobut this whole love triangle thing though.

Comment by Kristina – January 2, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait to see this, even though I know I am not going to be able to stand her. VinCat FTW ALL THE WAY, nobody can beat their chemistry. They tried with Catherine/Evan, but it just felt forced. That probably won’t be the case here, since there’s obviously a reason Vincent and Alex were engaged. But in the end, I do think it will be Vincent/Catherine as always. :)

Comment by Veronica Perrotta (@rogueassassins) – January 2, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you!!!!!!!!

Comment by Lili – January 2, 2013 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree ! Thank you for the well thought out and articulate comment. We need more true fans of this show such as yourself.

Comment by Shirley – January 3, 2013 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vincat!!! Really hope the show continues to catch on…

Comment by sharie – January 2, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best money I ever spent (ITUNES Season pass). Looking forward to the love triangle.

Comment by tvdiva – January 2, 2013 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it 24th already…..we will have more angst but before this can they talk about their love and a kiss?,and then the ex shows up etc etc

Comment by Claudia – January 2, 2013 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I did not like any of it, really hated! And hopefully with this relapse Vincent he can see that his love is Catherine.And the kiss happen!!!!!

Comment by Lili – January 2, 2013 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on clarissa's space and blogs and commented:
    OMG CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE THIS

Comment by clarissaowens86 – January 2, 2013 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love having more lady characters, but Cat/Vincent forever!!!!!

Comment by mia – January 2, 2013 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont like this, but Vincent & Cat will get through this!

Comment by luvtwimiguel95 – January 2, 2013 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously guys, I never expected to be this emotionally invested on this show. I couldn’t not agree with the critics about the pilot and watching the next 3-4 episodes felt like a chore. But something was telling me to hold on and give this show a chance and WOW that was the right call!
    The series has been steadily improving and if the producers keep it this way I can only see bright things in its future. Now, love triangles often feel like a clichéd (and annoying) trope, but I hope this one is more than just a distraction and actually becomes an important development that’ll build Vincat’s characters and strengthen their relationship.

Comment by Shizza – January 2, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wish Bridget’s hair was a little darker, but looking forward to her stint on the show.

Comment by ABC – January 2, 2013 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My heart just died! Why oh why!

Comment by cassidy – January 2, 2013 11:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know why BaTB producers should be so impressed or surprised with the chemistry between those two. There’s going to be chemistry with just about any pretty girl they pair Jay Ryan with because he’s so darn hot plus he’s such a good actor.

Comment by Ree – January 3, 2013 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What if they brought Tom Welling on to compete with Vincent?

Comment by RichieS – January 3, 2013 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES! That would be AWESOME! I love Tom Welling, and Kristin and him have quite possibly the best chemistry I’ve ever seen. If anyone is going to give Vincent a run for his money, it would be a character portrayed by Tom Welling.

Comment by Samantha – January 4, 2013 12:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don’t like love traingle!
    I’am dissapointed

Comment by adamary – January 3, 2013 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Here’s to sum up everything I need to say: I cannot wait for January 24th.

Comment by Kate – January 3, 2013 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOT LIKE TO HAVE A THIRD WOMAN IN THE LIFE OF VINCENT, LOSE THE CHARM IN SERIES

Comment by MICHELLI PEREIRA DA SILVA – January 3, 2013 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG! Noooooo!!! Just as they were getting closer & making progress!! Well, that is a good way to get the reviews up!

Comment by Natalie O. – January 4, 2013 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited about this story line, great opportunity for the cast. I cannot wait for the 24th!! I hope more people give this show a chance, it is getting better and better.

Comment by Dulci – January 5, 2013 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show!!!! What I don’t understand is how you can have a love triangle if Vincent and Cat are not together yet. Bad move by writers… For this show to move forward and stay afloat, the writers need to make the plot of this show different then the other shows out there. I think JT should step in and defend Cat on this issue. She has put her career on the line for both Vincent and JT. Keep up the great work.

Comment by Teresa – January 14, 2013 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love love love this show too. I hate waiting until Thursday each week. Such a long time to wait. I hate the new girl, don’t care if people think this Bridget can act so can Kristin. I love Kristin since “Superman”. After the cliffhanger from 2012, I was hoping to see Cat/Vincent get romantic… ie at a kiss or something. And then this new ex comes along…what a drag. Get rid of her!!!!

Comment by Chris – January 25, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why couldn’t Cat & Vincent have a secret unorthadox courtship? I’m sorry for all you Bridget Reagan fans but I think it would have been better if Vincent was only ever in love with Cat and the writers don’t need to let him sleep with Alex to know Cat is the love of his life. And Evan gets klled by Murifield.

Comment by Cat & Vincent Fan – January 31, 2013 10:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post