Exclusive

Exclusive Beauty and the Beast First Look: Vincent + Bridget Regan = Jealous Kristin Kreuk!

For Beauty and the Beast‘s Catherine and Vincent, three’s about to become a crowd — and TVLine has an exclusive first look at the incoming interloper.

RELATED | Winter TV Spoiler-palooza! Your Scoop-Filled Guide to Beauty and the Beast, Vampire Diaries, Arrow and 36 Other Returning Favorites

As we first scooped in November, Legend of the Seeker star Bridget Regan is joining the freshman CW drama in the recurring role of Alex, Vincent’s fiancée who had been left to think him dead. But as seen in the photo below, the good doctor is about to discover her love (and perhaps their love) is in fact quite alive. Take a look, then read below for preview:

Bridget Regan on Beauty and the Beast

“They would have gotten married had Vincent not enlisted and gone off to war. And then it was reported he had been killed, so, as far as Alex has known, Vincent died tragically,” Beauty exec producer Sherri Cooper tells TVLine. Reconnecting in the here and now — no, this photo is not from a flashback — “is going to bring up all these old emotions for Vincent, and bring up lots of emotions for Catherine and Vincent,” Cooper previews, all paving the way for “a really cool, explosive love triangle.”

RELATED | Sendhil Ramamurthy Joins Beauty and the Beast as ‘Great Antagonist’ for Vincent/Catherine

Indeed, the chemistry between Regan and Beast Jay Ryan not only impressed the show’s producers, it sent Beauty Kristin Kreuk into defensive mode.

“When you see them on screen, it’s amazing,” Cooper shares. “The first time we saw them together in dailies, we were like, ‘Oh f–k. Of course he was engaged to her…. Oh no, it’s a good triangle.’ And Kristin’s very funny. She called us early on and was like, ‘I mean, I like her, but I can’t help it — I’m jealous!'”

RELATED | Exclusive: Beauty and the Beast Casts Catherine’s Shrink

Regan debuts in the Beauty and the Beast winter premiere, airing Jan. 24 at 9/8c.

1. Michelle says:

I’m a huge Cat/Vincent shipper, but I’m excited for this. Bring it!

2. DJ Doena says:

Lana becomes Season-8-Lois …

3. Michael says:

HATE THIS! I want Catherine & Vincent only!

4. Jay says:

This will send Cat right to the arm of that new ADA guy. But he’s probably a bad guy. Poor sweet catherine.

5. Jared says:

Can’t wait to see how this plays out

6. Kal says:

Seriously what’s with shows always wanting a triangle.

• mia says:

Agreed! One of the things I like most about BnB is the lack of a love triangle – so refreshing. And watching two people fall in love through conversation and mutual interests without the forced drama of a triangle

7. wrstlgirl says:

This is great, looking forward to it. I thought this show was going to be totally lame but it’s one of my new favs. I’m really glad I decided to watch it. The winter cliffhanger was awesome!!

8. Jason says:

Regan is back on TV, if only for a while. That’s one of the nation’s problems solved.

• Loolip says:

Bridget Regan need to scoop some lead role in new show. ASAP. You hear, producers and showrunners: we want Regan back on TV….and after Fringe finishes, please hire Joshua Jackson in some period drama, so I can have him i fedora back :)

• teleurgesteldemiep says:

say that again! the more Bridget the better… :D

• May says:

Agreed. Bridget Regan is so painfully underrated. She’s amazingly talented and deserves a lead role, and soon!

9. Renee says:

I can’t wait to see this and how it plays out! Love Vincent and Catherine, but this could be really really good. Besides Catherine has Evan waiting in the wings so turn about might get interesting… Wish it was coming on tonight! And it can’t be said enough, but Jay Ryan is HOT.

10. Susie says:

Looking forward to this!

11. Danyelle says:

Oh my, that photo is all kinds of hot. Welcome back to tv, Bridget Regan!

12. Ruby says:

Man, I have grown to LOVE this show. I hope enough people feel the same way that we don’t have to worry about a season 2. Jay Ryan is BEAUTIFUL, let’s keep him working in the U.S., people!

13. Magically Suspicious says:

This is one of the many reasons I’ve grown to love this show…..I’m never set in stone as to who I want to be together. I love Cat and Vincent together. But then I love her with Evan when they have scenes together. And, based on that photo, I’m not going to hate Vincent with his fiance. It’s much more fun to not have a clear side to pull for.

14. Dennis says:

the original tv show is a million times better then this crap i had to stop watching after 4 episodes

15. onlyakb says:

as long as I get a Can/Vincent kiss before all of this I’m good! I mean, cos after new girl and new guy appear is going to be a looooong wait! so a kiss and I’m good for the journey!

16. Jo says:

That’s what happens when you bring in a guest star who can actually act. Suddenly the producers are seeing this great connection and the “star” doesn’t look so hot any more.

• teleurgesteldemiep says:

well, let’s keep it positive :D no judgments about others, but YES this is what happens when you bring in a GREAT guest star…. GO Bridget!!!

• Matter of opinion, let’s not rag on Kristin Kreuk. There is no Beast, without the Beauty. That’s the whole POINT of the show.

• Shirley says:

Jo, why are you even watching this show and polluting the loving fandom. If you feel one of the main core actor on the show can’t act, you’re clearly not vested in the relationship between Cat and Vin which is one of the foundations of this show. If this is truely how you feel, why are you even wasting your time watching? Don’t waste the time and attention of the rest of us loving fans (including those that love Ms Bridget and those who don’t), you clearly dont’ even belong here !! Get a life !

• alexis says:

took the words right out of my mouth! i hate these negative people that apparentky dont have lives to watch a show they dont like and then go find a website to dis on it! there for fans not haters…

17. Sharie says:

Team Vincat FTW! But I love Bridget and want to see what she brings. I do think though Vincent will be choosing Catherine though, but it would be interesting to see his love tested for her.

18. Kelly Sam says:

Love Bridget and am glad to see something from his past. I am VinCat already. This is just a little detour #batb nation can handle. Layers makes the story worth investing in anyways!

19. Jared says:

I’m glad they decided to pair up Vin and Cat with other love interests for awhile. As much as I like Vin and Cat together its fun to watch a show not be so predictable. Love this show more than I thought I would.

20. It’s always nice to have options. You always want what you can’t have. LOL. I hope this show gets renewed. It’s a nice way to spend an hour.

21. Jason says:

This is great….Bridget is amazing. But for the love of the Seeker, can we PLEASE get Craig Horner back on TV????!!!!!

And CW…I’ve found your next breakout star, DEVON SPENCE. Go sign him. You’re welcome.

22. Kav says:

I’m a huge #VinCat shipper but I was also a Richard&Kahlan shipper (from LotS) … so I’m having mixed emotions, but mosty I just can’t wait 2 have Bridget back on the Screen! .. Besides, Cat needs 2 feel jealous 2, & what better way then wt his Ex? That he had once planned 2 get married to? .. The writers are Brilliant, so I have faith that this will not ruin #VinCat.. if anything it will bring them closer ;) ..
    Is it Jan 24th already!?? Ga the wait is driving me mad.

• Shirley says:

I think this will amp the feelings up when Vincent and Cat finally reunite, they’ll realize they can’t live without each other, I love the intensity, and I think the angst everyone is feeling about Cat and Vincent being torn apart by the Ex will only amplify that “god I need you” feeling between them when it finally happens ! Can’t wait for the post Ex episodes !!

23. Kristina says:

Love, LOVE Bridget Reagan so very excited to see her on my TV again! Feeling a little torn aobut this whole love triangle thing though.

24. Can’t wait to see this, even though I know I am not going to be able to stand her. VinCat FTW ALL THE WAY, nobody can beat their chemistry. They tried with Catherine/Evan, but it just felt forced. That probably won’t be the case here, since there’s obviously a reason Vincent and Alex were engaged. But in the end, I do think it will be Vincent/Catherine as always. :)

25. sharie says:

Vincat!!! Really hope the show continues to catch on…

26. tvdiva says:

Best money I ever spent (ITUNES Season pass). Looking forward to the love triangle.

27. Claudia says:

Is it 24th already…..we will have more angst but before this can they talk about their love and a kiss?,and then the ex shows up etc etc

28. Lili says:

I did not like any of it, really hated! And hopefully with this relapse Vincent he can see that his love is Catherine.And the kiss happen!!!!!

29. Reblogged this on clarissa's space and blogs and commented:
    OMG CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE THIS

30. mia says:

I love having more lady characters, but Cat/Vincent forever!!!!!

31. luvtwimiguel95 says:

I dont like this, but Vincent & Cat will get through this!

32. Shizza says:

Seriously guys, I never expected to be this emotionally invested on this show. I couldn’t not agree with the critics about the pilot and watching the next 3-4 episodes felt like a chore. But something was telling me to hold on and give this show a chance and WOW that was the right call!
    The series has been steadily improving and if the producers keep it this way I can only see bright things in its future. Now, love triangles often feel like a clichéd (and annoying) trope, but I hope this one is more than just a distraction and actually becomes an important development that’ll build Vincat’s characters and strengthen their relationship.

33. ABC says:

Wish Bridget’s hair was a little darker, but looking forward to her stint on the show.

34. cassidy says:

My heart just died! Why oh why!

35. Ree says:

I don’t know why BaTB producers should be so impressed or surprised with the chemistry between those two. There’s going to be chemistry with just about any pretty girl they pair Jay Ryan with because he’s so darn hot plus he’s such a good actor.

36. RichieS says:

What if they brought Tom Welling on to compete with Vincent?

• Samantha says:

YES! That would be AWESOME! I love Tom Welling, and Kristin and him have quite possibly the best chemistry I’ve ever seen. If anyone is going to give Vincent a run for his money, it would be a character portrayed by Tom Welling.

37. adamary says:

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don’t like love traingle!
    I’am dissapointed

38. Kate says:

Here’s to sum up everything I need to say: I cannot wait for January 24th.

39. MICHELLI PEREIRA DA SILVA says:

NOT LIKE TO HAVE A THIRD WOMAN IN THE LIFE OF VINCENT, LOSE THE CHARM IN SERIES

40. Natalie O. says:

OMG! Noooooo!!! Just as they were getting closer & making progress!! Well, that is a good way to get the reviews up!

41. Dulci says:

I am so excited about this story line, great opportunity for the cast. I cannot wait for the 24th!! I hope more people give this show a chance, it is getting better and better.

42. Teresa says:

Love the show!!!! What I don’t understand is how you can have a love triangle if Vincent and Cat are not together yet. Bad move by writers… For this show to move forward and stay afloat, the writers need to make the plot of this show different then the other shows out there. I think JT should step in and defend Cat on this issue. She has put her career on the line for both Vincent and JT. Keep up the great work.

43. Chris says:

I love love love this show too. I hate waiting until Thursday each week. Such a long time to wait. I hate the new girl, don’t care if people think this Bridget can act so can Kristin. I love Kristin since “Superman”. After the cliffhanger from 2012, I was hoping to see Cat/Vincent get romantic… ie at a kiss or something. And then this new ex comes along…what a drag. Get rid of her!!!!

44. Cat & Vincent Fan says:

Why couldn’t Cat & Vincent have a secret unorthadox courtship? I’m sorry for all you Bridget Reagan fans but I think it would have been better if Vincent was only ever in love with Cat and the writers don’t need to let him sleep with Alex to know Cat is the love of his life. And Evan gets klled by Murifield.