It's Official: General Hospital Vet Steve Burton Joins Young and the Restless -- as [Spoiler]?

Steve Burton to Young and RestlessDaytime TV vet Steve Burton, fresh off his run as General Hospital mobster Jason Morgan, next will surface on CBS’ The Young and the Restless.

RELATED | Will All My Children and One Life to Live Return from the Dead? Burning Questions!

Burton announced Monday on CBS’ The Talk that he will play Avery’s ex, Dylan McAvoy, who is a presumed-dead war vet/architect who’s done two tours in the Middle East and is back in town to take over the family business. Such a “resurrection” surely would derail the romance between Avery (played by Jessica Collins) and Joshua Morrow’s Nick.

At Y&R, Burton reunites with his onetime GH boss Jill Farren Phelps. His first episode will air on Tuesday, January 29.

RELATED | General Hospital‘s Scott Reeves to Exit

Burton’s GH run as Quartermaine golden boy-turned-brain-addled mob tough spanned some 20 years and ended this Oct. 30, with the actor winning one Daytime Emmy along the way. He and his family now live in Nashville; he told The Talk hosts he requested a work schedule that would allow him to spend most of his time in Tennessee.

“Without hesitation, CBS Daytime made that deal really quickly,” he said. “I’m just so grateful for the opportunity to have the best of both worlds for me and my family.”

His other credits include TV’s Taken and Out of This World, and the motion picture The Last Castle.

1. julia says:

didn’t he leave gh because he wanted a break??

• George says:

Usually “taking a break” is code for not getting a long with showrunners, which was rumored to be the case w/him & Cartini on GH

• Jasper says:

No. That’s not the case. Burton wanted to spend more time in Tennessee with his family. Because his Jason Morgan character was the lead of GH, it wasn’t possible to backburner the character enough to suit Burton’s desire.

On Y&R, he’ll be a supporting character. Y&R will allow him to spend more time with his family.

People forget that acting jobs are just jobs. People change jobs all the time to meet personal or professional needs.

• TV Gord says:

Nope. He lied. He didn’t like that the new regime was pushing Jason into the background, and he quit in a snit. Good riddance to him. The show has been so much more energized since he left. I just hope they will now kill of the character for sure (find a body), so Sam can get on with her life.

• Pat B says:

I don’t know what GH soap you are watching, but GH is not better. It is far from better. Jason is MISSSssssEd!!!!!!!
            I have watched for over 40 years. This is the first time I missed any actor. I am sure he is doing what is best for him and good luck. Still doesn’t change how heart broken I am. I was holding on to some hope that he would return. I guess I can move on too it won’t be YR. I think what’s wrong with most business, sport teams, entertainers, even my job forgot the fans, costomers, the service.

• MeMe says:

GH is a great soap but “Jason ” and “Sonny ” made Ghost after Luke & Laura

• France says:

I for one am deeply upset with Steve Burton aka Jason being gone for General Hospital. I feel as if I lost someone close to me. I feel they ended it wrong. I mean after all the years of him & Sam facing so many difficulties & finally with a chance of happiness for a little while longer they kill him off. Come on, that was wrong. Also, to not know the baby was really his. I think they should have had a happy time for longer & not kill him off. I realize no body was found & should bring him back before too much time passes.

• Penny says:

Don’t even watch the show without Jason…Boring. Most people I know have stop watching it now. Just not the same too bad I watched it right from the start. Many many years Show has had it’s ups and downs I think it will be the next removed now since the story is not interesting anymore

• Paulette says:

OMG, have anyone seen what terrible storylines and poor writing is going on with GH.. So glad he got out of there before all this crap went on…Perhaps you should check out all the loyal fan comments on General Hospital Sucks….

• Sue says:

You must be out of your mind!I know to each his own.But REALLY!
            IF YOU BELIEVE THAT!YOU ARE CERTAINLY NOT A REAL G.H FAN!
            JASON IS THE BEST AT WHAT HE DOES!
            We Loved Steve Burton as Jason.
            And NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO FILL HIS SHOES!
            As for the show better WITH OUT STEVE BURTON ! THAT’S A JOKE!
            I wish you all the best Steve,But G.H WILL NEVER BE THE SAME WITH OUT YOU!

• Sue miracle says:

IM GONNA PUT IT OUT THERE PLAIN & SIMPLE.
            TO ALL THE NEG,COMMENTS ABOUT STEVE BURTON,JASON IS A CHARACTER !
            AND A DARN GREAT ONE AT THAT!
            NO ONE WILL EVER BE ABLE TO REPLACE HIM,EVER!
            SO DON’T HATE ON HIM!
            GOOD LUCK STEVE.BUT PLEASE CONSIDER COMING HOME,G.H WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO REPLACE YOU.YOUR JASON AFTER ALL!
            AS FOR THE SHOW BEING BETTER WITH OUT HIM,YOU PEOPLE OUR CRAZY!
            WE WILL WAIT FOR OUR STEVE BURTON TO COME BACK HOME WE MISS JASON,ALREADY!

• ABBY says:

RC gives FH (Anna) very generous vacation time and NLG stated she missed WK during his last visit because she’d been given the time off to do an episode of Castle. RC is pretty good for giving actors breaks or time off for other projects so I don’t believe for a second he wasn’t willing to negotiate with SBu over that. And regardless of how much Guza insisted on featuring him it actually was possible for Jason airtime to decrease… dramatically.
          Not to mention GHs film schedule is something along the lines of three weeks on and then they go dark for a fortnight.
          But anyway the most telling sign will be how much airtime he gets on Y&R (my guess is he hasn’t went there because his been told he’ll be playing a minor character.. I think it will be the exact optimistic)

• ron says:

how do you know he will be just a supporting player?

• JFP the former head of GH was hired for Y & R in July, he didn’t renew his contract in September, citing he wanted time with his family… now here in end of December he’s on Y&R.

He lied.

• Steve Burton Publicly said he was going to work on a project with jill farron phelps. He has every right to move on. I will watch his debut, but i will always remain a fan of Port Charles.

• gail says:

That is not the case. He was just trying to keep the lid on. He and his family have played around with the idea of moving for years, but he enjoys his work, he’s the main source of financial support, and he respects the legacy of GH. TIIC were being extraordinarily unfair not only to his character, but to the couple JaSam. They were and are invested in recreating OLTL and PC history, and they completely disrespected him in the process. Despite “their” shoddy behavior, SBu made it clear to his fans, in the nicest way possible that he disagreed with the story arc, but there is a history of firing soap actors (or refusing to renew a contract/same thing) who disagree with the brass. SBu left instead on his terms. I suspected it wouldn’t be long before he re-entered acting, but was ever hopeful it would mean a return to GH. But you can’t make smart decisions when idiots are running the show (pun intended).

Cartini had zero intentions of leaving Burton as a lead character the way he has been. They want Sam with John. They’ve made that clear in words and scripts. Burton even offered to scale it back and come in whenever needed. The brass was good at letting Burton shoulder the blame. They were happy to do it.

Lastly, SBu was never one of those actors who “change jobs all the time.” He left GH for a very short time. He came back. He was loyal to that show for over 20 years. When he left the brass did nothing to honor that loyalty. He was largely responsible for some of the biggest ratings GH had. He garnered emmy wins and nominations. The actors he worked with routinely garnered the same.

It was never “just a job” for him. He has said so. And I don’t think he would have needed to stop an interview because he was choked up about leaving if it was just another job. It’s just not the kind of guy he is. Translation? He felt the leave-taking deeply.

• gina says:

I agree with you hold heartedly. The new regime did not want him

• kristen says:

Well said!!!!!!

• Naughty says:

I wish him the best of luck with his next project. Family always comes first. The door is always open for Jason to come back. They never did recover his body.

• Jenna Blair says:

I think we the fans are seeing the begginning of the end of GH. I use to hear the theme music as a child and come running down the steps to watch it. I didnt understand most of what was going on, but I got to sit and watch it with my aunts. I learned very quickly to not ask questions till a commercial, LOL. As a teen, I always made time for GH, as a adult the greatest invention of TIVO, so I never missed a episode. Since watching how everytime “Jason & Sam” were pulled apart, the merger, and losing SBu I have lost the desire to watch. I turned it on last week, and now vampire…. Starting to think the show should be on Sci-fi. I miss the old GH, where the show was well written, now it seems to have gone main stream. For the life of me I cant understand why they would bring the cast over from a show that no longer on air due to there ratings, and put them on a show thats doing good. Now GH is in danger. SMDH, I think they need to take the new writters and sit them down with the old writters, and refocus.

• Bob says:

This says it all: “At Y&R, Burton would reunite with his onetime GH boss Jill Farren Phelps.”

• Tracy says:

I think he left because he wanted to spend more time in TN with his family. This new deal might accommodate that.

• Betty says:

Spend more time with his family? It is a bunch of crap. With the dark days on GH, Steve had plenty of time to spend with his family. If that was true, why would he being going back to work in LA? Why not find work in NY, which is much closer to Nashville than LA? The real reason he left GH? He didn’t like working for FV. SB didn’t like being told what to do by this new regime.

• chica7540800 says:

I agree!!!

• Bruce Wayne says:

He’s been rumored to play Batman in the next Batman trilogy which begins filming in 2014. Levitt, in the meantime, will play Batman in the Justice League movie.

This is a part-time job now for Barton. Expect a Batman announcement shortly after the Academy Awards.

• Sheila says:

Steve Burton…as Batman? I’m having a lot of trouble seeing that.

• jd says:

He is working on some Indy film stuff with Franco! And hey James moved into movies nicely. Horrible at hosting awards shows tho. I would love to see Steve Burton get a big part in a movie. Love ya SB even if ya r on y&r. And family is # 1 and I wish some of these nuts would get thru their head its a show not real life! Yes we love it but its because it gives us a break from ours.

• TV Gord says:

Wishful thinking, Brucie. Outside of the soap world, Steve Burton is a nobody. Aside from you, who is spreading this rumor?

• gail says:

Not technically true. He has worked with Robert Redford, James Gandolfini, and Steven Spielberg. James Franco wants to work with him as well. That is all clearly OUTSIDE of “the soap world”. He wanted a schedule that allowed him to live in TN, pursue multiple projects (acting, directing, producing, business), and still spend time with his family. He may or may not play Batman, but trying to diss him as you’ve done, is just mean-spirited and ignorant. And completely uncalled for as it is unlikely you know him or his business personally.

• Betty says:

wrong steve is and always will be somebody

• StupidPeopleShutUp says:

Good one!

• LMAO OMG so funny. Brilliant.

• ABBY says:

I’m assuming he left because Guza let him swallow the show whole during his reign and then RC took over and not only started to share out airtime better but actually allowed Jason (the hitman SB plays) to be the bad guy rather than destroying all the other characters at his altar like in the Guza years.

• Cheryl says:

thats what i thought too!! now i am really confused!! maybe a break from GH??

• Jon says:

Maybe he left because the actor who played Lucky (Jonathan Jackson) now lives in Nashville….and is on the network show of the same name…maybe Steve Burton and Jonathan Jackson love each other and want to be together…in the same city. who knows????

2. A.D. says:

What a load of crap! I lost a great deal of respect for him now! Keep Jason Dead GH…don’t recast…what crap!

• len says:

God forbid someone does what is best for them. Sorry A.D. but the world, and Steve Burton’s life doesn’t revolve around you.

• Gina says:

Well said Ien! While I miss SB on GH- you have to put yourself first!

• The new Wrighter wanted too take the show in a new direction they wanted to get away from son and Jason all the mob stuff but now the show boring hopefully fazon and duke can help Lucy maxie aj Lucy I mean boring characters boring show gh will be off the air they done

• Olivia says:

I so agree with you. He did not have to do his life long fans like that. If you were unhappy fine. Don’t lie about it. Sam and McBain all the way now!

3. Rachel says:

Everyone knew this was coming. TN was his excuse, a way to not upset fans.

• Lena120 says:

I felt it was half and half. He probably did want to spend more time with his family. On GH he was on the frontburner all the time. He was probably sick of it. That’s why Jonathan Jackson left. But also, after playing such a one-note character for so many years, he probably wanted a change. I felt Jason was such a dull character who’d warn out his creative welcome. I’m actually looking forward to seeing Burton act in another way. Show some range! Put him in a suit and out of those T-shirts!

• StupidPeopleShutUp says:

I agree. I can’t believe people actually take this personally. It’s nobody’s business why he does what he does! How arrogant are half the people on here acting like he owed them a phone call??

• Y’all if im Jason and they Wright er tell me he taken the show in a nother direction i have choice stay or leave he chose too leave ball game !!!! That’s a wrap !!! He owes nobody nothin

• Ella says:

It was a matter of time until he joined his friend JFP at CBS. Is it really any wonder? In the past year, ABC has cancelled 2 of its 3 daytime soaps and the future of GH is still uncertain ( if it is true that ABC is exploring a reality GH to air during daytime). Add to that ABC firing Steve’s friend JFP and why should he remain on GH? I’m playing devil’s advocate of course. Maybe this news will allow Steve bicoastal living and job security? And maybe GH can now go ahead with a Sam/John relationship. While I was a fan or Jasam, Sam and John have mad chemistry. The actora always have (Kelly Monaco and Michael Easton were hot on the deceased soap Port Charles). Long live GH and Y&R! The daytime soap genre will always be beloved to us fans. CBS seems to understand that with their two remaining soaps, hopefully ABC will learn that lesson and keep GH on the air.

4. Rebecca says:

As a Jason/Sam fan I am not happy

• StupidPeopleShutUp says:

Nobody cares if you’re not happy. He spent TWENTY YEARS playing that idiot. You should be grateful for THAT, not having a tantrum.

• Rebecca says:

Right, cause I definitely just threw a tantrum.

• Frazenie says:

LMAO! That was hilarious. Even though I am a big fan of Jason/Sam…your post is too funny! But seriously, I see everyone’s point. One part of me miss Jason and think it was a little shady how he left GH. It could have been him not being th star anymore which would be selfish. But despite his reasons, he has a right to do what is best for him and you gotta give him that much for making a big move. Who knows what REALLY drove him to leave. In any event, I love GH and will always watch GH. These days, not all soaps storylines are the best. I’ve watched mostly all soaps from As the World Turns, to Guiding Light, to All My Children, etc. GH is the only one that kept me interested for so long. I’m hoping the show remains on the air and will continue to watch no matter what. Port Charles Fan forever!

• Trip says:

I am not happy either. It is only my opinion but I think SB is one of the most respected actors in daytime television. I have never read or heard of anyone speaking an ill word toward him. everyone loved him. I think the new regime came in and wanted to put their stamp on things, ,which there is nothing wrong with that unless it is disrespectful toward the pillars of the current show and its history. Which is exactly what they did. I always felt like you would hear the narrator at the beginning of one of the episodes say “the role of general hospital is now being played by one life to live”. FC wanted to implant his main man Michael Easton into the mix. Nothing wrong with that either except he pissed on Steve Burton’s character to do it. I really can’t blame him if he was frustrated with the way his character was written. they were absolutely butchering it to make room for a McBain and Sam romance. SB may have had this planned the whole time or had some idea of it but IMO he handled it with class and didn’t speak ill toward anyone, unlike other actors have in the past. So I say good luck to you Mr. Burton and my best wishes for you, your family and your career.

• Yolanda Walker says:

I agree that the “new regime” feels the need to put their stamp on things….that should not mean jeapordizing the legacy of GH and the its relationship with loyal fans. The original stories centered around the rich Quartermaines and the Mob. Recast Jason and keep the legacy in tack. It is neurotic to try to recreate a blend of the 2 soap operas they cancelled without cause with a soap that was basically intact. There is a reason that the 3 soaps existed independently from they time they were created…HELLO!!! Obviously, the “new regime” does not include fans…just business people with their stupid agendas. What is funny is that for anything they do to be successful, they have to satisfy the fan base. And to have the attitude …do it they will get over it…is stupid and dumb and disrespectful. I for one will not just watch another stupid tv show about cooking and how to be healthy just because that is the only thing on TV!!!! I know one of the chefs on the cooking show personally…we went to high school together… I wish her well. But that doesn’t change the fact that I watch daytime tv to veg out, enjoy something familiar and expect a certain standard of creativity that makes sense!!! and yes…I am on a tirade. I am just sick of stupidness and lack of creativity.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the cheapest way out is not always the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sam has no part she does nothing

5. Amy says:

This is such BS! This also changes my opinion of him. I hope they recast Jason!

• CJ says:

Wow — so someone leaves a show so they can spend more time with their family and finds a new gig that allows him to do just that. Get over yourself.

6. c0rinne says:

Not really a surprise. I’m sure he was jealous when the new guys came in and weren’t enamored with him like JFP. It didn’t matter that he hadn’t tried acting for years before all they arrived.

JFP will, I’m sure, cater to him if he comes on. But hopefully he doesn’t come in expecting to be top dog right away.

But, this might be a good thing. He played the same character for like 20 years. He had clearly been stuck in a rut for the past 10 (he kept leaving, failing at doing other things, and coming back) that’s got to kill your creative drive. JFP isn’t a change of pace but a new show is.

Good luck to him, if this is happening. Luckily, I no longer watch either shows (although I do occasionally check in to hear what’s on).

7. Amanda says:

Stopped watching GH a few years back because I didn’t have time but can’t imagine him on another Soap. I still remember when he was just the boring Quartermaine brother. He has the right to take any job he is offered but to many people he will always be Jason

8. uh huh says:

Jason was an UNBELIEVABLY boring character, played as boringly as possible by this guy. Good riddance.Hopefully the new people running GH will continue to alienate/backburner/get rid of the rest of the mobsters and killers portrayed as “heros” on the show.

• StupidPeopleShutUp says:

Nobody on here has any right WHATSOEVER to judge how Steve Burton decides to live his life! What world do you live in? I hated Jason and I think SB is the world’s wirst a tor, but “lying” and making a polite public statement to the press are NOT THE SAME THING. The only tantrums being thrown here are by people who are so colossally arrogant they need therapy.

• BP says:

The only tantrums being thrown on here is by you, SPSU. You are taking the negative comments about Steve Burton way too personally. If I didn’t know better, I would think you were him. Your behaviour is getting freaking creepy.

9. Lori says:

What a jerk! He leaves GH in the year of the show’s 50th anniversary when he knows ABC is dying to get rid of it because he claims he wants to move to Tennessee for a quieter life. And now he is going to be on another soap? He is a liar and an ingrate! GH gave him a home and made him a boat load of money for decades and he just dumps them like that? I loved Jason but now I hope they recast. I’ll never support Steve Burton in anything he does ever again!

• jenny says:

Someone leaving their job to try something new isn’t a new concept. It is possible to be appreciative or what helped you become who you are and where you are, without being committed to it forever. Not too many of us only stuck with one job or one relationship from a young age, til the end of time. Ideally we would be, but that isnt’ always how life works. Did he really turn his back on the show or are some of you turning your back on him cause him being not being on GH means that you don’t benefit from seeing him play a specific character?

• ty says:

Sometimes people say what they feel and something changes their mind. Maybe it wasn’t a claim, maybe it was what he felt. Are you such a perfect person Lori that it can’t happen to you?

• StupidPeopleShutUp says:

How is leaving their job after TWENTY YEARS being an ingrate? He owes you NOTHING. Get professional help. You’re high or stupid.

• Carmela says:

He sounds like a liar to me as well and total ingrate I agree with 100 percent

10. TW says:

It would be awesome if Y&R would focus on the cast they already have rather than bring in new actors/characters.

• Jill go find your Jack says:

Agree but Jill Faren whatever will first run off Peter B and then Eric B, why because she has no respect traditional family characters. Yes the Abbotts and Newmans are dyfunctional but that is what makes the show. She will destroy those families like she and others did the Quaterlemaines. Farren is good at one thing, one syllable actors who will be her yes people, I do not see Eric B putting up with her.

11. Josh says:

Please GH don’t recast Jason

12. ROXY says:

where in TN

13. Samfan says:

I wish Steve much luck and success in whatever he attempts to do. I personally miss him on GH as Jason. As a JaSam fan, of course, I miss the hope of a future for the Morgans (Jason, Sam & Danny).

God bless.

14. JustAGirl says:

I think it’s hilarious that people actually think he left GH to “spend more time with his family.” It’s PR people. He left for business reasons and he joined YR for business reasons. Not faulting the guy at all, but can we please not pretend that the crap spewed by press people is legit? Next you’ll tell me celebrities really have “dehydration” and need rehab for “emotional issues.” Wake up.

• Betty says:

Agree…..spending time with the family is ridiculous. Why go back to work in LA then? NY is much closer to Nashville. Jill will give him what he wants and didn’t get at GH…..nice paycheck, control over his character, lots of vaca time for Port Chuck, the amount of taping days he likes, NO loves scenes and probably no shirt removal either. I think this little deal was known BEFORE he quit GH.

• shari says:

I will definitely miss him on GH sad that he didnt know baby was his sad he and sam wont have the happily ever after life (maybe they will bring in another Jason altho wont be the same for sure) any way if he wants to do a show with no love scenes and no shirt removals kuddos to him. its his life his choice and no one elses business.

15. Jared says:

I really wish Burton would get off the soaps and jump on a primetime drama. If ABC were smart they should have kept him on the network and used him elsewhere in a supporting role. kind of like what Jonathan Jackson is doing on Nashville. I’m sure Nashville could have written a part for him on the second half of the season.

16. Mika says:

Jason fans should have no fear. Countless actors have left their respective soaps to try out new things and sadly for them most come crawling back eventually. Mark my word, Burton will come back to GH some day.

• ABBY says:

I’m not a Jason fan (I think his the dark cloud of PCs) but as a GH fan I have to say the sad fact is it may not have long left, the epic fails of some of the soap replacement shows (The Revolution, GAA) have bought GH some time but it may only have a year or two left and unless SBu character is an epic fail and gets canned within a year or so there may never be a chance for him to return.

17. KCC says:

Imagine having Nick (Joshua Morrow) and XX (Steve Burton) fighting for you? Avery (Jessica Collins) is one lucky gal!

18. Someone with all that talent, Good luck and congratulations.

19. Staci says:

I am so excited to hear Jason is coming to young and the restless maybe eventually he can fall in love with Sharon and have friendships with Adam Phyllis and jack can’t freaking wait

20. Linda says:

“he will play Avery’s ex, Dylan McAvoy, who is a presumed-dead war vet. ” This sounds just like Supernatural’s Sam’s storyline right now.

21. shadester says:

he definately was not on the back burner he was always a front runner. not sure where you are getting that. I am disspaointed but they have lives people.

22. Carolyn Bosu says:

If Steve was tired if the story, burnt out on the hours or not happy with the new boss why didn’t he say so & not lie to his fans?

23. ABBY says:

I am so thrilled with this news.. I don’t watch Y&R, may SBu always be employed on shows I don’t watch!

24. This is some BS… why would he leave and tell everyone he wanted to be a fmaiy man in TN if he was really just changing soaps LAME and I am so disappointed in him and pissed off

25. sarah says:

Oh good now he can eat Y&R whole like he did GH. Enjoy Y&R fans, soon all storylines will revolve on him saving the day & everyone else being dumb. It is too bad, Y&R was getting good again. . . .

26. General Hospital glorified mobsters and killers for far too long. The characters Jason and Sonny should both die horribly and never be allowed to return. GH is good again because of the changes and I’ve started watching a little more. I’ll be sure and tune in even more now that I know Jason is gone.

27. emilykasey says:

Why not is jason going to be on gh why is jason gone:-)
    Text me back:-)
    Emily

• hil says:

It really is no ones business why he left gh you people need to get a grip it’s just a show

• Carol says:

Steve burton is doing what he needs to do. I really miss him on GH but I guess Y & R needs someone great like SB to get their ratings up. Theshowneeds a break from the fights of Victor and Jack. Victor dies all the time and comes back meaner than ever. Love me some Jason!!

28. Jimmy says:

Seriously, what the hell? Steve Burton BELONGS on GH, not Y&R. He’s a great actor, and will be a great addition to the cast, but other actors (that were recently let go) serve a greater purpose on Y&R. I would LOVE to see Genie Francis, Debbi Morgan and Jennifer Landon back on Y&R instead of all these new characters taking over. Marcy Rylan is already back, maybe that’s a sign. But I have a strong feeling that JFP is gonna trash this show and there isnt a damn thing that can be done until someone new, who understands Y&R’s background, and what fans of the show want to see, takes over.

29. Nicole says:

Oh no he didn’t. He claimed he left GH to move his family to Nasville. However Y&R films in LA like GH does. Maybe that was the excuse he gave to cover up the real reason he left. That’s just kind of a slap in the face to GH I feel.

30. Mary says:

This not surprise to me Leave GH now go Y&R.

31. God Bless says:

I can’t beieve Burtonis DOING this to us!

He owes us sooo much better!

I could kill somebody over this!!!

• Dawnmac says:

Umm, you know he is an actor and General Hospital isn’t real don’t you? It is job and if wasn’t happy with GH than he should and can move on. I personally don’t like the fact that GH has turned into One Life To Live part two so I can’t blame the guy. Regardless, he owes you nothing so time to calm down.

• Jimmy says:

In all fairness, GH hasnt really turned into OLTL part 2, sure Todd, Starr and John are over there with contracts, and Blair and Tea pop up now and again, but GH is still GH. It’s not like the Cartini team fired a whole bunch of GH stars to make room for faces from OLTL, and GH is doing ALOT better since the Cartini team took over. Look at all the returns that happened this year. But still, Steve belongs on GH, not on Y&R. And if the real reason he left GH was to go to Y&R, I would have preferred if he said so

• Sam says:

I challende you to name 3 charcters who have lost their jobs to make room for the Oltl actors. In fact Kassie DePaiva gave an interview and stated she wasn’t initially happy because she wasn’t offered a contract and Cavalarti explained to her that it was due to the fact that GH already had a female lead too similar to Blaire’s character in Carly. I think the Oltl people have meshed well..ALL THREE of them.

And regarless he didnt have to give a reason for leaving for all of you stating that…but he could have said no comment instead of lying through his teeth.

32. Carilla Marsh says:

For shame Steve Burton. You let down a lot of us that wanted Jason and Sam to have some happiness. You lied as reason for leaving. You could have been truthful. I hope they replace you and let Sam be happy.

33. JASon says:

The show is better without him! Todd Manning, Anna devane, Robert Scorpio, Connie Falconari, and faison/duke have been turning the show around since he left!! Now if only he would take Carly with him!

34. Elizabeth Morgan says:

*snort* What a surprise. Not! As soon as JFP took over Y&R, and Valenti made Michael E’s character the new hero on GH, it was just a matter of time. But good for Steve. Y&R is still #1 all these years later.

35. keith heard says:

Steve burton SUCKS HE IS A LIAR HE WAS PLANNING TO LEAVE ANYWAY.HE LET GH DOWN THEY SUPPORTED HIM THEY DID NOT DISERVE THAT. I WISH HIM BAD LUCK

36. Tracy says:

You guys are crazy. He is an actor on a show, and a human being with a family. He can do whatever he wants with his life – it’s his LIFE! Get over it!

37. heidi ukoja says:

Wow! I cant belive he let his fans down.he was the only
    Reason why I watch general hospital.I watch that show 20 yrs now.I cant belive him, I honestly want to cry.I hope this is a joke.please Jason dont leave us..xo

38. Sam says:

The project he was referring to for anyone who read that actual interview was a telenove that he JFP and James Franco were working on together. That project was not Y&R he lied to his fans because he couldn’t handle telling the truth. JFP helped make him the center of GH and he will end up the center here. There is plenty he could have done in the estern states but he chose LA … if he has come right out and said he was unhappy with where his character was heading and therefore decided to leave the show his loyal fans of over 2 decades wouldn’t feel so betrayed.

• Josie says:

u are ridiculous…in that same interview they asked if he might go to Y&R and he said never say never which was basically yes….it was OBVIOUS to anyone with a brain that as soon as Jill went to Y&R, Steve would too…. Cartini did not treat him as well as Guza and Phelps did and Jason was slowly replaced by Todd & John… Glad he left that crappy show and hope he does well as Y&R (if he ever actually confirms that he going cause he’s been completely silent on this subject)

39. Sam says:

Are you all aware Phelps was in charge for a long time at GH and ran it to almost the brink of cancellation… I am glad she is Y&R. Let her trash that show.

40. T~ says:

WOW what a liar. Lost all respect for him as a fan. Family time my ass.

41. Martha says:

Miss u aLOT ON GH. WISH THEY COULD HAVE DONE A BETTER JOB ON YOUR EXIT . I BELIEVE HE WILL BE BACK. GOD BLESS U ON YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS

42. Anonymous says:

He said he was leaving General Hospital to move his family to LA. So for General Hospital fans that is a slap in the face and I would not watch him on another soap opera.

43. tina says:

I LOVE Steve Burton and his role as Jason Morgan and yes I miss him terribly on General Hospital but I’m not going to judge him if he is going on The Young And The Restless he did say he wanted to see if there were other things out there so why can’t he go to another soap if he wants to.He NEVER said anything about never coming back to General Hospital maybe some day he will.I truly hope he does until then I am always going to be a Steve Burton fan and I wish him and his family much happiness.LOVE YOU STEVE BURTON!!

• Ava says:

This post of yours is like a kiss-up.. In person he told us personally (in Connecticut) just a few weeks ago that he was not going to another soap opera, and left soley so he could move to Tennessee. In fact, he said he’d love to join the show “Nashville”.

We are not going to follow him to another soap opera. Its not our business whether he goes to Y&R or anything else, we just don’t like liars. I have enough of that in my own life, and we don’t need that from our favorite soap stars..

44. tina says:

Ava,I’m not trying to kiss up.I truly feel like I am intitled to my opinion just like you are intitled to your opinion which I respect.I am a Steve Burton fan whether he is on General Hospital or not.

45. tina l. taylor says:

I still like Steve Burton. When he said he was leaving GH to move to Tennessee to spend time with his family that was good. However, why would he go back to another soap opera which is filmed in LA when he lives in TN? It makes you wonder? It does sound like he was not being truthful to begin with. When he says he wants to see what’s out there, I thought it was in terms of producing and directing which he said he would and has done. I thought he would try his hand at more tv shows, and then later made for tv movies. He should try doing those. It would be starting out slowly and gradually moving further during your acting career. He said he’s a writer so he should do that too. As talented as he is he can try anything. God will bless him. The talent is there. Use it.

46. tina l. taylor says:

Steve your fans are turning against you. The question is what are you going to do about it? Pretty soon some of them might wound up hating your guts.

47. reader132 says:

You know, people forget that actors are people…..they play a part on a show it is not reality they are doing a job just like everyone else…..they give us some hours away from the daily grind…..they are not the characters they play……they have a life away from the shows they are on……they have to make decisions for their future and family……as fans we sometimes forget this…..Whatever job Steve takes I am sure his first thought was about what was best for his family first of all……He is missed on GH, but I wish him the best in whatever he does in the future…..May he get the time with his family that he and them want……God Bless you and your family Steve……Happy New Year also.

48. tina l. taylor says:

I am not against Steve at all. I’m just saying how his fans feel or would feel about him. If he was truthful to begin with then they would’nt be so angry with him. Any actor would do the most logical thing by stating the real reason why he left GH to begin with. If he was having issues all he had to do was say so. I still support him in any and everything he does. Whatever decision he makes is up to him. I have nothing to do with it. How everyone else feel is their business. Steve’s decision is his business. However, he does as he see fit he is a grown man.

49. Elizabeth says:

Have written a letter to Gh to let them know we here in Ms have Gh for years and that we were unsatisfaied of the story line they left us with of Jason and Sam. Love is great who ever you are and it covers a multitude . That’s the way God did it. To see luv potrayed in a soap and this couple over came much it was solid . I understand a out people writing junk oppose to writing something you can take way. See when you keep writing and pushing non sense to the public that is wah is in your heart. I understand Mr. Burton wanted to move on which that is fine everyone has a choice. But the writers can still cast Jason character again and let them be a daily to bring closure. Mc Qin is not for Sam No No No

50. Elizabeth says:

Mr Steve Burton you are a great actor , people will never understand when someone wants to make a change in their llife never stepping out because of fear. I have watched you tube for a month Jasam and to see how the love between the characters was great even though they thrower nonsense in your path you were able to come through. Living life is overcoming those things tah tries to take you out. They need to recast Jason and finish it.