Blind Item: Popular Drama Poised to Break Up Major Couple (and You're Not Going to Like It)

Get More: Blind Item

blinditemI hate to be the bearer of bad news just days before Christmas, but this secret has been burning a hole in my pocket for weeks and I simply must get it off my chest.

There’s increasing (read: deafening) buzz that a pivotal couple on a show with a very passionate audience may be going their separate ways by season’s end.

ASK AUSIELLO | Spoilers on HIMYM, Bones, Grey’s Anatomy, Happy Endings, Sons of Anarchy and More!

According to sources, producers of the hour-long drama in question are looking to close out the season with a bang, and they believe splitting up this beloved couple will provide just such a jolt. Additionally, the break-up (which it’s fair to say no one will see coming) would give the series a lot of creative juice as it heads into what could be its final season.

Of course, there are risks — namely, hell hath no fury like a powerful ‘shipper community scorned. And if the separation isn’t handled properly (i.e. if it’s not believable), even non-fans of the lovebirds may revolt.

VIDEO | Spoiler Alert! Dissects the Finales of Homeland, Dexter, Gossip Girl and More!

So, go ahead. Call me a Grinch in the comments. I deserve it. But while you’re at it, try and guess the identity of the twosome who may be spending their last holiday season together. To help you out, I’ve narrowed down the field of possibilities from 143 to just 9 in the photo gallery below. Consider it an early Christmas present from me to you.

Comments (935)

• Booth and Brennan?

Comment by Lambsilencer – December 21, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that was my first thought. sucks to think of a week without Bones … but it’s really run its course at this point …

Comment by Dave – December 21, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I disagree! I hope it’s not them. :-(

Comment by Carmen – December 21, 2012 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I disagree, too. I really don’t think it’s them.

Comment by Lauren – December 21, 2012 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I do…the showrunners are the type to want to have more of a bang then natural character progression…Zach anyone?

Comment by Josh – December 21, 2012 05:20 PM PDT
          • Hannnah anyone?

Comment by Gorgonzola – December 22, 2012 08:35 AM PDT
          • I don’t think it’s them, I think it may be Caskett (My fave couple of the lot) If he’s trying to give clues to who it is not the photos more like what is written then the “hell hath no fury” and not long before this the episode Secret Santa aired.. But that’s just a theory, if we were to just pretend he was just trying to make an impact with words and go with the photos.. Then is it weird there is 2 Grey’s couples and 2 Parenthood ones? maybe that’s telling us something.

Comment by Amz – January 8, 2013 05:30 AM PDT
      • No. Bones is still going strong in my book and there’s plenty of things that still need to happen so I think they could at least (hopefully) go another 2 seaons or more! (:

Comment by Lillian Rennee (@LillianRennee) – December 21, 2012 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think “final season” is important here. Bones is one of Fox’s biggest shows so I can’t imagine it’s heading into a final anything. Yeah, ratings are falling and it’s getting old, but all Fox has in the hour-long department are that and Glee, and they had an awful fall, so it’s doubtful they’d be planning on a final season yet. Same goes for the ABC shows, Grey’s Anatomy and Castle. Both are getting old, but ABC had a horrendous fall also, so those are certainly not looking into having final seasons anytime soon. ABC’s Once Upon a Time is too new and buzzworthy also. CBS’s The Good Wife has also plummeted since going to Sunday, so it’s definitely a possibility, but nobody on the planet would give a damn if the not-really-together Alicia and Peter broke up their non-existent relationship. NBC’s Parenthood should be canceled on a regular basis, but its critical acclaim keeps it hanging on and rumor has it it will be back for one season, so that is a possibility. Since Nikita BARELY made it to this season, I wouldn’t think they’d be planning on another, but I think it has been doing better in the ratings. Plus, one more season means syndication. And there has never been a show in the history of television LESS likely to air a wedding, so since they won’t shut up about theirs, it seems like a breakup has been in the works since before Michael proposed. So THAT’S the one I’m going with, even though the “no one will see coming” is more like “everyone sees coming”.

Comment by KevyB – December 21, 2012 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Bones would have to renegotiate contracts again to go past nine. It’s likely not cost effective at that point, not for the ratings. If it were doing NCIS numbers sure, but that’s not the case. It’s better to put money into developing new shows than throwing money at a declining one. Look at the history of House.

Comment by beckstle – December 22, 2012 06:42 PM PDT
          • When I read “could be last season” I immediately went to Grey’s – it’s already been said – many times – that next season could be its last. And with that, I’m voting Mer/Der

Comment by Kristen – December 27, 2012 12:40 PM PDT
          • My God, is there anything you don’t know? Pardon me if I don’t bow down to your infinite wisdom, but I don’t agree with some of your OPINIONS. I live on this planet and I would like to see Peter and Alicia stay together. Given that the divorce/break-up rate of TV couples is about 90%, it would be refreshing to see one relationship go through hell and survive. And as for Parenthood, I think it is a great show and I hope it isn’t canceled. I think it deals with a lot of crap that families go through openly and honestly, unlike most TV dramas which are about as realistic as reality shows.

Comment by Bill – January 22, 2013 02:17 PM PDT
          • I don’t see how it can be Alicia and Peter since she just agreed to renew their vows; unless something happens on their wayto (or in) Hawaii; and a tragedy, though it opens the door to a romance for Alicia with someone new (maybe Eli?) would be *very* hard on the kids, though they are almost adults; the show is best when dealing with legal issues, but if it wants to go the “soap opera direction” story lines dealing with Zach and his sister (I can’t remember her name at the moment) might appeal to a younger audience)

Comment by Cindy – April 23, 2013 05:22 PM PDT
        • Yeh, Meredith is finally pregnent! But Grey’s anatomy is in their season 9 now, and they have been in a flight, bomb, shooting, bus, cancer, cheating, loosing baby and alot of break ups. Grey’s anatomy is my Life, I hope they don’t stop with a break up between Merder, I would die!
          Instagram: greysanatomylover

Comment by Sara – December 22, 2012 04:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Shonda has said that Merder belong together. I don’t think she’ll break those two up again. Marital strife can also provide plenty of fodder for story, after all.

Comment by Mitholas – December 24, 2012 02:38 AM PDT
          • “Shonda has said that Merder belong together. I don’t think she’ll break those two up again. Marital strife can also provide plenty of fodder for story, after all.”

Whatever! Shonda will break them up then kill one of them. That’s exactly what she does.

Comment by Kristen – December 27, 2012 12:41 PM PDT
          • My first thought was Cristina and Owen but Mike said that no one would see it coming. Some people kind of see it coming.

Even though Owen and Cristina have been having a LOT of sex lately, he spent a lot of these past couple of episodes bonding with Alana.

Comment by Rose – February 15, 2013 03:33 PM PDT
      • I totally disagree. I love Brennen and Bones together, but I wouldn’t mind a fight or two to spice things up. I think it is probably time for another Derek and Meridith break-up.

Comment by Jean – December 21, 2012 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They are pregnant, and had tons of breakup in the past, I don’t think it’s them..

Comment by Lisa – December 21, 2012 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • They are not pregnant and have never really broken up before, because they were never really together till Christina. Both actors have said it is about time to end the show!

Comment by sheeri – December 21, 2012 08:51 PM PDT
          • Same here…it wouldn’t be anything new, that’s for sure

Comment by Shay – December 21, 2012 10:08 PM PDT
          • I think Lisa was referring to Derek & Meredith, not Booth and Bones

Comment by Marie – December 21, 2012 11:10 PM PDT
          • This! It’ not MerDer, They’ve had tons of break ups and disaster things happen to them in the past. Meredith is pregnant right now it’s doubtful that they’ll break up and the fact that everyone assume GA anytime there is a blind item is annoying

Comment by TeamMerDer – December 22, 2012 09:19 AM PDT
          • But that’s the thing. The minute Meredith said she was pregnant I thought, “Oh yeah, she’ll lose it.” I’m not saying that’s what I want, it’s just a recurring pattern with Shonda.

Comment by Alie Hunter – December 22, 2012 10:34 AM PDT
          • LOL exactly it’s Shonda :P We expect the worse. Plus, Meredith and Derek kinda broke-up during Zola’s adoption. Doing practically the same thing with this baby, would be repetitive and certainly not get the “creative juices” flowing.

Comment by Jess – December 22, 2012 11:32 AM PDT
        • Brennen is Bones…You mean Booth and Bones

Comment by Maria – January 2, 2013 01:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • its probably nikita… but Castle and Bones are possibilities.. NO chance in hell Once Upon a time, Parenthood and Greys bcuz next season wont be their last.. On the Good Wife though I think its expected and it doesnt have much devoted fans>

Comment by forg_gay – December 23, 2012 01:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wonder if this will be tied to the comment made awhile back that one of the coupons on Parenthood will have a person cheating on their significant other.

Comment by Theresa – December 21, 2012 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Already basically happened and they broke up. :)

Comment by beckstle – December 22, 2012 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I hate the troubles between Sarah and Mark, but I kind of like that, for once, it happened in a way where you can genuinely feel sorry for both the characters. Sarah didn’t *actually* cheat on Mark, but it’s so understandable that Mark doesn’t know what to think anymore.

It’s also time for Drew, Zeek and Camille to get some fresh storylines. Those characters have felt a bit neglected this season.

Comment by Mitholas – December 24, 2012 02:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This was my first instinct too.

Comment by Margo – December 21, 2012 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t know if it’s them. Hart Hanson is cruel, but Shonda Rhimes likes to kill couples, so it could be a couple on Grey’s…and I’m hoping that it’s on Grey’s.

Comment by Emily – December 21, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Compared to Shonda, Hart Hanson is a fairy godmother.

Comment by -A – December 21, 2012 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Lol, you can say that again!

Comment by Liz – December 22, 2012 01:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I hope it’s not grey’s, at least not MerDer

Comment by Jonathan – December 21, 2012 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Callie and Arizona immediately came to mind when I read this. It has to be them.

Comment by Elf – January 3, 2013 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I think it is them, and that, unfortunately would mean that Ausiello is taking a page out of Ryan Murphy’s book to call out lesbian shippers for being particularly problematic. I’d like to think better of him than that, so I hope it’s not true for that reason.

Comment by Marnie – January 23, 2013 03:55 AM PDT
    • It was my first thought too and after reading “heads into what could be its final season” that thought became stronger. But also that “very passionate audience” part made me think Caskett, because let’s face it, after the Glee fandom, I’ve never seen a crazier (and I say this in a good way because I’m in too) fandom than the Castle one. I hope it’s neither of them, nor Charming and Snow.

Comment by sofia – December 21, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Since the Charmings and Caskett are the only ones I care about and Caskett aren’t actually “together”, machts nichts.

Comment by Templar – December 21, 2012 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’ve never seen anyone outside of my own family say machts nichts before. AWESOME!

Comment by Calla Lilly – December 21, 2012 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Have you been watching this season? Castle and Beckett are indeed officially together (but don’t tell Gates). Ausiello never said married so dating works. It’s also not likely Castle’s last season by a long shot. I’d be surprised if they stopped at season 7 unless Nathan just decides he’s done. If they keep the stories strong and character relationships growing, no reason to think he won’t stick around.

Comment by scooby – December 21, 2012 11:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • The “hell hath no fury” comment about the ‘shipper community has me worried… that’s the title of one of his books that a murder was based on in 1×01 – what brought Castle and Beckett together in the first place. NF did say he would rather leave the show on a high than drag it out, so season 6 could be the last. SK is a Caskett shipper, but Marlowe runs the show and it wouldn’t surprise me if he broke them up.

Comment by H – December 22, 2012 06:34 PM PDT
          • That and a recent spoiler said that Stana said about the finale that there are “mini bumps but that there is some high-stakes stuff that will bring them even closer”

Comment by Elizabeth – March 13, 2013 07:18 AM PDT
      • I’m changing my vote. With all the recent events that took place on Once Upon a Time, it totally is going to be Snow and Charming, unfortunately. Not that Booth & Brennan or Castle & Beckett were better options, because NO, that just can’t happen. Booth & Brennan will have the marriage talk once again before this season’s end and I hope in a more serious way that the past ones were, and Beckett is going to tell Castle that she loves him, also before this season’s end. And I don’t watch either of the other shows.

Comment by sofia – March 22, 2013 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nahhhh. It says the breakup would give juice to a “creative finale season” or something like that.

Bones probably has two more seasons left, and they were apart for 6 years and did nothing creative, so why break them up now?

Probably that Grey’s show.

Comment by Midori004 – December 21, 2012 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It has to be bones

Comment by leah – December 21, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I won’t be Bones. They’ve been renued for season 9 and will most likely go into season 10. Hart said once he gets them together e won’t break them up. PLUS they wouldn’t be able to work together anymore after that. ESPECIALLY since they have Christine. It won’t be B&B.

Comment by Chelsea – January 13, 2013 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, my first thought was Booth and Bones, which seems like a terrible idea, because Bones seems like its closest to a likely final season. OUaT is only on its 2nd and has good ratings. Grey’s may never die, Castle still has life left in it, and they’ve only been together for a year. I could be wrong, but I’m not sure Alicia and Peter are solid enough to really have a break up be that shocking. Nakita is another possibility for one more season, but if they are not guaranteed a next season, I can’t imagine breaking them up would be a smart move. And maybe Kristina and Adam, that would certainly be shocking, I just hope its not Julia and Joel, I like them, but they don’t seem pivotal anyway, so I’m not that worried.

Comment by Drewer – December 21, 2012 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I just think that after so much, like Max, Haddie, Lunchonette, Cancer, Kristina and Adam are the only couple who would NEVER break up. So, it’s probably them, which I would HATE! But, my money’s still on bones, they have been torubles about their not married status, and the producers said that altough they will mention a marriag,e there wont be a one on this season, so… Probably they.

Comment by Pearl – December 22, 2012 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t think Booth and Bones because Hart had said he had plenty of stories to tell through a Season 10, and he wanted to get to 200 episodes (Season 10), and they are now officially renewed for Season 9. Other than Castle, OUaT, and now Nikita, I’m not really familiar with the others, so I hope it’s one of the ones I don’t know or care about. I abandoned Grey’s a loooong time ago, so I’d be fine with it being Grey’s.

Comment by BonesForever – January 9, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s very clearly The Bonz Show. It’s ratings have fallen quite a bit this season, and it’s getting more expensive to produce. So I’m sure next season will be the last.

Bye-bye, Bonz!

Comment by Mary – December 21, 2012 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • First Fox scripted show. In its eight season. See you next year, and the one after that one…Oh BTW it’s called BonES.

Comment by Rita – December 21, 2012 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My very first thought was Meredith and Derek on Grey’s Anatomy. That is the show that fits the bill for a possible final season. If Shonda did that i would well and truly HATE HER! The only other show on the air that fits the bill is Bones meaning Booth and Brennan.

Comment by greysfan – December 21, 2012 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Grey’s is not going into its final season. Not a chance. The ratings are still quite strong.

Comment by Michael – December 22, 2012 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Grey’s is on the decline. The test will be how the ratings fare the rest of the season. Grey’s is on the same path as Desperate Housewives in its 9th season. If the ratings sink to 2.5, season 10 will probably be the last. It’s expensive paying the show’s stars $325,000 an episode with no return.

Comment by Bonnie – December 22, 2012 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Greys is the still one of the highest rated dramas in the 18-49 demo. When you add in the DVR + 7 numbers, no other drama can beat in the demo.

Comment by cc – December 22, 2012 03:03 PM PDT
        • Grey’s may be going into its final season because most of the actors have pretty much expressed a desire to leave the show in the near future, It doesn’t matter the ratings if Ellen Pomeo, Patrick Dempsey, Sandrah Oh, and most of the main cast leave after this or next season.

Comment by Rob – December 22, 2012 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Shows don’t only end because of low ratings. The longer that a show is on, the more expensive it is to produce in general, let alone pay the long term cast members. That doesn’t mean that next season will be it’s last, but does mean that your rationality holds less weight than you seem to believe.

Comment by Jest – December 23, 2012 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Exactly! That’s what happened to The Practice – it was number 1 when they cut it because of the expensive cast. Still miss that show!!

Comment by Kristen – December 27, 2012 12:46 PM PDT
      • I think Grey’s was included here because there are so many couples & its been around long enough that each new season could be its last. But he chose the only two couples on the show that are actually together. That feels like a scare tactic to me.
        Derek and Meredith already did the – have a baby and break up thing – so I doubt Shonda would repeat that story line.
        And Callie and Arizona spent the first 10 episodes of the season struggling to stay together. I can’t see Shonda breaking them up after spending half of the season showing them repairing their relationship. Plus, with these two, Shonda said she wanted to show that an amputee can be flirty and loving and fun and sexy etc. I don’t think she’d break them up if that’s the message she was going for.
        My money is on the Parenthood couple. Doesn’t Monica Potter’s character have cancer? If you do a cancer break up wrong, you’re definitely going to have some negative backlash. Even from non-shippers.

Comment by Billie – December 22, 2012 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh hell no. I want them married at the end of the year. If it is, I will revolt seriously. LOL

Comment by BJohnson – December 22, 2012 12:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Could be Booth and Brennan, but the hell hath no fury bit makes me think it’s caskett, and that really upsets me. They just got together, breaking them up would be a really dumb move. I don’t think castle will be in its final season next season but you never know I suppose. Ratings have dropped a little but it’s still very strong on Monday nights, always the number 1 watched scripted show. Plus all the books, games etc. I know some fans have been really annoyed that caskett has had issues ever since they got together, almost every ep has Beckett being insecure or castles very colorful past coming up. And yeah, I guess it’s frustrating to have to watch every episode with Beckett being insecure. I know a number of folks who have dropped the show because they felt it was repetitiive in terms of the episodes always making Beckett jealous. So judging by this, if it is them, they will just kill the show. 90 percent of castle fans are caskett fans, so ruin that, and the show goes. I know I will stop watching because it wouldn’t interest me to see them dance around each other again, I waited 4 years, now I want to see them grow, not take steps back.

But having said all this, Marlowe isn’t stupid, he should know how the fans feel, and if it is really ending in season 6, then they need time to cover a lot of ground. Possible moving in together, possible false alarm pregnancy, possible engagement, and maybe end season 6 with a wedding. Breaking them up by season end would be wasting good episodes where they can make them grow instead.

Also, does Marlowe plan the season finale so soon? It’s only aired its 9th ep, right now they are throwing ideas for the two parter, so the finale seems a bit far off for them to have their stories outlined right?

Comment by So – December 22, 2012 01:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree! When I saw “hell hath no fury” ya I thought of castle but then I thought the same as you! I trust AWM and he knows if he split them we would be so mad.. Plus ya he hasn’t started planning for the finale yet

Comment by Kate – January 8, 2013 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. It wouldn’t make sense if Beckett and Castle broke up. I mean the only reason Castle has been working with Beckett is because of a possible relationship, so if they broke up there would be no reason for him to continue working with her, hence no next season. So no I don’t think it’s Caskett.

Comment by comzi – January 21, 2013 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hope so! Never bought them as a couple. Just because the leads of a show are a man and a woman doesn’t mean they MUST be together. They have ZERO chemistry.

Comment by GoGiants – December 22, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ok WHAT are u kidding??? They have had chemistry since season 1!

Comment by Kate – January 8, 2013 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bones fans aren’t nearly as passionate as Grey’s or Castle’s. But I don’t think Castle is heading into its last season. Or that it would come as such as shock. It has to be Grey’s. (The other shows don’t have such passionate fans. Maybe Nikita).

Comment by Barbie Furtado – December 22, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Seriously–Bones fans are every bit as passionate as Castle fans, if not more! I would have a total fit if they broke up, but since they are renewed for Season 9, there is NO way they would break up. B&B ARE the show.

Comment by BonesForever – January 9, 2013 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah it’s probably Bones, it fits all the clues. The show is wobbling on its last legs, the writers are clearly out of ideas, just as clearly, the showrunner never wanted them as a couple anyway considering the laughable lengths he went to to keep them during the previous 50 seasons, and the minute you drag babies into a procedural cop show, it’s signals the begining of the end.

Comment by alison@yahoo.com – December 22, 2012 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking Angela and Hodgins…

Comment by CAM – December 22, 2012 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was one of my first guesses… if I had to pick:
      Nikita – Only b/c I don’t watch this show, but I know it was a long shot for a renewal this season, so I’d be surprised if they got another season after next, if they even get that.
      Bones – I don’t watch this show either, but I know enough to know everyone would be REALLY upset if they split, but I don’t see the show ending soon.
      Greys – I do think they are nearing the end of this series, but Meredith and Derek won’t be split. As for Callie and Arizona, I can definitely see it happening.
      OUAT and Castle – No way it’s either of them, b/c I see them having way more than just one more season.
      Parenthood – Very possible the show is nearing their last season, but there’s no way that Adam and Kristina will be split. I’m not entirely caught up, but Julia and Joel could possibly be it. I would be VERY upset about that, b/c I’ve always felt they were in it for the long haul.
      Good Wife – No one would give a rat’s butt if Peter and Alicia split.
      My money is on either Callie/Arizona, Nikita, or Bones.

Comment by Kristen – December 24, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Im thinking Joel and Julia (parenthood)as well, they have never been broken up before and have always been the perfect and Idea couple but this season they see to be cracking under pressure . While they are a fan favourite couple though, I wouldnt say they have a rabid shipper community. So Im not quite sure its them.

My other guess is Michael/Nikita. They seem to suit the CW rabid shipper community that wouldnt receive this news too well.

Comment by Cros – December 25, 2012 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • it wont be Callie and Arizona because Shonda loves them just as much as Mer and Der and she wants this storyline with Arizona losing her leg to be flirty and loving she wouldnt do that to the millions of Calzona fans out there. She knows if she did that we would not watchGreys and it would defo be in its last seaon which i dont think it is really

Comment by Seana – December 29, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Do you know how many times viewers have said that? I could go to any Grey’s board in ALL the years past and count how many people claimed they “would never watch again”, that still in fact watch. Shonda might love a couple, but proof is in the pudding that that won’t stop her from breaking them up. However, it has been confirmed that Grey’s Anatomy isn’t the show for the blind item.
          Now my money is either on Parenthood or Nikita or Bones.

Comment by Kristen – January 10, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Caskett. They dropped a hint last week when Beckett looked concerned about what she had heard from Castle’s ex-wife.

Comment by Bea – January 9, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It wasn’t doubt. It was determination. She’s DETERMINED to break down the walls no other woman has.
        Like others said, there’s no show if they broke-up. Castle’s not a cop. He’s there volunteerily so if they break up they wouldn’t work together anymore.

Comment by Alie Hunter – January 9, 2013 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • my thought exactly! i think it is either them or Mikita. MerDer and Calzona are in not danger i think, MerDer has been through everything there is and are together and they already had the break-up drama one too many times and Calzona already played that card with the Africa thing. OUAT is in no danger of cancellation so not them, i don’t watch Castles or Parenthood so can’t judge. i don’t want it to be BB or Mikita but that is all i am left with to think.

Comment by farsia2010 – January 13, 2013 04:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw MerDer. And I’m all for it.

Comment by Nancy – December 21, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Say, not saw.

Comment by Nancy – December 21, 2012 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • saw is technically correct here though because the original poster could be talking about seeing their picture in the gallery posted in the article

Comment by Alan – December 21, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • She is the original poster

Comment by Sara – December 21, 2012 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • so she is, didnt look at usernames since it seemed like a grammar nazi response. apologies

Comment by Alan – December 21, 2012 02:40 PM PDT
    • considering the last blind item was about Mer/Der scrub them off your list

Comment by heather (@auzzigrey) – December 21, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • my first thoughts exactly,
      - strong fanbase (check)
      - come as a shock (check, considering they just went through with the adoption)
      - close out season with a bang (check, typical shonda finale move)
      - restart creative juices (check, also seems more likely now that Patrick Dempsey has decided to stay ie. gives him more development)

Comment by jenna – December 21, 2012 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • meant to say now that mer is pregnant!

Comment by jenna – December 21, 2012 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Didn’t Shonda say she’d never break them up?

Comment by Josh – December 21, 2012 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • well she also said that mark and lexie have a bright future!

Comment by noo – December 21, 2012 05:55 PM PDT
          • also said izzie didn’t have a tumor!

Comment by J – December 21, 2012 08:41 PM PDT
      • Next season isn’t Grey’s last.

Comment by Sarah – December 21, 2012 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Many of the actors resigned for 2 seasons, they’ve been on the show for so long I wouldn’t be surprised if they decided not to renew

Comment by christina – December 21, 2012 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • True, the main folks signed on for 2 years.

Comment by BJohnson – December 22, 2012 12:08 AM PDT
          • Signing for two seasons just means that they are obligated to return IF the show is renewed. It doesn’t make renewal a guarantee. In Greys case there is no reason to believe that there won’t be the next season, but there is logical reason to believe that next season may be it’s last. That doesn’t mean that it will be, but means that it is possible, if you look at things from a realistic perspective.

Comment by Zerb – December 23, 2012 07:18 PM PDT
      • maybe callie and arizona, but grey’s is def getting close to it’s end
        or booth and bones

Comment by ctemd – December 22, 2012 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood or Bones gets my vote.

Comment by Janey – December 21, 2012 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wouldnt really have a opinion if it was Bones, i dont find them very believable as a couple, shes so cold and clinical that she doesnt come off to me as a very deep character. Parenthood, well i was hoping for Kristina to die, but she didnt so i doubt either will be cheating or breaking up.
      I could see it being Joel and Julia, maybe even the cheating..but its all on her shoulders. Im sorry but hes the perfect husband, when anything goes wrong its because of her. So if he cheats and they divorce i find it to be unbelievable.
      Lol really? Castle as a option? You specifically say “before their last season” i dont think Castle is ending on season 5 lol.
      Btw this better not be so lame ass ploy. They leak and get all hyped the idea of a breakup in a finale then it happens and its :O omg then the next season rolls around and they get back together and repair their relationship.

Comment by M3rc Nate – December 21, 2012 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Brennan, cold and clinical and who doesn’t come off as a very deep character? Obviously you don’t really watch “Bones” since Brennan is all but what you just said.
        She is the one paying for funerals for those who can’t pay (season 1), fighting for foster kids (season 1 and 2), who made herself as a possible suspect to help her father (season 3), who, when an ex boyfriend of her boss was murdered, leaving a daughter, that maybe since she had raised her while they were living together, she could take her home since her mother was already dead and she had no close family(season 4).
        She is the one who would go to funerals just so a mother would not bury her son all alone on a Christmas day (season 5), who would try everything to find the family of a teenage girl who was kidnapped when she was 3 (season 6), the one not judging someone badly because he had done some mistakes as a minor (season 7), the one fighting to get her family back after she was framed for murder (season 8).
        Tell me again that Brenan is cold and clinical!

Comment by SL – December 21, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I love your points. She views the world differently that’s why she may seem cold, but she’s not she’s full of emotions and I for one love when you can really see them.

Comment by Lillian Rennee (@LillianRennee) – December 21, 2012 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I totally agree. Brennan is a very loving woman now that her heart is opening up after the birth of her baby, even if she doesn’t go all mushy. She is full of passionate intensity. And Booth would die for her–almost has several times!

Comment by BonesForever – January 9, 2013 02:16 PM PDT
        • Brennan has Asperger’s, which means she doesn’t show much emotion–or know how to–doesn’t mean she lacks emotion.

Comment by AmbidextrousAspie – December 22, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Praise you!

Comment by Chelsea447 – January 13, 2013 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Joel and Julia would be the most devastating for me – he is such an incredible husband and makes her such a better person. I really hope it’s another couple.

Comment by Spencer – December 22, 2012 02:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Perfect people dont always stay perfect, an perfect people arent really 100% perfect

Comment by Cros – December 25, 2012 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • cue the Grey’s Anatomy fanatics in 3 … 2 … 1 …

Comment by Dave – December 21, 2012 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha!

Comment by Heatherjm – December 21, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • True we’re completely mad we grey’s fanatics, it has to be Calzona, we’re a pack of nutcases, seriously… as long as it’s handled right it should be interesting and dare I say fun

Comment by Keke – December 23, 2012 01:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Calzona on grey’s anatomy…

Comment by Chu – December 21, 2012 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My first thought after reading this.

Comment by maki – December 21, 2012 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • When new episodes return Calzona’s relationship gets steamy as they find their romantic groove again. So it will not be them.

Comment by sarah – December 21, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The article says that no one will see it coming.

Comment by Anna – December 22, 2012 02:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • thats my first thought except i can totally see it coming. i dont want it to, but i dont want it to be anyone on bones or parenthood either. so im just voting for the couple i love a little bit less. HA.

Comment by cjeffery7 – December 21, 2012 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree. But I can’t say that I would be that sad about it…

Comment by Anna – December 22, 2012 02:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aw no, Bones!

Comment by Laurel – December 21, 2012 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Two couple from grey’s anatomy, That is crazy, it wont be MerDer but imagine if it was Calzona, that would fit all the clues

Comment by seoph – December 21, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The fact there is two couples from Grey’s in the list. Ups the odds it’s one of them, right? And one of them is pregnant, so a breakup would be shocking if she’s still pregnant. But would it really bring about massive change to the show for it to be Meredith and Derek. They still have Zola.

Comment by Stacey – December 21, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I doubt it’s MerDer, especially because they had a big fight during the Zola adoption last time. Repeating the drama with McBaby #2 would just be repetitive

Comment by Tess – December 21, 2012 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • McTHIS.

Comment by DarkDefender – December 21, 2012 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only Bones is what I’m worried about, couldn’t care less about the rest

Comment by echox860 – December 21, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booth and Brennen?

Comment by Linda – December 21, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I didn’t even look at the pics before thinking it would be B&B and sure enough, they’re in the gallery.

Comment by Linda – December 21, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Same here, they were the first couple that came to mind.

Comment by Rain – December 22, 2012 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • David B said in a couple of interviews (before this season began) that B&B might break up…..since the Hannah thing, I always fear them breaking up again….

Comment by Nancy – January 25, 2013 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m thinking just the opposite for them. I think Brennan will finally agree to marriage at the end of this season.

Comment by Bob – December 24, 2012 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If we won’t see it coming, and yet shippers are passionate, I’m going to guess Snow and Charming on “Once Upon a Time”. I could easily see the other couples breaking up for various reasons, or as not having a passionate shipper community behind them.

Comment by lore – December 21, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is it likely that OUAT is going into its final season next year? No signs really to suggest that, surely?

Comment by Janey – December 21, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly. Snow and Charming are easily the ones that are out because they don’t meet the ‘could be the last season’ test.

Comment by ben – December 23, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HIghly unlikely that OUAT is going into its final season. Its ratings are very good and next season will be only its third season. So Snow and Charming are probably out.

Comment by CC – December 21, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Except he said going into what might be the final season for the show the couple is on, and no way is OUAT ending next season. I don’t see Castle or The Good Wife ending anytime soon either, and I’m not sure if Nikita or Parenthood will make it to another season, although I admit to not keeping up with Parenthood ratings closely. But I do know Grey’s and Bones might be ending their runs soon, so my best guess is Bones/Booth, followed by the Grey’s couples.

Comment by So Contagious (@socontagious19) – December 21, 2012 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Completly agree here!! I think the chances are stronger for the shows running 8/9 seasons than parenthood/nikita both on season 4? Or is nikita 3? OUAT will never not be renewed for at least season 4/5 with some of the best ratings across the board. I think booth and bones would b massive and would make me sad….

Comment by Megan S – December 21, 2012 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought the same thing. All the original Grey’s cast members signing for two more seasons last spring made most people assume that it’ll be ending after next season. Bones is doing well enough to get another season, but also seems to be running out of steam. The other shows either look like they’re good for several more seasons or would be lucky to make it past this one and most of them don’t have the kind of crazy shippers that Grey’s and Bones do (moreso Grey’s than Bones).

The only reason I’d hesitate to call it for Booth and Brennan is that they already split them up at the end of last season. Sure, it wasn’t a break-up, but it would still seem repetitive.

And Lord help Shonda Rhimes if she breaks up either of those two couples.

Comment by Kendall – December 22, 2012 01:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Why? Look what she’s done to other couples on the show.

Comment by Bonnie – December 22, 2012 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just can’t see them possibly breaking up. They are quite literally soul mates. That fact has been proven over and over again. After all that has happened between them, there just seems to be no way that they would willingly break up.

Comment by Jessica M – December 22, 2012 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it will be Snow and Charming.

Comment by Deb – December 21, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He said “as it heads into what could be its final season”. Once Upon A Time is only in Season 2 so it’s doubtful next year is the final season. That would omit Snow and Charming.

Comment by Rhonda – December 21, 2012 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope. Once isn’t going into it’s final season.

Comment by Mary – December 21, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess: Booth and Brennan. That’s the only show on the list I’m quite certain is heading to it’s last season next year.

Comment by R.H. (@alittlebitofm) – December 21, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess is they are either breaking up Angela and Hodgens, or Booth and Brennan on Bones

Comment by Greg – December 21, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Angela and Hodgens aren’t on the list.

Comment by Elyse – December 21, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I didn’t see the list before I posted.

Comment by Greg – December 21, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, I’m holding out for a marriage for Booth and Brennan.

Comment by Bob – December 24, 2012 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • two couples from Grey’s Anatomy joining the list?? oh, god…

Comment by Fellipew – December 21, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as its nos Caskett i’m ok… My guess is parenthood or nikita :(

Comment by luli – December 21, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The problem with breaking up Castle and Beckett would be that they’d lose the premise of the show. The whole point of the show is/was that Castle found Beckett interesting and alluring enough to follow around. If they broke them up, there would be no real reason for Castle to stick around the 12th and solve crimes … thus no show.

Comment by A – December 21, 2012 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly! I’m not worried: AWM is too in tune with the fan base to alienate the vast majority of them.

Comment by Lauren – December 21, 2012 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. Would totally remove the entire plot of the show. And even if the breakup was mutual and they remained friendly, Castle has always been there solely for Beckett. The reason just changed from research to like to love. And no matter how amicable your breakup was, you do not spend all day tailing your ex.
        And if this is leading to the final season, they might find out just how passionate this fandom really is. We will bring them a war…straight to their doorsteps!

Comment by Christy – December 21, 2012 10:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • People are already reporting that the next Nikki Heat novel is in the works so I think there’s at least a season 6 in store and it would NEVER work if they broke Caskett up. There are ways to get through troubled waters without breaking up a couple. I’ve always seen that as sloppy and cheap writing. Marlowe spend 81 episodes developing this love story. Why would he toss it in the trash so quickly?

Comment by Alie Hunter – December 21, 2012 10:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since I doubt OUAT is in any danger of enter it’s final season, that takes out that couple. Ditto with Castle. My guess is either one of the two couples on Grey’s or from Parenthood.

Comment by CJ – December 21, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • greys? :O

Comment by john – December 21, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m pretty sure it’s not Mer and Der. From everything that I’ve read, this is a stress free season for them as far as that kind of thing goes.

Comment by pam – December 21, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If no one sees it coming then MerDer on Grey’s are a good candidate. Or Calzona. Don’t care one way or the other but both couples are BORING.

Comment by Sandy – December 21, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CASKETT!

Comment by dref22 (@dref22) – December 21, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not them. Relax.

Comment by Ash – December 21, 2012 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m guessing Meredith or Derek or Callie and Arizona. The cast reupped for two more seasons, so I’m guessing that next year will be the last. Once, Bones, Castle, and The Good Wife I don’t see ending next year. Every time Ausiello interviews Hart Hanson he always talks about how he plans for Bones to continue. So, I’m sticking with Grey’s. I’m hoping it’s Callie and Arizona because I would hate to se Mer and Der call it quits, especially since she is expecting.

Comment by Eric – December 21, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly I watch all the Breakfast with Bones videos (with the showrunners) and they don’ talk about the show like its ending. It isn’t Caskett, Snow/Charming, or Micheal/Nikita. I think it will be one of the two couples from either Parenthood or Grey’s (probably Grey’s). My dark horse though is Peter and Alicia from the Good Wife.

Comment by JT – December 21, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Good Wife has been stinking it up in the ratings and will be lucky to see a full season next year. It could well be gone this year.

Comment by Alex – December 22, 2012 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going with Derek & Meredith or Callie & Arizona, because it’s the only one there which is pretty much guaranteed another series that is likely to be it’s last. Hope it’s not either but if it has to be one I want it to be C&A

Comment by guestofseth – December 21, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hoping its castle or good wife because I don’t watch those shows :)

Comment by Elyse – December 21, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You don’t know what you’re missing. Those are two of the stronger shows on the list in terms of production value and writing. (Although Good Wife did go downhill with the Kalinda husband thing– but at least that was dispensed with in a hurry.)

Comment by MM – December 21, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Honestly Castle is over-rated. When the leads hooked up it was so forced and cringe worthy, the shows definitely gone downhill.

Comment by Joe – December 21, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Only in your head was that forced. The entire fandom went nuts when Caskett came together (literally). Castle & Beckett have the BEST chemistry on tv at the moment. If that hook up was cringe-worthy, what shows have you been watching so I won’t watch them. The way he threw her up against that door and then they ravaged each other was seriously HOT!

I think it’s between Booth & Brenann and Derek & Meredith.

Comment by CaskettRdaBEST – December 21, 2012 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Considering it was the entire premise of the show that they’d end up together, I can’t imagine how that’s all that forced. But to each their own.

Comment by Ash – December 21, 2012 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree with you.

Comment by Chuck – December 22, 2012 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • What show were you watching? Caskett wasn’t force at all. And its not going downhill, season 5 has been a great one!

Comment by luli – December 22, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don’t let it be Castle and Beckett.

Comment by Kate – December 21, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “…even non-fans of the lovebirds may revolt.”
      Is there such a thing as a Castle fan who is NOT a Caskett fan? Just wondering…Anyway, I think this is a clue that there has been controversy regarding the couple and as far as Caskett is concerned pretty much every fan wanted them together,so…

Comment by TM – December 21, 2012 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. But there are non Castle and Beckett fans. But would NON fans revolt if it was Castle or BONES. They might welcome it!

Comment by Stacey – December 21, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah, I know there are 1 or 2 people that may be non- castle & beckett fans, but the article makes it seem like there was a significant part of the fans of the show (also in his interviews, Marlowe didn’t seem to want to break them up), but then again the ratings haven’t been stellar and maybe that’s what the “final season” comment was about. In Bones’ case, many fans didn’t like the way in which they got together and there are more non-canon fans.It’s also in its 8th season, so I dunno… I hope it’s neither of them, anyway.

Comment by TM – December 21, 2012 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Even if the ratings haven’t been stellar, Castle is in syndication and is making close to $2M an episode for the TNT reruns for ABC, not to mention the Nikki Heat and Derrick Storm novels. I think it has a good year or two left before it’s over. A lot of shows are down in ratings this season, so I don’t know how to judge what’s coming back or not by ratings alone.

Comment by CaskettRdaBEST – December 21, 2012 06:55 PM PDT
      • I stopped watching Castle because of where their relationship went, so you can’t say everyone loves them together. Then again, I stopped watching, which would exclude from fans, theoretically.

Comment by Chuck – December 22, 2012 05:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was my first guess (and my biggest concern because of REASONS) but realistically speaking, it’s pretty unlikely. Plus I don’t think Castle is heading into its final season.

Comment by nakedheat – December 21, 2012 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Out of experience with blind items, I have learnt that my first guess always happens to be my biggest concern. Every time I see a blind item about something bad happening my first thought is Castle, because it’s the only show I would mind it happening to(also, when I see a good blind item, but then I have to keep the excitement low, cause I hate false hope)

Comment by TM – December 21, 2012 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Heading into its final season” made me immediately think of either Bones or Grey’s Anatomy, so Derek/Meredith or Booth/Brennan are my guess. I don’t see Once Upon A Time or Castle on the edge of a “final season”. Nikita, while I love it, I don’t think the writers would do that to Michael/Nikita when they’re usually on the verge of cancellation as is (as is Parenthood, isn’t it?). The “non fans may revolt” line makes me think even more about Derek/Meredith.

Comment by Ashley – December 21, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I tend to count out Parenthood and Nikita because they may not be going into another season at all. And Once because it definitely has more than 3 seasons in it. That leaves only 5 couples. Bones, Two Grey’s, Castle, Good Wife. Has to be one of those 5.
      I don’t really think Mer/Der would give creative impetus to anything. It’s been done again and again. Also, I have trouble believing that Grey’s fans wouldn’t see anything coming… breakups are always coming on that show. Down to three.
      Bones is my best guess, Castle at two.

Comment by ben – December 23, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just gonna hope Shonda does not go there – with either couple! I could see Julia & Joel on Parenthood, though not sure if its that passionate a fan base / pivotal couple

Comment by Jj – December 21, 2012 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s not Bones; Hart Hanson has already said he’d never break them up. It’s definitely a couple from Grey’s.

Comment by Lauren – December 21, 2012 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL! Did he really? Because, Hart Hanson saying he’d never break them up is basically a guarantee that he will.

Comment by beckstle – December 22, 2012 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I say it’s not Snow and Charming because their more than destined–they’re a creaking fairy tale! Mer/Der have been back and forth so many times it would just be “eh”. Bones/Booth and Castle/Beckett just for together and are just now exploring that angle of story telling so that feels too soon and forced. Sadly, I don’t see Nikita going another season to explore the storyline (love the show! But the ratings have been sad). I say it’s one if the Parenthood couples.

Comment by Abby – December 21, 2012 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *freaking not creaking…

Comment by Abby – December 21, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nikita is a 3rd year show with a 4th season renewal it will go into stripped syndication numbers which will make the network and studio a lot of money in the long run do you really think they are gonna flush money down the toilet. Don’t be stupid

Comment by Michael – December 21, 2012 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It is not Nikita as he said ‘popular ‘ show.

Comment by Lisa – December 21, 2012 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kate and Castle :(

Comment by Carol – December 21, 2012 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My best guess would be Caskett. Especially since it’s still so early in their relationship. And if it is, Marlowe should watch his back.

Comment by Samantha – December 21, 2012 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not Castle. The comment about “getting the creative juices going” ruled them out as Marlowe and the cast all have said how the characters getting together has been like getting a new beginning, invigorated the story with new life and energy, given them more creative room …they aren’t concerned about getting the creative juices going. They also just don’t approach writing from such a plot-based perspective. It’s just not how the showrunners frame things when talking about the show. Bones or Grey’s – they are both very event oriented in their approach. I’d go with one of them. Timeline also makes the most sense – although Grey’s ratings are still high enough that I find it unlikely ABC is looking to end it.

Comment by beckstle – December 22, 2012 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OH god please dont let it be castle and beckett or booth and brennan please no

Comment by Karen – December 21, 2012 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmm I’m thinking either couple from Grey’s. Aren’t they close to approaching their last season?

Comment by Jenna – December 21, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only ones that would make me really angry and sad are Adam and Kristina or Joel and Julia. Please don’t let them break up.

Comment by Ariadna Oller Mitjanas – December 21, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m going to freak out if it’s either of them..

Comment by dee – December 21, 2012 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They were my first thought about “no one saw coming”, but wouldn’t they already be done with filming since it ends in February? Also, I doubt that they have really intense shippers.

Comment by fiyero – December 21, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, the season end soon, but maybe that’s exactly why the blind item was posted now, I really hope I’m wrong, the Bravermans have already too much on their plate.

Comment by Ariadna Oller Mitjanas – December 22, 2012 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i dont think its snow and james

Comment by Jonathan R Choy – December 21, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Meredith & Derek had their near-breakup when they got Zola, I doubt they’ll go that route twice, and this season has been MerDer at their strongest. I also can’t see Calzona breaking up again, especially given how theyre calling this ‘the season of romance’.

Comment by Mike – December 21, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it won’t be Snowing :(

Comment by Jen – December 21, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, the first two couples who came to mind where: Meredith and Derek, Becket and Castle. But Charming and Snow, maybe a possibility too.

Comment by Ann – December 21, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think callow and Arizona or Meredith and Derek

Comment by Persona – December 21, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Clearly it’s either Booth and Brennan or MerDer two shows likely only to have 1 more season that have very passionate followings.

Comment by Chance – December 21, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t see why P’hood would be entering its final season — it has its highest ratings ever right now.

Comment by Beth – December 21, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think it will be Prince and Charming because of this: “Additionally, the break-up (which it’s fair to say no one will see coming) would give the series a lot of creative juice as it heads into what could be its final season.” OUAT will not have its final season next year.

Comment by Lala – December 21, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if it’s caskett i’ll riot

Comment by Polly – December 21, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My 1st thought was Grey’s Mer&Derek but I don’t care much for B&B so I wouldn’t mind too much if it were them either.

Comment by laura meakin – December 21, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since the articles says it could be the final season, my guess is for Nikita

Comment by Travs – December 21, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nikita is getting renewed its close to stripped syndication numbers and 1st and sophmore show on the CW is doing about the same what Nikita does on a friday.

Comment by Michael – December 21, 2012 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The article refers to a show that will be renewed and will end after that season. I could see it being Nikita – the demos aren’t that good and it will reach syndication next year.

Comment by C – December 21, 2012 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • C i agree but it only need 11 ep to reach 100 ep also after season 4 that is a much better sell for warner and CW than 88-89 ep

Comment by Michael – December 21, 2012 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You are a hardcore Nikkita fan aren’t you? You sound a little desperate …

Comment by TBH – December 21, 2012 05:08 PM PDT
        • A show has to be bought by another network to be put into syndication and I haven’t heard Nikita has been sold to anyone. Just because a show reaches 100 episodes doesn’t automatically make it syndicated. Grey’s is well over 100 episodes and it isn’t syndicated because it hasn’t been bought into syndication.

Comment by Shawn – December 22, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think we can rule out Snow and Charming, because the show is heading into what might be its final season next year. Once is only in season 2, and it is a clear hit for ABC, so there’s no reason to think that season 3 will be the end. Even if, like Lost, ABC allows the writers to effectively cancel themselves, it won’t be for a while yet; Lost got six years before the end. I can’t see it being Meredith and Derek because we’ve been through all that before, so it wouldn’t really provide a new creative jolt to repeat what they did before, but Callie and Arizona are a possibility.

Comment by Jake L – December 21, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TBH and you are a worthless hater

Comment by Michael – December 21, 2012 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it definitely wont be castle and beckett since they only just got together. i can see mickey and nikki splitting up because they have written way too happy this season and that just screams something bad is coming but ill say its booth and brennan because they are definitely reaching final season territory

Comment by Alan – December 21, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it could be either The Good Wife, Parenthood or Nikita.

Comment by Sid – December 21, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s gotta be either MerDer or Calzona. None of those other shows look to be heading in to their final season, except maybe Bones.

Comment by Brett – December 21, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it’s “Mikita”…I’m one of the few who likes them better when they are apart. Season 1 with all that will they-wont they tension was fantastic!

Comment by Nicole – December 21, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also, do the P’hood couples actually have “shippers”? All the couples are married with kids and have been since the series began.

Comment by Beth – December 21, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah I really don’t think it’ll be Adam and Kristina. Especially after last weeks episode. I can sort of see it being Joel and Julia but even that is a little unlikely to me.

Comment by Sam – December 21, 2012 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • important rule about shippers: if two characters breath they are shipped by someone, somewhere; hell ive recently seen a character being shipped with himself s everything is possible in their crazy minds

Comment by Alan – December 21, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This sounds like Rule 34

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – March 15, 2013 12:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was going to say, can any of the parenthood couples be considered popular as the show sadly has such a small viewer-ship?

Comment by ctemd – December 22, 2012 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post