Bones Exclusive: Frasier Alum Is New Squintern

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Brian Klugman Bones Season 8 SquinternA new face is being added to Bones‘ rotating squintern pool.

Brian Klugman — who played Roz-crushing KACL staffer Kirby Garnder on Frasier — is joining the Fox drama as the Jeffersonian’s newest intern, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Bones 2013 Preview: Brennan Gets [Spoiler]!

His recurring character, Oliver Wells, is both brilliant (dude has four degrees!) and not at all intimidated by Brennan.

PHOTOS | Get a First Look at Booth and Brennan’s Big Dance Debut!

Klugman, who is the nephew of actor Jack Klugman, most recently wrote, co-directed and appeared in the Bradley Cooper thriller The Words. Additional credits include Cloverfield and Joan of Arcadia.

Comments (47)

• Does this mean one is leaving?

Comment by Abby – December 19, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I bet someone finds out about Arastoo and Camille’s relationship and he has to quit or something…

Comment by WKeith – December 19, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fisher and Wendell will be. They’re leaving for other shows.

Comment by Jeanne – December 19, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I did not think they could get anyone more annoying than Daisy. But they have. Dr. Wells has no redeeming virtues that I have seen.

Comment by Mary Jane, – February 7, 2014 11:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Remember Daisy is gone :)..at least I hope she is..can not stand her.

Comment by bonesfan – December 19, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Daisy isn’t gone, she is back in late Jan 2013. And I liked Daisy in her last ep . Thanks to Sweets being a total douchebag to her, it made me feel sorry for.

Comment by lynnie – December 19, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Wholeheartedly.

Comment by Sara – December 19, 2012 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i think he might be daisy replacement well at least i hope so cant stand her this looks like a food casting though

Comment by Karen – December 19, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We need ANOTHER squintern?

Comment by Endgame – December 19, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly.

Comment by Rach – December 19, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Srly yet another intern and actor reocurring on Bones? Hart Hanson would be more prudent if he focused on the characters he has got and give them a decent storyline. Like the male lead Booth. Who has NO centric eps about him or anything to do that doesn’t revolve around Brennan or Sweets. Well done Hart and Stephen Nathan *slow hand clap* Snark.

Comment by Jess – December 19, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why not another female squintern? There are already so many dudes. Mix it up a bit more, maybe?

Comment by Z – December 19, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly! There is never enough smart and strong women on TV

Comment by czzzz – December 19, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, a female squintern would have been nice. Especially with so many more women going into the field.

Comment by Linda – December 19, 2012 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Zach. No one has ever been as good as he was.

Comment by rachel – December 19, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah, zach was pretty cool, i miss him also

Comment by ray – December 19, 2012 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • bring back zach..

Comment by grace – December 19, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved Zach and hope he will come back…at least he isn’t dead like Mr. Vincent Miguel Murray that really made me mad for awhile. Zach was smarter than the rest and more of a nerd which makes it more fun!!!

Comment by Nanna – January 7, 2013 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • he is the replacement of Dr. Fischer
    but he kinda look like hodgins hehe

Comment by stephanie – December 19, 2012 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fisher is not leaving the show.

Comment by Piper – December 19, 2012 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope daisy comes back :(

Comment by adelina – December 19, 2012 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • seriously another dude intern? Daisy has been the only woman and she was shrill and often annoying. Can we not get another female intern just to mix it up a bit?

Comment by Cate – December 19, 2012 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How much do these producers dislike writing female characters? Seriously, there are more than 2 female scientists in the world and in college. And they made Daisy a younger, less socially awkward Brennan, so it’s not like they even tried with her. Stop it already with male interns!

Comment by Deb – December 19, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yea break Zach out of the Nut Hut and bring him back!! He was the best!

Comment by Piper – December 19, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another intern, zzzzzzz, cant we just get to season 9 and stop these filler episodes? Have the writers forgotten the main cast other than Brennan and Sweets. Lame

Comment by atlanta – December 19, 2012 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the squinterns especially Clark. I like when they bring bin someone new and watching Brennan interact with them. Should be interesting to see if he ends up fitting in or not.

Comment by Raechel Bosquez – December 19, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like to see a new female intern too. Though I couldn’t stand daisy from day 1. Was super excited when sweets turned her down

Comment by Heidi – December 19, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Daisy comes back, annoying but great.

Comment by marie – December 19, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Bones and all the characters. I was sad to see Mr. Nigel-Murray killed off back when that happened. Hope this guy does good. Hope Daisy sticks around. I also hope that her and Sweets get back together! Angela and Hodgins are my faves, though. Let them do awesomesauce together!!!! :D

Comment by Dark – December 19, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All this talk about female squints cracks me up. What about the lab itself? Angela, Cammile, and Brennan on the male side you got Hodgens. Go to the fbi side you have agent shaw. No new fbi guys. However a new female to replace daisy I would take any day.

Comment by Derek – December 19, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am, and forever will be a Mr. Vincent Nigel-Murray fan. I could care less about any of the others…. now, Finn, he was ah’ight. LOL! *BONES*

Comment by Becky – December 19, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Clark isn’t an intern anymore. He is probably replacing him.

Comment by Kari – December 19, 2012 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh god seeing him now makes me realising how long it’s been since Frasier was on air.

Comment by Ashley – December 19, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ikr… He was great on Frasier, but I never watched Bones so I don’t know what his character is. But it’s funny to read that he has 3 degrees

Comment by Sara – December 20, 2012 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Zack alot he was my favourite and I really dont want Fisher or Wendell to leave they are the best especially Fisher. Im hoping its not true that they are leaving but I look forward to a new intern as long as he doesnt upset Brennan to much

Comment by Cheyenne – December 19, 2012 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really miss Vincent Nigel Murray. My absolute favorite of all the squints. I also liked the guy who was on just once….he was older, He had previously had a myriad of jobs, so he could add unique insight. The episode escapes me, but I remember him.

Comment by Ashlyn – December 19, 2012 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He was Michael Badalucco he playes Scott Starett in Season 4 episode 3 The Finger In The Nest. I loved him in this episode!

Comment by Piper – December 19, 2012 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope this doesn’t rock the boat with bones and booth. He’s not intimidated by her, I think she will respect him more or see him as a challenge.

Comment by ashley – December 19, 2012 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Because another squintern was exactly what Bones needed right now. I’m getting really tired of them having so many and they just keep on bringing more. Arastoo and Cam are one of the worst couples I’ve ever seen on a TV show. Fisher is the most annoying person ever. Finn’s accent is terrible. Can’t they just keep Wendell and Clark and let all the others go? And if this guy is a replacement to Daisy, who won’t probably be around as much now that she and Sweets ended their relationship, shouldn’t it be a female instead?

Comment by sofia – December 19, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How can they be the worst couple you’ve ever seen. They have only had one episode with them as a real couple. Give it time I think they are going to be great! Why do you even watch the show, you don’t llike anyone! Geez!

Comment by Piper – December 19, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t like 3 characters, how is that equal to not liking anyone? The show has got plenty more characters, you know, like Brennan, Booth, Angela, Hodgins, Sweets, Cam, Caroline, Max, Wendell, Clark, Daisy and even Vincent and Zack, and I like them all. And who are you to tell me what I should and shouldn’t watch?

Comment by sofia – December 19, 2012 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh joy… another male intern…

Comment by cjeffery7 – December 19, 2012 11:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I truly respect the writers and actors of this great show.
    The writing and the story line are unique and offer more thought-provoking ideas than most current TV series. Obviously the creator, producers, actors and the rest of the production crew work very well together, as the show has lasted a long time and has become more popular as it continues.

I do admire those who can bring to life their ideas on the screen for our entertainment.. This show is one of my favorites .One reason is that the basic premise is appealing to an audience that possesses an IQ that is higher that of a sixteen year-old person. That is rare these days, and so is the quality of the character development and the acting. Every episode has left me feeling good, mentally stimulated, and eagerly anticipating the next one.

Kudos all around. I look forward to the 2013 season.

Comment by MrsMacTeacher – January 21, 2013 12:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam comments? If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can advise? I get so much lately it’s driving me crazy so any assistance is very much appreciated.|

Comment by agate cameos pendant – March 22, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I believe this is one of the so much vital information for me. And i am happy reading your article. But wanna observation on few basic issues, The website taste is wonderful, the articles is in reality great : D. Good task, cheers|

Comment by tyflas – March 22, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your web site, how can i subscribe for a blog web site? The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear concept|

Comment by Anonymous – March 23, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post