Exclusive

Bones Exclusive: Frasier Alum Is New Squintern

Brian Klugman Bones Season 8 SquinternA new face is being added to Bones‘ rotating squintern pool.

Brian Klugman — who played Roz-crushing KACL staffer Kirby Garnder on Frasier — is joining the Fox drama as the Jeffersonian’s newest intern, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Bones 2013 Preview: Brennan Gets [Spoiler]!

His recurring character, Oliver Wells, is both brilliant (dude has four degrees!) and not at all intimidated by Brennan.

PHOTOS | Get a First Look at Booth and Brennan’s Big Dance Debut!

Klugman, who is the nephew of actor Jack Klugman, most recently wrote, co-directed and appeared in the Bradley Cooper thriller The Words. Additional credits include Cloverfield and Joan of Arcadia.

1. Abby says:

Does this mean one is leaving?

• WKeith says:

I bet someone finds out about Arastoo and Camille’s relationship and he has to quit or something…

• Jeanne says:

Fisher and Wendell will be. They’re leaving for other shows.

• Mary Jane, says:

I did not think they could get anyone more annoying than Daisy. But they have. Dr. Wells has no redeeming virtues that I have seen.

• Dani says:

Honestly I just really like how Dr Wells is a reflection of Brennan’s arrogance and over confidence. She looks into the mirror and hates it and it makes me happy.

But I’m getting bored of Dr Brennan. She’s always right. They had such a wonderful opportunity to show how awful obsession and single mindedness combined with arrogance can be in a scientist when there was the ghost killer. But nope. Brennan has to be Right AGAIN.

I would’ve loved to have a killer get under her skin to the point that she chases after nothing at all and has to face the fact that she was tricked, and that she was wrong.

So that’s why I like Wells, he gives me a little bit of satisfaction when dealing with Brennan in a way the show doesn’t anymore.

2. bonesfan says:

Remember Daisy is gone :)..at least I hope she is..can not stand her.

3. lynnie says:

No Daisy isn’t gone, she is back in late Jan 2013. And I liked Daisy in her last ep . Thanks to Sweets being a total douchebag to her, it made me feel sorry for.

4. Karen says:

i think he might be daisy replacement well at least i hope so cant stand her this looks like a food casting though

5. Endgame says:

We need ANOTHER squintern?

6. Jess says:

Srly yet another intern and actor reocurring on Bones? Hart Hanson would be more prudent if he focused on the characters he has got and give them a decent storyline. Like the male lead Booth. Who has NO centric eps about him or anything to do that doesn’t revolve around Brennan or Sweets. Well done Hart and Stephen Nathan *slow hand clap* Snark.

7. Z says:

Why not another female squintern? There are already so many dudes. Mix it up a bit more, maybe?

8. rachel says:

I miss Zach. No one has ever been as good as he was.

9. stephanie says:

he is the replacement of Dr. Fischer
    but he kinda look like hodgins hehe

10. adelina says:

I hope daisy comes back :(

11. Cate says:

seriously another dude intern? Daisy has been the only woman and she was shrill and often annoying. Can we not get another female intern just to mix it up a bit?

12. Deb says:

How much do these producers dislike writing female characters? Seriously, there are more than 2 female scientists in the world and in college. And they made Daisy a younger, less socially awkward Brennan, so it’s not like they even tried with her. Stop it already with male interns!

13. Piper says:

Yea break Zach out of the Nut Hut and bring him back!! He was the best!

14. atlanta says:

Another intern, zzzzzzz, cant we just get to season 9 and stop these filler episodes? Have the writers forgotten the main cast other than Brennan and Sweets. Lame

15. Raechel Bosquez says:

I love the squinterns especially Clark. I like when they bring bin someone new and watching Brennan interact with them. Should be interesting to see if he ends up fitting in or not.

16. Heidi says:

I would like to see a new female intern too. Though I couldn’t stand daisy from day 1. Was super excited when sweets turned her down

17. marie says:

I hope Daisy comes back, annoying but great.

18. Dark says:

I love Bones and all the characters. I was sad to see Mr. Nigel-Murray killed off back when that happened. Hope this guy does good. Hope Daisy sticks around. I also hope that her and Sweets get back together! Angela and Hodgins are my faves, though. Let them do awesomesauce together!!!! :D

19. Derek says:

All this talk about female squints cracks me up. What about the lab itself? Angela, Cammile, and Brennan on the male side you got Hodgens. Go to the fbi side you have agent shaw. No new fbi guys. However a new female to replace daisy I would take any day.

20. Becky says:

I am, and forever will be a Mr. Vincent Nigel-Murray fan. I could care less about any of the others…. now, Finn, he was ah’ight. LOL! *BONES*

21. Kari says:

Clark isn’t an intern anymore. He is probably replacing him.

22. Ashley says:

Oh god seeing him now makes me realising how long it’s been since Frasier was on air.

• Sara says:

Ikr… He was great on Frasier, but I never watched Bones so I don’t know what his character is. But it’s funny to read that he has 3 degrees

23. Cheyenne says:

I miss Zack alot he was my favourite and I really dont want Fisher or Wendell to leave they are the best especially Fisher. Im hoping its not true that they are leaving but I look forward to a new intern as long as he doesnt upset Brennan to much

24. Ashlyn says:

I really miss Vincent Nigel Murray. My absolute favorite of all the squints. I also liked the guy who was on just once….he was older, He had previously had a myriad of jobs, so he could add unique insight. The episode escapes me, but I remember him.

• Piper says:

He was Michael Badalucco he playes Scott Starett in Season 4 episode 3 The Finger In The Nest. I loved him in this episode!

25. ashley says:

I hope this doesn’t rock the boat with bones and booth. He’s not intimidated by her, I think she will respect him more or see him as a challenge.

26. sofia says:

Because another squintern was exactly what Bones needed right now. I’m getting really tired of them having so many and they just keep on bringing more. Arastoo and Cam are one of the worst couples I’ve ever seen on a TV show. Fisher is the most annoying person ever. Finn’s accent is terrible. Can’t they just keep Wendell and Clark and let all the others go? And if this guy is a replacement to Daisy, who won’t probably be around as much now that she and Sweets ended their relationship, shouldn’t it be a female instead?

• Piper says:

How can they be the worst couple you’ve ever seen. They have only had one episode with them as a real couple. Give it time I think they are going to be great! Why do you even watch the show, you don’t llike anyone! Geez!

• sofia says:

I don’t like 3 characters, how is that equal to not liking anyone? The show has got plenty more characters, you know, like Brennan, Booth, Angela, Hodgins, Sweets, Cam, Caroline, Max, Wendell, Clark, Daisy and even Vincent and Zack, and I like them all. And who are you to tell me what I should and shouldn’t watch?

27. cjeffery7 says:

oh joy… another male intern…

28. MrsMacTeacher says:

I truly respect the writers and actors of this great show.
    The writing and the story line are unique and offer more thought-provoking ideas than most current TV series. Obviously the creator, producers, actors and the rest of the production crew work very well together, as the show has lasted a long time and has become more popular as it continues.

I do admire those who can bring to life their ideas on the screen for our entertainment.. This show is one of my favorites .One reason is that the basic premise is appealing to an audience that possesses an IQ that is higher that of a sixteen year-old person. That is rare these days, and so is the quality of the character development and the acting. Every episode has left me feeling good, mentally stimulated, and eagerly anticipating the next one.

Kudos all around. I look forward to the 2013 season.

29. Hi, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam comments? If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can advise? I get so much lately it’s driving me crazy so any assistance is very much appreciated.|

30. tyflas says:

I believe this is one of the so much vital information for me. And i am happy reading your article. But wanna observation on few basic issues, The website taste is wonderful, the articles is in reality great : D. Good task, cheers|

31. Anonymous says:

Great beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your web site, how can i subscribe for a blog web site? The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear concept|