Scoop: Sendhil Ramamurthy Joins Beauty and the Beast as 'Great Antagonist' for Vincent/Catherine

Get More: Casting News, Scoop

Beauty and the Beast Casts Sendhil RamamurthyBeauty and the Beast‘s beauty and her beast will both soon face a formidable new obstacle in the form of Gabe Lowen, a “power-hungry” ADA determined to crack down on crime.

Joining the freshman CW drama in that recurring role will be Heroes and Covert Affairs alum Sendhil Ramamurthy, TVLine has learned.

Described as a “charismatic, ambitious Assistant District Attorney from the upper echelon of New York society,” Gabe’s crimefighting priority will be the search for the vigilante we know to be Vincent (Jay Ryan).

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line Has Scoop on The CW’s Beauty Kissing Her Beast

“It would be great for his career if he could bring in New York’s newest menace, so he’s going to be working around the precinct and Catherine (Kristin Kreuk),” executive producer Sherri Cooper tells TVLine. As such, “He’s going to come across as a big obstacle… a great antagonist for Vincent and Catherine.”

As for reports that Gabe will happen to be stark naked when Catherine meets him in Episode 15, Cooper answered with a laugh, “That’s in question. We don’t know if he’s going to be naked or not.”

RELATED | Beauty and the Beast Casts Legend of the Seeker Star as Vincent’s [Spoiler]

Beauty and the Beast resumes its run Thursday, Jan. 24 at 9/8c, with Episode 10.

Comments (19)

• I love him so I might give this a second chance. I only have Grey’s Anatomy on Thursdays at 9 now.

Comment by tp – December 19, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would. The show has improved immensely, particularly with the latest episode.

Comment by AT – December 19, 2012 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m happy to see him in anything, but I’ve been hoping he’d turn up on Once Upon a Time as Aladdin.

Comment by Tansy – December 19, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d watch a test pattern before I’d watch Grey’s Anatomy. Fortunately there’s Beauty and Person of Interest.

Comment by Georgia Madman – December 19, 2012 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh wow. I forgot. That’s why I don’t watch Beauty. I record Grey’s and POI.

Comment by tp – December 19, 2012 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • how many obstacles can two people face in one season? however, it does keep things interesting

Comment by cgh – December 19, 2012 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love the new additions, but can they add some women to the cast? Two new additions are men, one of who we know will have “chemistry” with Cat. So its Vincent, Evan AND Brendan Hines’ character (the shrink). Add Bridget Reagan and its like a love square!

Comment by Naazneen – December 19, 2012 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beauty and the Beast has got me so caught up and I can’t wait to see what happens…damn CW shows get me so invested!!..lol

Comment by Jared – December 19, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping for Jason Dohring but I guess this will do…Sounds like an interesting story for the show.

Comment by AT – December 19, 2012 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awww. Now I’m going to have to hate him.

Comment by Renee – December 19, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice! Was hoping he’d turn up on something I watch soon.

Comment by Kristina – December 19, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I love him and was hoping he showed up on something else I watched besides CA.

Comment by Cee – December 19, 2012 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watch! Watch! It’s a great show…improving by leaps and bounds!!

Comment by Sharie – December 19, 2012 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Day has been made! Loved him since Heroes.. wish he could get a real, meaty lead gig because he deserves it.

Comment by Danielle H – December 19, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aaaaand that’s fantastic! I hope they give him some meaty good/bad stuff. Like he’s in the way of our starcrossed lovers, but I love a foe that makes you love them. Be some great drama.
    I have lots of faith that they’ll do it great, the season has been STELLAR so far

Comment by mia – December 19, 2012 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love thge show its amazing. watch it everyone its such a great story line. reminds me of smallville in a way.

Comment by t – December 19, 2012 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yaaa! Omg can’t wait to see him! Beauty and the Beast is currently my FAV new show.. it. Just keeps getting better & better wt every episode.. can’t wait till it returns on Jan 24th with the Gorgeous Bridget Regan guest starring as ‘Alex’ Vincent’s Ex .. ah this show is so damn good!
    Give it another chance people, you Won’t regret it! ;)

Comment by Kav – December 19, 2012 10:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show was on my WORST list for sure, I only kept watching because of Jay Ryan and I kept hating it for a couple of episodes but then around episode 5 or 6 it actually got good! Casting news like this make me think it will get even better. I can see a lot of people giving up on it after a couple of episodes, I hope some decide to give it a second chance

Comment by Alejandra Zannier – December 31, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hopefully he won’t come between vincent and catherine,if he does I hope vincent does him in. Love vincent and cat together

Comment by bonnie – February 26, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post