Scoop: Sendhil Ramamurthy Joins Beauty and the Beast as 'Great Antagonist' for Vincent/Catherine

Beauty and the Beast Casts Sendhil RamamurthyBeauty and the Beast‘s beauty and her beast will both soon face a formidable new obstacle in the form of Gabe Lowen, a “power-hungry” ADA determined to crack down on crime.

Joining the freshman CW drama in that recurring role will be Heroes and Covert Affairs alum Sendhil Ramamurthy, TVLine has learned.

Described as a “charismatic, ambitious Assistant District Attorney from the upper echelon of New York society,” Gabe’s crimefighting priority will be the search for the vigilante we know to be Vincent (Jay Ryan).

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line Has Scoop on The CW’s Beauty Kissing Her Beast

“It would be great for his career if he could bring in New York’s newest menace, so he’s going to be working around the precinct and Catherine (Kristin Kreuk),” executive producer Sherri Cooper tells TVLine. As such, “He’s going to come across as a big obstacle… a great antagonist for Vincent and Catherine.”

As for reports that Gabe will happen to be stark naked when Catherine meets him in Episode 15, Cooper answered with a laugh, “That’s in question. We don’t know if he’s going to be naked or not.”

RELATED | Beauty and the Beast Casts Legend of the Seeker Star as Vincent’s [Spoiler]

Beauty and the Beast resumes its run Thursday, Jan. 24 at 9/8c, with Episode 10.

1. tp says:

I love him so I might give this a second chance. I only have Grey’s Anatomy on Thursdays at 9 now.

2. Georgia Madman says:

I’d watch a test pattern before I’d watch Grey’s Anatomy. Fortunately there’s Beauty and Person of Interest.

3. cgh says:

how many obstacles can two people face in one season? however, it does keep things interesting

• Naazneen says:

Love the new additions, but can they add some women to the cast? Two new additions are men, one of who we know will have “chemistry” with Cat. So its Vincent, Evan AND Brendan Hines’ character (the shrink). Add Bridget Reagan and its like a love square!

4. Jared says:

Beauty and the Beast has got me so caught up and I can’t wait to see what happens…damn CW shows get me so invested!!..lol

5. AT says:

I was hoping for Jason Dohring but I guess this will do…Sounds like an interesting story for the show.

6. Renee says:

Awww. Now I’m going to have to hate him.

7. Kristina says:

Nice! Was hoping he’d turn up on something I watch soon.

8. Cee says:

Yay! I love him and was hoping he showed up on something else I watched besides CA.

9. Sharie says:

Watch! Watch! It’s a great show…improving by leaps and bounds!!

10. Danielle H says:

Day has been made! Loved him since Heroes.. wish he could get a real, meaty lead gig because he deserves it.

11. mia says:

Aaaaand that’s fantastic! I hope they give him some meaty good/bad stuff. Like he’s in the way of our starcrossed lovers, but I love a foe that makes you love them. Be some great drama.
    I have lots of faith that they’ll do it great, the season has been STELLAR so far

12. t says:

love thge show its amazing. watch it everyone its such a great story line. reminds me of smallville in a way.

13. Kav says:

Yaaa! Omg can’t wait to see him! Beauty and the Beast is currently my FAV new show.. it. Just keeps getting better & better wt every episode.. can’t wait till it returns on Jan 24th with the Gorgeous Bridget Regan guest starring as ‘Alex’ Vincent’s Ex .. ah this show is so damn good!
    Give it another chance people, you Won’t regret it! ;)

14. This show was on my WORST list for sure, I only kept watching because of Jay Ryan and I kept hating it for a couple of episodes but then around episode 5 or 6 it actually got good! Casting news like this make me think it will get even better. I can see a lot of people giving up on it after a couple of episodes, I hope some decide to give it a second chance

15. bonnie says:

hopefully he won’t come between vincent and catherine,if he does I hope vincent does him in. Love vincent and cat together