Exclusive

TVLine Items: Beauty Gets a Shrink, BSG Fave Visits Arrow, SYTYCD Renewed and More!

BHines_300Beauty and the Beast‘s Catherine may want to check if she has any tells, because TVLine has learned that onetime Lie to Me lie detector Brendan Hines is joining the CW drama as a police department psychologist who will get inside the pretty detective’s head — “or at least tries to,” says exec producer Sherri Cooper.

Cooper says that with Hines’ seemingly mild-mannered shrink come questions, such as, “Who does he work for? How much does Catherine open up to him? Does she trust him?” The EP also teases “good chemistry” between the characters.

VIDEO | New Spoiler Alert! With Homeland, Dexter, Gossip Girl and Grey’s Chatter

Hines, who recurred during Scandal‘s first season, appears in Beauty and the Beast‘s next new episode, airing Jan. 24.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Battlestar Galactica‘s James Callis has been tapped to guest-star in an upcoming episode of Arrow, TVGuide.com reports, as a nefarious jewel thief called The Dodger.

“FOX officially picked up Season 10 of SYTYCD,” Nigel Lythgoe announced via Twitter Wednesday morning. Auditions for the latest cycle will begin in Austin, Texas.

Jason Schwartzman (Bored to Death) is headed to Parks and Recreation as the owner of a failing movie rental store in Pawnee, HuffPost TV reports.

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Parks and Rec Scoop!

• Married With Children alum David Faustino has booked a guest spot on his former TV dad Ed O’Neill’s hit Modern Family. Per The Hollywood Reporter, he’ll play Claire’s old classmate. Unfortunately, O’Neill and Faustino will not share an on-screen reunion.

Chicago Fire has cast Shane McRae (Four Kings) in a recurring role as Eric Whaley, a high-octane firefighter who has a history one of the other rescuers, TVLine has learned exclusively. McRae makes his debut in early February.

Fox has rescheduled the episode of Family Guy that was pulled last weekend following the tragic mass shooting at a Newtown, Conn. elementary school. Per EW.com, the installment will now air this Sunday.

RELATED | Pulled Haven Episode Rescheduled for January

History’s first original series Vikings will premiere Sunday, March 3 at 10 pm. The nine-part drama provides an inside view of the titular Dark Age raiders.

• TNT has unveiled its first look at Monday Mornings, a new medical drama from Boston Legal‘s David E. Kelley. The series — which stars Ving Rhames (Pulp Fiction), Alfred Molina (Law & Order: LA, Spider-Man 2), Jennifer Finnigan (Close to Home) and Jamie Bamber (Battlestar Galactica) – follows a handful of Oregon-based doctors.

Loading video...

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Thea says:

Yay SYTYCD!

2. Pearl says:

Just for Brendan I might give the worst show on CW a chance ^^

• AT says:

Really, the worst? Over 90210? I’m going to take a wild stab and guess you haven’t actually been watching the show. At least not past the pilot. The latest episode proved they’re really finding their footing now. The show has gotten better and better with each episode. Some shows don’t find their voice in the pilot. So maybe you’ll like the show now especially with all of the good casting news lately. It proves to me that they’re really working on making the show good.

• Leo says:

Indeed. That worst title should go to 90210 or Gossip Girl (which I watched regularly, loved the funeral / finale they did).

• GeekGirl13 says:

Same here.

3. Susie says:

Yay, for Beauty and the beast. Loved the last episode, can’t wait for the next one.

4. Monday Mornings looks really good! TNT already has me hooked on Perception. Looks like I’ll be back for this show, too.

5. Renee says:

Love Beauty & the Beast and I loved this guy on Lie To Me. Should be interesting him trying to get into Catherine’s head and she hides so very much.

6. Ella says:

Love James Callis and am glad he will make an appearance on Arrow. My only complaint is that I want him recurring. He was awesome in Battlestar Galactica and Eureka. Love him!

7. Elena says:

Wow, some gorgeous men are joining BAB, yay!

8. jill says:

Happy about SYTYCD, but is it going back to the original format?

9. DreamRose311 says:

Oooooh thank goodness about SYTYCD, I’ve been going nuts waiting for word. Giant sigh of relief.

10. BabyFirefly says:

Huge relief about SYTYCD! I was afraid the long wait without word was bad news, glad to hear this.

11. Eric says:

Jason Schwartzman and Parks & Recreation — TOGETHER?! Yes!! My day has been made!

12. Jared says:

I too thought the B&TB pilot was HORRIBLE..but I continued to watch and am so happy I did. The show has gotten really good and now has found a cool direction and style to go in. Considering the recent casting news I’m happy this show continues to get creative with good actors.

13. Andy says:

I’m looking forward to seeing David Faustino on Modern Family. And I’m glad that Family Guy’s episode has been rescheduled, but does anybody know if American Dad’s has rescheduled as well?

14. Britta Unfiltered says:

[Gasp]. I LOVE Jason Schwartzman! Parks and Rec is the perfect show for him to guest on!

15. Ace says:

I love Brendan Hines (Tyler Ford!) but I don’t think even he can get me to watch Beauty and the Beast. Please star in something I’d actually like to watch, Mr. Hines.

16. juan says:

YAY for SYTYCD, I am so relieved, best reality show

17. mia says:

Woot for Beauty and the Beast!!!! Favourite new show.

18. Midori004 says:

Yay for dancing! I hope my ex tries out for it, I tried to get him to last year and couldn’t.

19. Kirk says:

The only thing on this list I’m looking forward to is Jason Schwartzman on Parks & Rec.

20. Shaun says:

Lol,Chicago Fire makes me laugh sometimes….like when the Captain always poses like Superman and how the 2 lady medics are always working there.Do they not have alternating shifts at that place?

SYTYCD needs to shape up!!

21. Sg. Grant says:

Vikings looks interesting, and I’ll probably give it a shot. It is unfortunate that it will go up against Walking Dead starting March 31, and will probably see a ratings decline as a result.

22. Kate says:

Daaaang, Beauty and the Beast is having so much people join them! First it’s Vincent fiance, then that new detective that is trying to crack down on Vincent, and now this guy! And they are all going to be introduced on one episode! Cannot wait for January 24th. It is going to be epic.