The Voice: Shakira and Usher Join Blake Shelton, Adam Levine for Hilarious Season 4 Promo!

shakira the voiceThe Voice‘s Season 3 finale found coaches Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green joining a performance of Green Day’s “Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)” as they prepare to sit out the show’s Spring 2013 edition to work on outside projects.

But why shed tears of farewell for the exiting panelists when you can shed tears of laughter at a new Season 4 promo featuring their uni-monikered replacements Shakira and Usher?

RELATED | The Voice Season 3 Finale Recap: Did the Right Person Win It All?

The new advertisement finds the “She Wolf” and “Yeah” singers hitching a ride with current coaches Blake Shelton and Adam Levine — and eventually getting involved in a four-way scrap about their radio-station preferences.

PHOTOS | The Voice: 25 Best Performances of Season 3

I won’t give too much away about what happens next, except to say that all four panelists show off excellent comic timing once they settle on a mutually agreeable ditty, and then happen to cross paths with another member of the Voice family.

Press play on the video below, then sound off on your feelings about Shakira and Usher stepping into Xtina and Cee Lo’s shoes. And for all my Voice-related news, contestant interviews, recaps and video, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

Comments (47)

• I’m actually relieved Christina is leaving she’s the reason I stopped watching this season…kinda sad Cee Lo is leaving though…if this promo is any indicator of next season it’s going to be awesome…that’s if they have the talent for the mentors to mentor lol

Comment by Billy – December 18, 2012 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Cee Lo is the worst mentor. Has no imagination for his artists. Though he brings on the crazy and makes for good TV.

Comment by whosays – December 19, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually you’re WRONG. Cee Lo was the only one to even turn around for contestants such as AMANDA BROWN and NICHOLAS DAVID!! If he hadn’t turned around for them, they wouldnt have even been here and the season wouldnt have been the same.

Comment by Blair – December 19, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And yet he was the only one to turn around for 2/3rds of the finale! Wait, oh man, that wasn’t on purpose but I actually forgot Amanda wasn’t in the finale for a second haha. Oh man that was a truly telling slip-up on my part. Anyway, but he was the only one to turn around for 40% of the top five and 1/3 of the finale! He had the clear season 2 and 3 blog favorites (Juliet and Amanda) except oops one was his favorite mistake and he gave her away, but if not for him picking her to begin with we woulda never had Amanda at all. Or Nicholas. And wasn’t he the only one to turn his chair for all 10 of the top 10?.
        And as you say, he brought a certain wackiness with all of his birds and Spectre’s cat and other general craziness and fun.

Comment by HitTheGroundRunningWonderlandHaleyOhMy – December 19, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome. But after Amanda Brown’s departure, THIS SHOW IS DEAD TO ME>

Comment by jw – December 18, 2012 10:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I stopped watching The Voice a couple of episodes into this season, but after watching this promo, I might start watching it again.

Comment by CoolKid – December 18, 2012 10:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did the same as you, actually. And I gotta wonder one thing, how is the show (or miss Hips herself) gonna handle Shakira’s pregnancy? I mean, not sure of when the baby’s due, but considering the father is spanish (Gerard Piqué, soccer player for FC Barcelona), and that when the show starts, she might be either really close to giving birth, or taking care of a newborn… Not sure how everything will happen, tbh :S

Comment by Delirious – December 19, 2012 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually they’ve already filmed the Blind Auditions and probably will finish the battle rounds and knockout rounds this week or by the end of the month, Then they’re free till the “live rounds” which won’t be til probably May. The show airs in March and it takes about 5 weeks to run all the pre-recorded auditions and rounds before the coaches return for the live shows.

Comment by tnsmoke – December 19, 2012 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hilarious video — had to watch over and over, and still not tired of it. As much as I tire of Christina’s constant self-promotion and discrediting of those contenstants not on her team, I will miss her presence — she is an acquired taste, and I find her otherwise endearing at times. As far as CeeLo goes, I will lmiss his presence — I think he is the grease that makes the judges panel go.

Comment by Dan – December 18, 2012 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I couldn’t get the vid to load here. I had to go to youtube to watch it. Cheesy as it is, I wanted to hear more Bonnie Tyler. Cute promo.

Comment by Templar – December 19, 2012 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This made me really excited for Season 4.

Comment by Keri – December 18, 2012 11:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The joke was funnier in the movie “Tommy Boy”

Comment by big cheddar – December 18, 2012 11:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly. Was a pretty big ripoff of that. Not to mention the Beverley Hillbillies with the chair up in the back of the old truck.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – December 19, 2012 02:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you! There’s a fine line between homage and rip-off, and given the probability that the average Voice watcher has seen Tommy Boy at all, let alone recently enough to remember that classic scene, I felt like they erred squeamishly toward the latter…

Comment by Jo – December 19, 2012 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it! Whether The Voice produces commercially viable artists or not, it’s undeniable that it makes for some good TV. The Adam, Blake, Christina, Cee Lo combo was truly golden. Here’s to hoping Shakira and Usher filling in those shoes will maintain the show’s cool and fun vibe. Really enjoyed season 3 overall.

Comment by Aiden – December 18, 2012 11:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one who loves the fact that Shakira put it on the hard rock station?

Comment by Jason – December 18, 2012 11:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved that too. I rocked out to her selection until the channel was changed.

Comment by Harmony – December 19, 2012 02:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Makes sense. Shakira started her career as a rocker.

Comment by whosays – December 19, 2012 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I doubt you are.

Comment by HitTheGroundRunningWonderlandHaleyOhMy – December 19, 2012 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad Christina is out for the season. Shakira surely won’t be promoting “Lotus” next season.
    Both Usher and Shakira are relevant artists who will definitely bring intriguing new views to the show, although hopefully Shakira doesn’t pull a Blake and basically only turn around for her own genre . . . we don’t need a team of 20 Diego Vals and Julio Cesar Castillos, that’s for sure.

Comment by Aria – December 18, 2012 11:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Blake doesn’t just turn around for his own genre. As evidenced by the final two he had in the race-a classic rock singer and a pop-punker. I think he could relate to them as people and as performers but they definitely differed musically.

Comment by Harmony – December 19, 2012 02:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I said “basically” to imply that he obviously didn’t choose ONLY country singers, but look at his original team of sixteen – Liz Davis, Gracia Harrison, Rudy Parris, 2Steel Girls, Nicole Johnson, Kelly Crapa, and Casey Muessigmann were all country singers, while Suzanna, Charlie, Lelia, and Collin (stolen) were folksy types that could easily have been molded in country singers. Sure, his three finalists weren’t, but over half of his team was country or close to country.

Comment by Aria – December 19, 2012 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If you watch the blind auditions it seems as if it’s more the case that the country singers always choose Blake rather than the other way around. I can’t remember a country singer that didn’t pick Blake if he turned his chair. But I remember country singers he didn’t turn for.

Comment by sistergh – December 19, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How in the world is Julio, in particular, Shakira’s genre?? They can both speak Spanish, but otherwise, come on.

Comment by HitTheGroundRunningWonderlandHaleyOhMy – December 19, 2012 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s not that they both “can” speak Spanish, it’s that that they both DO speak Spanish (ie: in their music), and their music is largely Spanish-tinged instrumentally and stylistically.

Comment by jeff – December 20, 2012 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Isn’t his stuff more mariachi tinged and all? I can’t say anything he did reminded me of what she does. I never remotely once thought of anything to do with Shakira a single time he performed.

Comment by HitTheGroundRunningWonderlandHaleyOhMy – December 20, 2012 11:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never watched because I do not Christina…but I may start now…that looks funny and I am a fan of everyone on there!

Comment by Rebecca – December 19, 2012 04:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i don’t know if i’m ready for Usher and Adam at the same time every week. so much eye candy for season 4…

Comment by Sam – December 19, 2012 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “We’re sorry, but the clip you selected isn’t available from your location. Please select another clip.” – One day… One day, NBC (and the other US companies) will remember that there’s people (fans, even) out of the US, and they’ll let us watch at least promos online :(

Comment by Delirious – December 19, 2012 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s on youtube.

Comment by Templar – December 19, 2012 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not worried about Shakira, I think she’ll go a fine job…but Usher has neve struck me as entertaining in that hosty kind of way. Considering he’s replacing CeeLo, the king of bombastic display…I worry we’re in for a wet blanket with him.

Comment by mia – December 19, 2012 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I disagree. Usher has a slow sweet charm that grows on you.

Comment by Templar – December 19, 2012 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Shakira will more be the CeeLo.

Comment by HitTheGroundRunningWonderlandHaleyOhMy – December 19, 2012 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hee hee. That was awesome. Looking forward to having no ‘I love myself and buy LOTUS!’ Christina and no “I’m really creative, but fail to share that with my contestants’ CeeLo… Yay for new blood!

Comment by jalahyacinth – December 19, 2012 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was so fun watching them do bad car sing-along – just like the rest of us!

Comment by Ann VerWiebe – December 19, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That joke was done in “Tommy Boy” and even better in the first “Harold and Kumar” film with the song “Hold On.” Still, I’m excited for some new bodies in there.

Comment by Michael – December 19, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ahh super excited for them!
    Hopefully they’ll do better at picking the best singers for their team… and songs to match..

Comment by czzzz – December 19, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m gonna kind of miss Cee Lo. Sometimes I don’t have a clue as to what he’s saying, but he comes across as a sincere, friendly person. I think Shakira will be a lot better than Christina though. I think it would be a hoot if she came in & won on her first season.

Comment by Danny – December 19, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, I meant to ask, aren’t the 2 coming back for season 5? Isn’t this just some kind of leave because they have a tour to do?

Comment by Danny – December 19, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AFAIK they are both coming back. That is the current plan anyway.

Comment by HitTheGroundRunningWonderlandHaleyOhMy – December 19, 2012 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah it was a great promo haha. Certainly has me even more interested. The current two will be missed but I’ve been thinking ever since she was named that Shakira may work out really, really well. I could almost see her being the best judge ever. Not sure what the timing of next season is and her pregnancy though….

• I hope they don’t get burned waiting until Spring if people are burned out from x-factor+voice and then Idol. I think I will skip at least the first half of Idol again. It gets to be too much and too much time wasted and still disgusted the games they’ve been playing, especially the season before last and the fact that of all the judges to keep, they kept Randy (used to like him, but he has been a disgrace on the show ever since Simon left). I may tune in again after Hollywood week and now and then afterwards if there is anyone I like.

Comment by HitTheGroundRunningWonderlandHaleyOhMy – December 19, 2012 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been a long-time Xtina fan and this is the first season I’ve watched The Voice and I have to say, she really disappointed me throughout this season. I mean I still love her voice and music but watching this it really sheds some light on her character that I’m really finding unappealing. With all the fake laughing, rudeness to certain contestants like Melanie (the poor girl was looking for feedback on her performance and you ramble on about the set and try to show your singing chops?). I don’t know how she was in the first two seasons but she also seemed to lack any interest in giving feedback to any other contestants other than her own and her comments rarely come off as genuine. I hope that after her break from the show, she comes back with a different attitude and at least some genuine interest in coaching/judging.

Comment by A – December 19, 2012 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can;t wait for Season 4. Usher and Shakira are a step up from CLo and Xtina. This will be even more fun!

Comment by Lou – January 1, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yap cant wait for season 4 new talent , new experience buh i’ll sure miss ceelo and about the judges i hope they ‘ll be diverse in choosing the people ,they should not concentrate on choosing people only from their geners alone it really disadvantages some people

Comment by maiva – January 30, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just finished watching the season opener for the voice and was totally enjoying it until the last contestant. While she was a amazing singer she was way over qualified. I mean she already sang with Michael Jackson for crying out loud! Totally an advantage over all the other contestants. Not sure If I will even follow the season now. VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Comment by Fran – March 25, 2013 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post