Project Runway Shocker: Kors Out, Posen In!

Project Runway Season 11 SpoilersProject Runway will be down one familiar face next season.

Michael Kors, who has acted as a judge throughout the competition series’ 10-cycle run, will sit out of Season 11 (bowing Jan. 24). Fashion designer Zac Posen will fill his spot.

RELATED | Project Runway Champ Dmitry Sholokhov on His Candy Dress, Fringe-Tastic Collection and More!

In a statement to our sister site Deadline, Lifetime cited scheduling issues as the reason behind the surprising judge swap.

Kors, however, won’t be MIA from the season entirely. “Always part of the Project Runway family, Michael will be seen in the future on the show,” the cabler shared. “And we are excited to confirm that Michael will be back as a judge for the Season 11 finale.”

Will you miss Kors mixing it up with Heidi Klum and Nina Garcia? Hit the comments!

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Reality TV

1. Oh really? I really enjoy Michael Kors as a judge, will be missed!

2. Emanda says:

MK’s inight and wit ill be sorely mssed.

3. Mary says:

Why does the title of the article have to sound like Michael Kors was fired? His schedule does not allow him the time to be on the show this season, and last season he was barely there anyway. I think the point of the article should be that ever since Project Runway left Bravo the show has gone downhill.

• KevyB says:

What you talkin’ about Willis? He was there throughout last season. Considering he is easily the most-liked judge, why wouldn’t they just wait to film until he has time? It’s not like the show takes months and months to film. They certainly wouldn’t film a season without Tim. Oh wait, they did. It’s called All-Stars. And it sucks. See what happens, Lifetime?

• BTM says:

They can’t wait because everything leads to Fashion Week. If they accommodated his conflict, they wouldn’t have their finalists in place or the collections ready.

4. martina says:

80% of the fun in watching PR was because of Kors! Posen will certainly lack that factor, but he has a valuable opinion on fashion so that’ll be cool to watch. Hopefully for next season Michael will be back!

5. StupidPeopleShutUp says:

Michael Kors is irreplaceable. Zac Posen is a fine designer but he’s no Kors. The show is a turd since moving to Lifetime anyway.

6. Well, this is kind of a bummer. Michael Kors is one of the best parts of Project Runway. I understand the man has a business to run though. Style wise Zac Posen is probably a better fit as a judge because they almost always go with the avant garde designers and that is much more Posen’s style. Whether he can deliver advice that is equally insightful and bitchy remains to be seen.

7. I’ll miss him! He’s funny, smart, and right on the mark with his comments!

8. Nina says:

Aww I guess it’s difficult to schedule the right time. Remember the season where they move the location to LA and some of the judges rarely show up? MK is sassy I love him! I guess we’ll give Posen a try.

9. Rose says:

He will be missed. He was one of the reasons I started watching th show. I hope he comes back.

10. Louise says:

Lighten up, it’s just fashioooon!

• ktbanks says:

THIS!!!!
      Also, I’m really going to miss Michael Kors. I can’t even begin to remember all the times he’s had me laughing nearly to the point of tears with his critiques! However, I’m willing to give Posen a chance too! I’d actually rather have it this way than having it like that dreadful LA season where they pop up here and there. There was no consistency in the judging, which is never a good thing.

11. Tee says:

I like Kors.

I also hate team challenges and read that the new season will be entirely comprised of team challenges? Ew.

12. Dr. Bombay says:

I like Michael Kors but I’m way more bummed about the team challenges and the seemingly tighter time constraints given to the designers each season. I get they want drama but I’d rather see them get more time so the end result is better designs. The all star season of RuPaul’s Drag race was ruined for me by making them compete as teams and I fear this will be no different with Runway

13. JP says:

Won’t be the same. This is almost like what Tyra did to her train wreck of a show recently. Hope this doesn’t spell the same thing for Runway.

14. JP says:

One other thing – someone mentioned the show going downhil since it left Bravo. I do have to agree that as far as being able to record it at other times other than the original broadcast time, well good luck. They broadcast it maybe one or two other times. Kind of annoying and caused me to miss a few due to other conflicts. Get a clue Lifetime.

15. Rain says:

I’ve always disliked Michael and never agreed with his opinion so I was excited to hear this news. Then I clicked the link and read it will be all team challenges so I’m out! I hate when they don’t get to make their own individual looks.

16. SE LeJeune says:

After Wretched Gretchen and No-Sleeve Anya, I almost quit watching the show because of Michael and Nina. All-Stars is a much better show than the original now strictly because of the new judges. I say it’s about time they shook things up a bit, and I hope they continue to do so.

17. Geo says:

All team challenges? So, basically, next season PR is taking on the format of that Isaac Mizrahi PR-rip-off show on Bravo. That flopped. And got canceled. And following the example of RuPaul’s All-Stars that made everything teams. That flopped. And infuriated that show’s fan base. Man, are there some geniuses running PR these days, or what?

18. Geo says:

And BTW, it’s interesting how our judges get “scheduling conflicts” on seasons when there’s a big format change that’s obviously gonna stink. Happened with LA, which was a disaster. Now it’s happening on “team season.” Hmm.

19. Brenda says:

just hope Michael will be back next season because his bite keeps the designers on their toes. We survived one season without Nina so we will survive one without Michael. I will say that the designers still get to make their own garment they just have to consider the rest of the team too. Life is a team effort so its best they learn this.