Nashville Scoop: Will Ming-Na Steal Rayna Away?

ming-na blogThose folks at Edgehill Records might want to think twice about threatening Rayna Jaymes with a dreaded “Greatest Hits” release.

Indeed, TVLine has learned that Ming-Na will appear in an upcoming episode of Nashville as Calista Reeves, a successful Los Angeles music-label exec with designs on luring Connie Britton’s country superstar away from her Edgehill roost. (Guess we’re not the only ones with “Wrong Song” on perpetual repeat on our iTunes.) Ming-Na’s guest role is slated for Episode 11 of Nashville‘s current freshman season.

RELATED | Nashville Winter-Finale Post Mortem: Callie Khouri Talks Juliette’s Big Q, Teddy’s Scandal and the Tour

The ER vet, who recently booked a plum role on Joss Whedon’s Marvel’s S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot for ABC, is also known for her work on Two and a Half Men, SGU Stargate Universe and Eureka.

What do you think of the casting? Sound off in the comments!

1. Lime says:

It’s an intriguing twist, for sure. I can see Rayna maybe wanting to leave Edgehill since Marshall is such a jerk. And her working with her new producer is a definite way of showing she needs fresh ideas. And I love Ming-na, who doesn’t?

2. John says:

Sounds like the writers are trying to play off of the Tim McGraw/Curb Records drama. I’m interested to see where this goes.

3. davey says:

I like the idea of Ming-Na being added to world of Nashville.

4. Drew says:

She is a great actress, so I’m looking forward to seeing her.

Maybe her character can tone down the auto-tune on the show. Whenever a song comes on, I feel like my ears are being assimilated by the Borg. Couldn’t they have hired actresses who could sing?

5. Ems says:

I believe the number one thing she is known for is voicing Mulan, cmon.

6. Jared says:

Nashville NEEDS to shake it up a little bit. The shows been rather boring besides the last 2 episodes that aired.

7. Shaun says:

Surprised ER wasn’t mentioned…..guess it ended too long ago.Anyways,she’s a pretty decent actress.

8. Tony says:

I hope when it comes back that Nashville drops the more soap-y plotlines and sticks to beign a drama about the music business, which is where the show differentiates itself. I keep expecting Rayna’s Dad to chuckle menacingly and utter phrases like ‘Mark my words.’ I couldn’t care less about who’s sleeping with who or the mayoral election crap.

9. Ella says:

Finally! I’ve been wondering for a while why Rayna just doesn’t get serious about considering another label. Glad to hear this casting news. Great plot twist.

10. BOOYA says:

Ming Na was in the Joy Luck Club too and played Chun Li in the Street Fighter (not her finest hour) movie.

11. Mary says:

Is she back to being Ming-Na again? She started off as Ming-Na Wen, then went to Ming-Na, and when I last heard, she was going by Ming Wen

12. ShaneOZ says:

I recognise her from the Streetfighter movie with Kylie Minogue..but yeah, great show but shame about the awful auto tune..

13. It is highly recommended to act on it, as it is still in its early stages.
    Homeowners should be diligent in fixing any water leaks as soon as they are discovered.
    The QCI advantage combines our team’s professional know-how with state-of-the-art equipment and water restoration products.