Nashville Scoop: Will Ming-Na Steal Rayna Away?

Get More: Casting News, Scoop

ming-na blogThose folks at Edgehill Records might want to think twice about threatening Rayna Jaymes with a dreaded “Greatest Hits” release.

Indeed, TVLine has learned that Ming-Na will appear in an upcoming episode of Nashville as Calista Reeves, a successful Los Angeles music-label exec with designs on luring Connie Britton’s country superstar away from her Edgehill roost. (Guess we’re not the only ones with “Wrong Song” on perpetual repeat on our iTunes.) Ming-Na’s guest role is slated for Episode 11 of Nashville‘s current freshman season.

RELATED | Nashville Winter-Finale Post Mortem: Callie Khouri Talks Juliette’s Big Q, Teddy’s Scandal and the Tour

The ER vet, who recently booked a plum role on Joss Whedon’s Marvel’s S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot for ABC, is also known for her work on Two and a Half Men, SGU Stargate Universe and Eureka.

What do you think of the casting? Sound off in the comments!

Comments (18)

• It’s an intriguing twist, for sure. I can see Rayna maybe wanting to leave Edgehill since Marshall is such a jerk. And her working with her new producer is a definite way of showing she needs fresh ideas. And I love Ming-na, who doesn’t?

Comment by Lime – December 17, 2012 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh I totally agree…maybe it’ll give the show a nice jolt

Comment by eyesinkpop – December 20, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like the writers are trying to play off of the Tim McGraw/Curb Records drama. I’m interested to see where this goes.

Comment by John – December 17, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the idea of Ming-Na being added to world of Nashville.

Comment by davey – December 17, 2012 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is a great actress, so I’m looking forward to seeing her.

Maybe her character can tone down the auto-tune on the show. Whenever a song comes on, I feel like my ears are being assimilated by the Borg. Couldn’t they have hired actresses who could sing?

Comment by Drew – December 17, 2012 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Ears being assimilated by the Borg”. Still laughing. Thanks!

Comment by Linda – December 17, 2012 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I believe the number one thing she is known for is voicing Mulan, cmon.

Comment by Ems – December 17, 2012 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She can go over to Once Upon a Time and show Jamie Chung how it’s really done

Comment by Anna – December 17, 2012 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, please!!

Comment by Luli303 – December 17, 2012 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, I think of ER then Joy Luck Club.

Comment by arieb – December 18, 2012 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nashville NEEDS to shake it up a little bit. The shows been rather boring besides the last 2 episodes that aired.

Comment by Jared – December 17, 2012 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Surprised ER wasn’t mentioned…..guess it ended too long ago.Anyways,she’s a pretty decent actress.

Comment by Shaun – December 17, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope when it comes back that Nashville drops the more soap-y plotlines and sticks to beign a drama about the music business, which is where the show differentiates itself. I keep expecting Rayna’s Dad to chuckle menacingly and utter phrases like ‘Mark my words.’ I couldn’t care less about who’s sleeping with who or the mayoral election crap.

Comment by Tony – December 17, 2012 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally! I’ve been wondering for a while why Rayna just doesn’t get serious about considering another label. Glad to hear this casting news. Great plot twist.

Comment by Ella – December 17, 2012 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ming Na was in the Joy Luck Club too and played Chun Li in the Street Fighter (not her finest hour) movie.

Comment by BOOYA – December 17, 2012 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is she back to being Ming-Na again? She started off as Ming-Na Wen, then went to Ming-Na, and when I last heard, she was going by Ming Wen

Comment by Mary – December 17, 2012 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I recognise her from the Streetfighter movie with Kylie Minogue..but yeah, great show but shame about the awful auto tune..

Comment by ShaneOZ – April 23, 2013 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is highly recommended to act on it, as it is still in its early stages.
    Homeowners should be diligent in fixing any water leaks as soon as they are discovered.
    The QCI advantage combines our team’s professional know-how with state-of-the-art equipment and water restoration products.

Comment by mold inspection carlsbad – February 14, 2014 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post