What to Watch Monday: The Goodbye Gossip Girl, NBC's 1600 Penn Lobbies for Your Vote and More

New York, I Love You XOXOOn TV this Monday: The Upper East Side won’t be the same after Gossip Girl signs off for the last time, Hawaii Five-0 beams up a Star Trek fave, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Brad Hall try to Picture Paris and a Sunnydale pair is reunited (kinda) on How I Met Your Mother. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

PREVIEW | How I Met Your Mother Video: Seth Green and a Most Frightening Buffy Reunion!

RELATED | Gossip Girl Series Finale Spoiler Alert: The Real Gossip Girl (Kinda, Sorta) Unmasked!

8 pm Gossip Girl (The CW) | Series finale: GG‘s two-hour final episode begins with the show’s stars and producers reminiscing about classic moments. Then it’s off to the Upper East Side one last time as the gang joins forces for a final soiree – might it be the one pictured here? – and Gossip Girl’s identity is finally revealed. (P.S.: House of Lies‘ Kristen Bell – aka the voice of GG – just might make an appearance. XOXO)

8 pm The Voice (NBC) | Season finale, Part 1: Terry McDermott, Cassadee Pope and Nicholas David perform in hopes of securing Season 3 victory.

8 pm Invasion of the Christmas Lights 2 (Discovery Fit & Health) | Marvel at the planning, intensity and (we assume) high electricity bills of people who turn their homes into blinking holiday beacons. (If you’re jonesing for more, Crazy Christmas Lights follows at 9 pm… then More Crazy Christmas Lights at 10 pm. Seriously.)

8:30 pm Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas Special (Fox) | The characters from the animated film franchise are back for a special that finds Sid & Co. accidentally trashing Santa’s workshop on Christmas Eve.

RELATED | 35 Holiday Gifts We’d Give Characters From Grey’s, Glee, Bones, Walking Dead and More!

9 pm Cake Boss: Next Great Baker (TLC) | The construction of life-size cakes of comediennes Judy Gold and Carol Leifer leads to blood being spilled in the bakery. (For real!) You know what they say: It’s all fondant and games until someone gets hurt.

9 pm Picture Paris (HBO) | Brad Hall wrote and directed this quirky short film starring his real-life wife, Veep‘s Julia Louis-Dreyfus, as a suburban empty nester who finds that a life-changing trip to Paris with her husband doesn’t exactly match her expectations.

9 pm 2 Broke Girls (CBS) | Desperate to pay their overdue rent, Max and Caroline get mixed up with some sketchy customers willing to pay top dollar for their cupcakes.

9:30 pm 1600 Penn (NBC) | Sneak preview: This ensemble comedy about a First Family features Bill Pullman (Independence Day) as POTUS, while Josh Gad (The Book of Mormon) pulls focus as his goofball son summoned home after seven less-than-fruitful years in college. Jenna Elfman (Dharma & Greg) is the president’s trophy second wife, and Martha MacIsaac (Superbad) holds her own (and then some!) as a not-quite-perfect First Daughter. If you, like many, can’t get enough of Gad’s shtick, this will get your vote.

RELATED | Hot for Winter: Your January Premieres and Finales Calendar

10 pm Hawaii Five-0 (CBS) | Star Trek‘s George Takei takes a break from dreaming up droll Facebook posts to guest-star on the tropical procedural. (Fun fact: Takei appeared in the original H50 in 1975.) Oh, the plot? McGarrett and Catherine meet a boy whose father is missing and may be in trouble in the backwoods of Oahu.

10 pm Pawn Stars (History) | In back-to-back episodes, Chumlee attempts to plan the shop’s Christmas party. (Side note: Has the person who assigned Chum this task ever seen the show?)

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (25)

• So, how is this “Gossip Girls” finale structured, exactly? One hour of stars looking back, and one final, one-hour episode? Or is it less of the former and more of the latter?

Comment by Lambsilencer – December 17, 2012 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d imagine its being done in the exact same way the OTH finale was done last year.

Comment by Newo – December 17, 2012 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it’s one hour of reflection and then the episode airs at 9 ET.

Comment by Ari – December 17, 2012 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If i remember the OTH finale correctly, the retrospective look back was less than an hour and the actual finale was longer than a regular episode. (I remember reading that the episode itself was around 50 minutes w/out commercials). I’m not sure if that’s be the case now, but to be on the safe side, tune in around 8:45 so you won’t miss the beginning of the episode.

Comment by ZmaX – December 17, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank the lord it is ending!!Now I won’t have to see as many shipper posts going overboard,lol.

Comment by Shaun – December 17, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes! Now they can start another DC comics show without cancelling Supernatural.

Comment by Jay – December 17, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Gossip Girl”, not “Gossip Girls”, obviously… :)

Comment by Lambsilencer – December 17, 2012 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gossip Girl,2 Broke Girls

Comment by Brandy – December 17, 2012 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good Bye Gossip Girl! I have watched every episode :(

Gossip Girl
    HIMYM
    The Voice
    Hawaii 5-0

Comment by HEATHER – December 17, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Weird time to launch a show NBC. Wouldn’t be surprised if 1600 Penn flops tonight.

Comment by Jared – December 17, 2012 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • By putting it on after the finale of their biggest show? Where did you learn arithmetic?

Comment by lauren – December 17, 2012 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Series Finale of Gossip Girl, obviously. I want to know who GG is!!!!

Comment by Prue – December 17, 2012 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hell, I want to know who she is and I don’t even watch this piece of crap! I think She’s a guy.

Comment by Jay – December 17, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was really hoping that the finale was 2 hours of new episode. There is a lot of lose ends to tie up in a hour, including finding out who GG is (if we do). No sure how they can do that in a satisfying way. I honestly had no idea tonight was the finale until a few days ago. For some reason, I thought there were 13 episodes, not 10

Comment by cam3150 – December 17, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1600 Penn looks like a cleaner, less funny version of Veep to me. But I do like Josh Gad, so maybe I’ll try it out if Xfinity puts it up on their website tomorrow.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – December 17, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Josh Gad is annoying. I can’t stand him.

Comment by Ezzy – December 17, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The 1600 Penn pilot was my favorite from any of the shows from last pilot season, I have been looking forward to it since July, Gad is outstanding, and everyone else does a fine job as well.

I hope people give this show a shot, it deserves it, and Josh Gad is so immensely talented and funny, he deserves even more success.

Comment by Shikouchi – December 17, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow! Different strokes…. This show’s promos look so pathetically bad I actually cringe when accidentally seeing bits and pieces.

Comment by Alienate – December 17, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m with you Alienate, couldn’t get thru the script and the promos look awful.

Comment by Deg – December 17, 2012 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HIMYM and 2 Broke Girls!

Comment by Andy – December 17, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one watching Charlie Brown on FOX? I really want to know.

Comment by Jay – December 17, 2012 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • xoxo Gossip Girl … still hoping Kristen Bell will be revealed as GG. She’s the voice and I’ve pictured her as GG for years. Hoping the reveal isn’t a let down. Thanks for the memories!

Comment by Ella – December 17, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • E! is saying the finale and retrospective is going to be three hours long and now I’ve read here it’s only two I don’t know

Comment by b – December 17, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • himym 2 broke girls gossip girl

Comment by ollie – December 17, 2012 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • loved 1600 Penn, first time since Studio 60 that I’ve watched a pilot ep more then once lol, can’t wait for it to continue!!

Comment by Nichole – December 18, 2012 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post