What to Watch Sunday: Homeland and Dexter Finales, Royal Pains' Winter Wedding and More

Dexter and Homeland FinalesOn TV this Sunday: Homeland zeroes in on its sophomore finale, Dexter gives Season 7 the plastic-wrap-and-duct-tape treatment, weather causes Royal Pains for a bride-to-be and Zach Galifianakis takes a bite outta Bob’s Burgers. Here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

7:30 pm The Cleveland Show (Fox) | Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation), Rachel Dratch (Saturday Night Live) and David Costabile (Breaking Bad) lend their voices to this Christmas episode, in which Cleveland pretends to be homeless when he realizes shelter food is better than what he gets at home.

RELATED | Need TV-Themed Christmas Gift Ideas? TVLine’s Got ‘Em!

8 pm Christmas With the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (PBS) | Jane Seymour (Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman) and opera star Nathan Gunn join the famed ensemble for an evening of holiday music.

8 pm The Simpsons (Fox) | A fire forces Grampa to move back in with Homer, who throws out his back on moving day and while laid up gets hooked on the tablet game Villageville. When Homer subsequently loses Santa’s Little Helper, Grampa spins a yarn about Homer’s long-lost childhood pup, Bongo.

8:30 pm* Survivor: Philippines (CBS) | Season finale: Now that the starving, backbiting and alliance-making is done, it’s time to hand out the $1 million prize! (A reunion special follows at 10:30 pm.) *Tonight’s start time is adjusted due to a football double-header earlier in the day.

8:30 pm Bob’s Burgers (Fox) | Creator Loren Bouchard tells TVLine that tonight’s Christmas episode — in which The Hangover‘s Zach Galifianakis voices a man who claims he was once a mannequin — is “kind of like a Miracle on 34th Street, Christmas-magic thing going on. We don’t claim that there’s any real magic, but [it’s] in the great tradition of those movies where you go for the sweetness of ‘what if’ this man could be reunited with his mannequin love?” God bless us, every one!Royal Pains - Season 4

RELATED | Family Guy and American Dad Pulled Due to Newtown Elementary School Shooting

9 pm Royal Pains (USA) | In this two-hour movie, “Off-Season Greetings,” Evan and Paige prepare to tie the knot, but an impending snow storm threatens to ruin the couple’s special day. Meanwhile, Jill Flint returns as Jill Casey, and flashbacks show us how Hank’s first love — played by guest star Emma Caulfield (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) – helped make him who he is today.

9 pm Dexter (Showtime) | Season 7 finale, titled “Surprise, Mother****er!”: LaGuerta closes in on Dexter and his Dark Passenger. (Yep, already renewed!)

9 pm The Bachelorette: Ashley and J.P.’s Wedding (ABC) | Ashley Hebert and J.P. Rosenbaum become the third couple in the franchise to marry – and you’re invited to gawk and/or scoff. Afterward, stick around for a sneak peek of the next season of The Bachelor.

9 pm VH1 Divas 2012 (VH1) | American Idol glam rocker Adam Lambert hosts the annual confab of fabulous ladies, including Kelly Clarkson, Kelly Rowland, Miley Cyrus and Jordin Sparks.

PREVIEW | Hot for Winter: Your January 2013 Premieres and Finales Calendar

10 pm Homeland (Showtime) | Season 2 finale, “The Choice”: Carrie must decide what her heart really wants. (Yep, already renewed!)

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

1. Britta Unfiltered says:

I am really starting to believe Brody doesn’t survive. My theory on what they’ll do has evolved. The mole tries to force Brody into doing a terrorist attack by blackmailing him with Walden’s death, Brody toys with the idea of running and leaving town forever, and then Brody takes the suicide vest and blows up himself and tries to blow up in the mole in a final act of sacrifice, but ends up blowing up the wrong people. Carrie freaking loses it. The reason I think he dies is because they’ve been wrapping up his loose ends lately. He got his revenge on Walden, he had closure with Jess, he got together for a supposed happy ending with Carrie. I am thinking Dar Adul is our mole, but Quinn doesn’t know it, and nobody will find that out, leaving him to be our terrorist mastermind next year as he works from within the CIA. Hopefully in Estes’ job because I really want Estes to die in this episode. Maybe that’s who Brody blows up by mistake. Ugggghhhh…Estes. I hate Estes. And I hope I’m wrong about everything I said because I want Brody to live.
    And I think on Dexter Deb is going to end up killing Hannah and that will set up some things for next season.

• annie says:

What pushed me over the edge into “Brody must die” territory was something said on the last ShoRunner a few weeks back: that all that was left for Brody to do was “disengage from his family.” Coupled with my unshakable sense that Brody is still playing Carrie and the rest of the team – that MUCH more went on during those 12 or so hours with Nazir than what we saw or they heard – I do believe we are headed for a “Quinn tries to save Carrie who is the forced to choose between killing Brody or Quinn but ends up killing Brody” scenario. It’s a mark of the show’s continued brilliance (despite the sketchy plotting recently) that (A) I am far from certain and (B) I freakin’ LOVE that I really don’t know.

2. Andy says:

The Cleveland Show and The Simpsons

3. Jlulu says:

Sadly I think this is the end for Brody on “Homeland” he killed Walden and avenged Isa and although Damien Lewis is awesome as Brody it’s time for a new terrorist

On “Dexter” i’m hoping this is the season they finally kill Deb yes Jennifer Carpenter has delivered the best performance since never but Dexter needs to be free of the manipulation of both Hannah and Deb also sadly I think this is Angel’s last season too bad it’s also not Quinn’s

4. NN says:

Personally, I feel Brody should have died in the season 1 finale and i feel him and his family still being around hurt the flow of this season. With that said, as much as i want to see the Brody storyline end, my gut tells me the season ends with Brody and Carrie on the run. I fear we may need to except that the Brody/ Carrie romance will be the driving force of the show from now on.

As far as Dexter is concerned, does anyone else thing Deb set Hannah up? and if so imagine what Dexter will do if he finds out. It would be a change of pace for the show to have Dexter in prison next season but i think once again he will find a way out only this time with Major consequences. Also,i have a bad feeling poor Angel, hes got one week till retirement.

• Beth says:

I was wondering the same thing about deb. it’s just weird that Hannah would use anti anxiety medications and not some kind of plant or poison. Why didn’t Dex just take the bottle if pills and see if her prints were on it? If Deb did do it I can’t really blame her because she has put her career on the line for Dexter.

5. rebecca says:

Sunday Night Football.. 49ers vs. Pats. Go Patriots!

6. Mo says:

I wasn’t sure I liked her at first, but Evan/Paige are the cutest couple ever. So much better than Hank/anybody.

7. Josh says:

Simpsons and Survivior finale

8. Porsche says:

No the good wife tonight?

9. eds says:

Can’t wait for the VH1 Divas special!

10. VOXPOP says:

brody WILL survive..without him the show fails..u heard it here first

11. Megan says:

According to the Homeland producers, Waldon & Nazir died so that next season could focus on Carrie & Brody’s relationship. So this means that Brody WILL survive. I really don’t think he’s ever gonna die.

12. Midori004 says:

The writers of Homeland have said throughout the season why Brody didn’t die last season was because they felt the Brody/ Carrie romance wasn’t over and that’s the story they really want to tell.

So unless they close up that love story qickly tonight he will live.

13. bobbie says:

dexter, Royal Pains wedding

14. Randall says:

Just Dexter because they are interrupting everything else with the CT coverage. At least the stuff that I watch on Fox.

15. tp says:

I’m watching Royal Pains right now. So are they really going this way with Boris?

16. Magically Suspicious says:

Please, please, please….let that be the end of Jill on Royal Pains.