A&E has just unveiled the mother of all promos for its buzzy new series Bates Motel.
In the behind-the-scenes sneak peek — which features fresh footage from the much-anticipated Psycho prequel — stars Vera Farmiga and Freddie Highmore, as well as executive producer Carlton Cuse (Lost), discuss the contemporary take on Norman Bates and his infamous mom.
Press PLAY below for an in-depth look at the series’ debut, then hit the comments with your thoughts about the update on a classic.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Amber Valletta (Revenge), Tina Majorino (Grey’s Anatomy) and Rob Mayes (90210) have been cast opposite Sean Bean in TNT’s drama pilot Legends, Deadline reports. From Homeland EP Howard Gordon, the project centers on an undercover agent who’s able to transform himself into a different person with each new job.
• ABC is developing a comedy based on the life of Justin Bieber, TV Guide Magazine reports. The pop star would exec-produce the project, which is said to center on his world before the fame and fortune.
• Felicity fave Rob Benedict will guest-star in a February installment of The Mentalist, EW.com reports, playing a professor at a lab where a student was murdered.
• Rosie O’Donnell announced via Twitter Thursday that she was “shooting a cameo” on the Golden Globe-nominated Smash.
• NBC has ordered three additional episodes of Whitney, Deadline reports, bringing its Season 2 order to 16 installments.
• Following the renewals of both The Exes and The Soul Man, TV Land has opted to cancel Retired at 30 after two seasons, Deadline reports.
• AMC has ordered 10 episodes of Low Winter Sun, a dark drama from Chris Mundy (Criminal Minds). Mark Strong (Zero Dark Thirty) and Lennie James (The Walking Dead) will star in the series, which follows events that stem from the murder of a Detroit cop by one of his fellow detectives. The series is based on a 2006 British miniseries of the same name.
• Fashion Star‘s second season will bow Friday, March 8, leading into the return of Grimm.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?