Exclusive Video: How I Met Your Mother Stages a Most Frightening Buffy Reunion!

Get More: Exclusive, Previews, Video

Willow and Oz fans, prepare to squee — with fear!

Former Buffy the Vampire Slayer sweethearts Alyson Hannigan and Seth Green reunite in Monday’s hour-long How I Met Your Mother (CBS, 8/7c) when Green guest stars as a (super creepy) college acquaintance of Lily and Marshall.

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Casts a Pretty Little Love For [Spoiler]! Plus: Rachel Bilson Returning?

Green’s Daryl has a surprise in store for his cronies. The catch? It’s located in the depths of hell (i.e his spooky basement). “Can we just see it in the living room,” begs Marshall. “Anywhere less gimp storage-y?”

Press PLAY below to watch the sneak peek, and then hit the comments with your insta-reactions.

Loading video...

Comments (21)

• Was that supposed to be funny?

Comment by Babar Suhail – December 13, 2012 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • fairly awful alright!

Comment by April – December 13, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It won’t let me watch.

Comment by Ross – December 13, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • consider yourself lucky.

Comment by mike martin – December 14, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it me or does that look like the basement of Buffy’s house? Just saying.

Comment by Alyssa – December 13, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one that thinks Patrice is helping Barney propose to Robin?

Comment by Elf – December 13, 2012 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope! You are definitely not the only who thinks that!

Comment by jenny – December 13, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • WHY ARE YOU HELPING BARNEY PATRICE

Comment by Mike – December 13, 2012 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG! I had not thought of that :)

Comment by Alissa – December 13, 2012 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m pretty sure that’s the case, too. Their behavior is odd, and there are plenty of weird throwaways that make it seem like it’s definitely a plan. (Barney purposely not looking in the closet while reaching for things or throwing his shoes in? Making ridiculous statements about not leaving the apartment, or purposely leaving with Patrice to go downstairs at the end? And when they’re out on the balcony arguing, we don’t actually hear what they’re saying.) I’m sure it’s a ruse meant to force Robin to admit her feelings.

Comment by Little Scarf Girl – December 14, 2012 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh, I can’t watch this show anymore. I want to tune in for Seth&Alyson, and I want to know what happens when it ends, but I just can’t watch regularly anymore. &Maybe I’m crazy and remembering it wrong; but it looks like Stellas basement. Maybe it is?

Comment by Courtney – December 13, 2012 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know that was the first thing I thought they must only have one basement set and just re-dressed it, lol.

Comment by jbarker – December 14, 2012 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Buffy and the old WB days :(

Comment by cws86 – December 13, 2012 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly, I don’t really care about the Seth Green storyline, my eagerness in waiting for Monday is to see the B/R engagement! Its gonna be legen- wait for it…. dary!

Comment by justsomegirl – December 13, 2012 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seth Green IS not funny! Why is he on this show or any show is a mystery!!!

Comment by luke – December 13, 2012 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Buffy, Willow, Xander, Cordelia, Angel, Oz, Spike, Anya and pretty much the whole Scooby gang…such good memories…

Comment by Max – December 14, 2012 03:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is he wearing German flags on his jacket? More stupid stereotypes? Just what this show needed…

Comment by Rick – December 14, 2012 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have that same jacket, it’s a label or something

Comment by Hannah – December 15, 2012 04:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • really. your going to do the whole screaming at the fourth wall bit again, that went so well last time you did it. oh but this time theres also a willy coyote style sign to be held up as well, comedy genius right there. cant we just fast forward to the end now because im losing the will to watch

Comment by Alan – December 14, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It kind of sounds like I’m one of the few into this show anymore. To be honest, I watched the pilot episode and hated it, then didn’t watch it again until season four, then went back and watched every episode within a week. I even re-watch ALL of the previous episodes now every so often! Granted, I kind of disliked season 6 with the exception of a few episodes, but I’ve thought last season — and this one — were excellent. It’s become one of my FAVORITE comedies on TV, if not the very favorite. To be honest, the fourth-wall thing is a little odd for sitcoms, and I would despise it in a lot of shows… but considering the way the story is being told, as a father describing old experiences (many that he wasn’t even there for) to his children, it kind of works. It’s not like we can expect it to be totally realistic… after all, it’s taken Ted almost eight years to tell his kids how he met his wife. It honestly sounds like it will be a fun scene taken out of context when the dude retells a story to his kids that he wasn’t there for almost twenty years later. And Patrice helping Barney to ask how to propose to Robin??? I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THAT! Damn, maybe I am a horrible TV reviewer (and apparently good watcher…) but that sounds about right. We may know that Barney and Patrice are getting along as friends… but they’ve never kissed on-screen… I may have to re-watch the past few episodes to check out this theory! …Just for research. Not for fun, of course! :)

Comment by Lindsay – December 14, 2012 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on elm0sh and commented:
    I have been waiting for this episode!!! And now it is finally here! Tonight Seth Green will join the cast of How I Met Your Mother :)
    See the sneak peek in the article below:

Comment by elm0sh – December 17, 2012 04:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post