Exclusive

Exclusive Video: How I Met Your Mother Stages a Most Frightening Buffy Reunion!

Willow and Oz fans, prepare to squee — with fear!

Former Buffy the Vampire Slayer sweethearts Alyson Hannigan and Seth Green reunite in Monday’s hour-long How I Met Your Mother (CBS, 8/7c) when Green guest stars as a (super creepy) college acquaintance of Lily and Marshall.

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Casts a Pretty Little Love For [Spoiler]! Plus: Rachel Bilson Returning?

Green’s Daryl has a surprise in store for his cronies. The catch? It’s located in the depths of hell (i.e his spooky basement). “Can we just see it in the living room,” begs Marshall. “Anywhere less gimp storage-y?”

Press PLAY below to watch the sneak peek, and then hit the comments with your insta-reactions.

Loading video...

1. Babar Suhail says:

Was that supposed to be funny?

2. Ross says:

It won’t let me watch.

3. Alyssa says:

Is it me or does that look like the basement of Buffy’s house? Just saying.

4. Elf says:

Am I the only one that thinks Patrice is helping Barney propose to Robin?

• jenny says:

Nope! You are definitely not the only who thinks that!

• Alissa says:

OMG! I had not thought of that :)

• Little Scarf Girl says:

I’m pretty sure that’s the case, too. Their behavior is odd, and there are plenty of weird throwaways that make it seem like it’s definitely a plan. (Barney purposely not looking in the closet while reaching for things or throwing his shoes in? Making ridiculous statements about not leaving the apartment, or purposely leaving with Patrice to go downstairs at the end? And when they’re out on the balcony arguing, we don’t actually hear what they’re saying.) I’m sure it’s a ruse meant to force Robin to admit her feelings.

5. Courtney says:

Ugh, I can’t watch this show anymore. I want to tune in for Seth&Alyson, and I want to know what happens when it ends, but I just can’t watch regularly anymore. &Maybe I’m crazy and remembering it wrong; but it looks like Stellas basement. Maybe it is?

6. cws86 says:

I miss Buffy and the old WB days :(

7. justsomegirl says:

Honestly, I don’t really care about the Seth Green storyline, my eagerness in waiting for Monday is to see the B/R engagement! Its gonna be legen- wait for it…. dary!

8. luke says:

Seth Green IS not funny! Why is he on this show or any show is a mystery!!!

9. Max says:

I miss Buffy, Willow, Xander, Cordelia, Angel, Oz, Spike, Anya and pretty much the whole Scooby gang…such good memories…

10. Rick says:

Why is he wearing German flags on his jacket? More stupid stereotypes? Just what this show needed…

11. Alan says:

really. your going to do the whole screaming at the fourth wall bit again, that went so well last time you did it. oh but this time theres also a willy coyote style sign to be held up as well, comedy genius right there. cant we just fast forward to the end now because im losing the will to watch

12. Lindsay says:

It kind of sounds like I’m one of the few into this show anymore. To be honest, I watched the pilot episode and hated it, then didn’t watch it again until season four, then went back and watched every episode within a week. I even re-watch ALL of the previous episodes now every so often! Granted, I kind of disliked season 6 with the exception of a few episodes, but I’ve thought last season — and this one — were excellent. It’s become one of my FAVORITE comedies on TV, if not the very favorite. To be honest, the fourth-wall thing is a little odd for sitcoms, and I would despise it in a lot of shows… but considering the way the story is being told, as a father describing old experiences (many that he wasn’t even there for) to his children, it kind of works. It’s not like we can expect it to be totally realistic… after all, it’s taken Ted almost eight years to tell his kids how he met his wife. It honestly sounds like it will be a fun scene taken out of context when the dude retells a story to his kids that he wasn’t there for almost twenty years later. And Patrice helping Barney to ask how to propose to Robin??? I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THAT! Damn, maybe I am a horrible TV reviewer (and apparently good watcher…) but that sounds about right. We may know that Barney and Patrice are getting along as friends… but they’ve never kissed on-screen… I may have to re-watch the past few episodes to check out this theory! …Just for research. Not for fun, of course! :)

13. elm0sh says:

Reblogged this on elm0sh and commented:
    I have been waiting for this episode!!! And now it is finally here! Tonight Seth Green will join the cast of How I Met Your Mother :)
    See the sneak peek in the article below: