Golden Globe Nods: My Snappy Judgments

Get More: Awards, Golden Globes

Megan Draper (Jessica Pare) and Don Draper (Jon Hamm) in Mad Men Season 5, Episode 1Golden Globe nominations were, as per usual, a decidedly mixed bag. For every inspired nod (congrats, Connie Britton!) there was one that had be scratching the skin off my scalp (Smash?!). So without further adieu, I give you the good, the bad and the downright ugly from this year’s list.

RELATED | Golden Globe Nominations: The Complete List

I’m Super-Ecstatic About:
* Nashville‘s Connie Britton making the cut for best drama series actress.
* Girls snagging a best comedy series nod. Ditto the show’s leading lady and main creative force, Lena Dunham.
* USA’s sublime, short-lived Political Animals sneaking into the best movie-miniseries list.
* Max Greenfield snagging a supporting actor nod for New Girl.
* Sherlock leading man Benedict Cumberbatch’s nod for best actor in a movie/miniseries. .

I’m Rolling My Eyes About:
* The hilariously uneven Smash for best musical or comedy?
* The frustratingly bombastic Newsroom for best drama series? Over Mad Men? (Regarding the latter’s snub, perhaps the HFPA shared my hatred of Megan?)
* Nashville‘s Hayden Panettiere for supporting actress? Over Dexter‘s Jennifer Carpenter? And Homeland‘s Morena Baccarin?
* The Globes’ infuriating tradition of lumping every single genre in the supporting acting races. Enough.

I’m Super-Pissed About:
* No love for Community. Ditto Happy Endings.
* No love for the superior American Horror Story: Asylum (save for nods for Jessica Lange.)
* No love for Parks and Recreation (although Globes co-host Amy Poehler managed to squeak in.)
Happy Endings getting bubkes.
* Sherlock getting shut out of best movie/miniseries race.
Sons of Anarchy‘s criminally underrated ensemble getting screwed.
* No best drama series nod for The Good Wife? Or The Walking Dead?

Okay, that’s my two cents’ worth. Now it’s your turn. Post your own snappy judgments below. And click here to view a list of all the major nominees.

Comments (151)

• “No love for American Horror Story: Asylum.”

But Jessica Lange scored a nomination for AHS: A?

Comment by V – December 13, 2012 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, but the show deserved a nod.

Comment by PISSED OFF – December 13, 2012 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How is this even nominated this year? Shouldn’t it be next year?

Comment by Aleksa – December 13, 2012 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Golden Globe’s schedule is simular to the Oscars, and are counting the year 2012, while the 2013 emmys go from June 2012 to May 2013.

Comment by Matthew – December 13, 2012 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kerry Washington and Scandal and the Good Wife should have been nominated at least! Who does the choosing for these things?

Comment by Donna Caesar – December 13, 2012 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was so surprised scandal/Kerry Washington was nominated in my opinion scandal’s one of the best shows on tv

Comment by Maisha – December 26, 2012 03:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • FRINGE. But the show has never gotten any academy love so this (unfortunately) isn’t anything new

Comment by jenna – December 14, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’m super pissed about SOA too! it’s probably too awesome to get an awards!

Comment by Marti Pelczynska (@ladyxmacbeth) – December 13, 2012 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes. SOA is so above the ridiculous awards nonsense. It’s that effin good!

Comment by tripoli – December 13, 2012 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m pissed that Game of Thrones isn’t anywhere in there.

Comment by Emily – December 13, 2012 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! Newsroom is a mess yet it earned a nod over GOT. God, do they even understand how much effort is put into making that show happen. F**k the Golden Globes.

Comment by Olive – December 13, 2012 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I like Newsroom but it’s very uneven and definitely not on par with how great the whole second season of GoT was.

Comment by Emily – December 13, 2012 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 1. Drama Series – No Mad Men. No a lot of shows, really — let’s be real here: if we were going to knock off a awards show staple due to a more criticized S5, there were plenty of choices better than The Newsroom.
      2. Supporting Actors – In what crazy world does Jennifer Carpenter’s KILLER WORK on Dexter not get nominated? You don’t have to like the show to see that what she’s doing is insane. And where’s Aaron Paul, Peter Dinklage, and about a million other more deserving actors?

Good to know the shows that are blacklisted are still blacklisted, and the foot in the door GoT had for knocking down the sci-fi/fantasy show barrier has been slammed shut. It’s easier not to care.

Comment by Leah – December 13, 2012 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad bout Scandal not getting any noms.

Comment by Nicole (@Nikki528) – December 13, 2012 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree! So was hoping that show got some recognition…maybe next year!

Comment by Dianko – December 13, 2012 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m here in 2013…nope scandal still snubbed!

Comment by shannon – December 12, 2013 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congrats to Max Greenfield and Zooey Deschanel, but I thought Jake Johnson is this season’s mvp. Can’t understand why SMASH and BIG BANG THEORY (and even episodes) are there, while Parks and Recreations is out.

Comment by Kate – December 13, 2012 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ITA about Jake Johnson. Last season was decidedly Max Greenfield’s year, but this season CLEARLY belongs to Jake Johnson (Makin’ lemons out of lemonade since 1981!)

Comment by Curly Girly – December 13, 2012 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That was a CLASSIC Nick line.

Comment by Leah – December 13, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “making lemons outta lemonades” – nick miller to amy farrah fowler, who fouled up big bang’s once all around lovable cast with her stink.

Comment by Kara Blankenship – December 14, 2012 01:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • His face at this part was the best.

Comment by Clifford Alverez – December 14, 2012 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ugh big bang theory. i watch it for a quick laugh or two, but it’s not quality tv. at least not anymore. i feel like sheldon & co should time machine themselves back to their first 3 seasons – then, they’d deserve all the accolades!

Comment by Sam, Ph. D. – December 14, 2012 01:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No love for the show Sherlock. But excellent news for Benedict Cumberbatch!

Comment by Kaz White (@LittleMissWhite) – December 13, 2012 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m pissed off about the snubs for Glee and American Horror Story!

1. Smash – are you f*cking kidding me?
    2. Modern Family – omg AGAIN! ENOUGH! The jokes are cheap and it’s not even that good.
    3. The Big Bang Theory deserves to win.
    4. Of course both the hosts of the night are nominated…. like that wasn’t fixed.
    5. Sofia vergara is over-rated. She is constantly nominated (why, I don’t know) for everything but never wins. She does NOT deserve her nods.
    6. Zoey D form New Girl…. mmmm really?

This year… is kind of a drainer. The nominee’s suck…

Comment by PISSED OFF – December 13, 2012 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Glee’s a pile of crap.

Comment by V – December 13, 2012 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Glee getting what it deserves – nothing – made me cackle with joy.

Comment by Mark – December 13, 2012 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • could not agree more with everything you said. Apparently, the only good dramas are on cable stations which a lot of us do not get to watch.Hoping someone finally recognizes BBT is far better than the over rated Modern Family

Comment by Ethel – December 13, 2012 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • BBT is NOT better than ModFam. Not with those spanking 50 shades of cooper jokes. ew.

Comment by Kitty S. – December 14, 2012 01:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • BBT is just as overrated as Modern Family, it is time for an actual quality comedy to win, Parks and Rec or Community anyone??

Comment by Mike – December 13, 2012 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’ll take your Parks and Rec and Community and raise you a Happy Endings! Any of these would have been great. Love Modern Family but COME ON!

Comment by Dani C – December 13, 2012 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Those are the three best comedies on TV right now.

Comment by Mike – December 13, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • … and I’ll raise you all a “Middle!” While I always get a good chuckle or two out of “Family,” “Middle” cracks me up from start to finish every week, and NOBODY talks about it. :(

Comment by Bill Wilson – December 14, 2012 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep! Sophia Vergara IS overrated! I don’t think she’s a great actress.

Comment by Donna Caesar – December 13, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • big bang deserves to win? and you’re pissed glee is snubbed? well, don’t you make a ton of sense!

Comment by Kara Blankenship – December 14, 2012 01:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What the fudge on SOA!!!! WHY wont they give them anything here. Its amazing.

Comment by Amanda – December 13, 2012 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just glad to now know the spelling of “bubkes.” Thanks! (Oh, and I agree about the “Happy Endings” snub!)

Comment by Jake – December 13, 2012 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The link brings you to the 2011 list of nominees. Just thought you should know. :)

Comment by Claire – December 13, 2012 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Again, nothing for SOA or Justified? Getting used to it. Same old,same old.

Comment by jsswite – December 13, 2012 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dear PISSED OFF:

Talk about great comedy. Your comments about “Glee” being snubbed and “Modern Family” being “cheap” and “…not even that good” have me laughing hysterically. Thanks for the laughs this morning. Great way to start the day!

Comment by Jake – December 13, 2012 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad Newsroom got nominated over Mad Men. To me personally it’s a better show.

Comment by Zak – December 13, 2012 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess John Noble has been snubbed for so long that nobody cares any more, not even TVLine.

Comment by cat – December 13, 2012 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • John Noble is too damn good. The Golden Globes think it would be an unfair competition if he is put in, he would win everything. Best Actress, best comedy series, everything. He’s just too good for the Golden Globes.

Comment by Ginger – December 13, 2012 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Amen.

Comment by Elizabeth – December 13, 2012 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I like this explanation.

Comment by Brandy – December 13, 2012 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well that explains a lot!

Comment by Gilda – December 13, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • John Noble can join Patrick Stewart in the “too good for increasingly pretentious award shows” category of Sci Fi television.

Comment by Lisa – December 13, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So true. And is it just me or is it becoming harder and harder to differentiate the nominees from one year to the next. Every award show looks almost exactly the same with almost the exact same nominees every year. A few fill spots for new pretentious shows of course.

Comment by AT – December 13, 2012 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHERE IS EMILY VANCAMP AND MADELINE STOWE FROM “REVENGE” Ugh, they’re absolutely killing it this season! Same goes for Monica Porter on Parenthood!

Comment by iMember – December 13, 2012 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • On behalf of majority of people here ( I think) revenge is terrible this year. They should change the title

Comment by Dave – December 13, 2012 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not sure if its a majority, but I agree. Still, I think Madeline Stowe continues to be wonderful.

Comment by valerie (@badtoad20) – December 13, 2012 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think a majority have been enjoying this season as much as last season, if not more based on how strongly the ratings have been from year to year. HOWEVER, the show aside, it’s Emily VanCamp and Madeline Stowe’s performances on the show that deserve some attention. They’ve been really, really good this season, especially Emily.

Comment by iMember – December 13, 2012 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i think that this season is just as good as last season i think that its just you thats thinks its terrible

Comment by aciel – December 13, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I have no idea what you’re talking about. Revenge is MUCH better this year.

Comment by nick1372 – December 13, 2012 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought both Lily Rabe and Sarah Paulson were the stand-out performers this year. Sad that neither of them get a nod.

Comment by RyanC – December 13, 2012 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m glad Sarah at least snagged one for Game Change.

Comment by V – December 13, 2012 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why does the HPFA hate Parks and Recreation? Seriously! Actually, that goes for any awards show. Parks is always being snubbed! It’s easily better than TBBT! But, I have to say I’m so happy for Benedict Cumberbatch and Max Greenfield!

Comment by Nina – December 13, 2012 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why does every awards hate Parks & Rec? It’s just a bit of a joke now isn’t it? I wish they would stop nominating Amy because you know they aren’t going to give her the award even though she’s earned it a hundred times over. As Ron Swanson once said, “Awards are stupid…but they’d be less stupid if they went to the right people.”

Comment by Ari – December 13, 2012 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • As always the great Ron Swanson knows best!

Comment by Dani C – December 13, 2012 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously, no Mad Men for drama series???!!! This is ridiculous!!!

Comment by Eric – December 13, 2012 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know! This was an excellent season of Mad Men (regardless of the online backlash) and Christina Hendricks and Jared Harris, in particular, were fantastic. On the comedy side, snubbing Parks & Rec and Community for BBT and Girls is ridiculous. P&R has never been funnier and Community is the most innovative comedy on TV. And nothing — yet again — for Parenthood? Why are the best shows always ignored?

Comment by Parker – December 13, 2012 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parks and Community have been snubbed, as usual. Not cool not cool not cool.

Comment by Cindy – December 13, 2012 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Parenthood???? WTF…

Comment by gennytv – December 13, 2012 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Completely agree about Parenthood!!!! They wonder why no one watches these award shows anymore …

Comment by Weber girl – December 13, 2012 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • COMPLETELY agree about Parenthood. What. The. Hell.

Comment by JLV – December 13, 2012 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Games of Thrones??!! All the cast is amazing!
    What about Denis O’ Hare??
    Ellen Pompeo?
    True Blood?
    Once Upon a Time?

Comment by Liz – December 13, 2012 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mad Men was definitely robbed, though can’t say I feel bad about The Good Wife being overlooked. Sure these nominations (allegedly) apply to the prior season of work, but in light of the sh-t show TGW’s rapidly devolving into, they deserve to be snubbed. Maybe tptb will learn something.
    Happy for Archie and Julianna though.

Comment by Saint Alicia – December 13, 2012 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Southland didn’t get love either?

Comment by Mick – December 13, 2012 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I truly don’t know what those guys on Parenthood have to do to get nominated. They, along with everyone on Parks & Rec who isn’t named Amy have got to be the most underrated cast on TV.

Comment by Lauren – December 13, 2012 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Something is funny with the nominations

Comment by Dave – December 13, 2012 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um, where the heck was Monica Potter on this list? While I wasn’t thrilled that Parenthood went the route that they did with the breast cancer story line, she and Peter Krause have been terrific.

Comment by SqueakyCheese – December 13, 2012 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They just have to leave NBC. Then they would get nominated…or cancelled ;)

Comment by LOL – December 13, 2012 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Super stoked about Connie Britton’s nomination!! =) Nothing else really strikes me one way or the other (most of the shows I watch aren’t on these lists) but I’m thrilled for Connie. The Mad Men snub did strike me as odd but were they even eligible for this round of awards? I can’t remember when they aired last and if it fit into the time frame for this show. I don’t watch it so I don’t care either way but that one being left off did make me pause.

Comment by HeatherC – December 13, 2012 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They must have been, as Jon Hamm is nominated.

The Best Drama snub is a crime. Also, Jared Harris and Christina Hendricks should have been nominated. Stupid Supporting Globe categories.

Comment by Rebecca Parker – December 13, 2012 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing for Bobby Cannavale? Really?

Comment by shadoka – December 13, 2012 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree! This guy knocked it outta the park. One of the best performances I have seen… ever! The guy was fantastic.

Comment by Bob Clabeaux – December 19, 2012 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No parenthood or happy endings is unfortunately not a surprise for me, but im still very disappointed, both shows deserve so much recognition

Comment by schu – December 13, 2012 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I so agree about Parenthood. My wish is that they would put network with network and have seperate awards for cable. The best in both realms are great but network TV has much more limitations in what they can do. I feel it is just unfar to judge them side by side. It is like judging a competition where one team is only allowed to do push-ups but the other is allowed to also do uneven bars, the balance beam and floor. :)

Comment by Kim R – December 13, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hayden deserves her nod more than connie

Comment by Sarah – December 13, 2012 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Parenthood. No Happy Endings. No Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23. No Parks and Recreation. What is this madness!!?

Comment by Fabian – December 13, 2012 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • somehow i am thrilled hayden got nominated.. i love her in nashville. i really do.

Comment by HHH – December 13, 2012 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I actually think Hayden Paniettere does a great job on Nashville.

Comment by JB – December 13, 2012 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i find her more interesting than rayna at this point, that’s for sure.

Comment by cjeffery7 – December 13, 2012 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s funny that Mad Men can’t win anything anymore now that Weiner’s obsession with Megan has taken over the show.

Comment by anna – December 13, 2012 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO Love for Jonathan Bank and Zachary Quinto

Comment by MASH – December 13, 2012 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Aaron Paul’s nominations for Breaking Bad?!
    The Globes need to fix their supporting acting TV categories ASAP! It’s a mess…

Comment by Alexis – December 13, 2012 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not Modern family again?
    I’m glad Downton abbey is nominated again! I hope they will win.
    I do think Elizabeth McGovern deserves some recognition for her amazing performance as Lady Cora Crawley. But I guess this won’t be the year :)

Comment by Astrid – December 13, 2012 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like Kerry Washington should’ve been nominated for Best Actress in a Drama Series. She portrays Olivia Pope perfectly on Scandal with the charisma, the facial expressions, the sassiness, just everything! *sigh*

Comment by William – December 13, 2012 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree about kerry washington and Huck and Cyrus also did great jobs (don’t know their real names)

Comment by Maisha – December 26, 2012 04:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No nomination for SOA… That’s ridiculous!!! People need to get it together!! SOA is the best show on tv!!

Comment by Melina – December 13, 2012 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree SOA is the best show on tv, should definately have been nominated

Comment by Tammy – December 13, 2012 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If anyone from Nashville deserved a nod, it’s Hayden Pannettiere. Juliette Barnes IS Nashville. I love Connie so I’m happy she’s nominated just because she’s so awesome but her character is awful and she hasn’t been given any material that deserves any recognition. The childish country singer stringing along her first love like a high school girl or the lonely, troubled starlet trying to control her drug addict mother and deal with losing her career? I’m sorry but that “dried pancake mix” speech alone makes Hayden worthy of a golden globe win, nevermind nomination.

Comment by dude – December 13, 2012 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree but I wish Chip Esten had been nominated, solely because I think it’s his best work ever.Maybe he’ll get Emmy love

Comment by Riana – December 13, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At the end no matter who is nominated, all the same people is going to win again, like every year. Very predictable, never recognition for great show that going out the ordinary (TWD for example). The Golden Globes should take notice of the shows that made great overseas (no Modern Family, that show is to american). Smash, really? and great to see finally no more overrated Glee, that show s*ck from the beginning.

Comment by Alrisha – December 13, 2012 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No love for How I Met Your Mother either? I mean the show has seen better days but it’s still better than most. Also I understand that Parenthood is kind of nebulous as far as comedy or drama goes and that confuses the awards people who like everything pigeon holed but if Peter Krause doesn’t clean up at the Emmys and next years Globes it’s gonna be pretty annoying.

Comment by Josh – December 13, 2012 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just can’t stand that there’s nothing for John Noble or anybody on Fringe, for that matter. The acting has been so intense and so emotional this season; it deserves better.

Comment by Ginger – December 13, 2012 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! I’ve come to expect that Fringe will always be snubbed at these types of awards shows, but I still feel so disappointed–especially when we’re getting such outstanding performances from the entire cast! John Noble never being nominated is a travesty, in my opinion. He kills it every week.

Comment by christeeny – December 13, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Naya Rivera NEEEDS a Golden Globe. Her performance on Glee has always been consistent and arguably the best, the ‘coming out’ scene last season was heartbreaking and so was the Brittana break-up.

Comment by Kaycee – December 13, 2012 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe that no-talent hack Lena Dunham stole somebody’s slot.

Comment by Jill – December 13, 2012 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy for Glenn Close but also REALLY wanted to see Rose Byrne in the supporting category. Both actresses were amazing in the final season of Damages and Byrne had several strong episodes worthy of being an awards submission tape!!

Comment by gm465271 – December 13, 2012 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So… Aaron Paul?

Comment by Christoffer Waage – December 13, 2012 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • New Girl, really? I guess I’m just not hip enough. There’s at least half a dozen sitcoms on tv that are better. Like Raising Hope, Happy Ending and heck even The Middle is better than that show. I think everyone should get over the Glee snub. That show jumped the shark and will be off the air sooner than later.

Comment by dan – December 13, 2012 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My biggest issues:

No love for Parenthood, Southland, or Parks and Rec. Give me a break, already.

Comment by CJ – December 13, 2012 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a shame that some very decent ( and in my opinion superior ) drama shows are being overlooked. The Good Wife. Parenthood. Fringe. Damages. And while I understand that Grey’s Anatomy was overlooked I’m dissapointed the voters still don’t acknowledge the great work Ellen Pompeo is doing on that show.

Instead they keep nominating the same shows each and every year. Same with actors/actresses. It’s like a cable competition. Boardwalk Empire isn’t that great ( imo ), and same goes for Breaking Bad, Modern Family, Smash and not to mention Nashville. Connie Britton I can understand if I tried my best ( but I still think Ellen Pompeo and some other names ( Monica Potter? ) would be more worthy of the nomination ) , but Hayden Panetiere? LOL.

Also, I’m missing nominations for ”The Closer”, and ”Bones”. Kyra Sedgwick and Emily Deschanel should have been nominated. Same for Rose Byrne for Damages.

I’m happy for the 2 Good Wife ladies, for the Downton Abbey nominations, and the Big Bang nominations. Same for Homeland. Happy Glenn Close got her final nomination aswell.

Comment by alwayshappy – December 13, 2012 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not her biggest fan, but if you don’t think Hayden Panetiere deserved her nom then you’ve haven’t been watching Nashville. The girl has been killing it every single week. It’s been rather amazing to watch, actually. Didn’t know she had it in her.

Comment by keja – December 13, 2012 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Breaking Bad is not that good.”

I stopped reading there.

Comment by Dan – December 14, 2012 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am done with these awards, same shows every year, not excited to watch! I only interested in Benedict Cumberbatch! I hope he wins!

Comment by liliana – December 13, 2012 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Instead typing out a giant rant about the non like I do every year I’m just going to say I’m dissapointed that two overrated and frankly unfunny comedies, BBT and MF got nominated like they always do, while the great Parks, Community, and Happy Ending got snubbed again.

Comment by Mike – December 13, 2012 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Snubbed:
    1. “Call the Midwives” – an excellent show with stellar acting, writing and production values. Michael – is there an eligibility requirement that excluded this show or just poor judgement?
    2. Sandra Oh – she’s been nothing but excellent and has some very tough acting challenges. I know that the tendency is to go with the new shiny show, but there is some great acting being done on established shows also. Whether or not you like the show, Sandra Oh is wonderful on it.

Yay for Connie Britton’s nomination.

Comment by Eliza – December 13, 2012 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post