Exclusive

Law & Order: SVU Scoop: Sons of Anarchy's Theo Rossi Is Out for Justice

TheoRossiFresh off the Sons of Anarchy Season 5 finale, Theo Rossi, who plays Juice on the FX biker drama, will guest-star on Law & Order: SVU.

TVLine has learned that Rossi will appear in the Jan. 2 episode of NBC’s long-running procedural as Enrique Rodriguez, a working-class Catholic who is determined to seek justice for his sister when he finds that she was part of a church cover-up.

The potential church scandal comes to light as Detective Tutuola angles to prove his ex-brother-in-law (Boardwalk Empire‘s LaRay Harvey) innocent of assaulting a priest (True Blood’s Denis O’Hare).

During his run on Sons, Rossi has between seasons also guested on series such as Alcatraz (which starred his real-life girlfriend Sarah Jones), Hawaii Five-0 and Lie to Me.

1. jamie says:

More stunt casting that will do nothing for the ratings/

2. Lainey says:

This has to be the 2nd or 3rd time Denis O’Hare has played a priest on some iteration of Law & Order, right?

3. Kayla says:

According to the SVU official website @ NBC. com, SVU returns on January 9th, not January 2nd.

And I’m sick of the guest stars under Warren Leight, I wish he would stop trying to make SVU into Criminal Intent. If they want Criminal Intent back, Dick Wolf ought to use his Chicago Fire/SVU money to make a deal with NBC (or USA Network) to bring the series back.

Rumor says he’s got another Law & Order in development anyway, so why not just bring one back?!

• Mina says:

They could call it Law & Order: Order by Law. And Sam Waterston could play a detective while Chris Noth plays executive ADA!

There’s a good chance I really miss the mothership.

• Jill says:

LOL! More than a good chance…but I’m right there with you.

• Kayla says:

I wish they would bring the mothership Law & Order series back anyway, if not NBC, TNT. Because frankly, I think Dick Wolf has stopped caring what happens with SVU. Warren Leigh is turning the series into Criminal Intent: SVU and Neal Baer made the series the Benson-Stabler drama hour – SVU is getting worse and worse.

Don’t get me wrong, Leight’s episodes have recaptured what the series had in it’s freshmen/sophomore seasons (and Mariska hasn’t been so awesome on SVU in a LONG TIME) but it’s fused with the Criminal Intent formula now and it makes the episodes drag on with certain scenes. Plus SVU has fans that show contempt because Chris Meloni chose to dip out early and Wolf/Leight haven’t tried since to come to some deal to bring Stabler in, even as a guest in one episode or a season arc.

SVU is better than it’s been, but it needs work. Frankly, it needs to be offset with another Law & Order series. Fans should remember, it took Law & Order to make SVU and LOCI.

I’ve just been waiting for NBC, TNT, AMC… well anybody to say they are bringing back a revived version of the mothership Law & Order! I remember a tweet from Anthony Anderson (@AndersonAnthony, Twitter) this past summer saying he’d love for the series to come back!

• icywinter2 says:

Actually Warren has asked Meloni to come back to do a guest stint, but he refused.

• icywinter2 says:

You are wrong, Mariska’s acting hasn’t declined. If you’re so unhappy with the show then don’t watch it, but stop putting it down. No Warren isn’t trying to make SVU like criminal intent, Third Dick Wolf hasn’t stopped caring.. Mariska has always been awesome, No they won’t be bringing back the original Law and Order, C’mon let’s be real, it won’t happen

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

That’s old information; SVU now has new episodes on Jan. 2 and 9.

• NBC changed the date of the airing of new episode from (the original air date of) Jan. 9 to (now) Jan. 2, apparently responding to fans comments/concerns of a long mid-season hiatus and ohly 2 weeks of SVU in November and (I believe 2 or 3) in October. A show with ratings below 2.0 (but still has potential) can’t expect consistent viewership if they are not consisent in delivering the product and want a long mid-season hiatus (and had only 2 weeks of new shows in November). Also, I think the 2 extra episodes were to make up for having to fill in the 1 extra (since they upped new episode from Jan 9 to Jan 2) and to have an extra one out there for a possible series finale. While I like many of the season 13 and 14 episodes (certainly not all), the show just isn’t capturing my attention much anymore. I do try to catch it on the backend on Hulu plus or on Saturdays, from time-to-time. Also, I think NBC and/or Warren Leight made a HUGE strategic error for the first 4 episodes of season 13 (after Meloni left) by making Olivia bitchy and (basically) unrecognizable. In addition, the first 3 episodes, she didn’t even warm up to her new fellow detectives – so why would some of the old fans want to stick around if one half of the key team (Meloni, Det. Stabler) left, and the other half (Hargitay, Det. Bension) become unrecognizable, and Det. Benson, didn’t even like the new guys???? The fan base they chased away with that poor move probably would have had SVU over 2.0 now, but…

• jerzygirl45 says:

In all fairness you couldn’t blame the character for not warming up to the new kids or for being cranky that the partner she spent virtually every day with for over a decade never even spoke rto her after he left. [Wow - I watch way too much tv lol]

• icywinter2 says:

Don’t believe rumors, they never turn out to be real.

4. Julie says:

following in Tommy Flanagan’s footsteps. Smart guy.

5. Kayla says:

Warren Leight has changed SVU, for the better (better than it was in 2010), but SVU is still not the series it was between seasons 3 and 7; with or without Meloni. And yes, Leight is writing SVU episodes with the Criminal Intent formula. I adored CI while it was on TV, but now that it’s not, I’d appreciate it if Leight stuck to SVU’s regime:

SVU detectives going after perps, ADAs come in to take perps to trial.

“Dreams Deferred” was a gripping episode with Patricia Arquette, but the opening teaser mimicked an opening for Criminal Intent. Stop being in denial about the writing style Leight has brought to SVU.

As for Meloni, it’s mutual, he doesn’t want to come back, and SVU isn’t truly publicly offering. As for a Law & Order revival, I don’t see it either, but almost anything is possible in the television industry!

And I didn’t say Mariska’s acting declined, I meant that as she is better now than she was in season 12 and a few seasons prior.

I’ve been watching SVU since it’s premiere in ’99, and still am to this day. I KNOW what SVU has been through. I’m okay with Leight as executive producer/show runner, but I don’t want him using SVU as a Criminal Intent clone! They tried that with half of Law & Order: Los Angeles’s episodes before the retooling it desperately needed. The CI formula only works with CI and if Leight has issues with keeping it separate from SVU, he needs to push Dick Wolf/NBC to put another CI series out there.

6. takeactionnow2 says:

NBC changed the date of the airing of new episode from (the original air date of) Jan. 9 to (now) Jan. 2, apparently responding to fans comments/concerns of a long mid-season hiatus and ohly 2 weeks of SVU in November and (I believe 2 or 3) in October. A show with ratings below 2.0 (but still has potential) can’t expect consistent viewership if they are not consisent in delivering the product and want a long mid-season hiatus (and had only 2 weeks of new shows in November). Also, I think the 2 extra episodes were to make up for having to fill in the 1 extra (since they upped new episode from Jan 9 to Jan 2) and to have an extra one out there for a possible series finale. While I like many of the season 13 and 14 episodes (certainly not all), the show just isn’t capturing my attention much anymore. I do try to catch it on the backend on Hulu plus or on Saturdays, from time-to-time. Also, I think NBC and/or Warren Leight made a HUGE strategic error for the first 4 episodes of season 13 (after Meloni left) by making Olivia bitchy and (basically) unrecognizable. In addition, the first 3 episodes, she didn’t even warm up to her new fellow detectives – so why would some of the old fans want to stick around if one half of the key team (Meloni, Det. Stabler) left, and the other half (Hargitay, Det. Bension) become unrecognizable, and Det. Benson didn’t even like the new guys???? The fan base they chased away with that poor move probably would have had SVU over 2.0 now, but…

7. Detective Logan says:

I am to Law & Order was what a Trekie is to Star Trek. With that being said, I am more than pleased with the season so far. Dreams Deferred was kind of outside the scope of police procedural towards the end, but it was still better than all the episodes from season 10-12. Benson is my favorite character from SVU (Sorry Munchkins, But you’re second) and I like seeing her get use to what every other cop in the whole department let alone the entire precinct had to deal with when their partners were shot or retired or got caught up in a scandal. I’m hoping that Father Shea mentions Logan and Briscoe in passing. RIP Jerry. If Law & Order ever had a face it had two. Lennie “the bracelets” Briscoe and Jack “the mouth” McCoy.

8. Erika says:

I love Svu and think they’re doing a great job especially Mariska :)

• Jena says:

I agree, I love the show, but I do miss Stabler. Maybe he could be the mystery man that was on the airplane with Benson for the holidays. hmmmm??

9. Jena says:

Who is going to be Benson’s mystery man on the plan??