New Showtime Dramas First Look: Masters of Sex Titillates, Ray Donovan Dominates

Showtime’s about to become an even hotter, darker place.

The premium cabler Friday released photos and a trailer for its new dramas Masters of Sex and Ray Donovan, both of which premiere in 2013.

RELATED | Scoop: Paul Bettany Abruptly Drops Out of Showtime’s Masters of Sex

Masters is the story of William Masters (played by Twilight‘s Michael Sheen) and Virginia Johnson (Party Down‘s Lizzy Caplan), who led the field of human sexuality research in the 1960s. (In the trailer below, you’ll likely get a laugh from star Beau Bridges quizzically peering at a vibrator-looking contraption.)

Ray Donovan stars Liev Schreiber as a professional trouble-shooter who cleans up his elite clients’ tawdry messes in Los Angeles. House‘s Peter Jacobson and Jon Voight (24) co-star.

RELATED | Exclusive: The L Word’s Kate Moennig Joins Showtime’s Ray Donovan Pilot

Press PLAY to watch the trailer, scroll down to see a photo from each series, then hit the comments: Will you tune in to Showtime’s new dramas?

MASTERS OF SEX (Pilot)

Pilot

1. Scott Brecht says:

forget to put lizzy caplans name in?

2. Steven says:

Masters of Sex looks great! Ray Donovan does not look like my kind of show. Shame on them for not including Shameless in the dramas shown at the beginning. It’s their best drama right now.

3. Kitty says:

I think you mean “Virginia Johnson (played by Party Down’s Lizzy Caplan)”. (You missed the actress’ name)

4. Rebecca says:

I have loved Lizzy Caplan since the wb’s Related. So I will definitely be checking out Masters.

5. wooster182 says:

That role is taylor made for Liev Schrieber. Can’t wait!

6. Teag says:

Ray Donovan!

7. Alan says:

great to see lizzy caplan back on tv however i wish she was free to appear in shield, her character was set up perfectly by the events of item 47

• Mitholas says:

It’s not necessarily impossible for her to appear on S.H.I.E.L.D. The schedules for cable and network tv shows tend to be different. Her character isn’t starring in S.H.I.E.L.D. by the looks of it, but guest spots or a recurring role could probably happen.

8. Ana says:

Is Kate Moennig still attached to Ray Donovan? No mention of her and she’s doesn’t appear on the trailer.

9. Paul says:

They put Dexter and Homeland in because they have been nominated and won emmys. I don’t believe Shameless has actually won an emmy yet. So when they say from “the award winning netwrok” they only included the shows that won the big awards. I think Shameless is a great show too. My favorite on their network, but it strangely fits somewhere between comedy and drama, so much so that it probably gets left out during awards season.

10. Andie says:

Weirdly, Ray Donovan reminded me a little of Scandal. Looks good though.

11. Superhero says:

Quite looking forward to both shows. I’m guessing Ray Donovan airs in the spring and Masters of Sex in the summer.

12. sladewilson says:

Heard about Ray Donovan awhile ago – been looking forward to checking it out…

13. Amanda says:

Ray Donovan looks really good! Definitely my kind of show. Liev Schrieber seems like a total badass, now I just need to get Showtime….

14. Remarkable issues here. I’m very satisfied to see your article. Thank you a lot and I’m taking a look forward to contact you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?|

15. papaka says:

Wow, fantastic blog format! How long have you ever been blogging for? you made blogging glance easy. The entire glance of your website is wonderful, let alone the content material

16. Anonymous says:

Simply wish to say your article is as surprising. The clarity to your post is just excellent and that i could assume you’re an expert on this subject. Fine together with your permission let me to snatch your feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thank you a million and please keep up the rewarding work.|

17. threesomes says:

Incidentally, as for that “prettier”head of hair, mentioned immediately above.
    They tell us where it is on diagrams, they tell us how it’s supposed to work in the context of birth,
    but other than that, we don’t really ever get to hear about it or see it in real life.
    If there are any others I’ve neglected,they certainly couldn’t be any better than this, unless I’m really slipping,instead,
    even if not quite as severely as Max Von Sydow, under theunbearably heavy weight of His Cross.

18. threesomes says:

Mullally has parlayed her helium-voiced creation into television history as the most subversive, offensive and completely hilarious version of Ethel Mertz
    in television. ‘I found it surprising’but they’ve been warmest to it, which is really quite brilliant,’
    Piper said. Interacting with the women and getting on
    their good side or doing quests for them usually is enough to get their card.