Grey's Anatomy Scoop: Justin Bruening Cast as [Spoiler] – Whose Heart Will He Send Racing?

Get More: Casting News

Justin Bruening Grey's AnatomyGrey’s Anatomy is adding a new McHottie to its payroll: Ringer and Switched at Birth actor Justin Bruening is joining ABC’s medical drama in a recurring role, TVLine has learned.

Bruening, who also headlined NBC’s ill-fated Knight Rider reboot, will play a paramedic who crosses paths with several of Seattle Grace docs.

RELATED | Ellen Pompeo Shares Cristina’s Surprising Reaction to Meredith’s Pregnancy!

His first episode is slated to air in early 2013.

Getting back to the question posed in the above headline, which MD do you think Bruening’s EMT will hit it off with? My money’s on the suddenly single April.

Comments (48)

• How many people will ignore where this story states he’s on “recurring” and start complaining about the show adding another cast member.

Comment by George – December 4, 2012 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i like the idea of some fresh faces! the new interns however… i’m not really a fan of.

Comment by Elyse – December 4, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree, the new interns make me cringe.

Comment by Joni – December 4, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I do kind of like Smash and the intern played by Tina Majorino. It’s the other ones that I could easily do without- but we know Jo is sticking around because she’s going to be Alex’s “Twu Love”

Comment by Annie – December 4, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Followed by complaints of too many character deaths…

Comment by Mark – December 4, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This guy should be Alex’s brother or something.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – December 4, 2012 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • thats who i thought he would be when i saw his picture!

Comment by Elyse – December 4, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • First thing I thought when I looked at him! He looks almost exactly like Karev!

Comment by Lana – December 4, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOT APRIL. Haha I know Shonda’s all about delayed gratification, but April and Jackson were just starting to grow on me! Take your pick of the interns, dude!

Comment by slizabeth – December 4, 2012 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whose heart will he send racing? Mine. The guy’s freaking adorable.

Comment by Sarah – December 4, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone kind of hope it’s Christina?

Comment by dude – December 4, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It should be interesting.

Comment by is – December 4, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Christina! Although I kinda wish they would just bring back Burke already. I know it will never happen, but that is her real true love.

Comment by Sam – December 4, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Except that she already said on the show she loved Owen more than she loved Burke.

Comment by lousi – December 4, 2012 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That was at the beginning before she knows him very well, Now that she’s aware he’s an ass and a cheater she might reconsider.

Comment by Ninna – December 5, 2012 01:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • She’s an ass and a cheater so they’re even. MFEO

Comment by Steph – December 5, 2012 07:55 AM PDT
    • That would be great, but unfortunately it seems like Cristina/Owen is going to be the endgame. Sucks because that means either Owen will suddenly become okay with not having kids or Cristina will suddenly change her mind (which is probably what will happen- stinks because it was nice to have a female character who wasn’t baby obsessed but still seen as “normal”)

Comment by Annie – December 4, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah that’s a shame ! I don’t want Christina with kids, it’s so not her, some people aren’t made to be parents
        Christina and Owen needs to end (unfortunately in the last episode, she said she wanted him back) I’m so sick of them as a couple

Comment by gossip2010 – December 4, 2012 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Me too am sick of this nonsense couple. Shoot them now. But the truth is that Shonda wants them to be ‘end game’ (at the end of the season) and until she doesn’t broke them again. For many here she just can break them as many times as she wants because it doesn’t impact anymore. They’re totally wrecked.
          But still there is time for them both experience life in the other side of the fence.

Comment by Ninna – December 5, 2012 02:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Better not be useless April.

Comment by Whateva – December 4, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You forgot to mention where he got his start….or does ABC want us to forget “All My Children” ever happened?

Comment by Sue – December 4, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know…I loved Jamie.

Comment by Aimee – December 4, 2012 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes. Loved him as Jamie. Looking forward to seeing him on Grey’s.

Comment by Santa – December 5, 2012 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did they put the wrong picture up there or what. I don’t think he’s hot at all.

Comment by Jenn – December 4, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is not a flattering picture. If you saw him on Ringer of Switched at Birth. Yes, he is hot!

Comment by Guest – December 4, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Think it will be Christina, since she an Owen are not currently together, it could be one of the new interns.

Comment by Mike – December 4, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also think it will be April…

Comment by Cynthia – December 4, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • April!PLEASE,that would make Jackson so jealous :D

Comment by ღ MINT to BE ღ (@GreysAnatomyx3) – December 4, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They can’t waste all these hotties on April. Please…
    The character is getting on my last nerve.

Comment by Daniela – December 4, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally a reason to watch this show again after they killed Mark. That picture is really not one of his best. He is really good looking.

Comment by Danna – December 4, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s bring Amelia over from PPP and have her hook up with him :-)

Comment by Forwarddad – December 4, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like Justin Bruening. Good for him. He’s adorable and a pretty good actor.
    Unfortunately, the show sucks too much now, so I doubt I’ll watch.

Comment by Spencer – December 4, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Much more excited after doing a google images search. (that’s a truly terrible picture, and I had never heard of the guy. That picture just looks like they took a picture of Karev and used that one warping app to stretch his head.) The show can always use another pretty face.

Comment by Closet Fan – December 4, 2012 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The new interns are kind of pathetic, so he’s probably targeted for April. There needs to be some competition before Shonda will get April and Jackson back together. Jackson makes April almost bearable to watch but I really don’t get the match-up there. I totally agree about Burke and Christina. She would leave Owen in the dust in a New York minute if Burke was back in the picture.

Comment by Linderella – December 4, 2012 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Except again, she said on the show that she loves Owen more than she loved Burke. It’s canon. Burke wouldn’t even register at this point in her life.

Comment by lousi – December 4, 2012 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Both hands in the air to Burke. And I never thought to say this. But after what the McCheater has been doing since S6, bring back Burke even in another actor’s skin.

Comment by Ninna – December 5, 2012 02:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • who did he play on the ringer? i dont remember him.

Comment by shadester – December 4, 2012 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • April…And Jackson will be very jealous.

Comment by Ana – December 4, 2012 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • :-) I don’t mind watching Jackson be jealous about April, but IMO we need to see that April is miserable. Since Jackson was the one who committed to her during the pregnancy scare and had his heart broken, she has to suffer to restore the karmic balance. So Jackson can be jealous too, but ideally April has to be first and worst. JMO.

Comment by Ann – December 7, 2012 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He kinda looks like Karev. It’s weird.

Comment by Luu – December 4, 2012 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He will always be Jamie Martin on “All My Children” to me, the son of Brooke English and Tad Martin.

Comment by mattyc – December 4, 2012 11:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep, it’s Jamie Martin. Why in heaven’s name did they cancel All My Children? I thought I’d be watching that show the rest of my life.

Comment by Ann – December 7, 2012 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it’s Cristina. I LOATHE Owen.

Comment by Heather – December 5, 2012 01:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope he’s becoming regular. The show is lacking of sex-appeal ever since McSteamy quit..

Comment by adwina – December 5, 2012 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Cristina.Definely cristina.and Owen will be Jealous.This guy’s role will be like finn between Mer/Der.It’s Simple.Some people want it’s april,but it won’t.Thanks to april’s mouth-quake,Japril is hard enough without creating another relationship.

Comment by valentine – December 5, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First thoughts are Cristina or April.I can’t stand April and Jackson so I kinda hope it’s her.He’s hot though so I’m not to fussy lol.

Comment by l – December 7, 2012 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Izzie? That’s all I care about.

Comment by Harry – January 31, 2013 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do not even understand how I finished up here, but I thought
    this publish was once good. I do not recognise who
    you might be however certainly you are going to a well-known blogger
    when you aren’t already. Cheers!

Comment by angajari videochat de acasa – February 4, 2013 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post