Gossip Girl Series Finale First Look: Weddings, Comebacks and Scheming -- Oh My!

Spotted: The first official images from Gossip Girl‘s Dec. 17 series finale right at your fingertips — and man, are they spoilery!

PHOTOS | Gossip Girl: Dan and Bart’s Unseemly New Alliance?

Flip through the slideshow below for a sneak peek at two characters tying the knot, the return of a sibling and the comeback of Katie Cassidy’s Juliet (is she the titular blogger?!).

1. zara says:

I still don’t think derena will get married, the recent pictures of them getting married were totally fake and are part of a dream sequence imo

• dude says:

That seems like an awful lot of money to waste on a dream sequence. The wedding seemed pretty elaborate.

• b says:

How is it a lot of money the wedding dress was probably loaned to the costume designer and Dan looks homeless and the set could be part of a different scene like a rufly wedding

• Gabrielle says:

I hope so, but I think it’s wishful thinking. The writers didn’t seem to know a great thing when they had it – first they ruined Serena and Carter, then Serena and Nate. They were the only two guys who ever treated Serena as an equal and allowed her to be truly happy without losing or being ashamed of herself.

Serena and Dan are awful together. The previous episode got that point across extremely well. They don’t understand each other, he doesn’t respect her, and Serena degrades herself to impress Dan. It’s why I’ve never shipped them.

• SamiJ says:

I don’t want them to, but I think they will. As dude said, it costs $$ to set that up. There were pics but they’re not being included. Why? Seems they are deliberately trying to throw people off now that many have given Derena up for dead after last night’s episode.

I’ll repeat my theory posted downthread: Dan made a big display of humiliating Serena at Thanksgiving dinner to get close to Bart. I bet he didn’t even submit the “mean” article about Serena for publishing; he just made it look like he did. And it worked: Bart was impressed and gave Dan his card. Bart will end up dead, and Chuck and Lily will be suspects #1 and #2. Dan, thanks to his access, will have some information that exonerates them. Dan will officially be one of the gang and no longer an outsider. Flash forward to Derena’s wedding.

2. A Chuck and Blair wedding? FINALLY!!

3. a says:

I haven’t been able to ever take Conner Paolo seriously as Declan on Revenge, because he was Eric Van Der Woodsen to me. Now, because of that Declan-like facial hair, I fear I won’t be able to take him seriously as Eric again. Let’s just all hope he isn’t stuck in his awful Declan accent.

4. Guy says:

Is that Juliet? I guess it would make sense if she’s GG, but I was hoping for an OG character /:

• Prue says:

But I remember in 4×03 that the B and S showdown was shot earlier and GG played it as a favour….so I don’t know how they would explain that…but other than that it could make sense

5. maki says:

Why do I feel Little J will be GG!? I will go mad till I find out!?!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Sara says:

After yesterday’s episode, signs seem to be pointing to Dan as GG. Serena and Dan – just NO!!! And what the heck is Sage still doing on the show?

• Ericca says:

I hate Sage AND Ivy. Good GOD, what a waste of some serious Gossip Girl time.

• Blake says:

I like them im mad at the fact that serena’s story line has been so predictable fall for a guy(maybe the same from the past) get hurt by the guy.find out the guy was nice.feels bad wants the guy back and whines…..damn blair has been through more with chuck and shes still ontop. ivy and serenas dad that was a little shock and sage im starting to like her a bit.Vanessa NOOOOOOOO for some reason i always want to punch either vanessa or dan through my television.Wouldnt it be a shock if dorota was GG blair tells her everything!!!

• Ericca says:

I would be so sad if Dorota was GG! She loves Blair! Right??!! Haha I can’t wait for tonight. What if it were Nate or Eric? Or maybe it’s just Kristin Bell. They have me stumped on this one, because there are so many directions they could possible go with it.

7. JKR says:

I haven’t watched GG since the aborted wedding to Louis, but knowing it’s ending made me curious. Really? After the way he treated her, Blair marries Chuck? Blah. I get it’s a finale, but why does she have to marry anyone? She’s what, 22? Seriously. Live, travel, experience life…and then get married! I’m so glad I gave up on this show.

8. cmazzeo says:

Dan is doing all of this to redeem himself- he will use Bart to help Chuck and end up with Serena…As long as Chuck and Blair are together IDC!

9. shay says:

why this sage is still there? Poor Nate no stories and end up with a little bitch teenage
    In 2 episodes dan is friends with everyone? where’s the revenge. Blair ssems miserable like all this season and with Chuck, I can’t with his daddy issue, the Empire is Bart’s one the money is from Bart, I don’t like him but chuck need to stop wanting to defeats his father (and we know bart will die & chuck will let him)
    the show became the worst show ever with the worst characters mainly the women because the writers hate them! Can’t believe they got 5 seasons while some good show got one

goodbye gg, will not missing you

• Irish Man 12 says:

Based on the ending of last night’s episode, my gut says that Dan will be the one to take down Bart Bass, thus possibly redeeming himself in the eyes of the UES.
      Either that, or he ends up being GG this entire time.

• LH says:

GG is ending on a HIGH note after 6 seasons & Chuck-Blair are getting their CHAIRYTALE ending!!! It’s the ONLY way to properly end GG. CHAIR=DESTINY=ENDGAME!!!

10. Brian says:

Dan’s working for Chuck to get closer to Bart.

11. Patricia says:

I wish I was more excited about this, I’ve only seen the first episode this season I need to catch up before the finale.

12. O'Brien says:

I guess that Juliet as GG makes sense, as she’s had her vendetta against Serena for a long while, and then I suppose the others by extension, but she would have had to have been in the game long before Ben went to prison – GG reported on the group before S went to boarding school. Was she always around, jealous she couldn’t be in their circle? I kind of just hope this is wrong, and that it’s actually Nelly Yuki, because that would at least make sense, given the timeline. Then again, I rely on these writers for literally nothing anymore.

13. Maria says:

Ah, feels like I’ve been waiting five years to see CB finally get married! I loved seeing a still of Eric and Lily together too, and Jack, and Juliet… should be a great ep.

14. Brooke says:

Doesn’t Gossip Girl have to be older than the gang? Because she wasn’t new when the series started…but Dan and Jenny were new to the UES. I vote for Lily!

15. Sarah says:

as horrible as this show has become, i’ll miss the actors, their outfits, and all the NYC scenery!

• DeeKayTee says:

This!! The show has been awful for a long time but I will miss the gang just because of the generational influence the first couple of seasons had.

• april-ann says:

This, Sarah! Although I won’t miss Chuck’s red onesie, I sure will miss the actors , their outfits and all the NYC scenery. We need a really great NYC replacement. Carrie Diaries won’t do it for me because isn’t that set in NYC at least 30 years ago? Not fun, at least for me. Castle doesn’t do it for me (though it’s been really great the last few eps but not for the things we mentioned). Ahh, what I wouldn’t give for Dirty Sexy Money.

16. Abby says:

The show has been borderline unwatchable, which was sad after all these years, but I do hope that the finale ties things up the right way. So happy to see Eric! Blair’s dress is beautiful. I am still holding out hope that Dorota is Gossip Girl. :)

• Sarah says:

agree to all…especially dorota as GG!

• Erica says:

I actually saw a few interviews where the cast told who they thought was Gossip Girl( it was taken before of course they finished the season, and still didn’t know). Almost everyone said Dorota as their guess. I’m still ugh about who it is. I think it’s funny someone could have found out who she was the whole time.

• Heather says:

I don’t want Dorota to be GG at all. So much of what has been posted on GG has hurt Blair. If Dorota was behind it all it would destroy the Blair/Dorota’s relationship. Dorota has been like a mother to Blair ……this would be a horrible betrayal of that bond.

• Erica says:

It hasn’t been watchable for at least a couple of seasons( started getting worse about the time Ivy showed up).

17. Abby says:

Also yay for the return of Cyrus!

18. jessica says:

Wouldn’t surprise me if bart was gossip girl, he has info on everyone. My other guess would be Dan simply because he’s always wanted to be one of them. Another guess would be Nate he’s never really had anything that bad about him on GG. If it is Juliet that’s rubbish because we only met her late on it should be one of the originals!

19. Lili says:

Finally!!! The last stills ever. I can’t wait for Chuck & Blair’s wedding. Eleanor looks so happy and Dorota is crying…that’s adorable.

20. thereasonsy says:

Anyone else fell like they have lost 5 years of their life on this show? And CAN WE PLEASE CUT PENN’s O#UT#OU HAIR?!?

21. Mark says:

I hope Dan is GG and he works with Juliet. Then they should put all the UES on fire and the last scene should be Dan and Juliet walking away and watching all the UESer die in a fire.

22. Miffy says:

That picture of Lily and Eric is a wedding picture. Eric is walking Lily down “the aisle” to give her away…to Rufus?

I heard Taylor Momsen is back for the finale as Jenny, but no pictures of her (yet).

23. Miffy says:

Oh, and Nage apparently is one of the endgames.

24. gary says:

No doubt Dan is playing Bart to help Chuck. And that has been his plan the whole time…Its weird but Dan and Chuck have seem like they are better friends then the show tells ever since Dan gave him Monkey

25. Jason says:

So Chuck doesn’t die in a plane crash, huh? Kind of makes next Monday’s episode irrelevant.

• Irish Man 12 says:

My thoughts exactly.
      Based on the stills, the finale actually looks like it’s going to be good. But we’re going to have to get through next Monday’s episode to get there.

26. lilys87 says:

Well Dan is invited to the wedding so I guess his plan worked.
    Am I the only one who wishes K. Bell to be GG ?

27. Sarah says:

Thank you very much for the pictures of the last episode of Gossip Girl!!!!. Especially the wedding photos of Chuck and Blair, both look beautiful in all the pictures. Blair is gorgeous, with her wedding dress and Chuck with his suit looks very attractive and handsome. I’m so happy because they are finally getting married.

28. Luu says:

Am I the only one here expecting Jenny only to take down Sage and live happily ever after with Nate? They deserved it!

29. Nora says:

My give a damn about this show is officially gone.

Welp, at least Blair looks beautiful.

30. Leigh says:

#CHAIR WEDDING & ENDGAME–as DESTINY defines!!! Chuck&Blair’s happy ending is the ONLY reason I stuck w/ #GG!! IT’S PAYOFF TIME!!

31. Olivia says:

Good to know that in the very end Jack Bass was one of the good ones.

32. Gabrielle says:

I’m thrilled that Chuck and Blair look set to have their happy ending together. It’s been a hell of a long time coming and no other TV couple has ever been so dynamic or worth the wait as these two have.

But if Dan and Serena end up together then it’s got to be the worst thing to have happen to these two characters in the finale. If episode 8 of season 6 didn’t make everyone realize what an AWFUL couple they are, then nothing will. They just don’t connect at all, and Dan will always be secretly pining for Blair.

Penn’s comments about how disappointing Dan and Blair’s rushed break-up was spoke volumes. He believes in Dan’s love for Blair. Serena and Dan are a thing of the PAST and it should be left that way. She and Nate should be together.

I really despise that the writers seem to have completely moved on from season 3, in terms of how happy Serena and Nate were together. They are the type of endgame pairing people wish for.

• Vanessa says:

Wow, you said the exact truth! I couldn’t agree more with the no chemistry between dan and serena. She and nate have way more game! I’m deeply sad that they’ve decided that somehow, in a parallel universe she and dan are the perfect match.

33. SamiJ says:

I’m not a Derena shipper, but a couple of the commenters upthread seem to have it right: Dan made a big display of humiliating Serena at Thanksgiving dinner to get close to Bart. I bet he didn’t even submit the “mean” article about Serena for publishing; he just made it look like he did for the occasion. And it worked: Bart gave Dan his card at the end of the episode. Bart will end up dead, Chuck and Lily will be suspects #1 and #2, and Dan, thanks to his access, will have some information that exonerates them. That’s how they will put Derena back together again leading up to flash forward to their wedding (suspiciously left out of the season 10 pics). Dan will officially be one of the gang and no longer an outsider.

34. Cece says:

How many times will they kill Bart off. It sounds terrible with all due respect. Soap operas have better storyline than GG at this point. No wonder Penn Badgley is so vocal about his displeasure with his character and over all storyline of Gossip Girl. It started out great and somewhere along lost all sense of logic.

35. Shuayb says:

It doesn’t make sense for Juliet to be Gossip Girl. Seriously if it was then it would be the worst thing ever… She only came into the picture in season 4. And her motivation for revenge was Ben’s imprisonment. It had nothing to do with her being poor and she being rich.
    I really hope Dan and Serena do not get married. Seriously that would be the worst thing ever.

Maybe Sage is Gossip Girl. She has inexplicable hatred for Serena. She has never said why. It makes more sense. Her infatuation with Nate could also be why she doesn’t like Blair too. Blair and Serena both dated and dumped Nate.

36. Sandrine says:

Sage is in the finale? Damn it!

37. Sandrine says:

Great! I saw the promo for episode 9 AFTER I saw these pics. Why would they release these wedding pictures if they were planning to tease us with Chuck’s death on next week’s episode? Unless there’s a twist…

38. Carda says:

I dunno who’s GG but I’m pretty sure it’s rather Juliet than Jenny!
    Jenny was way too young and did not now them the least personal when GG was already posting juicy stuff about S and B!

I think Dan’s “plan” is to somehow provoke GG with his chapters and unmask her by the way! That could explain why he seems to be in good graces with the gang again!

39. Azerty says:

On the picture 17, Jack Bass is saying: “Boys, I am dating an Ukrainian stripper from that Koshka Brotherhood, your bachelor party will be one hell of a show!”

40. Brandy says:

Blair looks beautiful I her dress and headband/tiara.So glad Eric and Jenny are returning.Cant wait to see what brings Juliet back.Excited to find out who GG is ,who Kristin Bell is.I hope the finale is awesome, cause I was Dissapointed with DHs last year.

41. dtse says:

NJBC FTW! Wish Serena and Nate get married too! Ugh… I am so happy abut Chuck&Blair sooooooooooooooooooo happyyyyyyyyyyyy and soooooooooo exited :D

42. L. E. says:

Chuck&Blair FINALLY getting their long-awaited nupitals & HAPPY ENDING!!! CHAIRYTALE 4 LIFE!!!

43. Dirtymartini says:

I’m seriously starting to think that Blair and chuck getting married is a dream sequence and its all a part of Dan’s “final chapter” that he was writing at the end of the last episode. I think maybe chuck does die and so Dan writes a faux story for Blair and chuck so that they can finally have their happy ending.

• gary says:

interesting….its does seem weird that they would just release these pictures and spoil the finale episode

• Gabrielle says:

The photos of Blair and Chuck getting married were already spoiled last month, when the scenes were being filmed. It reminds me of when Blair and Chuck got together in the Season 2 finale. People thought they were tricking viewers, when in fact it was the closing scene of the episode.

I really doubt that the writers would go down such a dark route and kill Chuck. It wouldn’t justify his journey with Blair and personal growth throughout the show. They’ve suffered enough already and deserve happiness – actual happiness, not a dream in which Dan fictionalizes a happy ending for them.

A “dream” happy ending for them would be depressingly similar to the movie ‘Atonement’.

• b says:

I’ll boycott the network and the shows writers and producers

44. b says:

This season while not the best of the series isn’t the worst by far that honor goes to season 5 which was shaping up to be one of the series best until Blair left her wedding with Dan instead of Chuck and Dair happened if such had left with Chuck and Dair had stayed Safran’s dream instead of his reality that cost him his job this season could’ve started differently and we wouldn’t have had to wait half the season for the mess dair created to be resolved

45. Heather says:

If you look at Gossip Girl on IMDB the final episode is already listed. The cast – also listed. Very top of the cast list? None other than Kristen Bell as Gossip Girl. She is normally listed as just the voice of Gossip Girl, however on the cast description is specifies “(voice)” on multiple episodes but just straight Gossip Girl on the series finale. Mystery solved.

• Ericca says:

Ok, but in a recent interview the writers said that GG would be one of the original characters. Does she count? I mean, it would make sense, but I think GG being new character at the last minute would be slightly disappointing.

46. Alice says:

Can we PLEASE bring back Ben??? Have him and Serena ride off in the sunset together.

47. Natalie says:

Am I the only one wondering WHY Dan was invited to chuck and blairs (small??) wedding?