FX Sets Premiere Date for The Americans, Spy Drama Starring Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys

TA_120524_0051FX’s The Americans, starring Keri Russell (Felicity) and Matthew Rhys (Brothers & Sisters), now has a series premiere date to spy: Wednesday, Jan. 30, at 10/9c.

RELATED | FX Sets Return Dates for Justified, Archer and Anger Management

The Americans is described as a period drama about the complex marriage of two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington D.C. shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected president. Rhys and Russell play Philip and Elizabeth Jennings, KGB Directorate S illegals in an arranged marriage that grows more passionate and genuine as it is constantly tested by the escalationTA_120524_0170(1) of the Cold War and the dangerous relationships they must maintain with a network of spies.

Complicating their covert situation further is Philip’s growing sense of affinity for the American way of life, plus the arrival of a new neighbor, Stan Beeman (White Collar‘s Noah Emmerich), an FBI agent whose beat is tracking foreign agents on U.S. soil — including Russian spies posing as Americans. Well that’s an unfortunate coinky-dink.

FX recently announced that its acclaimed drama Justified will return for Season 4 on Tuesday, Jan. 8.

Watch a promo for The Americans here. Will you be tuning in?

Comments (18)

• is it be action-oriented?

Comment by Michael Sacal – December 4, 2012 05:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not know what it be.

Comment by YowzaPowza – December 4, 2012 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • be is a typo, heh. the question should be “is it action-oriented?” I didn’t see the promo when I asked it, but even after I saw it I still have my doubts. I’m hoping for something along the lines of Mission Impossible 3.

Comment by Michael Sacal – December 4, 2012 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will definitely watch!

Comment by B – December 4, 2012 05:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not sure how interested I will be in the story itself, but Keri Russell, so I need to watch it anyways.

Comment by Eric – December 4, 2012 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait!!!

Comment by Lorie – December 4, 2012 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • KERI RUSSELL!! I love her and CAN’T. WAIT.

Comment by Mrs. Ben Covington – December 4, 2012 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where’s Scotty?

Comment by Mark – December 4, 2012 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Matthew Rhys /Brothers & Sisters. I’ll check it out.

Comment by wrstlgirl – December 4, 2012 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the idea of an 80s period piece. I’ll check it out.

Comment by Jim – December 4, 2012 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Def checking this one out!

Comment by Lauren – December 4, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait!!!!

Comment by Lauren – December 4, 2012 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOT interested at all. It seems like a platform for preaching politics. There’s just something about it that makes me want to pass on it. I’ll watch the first ep. to make sure.

Comment by Rich – December 4, 2012 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hopeful about it. I love Cold War espionage.

Comment by MC Maine – December 4, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell? Yep, I’ll definitely check it out. I miss Matthew Rhys on my television.

Comment by BX – December 4, 2012 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gotta watch, for Matthew Rhys if nothing else. I miss him on my TV

Comment by AllyD – December 5, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really interested in the premise of this show. I will be tuning in for sure. If FX can give this show the same level of quality and great writing as Justified, I’ll be hooked…

Comment by Natalie – December 5, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really like both the leads, so I’ll be watching.

Comment by Kristina – December 10, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post