ABC Sets Body of Proof Return Date, Gives Red Widow Sunday Slot, Plots Suburgatory Move

Get More: News, Scheduling News

DANA DELANYABC has released details on its midseason schedule, which features a toned-up Body of Proof returning to Tuesday nights.

The revamped Dana Delany-led procedural again will air in the 10/9c slot left vacant after Private Practice‘s series finale, likely to take place in late January. Its third season will bow Feb. 5. UPDATE: BoP will now return Feb. 19.

RELATED | Fox Unveils Midseason Game Plan, Sets Dates for American Idol, Touch and The Following

The network will fill 666 Park Avenue‘s Sunday 10 pm spot with Red Widow, starring Finding Neverland‘s Radha Mitchell as a woman who gets tangled up with an Eastern European mob. Widow will debut with a two-hour premiere at 9 pm on March 3 and premiere in its regular timeslot the following week.

Zero Hour, a conspiracy-minded mystery starring ER‘s Anthony Edwards, will land in Last Resort‘s Thursday lead-off slot, debuting Feb. 14 at 8 pm.

Also of note:

• Suburgatory will move back to its Season 1, 8:30 Wednesday time slot starting April 3; after its season finale, it’ll be replaced on May 1 with Family Tools, a family-business comedy (an adaptation of the British sitcom White Van Man) starring The King of Queens‘ Leah Remini and The Closer‘s J.K. Simmons.

• How to Live With Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life), a comedy led by Scrubs‘ Sarah Chalke as a single mom who moves back in with her folks (Everybody Loves Raymond‘s Brad Garrett and Weeds‘ Elizabeth Perkins), premieres Wednesday, April 3 at 9:30.

• Celebrity Diving, a competition in which stars perform complicated aquatic dives, will premiere Tuesday, March 19 at 8 pm with Olympic gold medalist Greg Louganis as a judge.

• Chefs Anthony Bourdain, Nigella Lawson, Ludo Lefebvre and Brian Malarkey will hed up The Taste, a new cooking competition. It’ll bow Jan. 22 at 8 pm.

• Dancing With the Stars will return for its 16th season on at 8 pm on Monday, March 18. The results show will debut the following week at 9 pm on Tuesday, March 26.

Comments (81)

• Celebrity Diving?! I love it. It sounds just as campy as the genius (and much missed in my family) Celebrity Circus.

Comment by Babybop – December 4, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah they bought the rights from our German Show, its funny! Although we have it as a Event Not as a Series.

Comment by Simon – December 4, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s Dutch, not German…

Comment by Eve_Venn (@Eve_Venn) – December 4, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Nope, it’s German and called Tv Total Turmspringen.

Comment by Nick – December 4, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • It’s from a Dutch productioncompany: Eyeworks.

Comment by Annemieke – December 4, 2012 01:15 PM PDT
          • Maybe multiple countries have a similarly stupid show.

Comment by Tee – December 4, 2012 02:32 PM PDT
  • Yea all those new shows, excluding Body of Proof, sound just fantastic…..not

Comment by Boiler – December 4, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You must have time-traveled here from the 90s because that’s the last decade where that delayed sarcasm was accepted as humour.

Comment by dude – December 4, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree.

With these moves… ABC has just guarantee that “Red Widow” and “Zero Hour” are DOA….

If you are a fan of Nashville, Scandal, and Castle you can read between the lines… Those 3 shows are safe and will be returning next season.

Celebrity Diving… DOA
      Happy Ending…. Just waiting for the official cancellation press release.
      The Bit? Apt. 23… Just waiting for the official cancellation press release.
      Body of Proof…Just waiting for the official cancellation press release.

Comment by eridapo – December 4, 2012 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What? There is no better timeslot on ABC for Red Widow than the post-Revenge slot.

Comment by nick1372 – December 5, 2012 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No no NO ABC, didn’t you learn already that Suburgatory works best in the post-MF slot? Such an under-appreciated show

Comment by Jenn – December 4, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It did fine at 8:30 last season.

Comment by Steven – December 4, 2012 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The ratings were actually higher last season at 8:30 than airing directly after MF.

Comment by dsm – December 4, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t know what to think about the changes coming to BOP this season. I loved the character of Peter. Regardless though I am glad the show is coming back. I have missed it. Dana and Jeri are both great in this show

Comment by Linda – December 4, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree I really like BOP.

Comment by Tiny – December 30, 2012 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • probably means Zero Hour DOA… Why does ABC always put good shows into that death slot :(

Comment by sob – December 4, 2012 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was wondering this very thing. Zero Hour does NOT sound like it belongs at 8pm.

Comment by Renee – December 4, 2012 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can accept Last Resort’s death because it was an awful show, but come on ABC! Zero Hour deserves better than this!

Comment by John – December 4, 2012 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the DWTS results show didn’t do anything for Happy Endings/Apt 23/PP. Celebrity Diving is even worst for those comedies + BOP. :(

Comment by George – December 4, 2012 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agree, Zero Hour will be DOA in that time slot. Why can’t they see they need a show there that’s compatible with Grey’s?

Comment by Karri – December 4, 2012 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m intrigued that they’re going to try to launch How To Live With Your Parents after Modern Family, that will be interesting…

Comment by Alex – December 4, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh goody another Mob show. Not.. Body of Proof would be ok if it were more like Crossing Jordan. To bad you can’t get Merlin it would be perfect after OUAT then Revenge at the end of the evening. They cancel good shows keep dumb ones and bring in some that are even worse.

Comment by Debsafan – December 4, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • FYI, they recently announced that the series currently running here in the UK will be the last of Merline.

Comment by Bouncy Castle – December 5, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does this mean Suburgatory will be on hiatus for four months? Or will it be on again in January and just switch days in April? I hope not!

Comment by samantha schoenfeld (@samschoenfeld) – December 4, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No. There’s nothing new scheduled in Suburatory’s slot between Jan & Apr, so it won’t be on hiatus.

Comment by nick1372 – December 5, 2012 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They actually need to break up the 2 hour comedy block on Wednesdays and use those on Thursdays or throw a reality result show there or something. Last Resort would still be on the air if it had been scheduled right as the Tuesday at 10 show.

Comment by Brian – December 4, 2012 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Celebrity Diving? Seriously?!? I didn’t think it was possible that anything could make me hate TV but ABC is getting there.

Comment by Jenn – December 4, 2012 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If i were ABC i would have put Body of Proof on Thursdays and put Zero Hour on Tuesdays. Both Red Widow and Zero Hour have my interest because i like these sorts of shows. A lot of the midseason new shows do compared to the very limp new shows we have had bar Revolution for me the new shows so far have been pretty mediocre at best. Should be interesting but the pre-grey’s spot has been a show killer so i guess maybe i should just skip Zero Hour?

Comment by greysfan – December 4, 2012 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed on absolutely everything!

Comment by John – December 4, 2012 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What’s going to happen with Happy Endings when March comes around???

Comment by DDB – December 4, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I guess they’ll reduce the season to 18 episodes or so, which sucks :(

Comment by Luis – December 4, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It and Apartment 23 will either replace a failed show or move to Saturdays or the summer for a burn-off.

Comment by nick1372 – December 5, 2012 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BTW that Celebrity Diving has a different name in other countries. Its called Celebrity Splash. You should look it up on YouTube. Its quite hilarious some of it but some of it looks ok.

Comment by greysfan – December 4, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Still going to be trash tv though.

Comment by greysfan – December 4, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You’d heard it hear folks Zero Hour will be cancelled, that slot would probably get better ratings if it was a greys repeat.

Comment by Mike – December 4, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And by “Celebrity” they mean D list has-been actors and reality TV contestants still desperately clinging to their 15 minutes of fame.

Comment by MT – December 4, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as Happy Endings and Don’t Trust The B stay on the schedule, I’m fine.

Comment by YowzaPowza – December 4, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well crud! I was looking forward to Zero Hour. I guess I won’t waste my time now.

Comment by LDSK – December 4, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And the death watch for Zero Hour begins in 3, 2, 1….

Comment by David – December 4, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why bother airing it now… The scheduling tells us this show will not be long for this world. I say gone by May..

Comment by eridapo – December 4, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t know Anthony Edwards had a show coming out. I might try it, I like him. He was always the best thing about ER. I don’t usually cry at character deaths on shows, but I sure cried hard when Dr. Greene died. I’m glad he will be back on television.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – December 4, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Peter = No Body of Proof.

Comment by Alia – December 4, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen to this!

Comment by Bouncy Castle – December 5, 2012 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about MISTRESSES???????????

Comment by Phoebe1_ – December 4, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was just about to ask the same thing.

Comment by Nerdbot – December 4, 2012 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mistresses is scheduled for a summer series run. ABC will probably announce details (premiere date, time) sometime in spring. My guess is show will air in early June through summer 2013.

Comment by Nero theTVFiddler – December 5, 2012 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is 666 Park Avenue going to get to finish it’s run?

Comment by Montie – December 4, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why there’s no promo or air date for 666 Park Avenue ? Revenge and Once are back on January 6.

Comment by Soso Kuratishvili (@S_Kurat) – December 4, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because 666 Park Avenue is a dead show walking and they don’t want to waste effort on it.

Comment by Jess – December 4, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Body of Proof! Huzzah!

Comment by Norah – December 4, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Brad Garrett really old enough to have fathered Sarah chalke? That surprises me.

Also red widow sounds terrible. They really should have moved Nashville to that slot. It would work so much better with revenge as a lead-in.

Comment by Andie – December 4, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Aint that the truth!

Comment by Boiler – December 4, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 10 to 1 Red Widow will crash and burn just like the show that was on in that same timeslot before it lol and why cant they move the news up an hour FOR ONCE jeez its not like anyboby will care if the news is on an hour later than normal

Comment by Fanofgoodshows – December 4, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m kind of intrigued by Celebrity Diving. It will be interesting to see how diving is learned. But, I don’t think I could watch it for more than one season. Things like this shouldn’t be a tv series, it should be a special event shown in the summer.

Comment by Tamera – December 4, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m deeply ashamed of owning a tv.

Comment by sadface – December 4, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Body of Proof is awesome..these other shows sound blah..I mean Red Widow just sounds like a revamped Mob Doctor. I am going to miss 666 and Last Resort..both good shows, but the idiots are not bright enough to give them a good chance to establish themselves…lets just add more ridiculous reality tv…heck pretty soon it will be Kim Krapdashian for president.

Comment by J – December 4, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve seen Penoza -the Dutch series on which Red Widow is Based- and it’s definitely not The Mob Doctor. It’s much, much better. I’m really excited to see how they reworked it for American TV.

Comment by Annemieke – December 4, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does ABC not remember Skating With the Stars…?

Comment by Emily – December 4, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought that train-wreck belonged to NBC

Comment by Mary – December 4, 2012 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nope, according to Wikipedia the honor of broadcasting that flop was 100% ABC. smh

Comment by Emily – December 4, 2012 11:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • IMDB also credits ABC

Comment by Mary – December 5, 2012 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • a bunch of garbage!

Do NOT cancel 666 Park Avenue!

Comment by Julia – December 4, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Celebrity Diving? What’s next? Celebrity Pooping?

Comment by Miffy – December 4, 2012 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Celebrity Hairbrushing
      Celebrity Carwashing
      Celebrity Food chewing
      Celebrity eye blinking…

Comment by Lilly – December 4, 2012 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • America it’s up to you, who has the best hair after 1 hour of brushing? The celebrity with the least amount of votes will be eliminated and the remaining celebrities will continue to compete for the title of America’s favorite hair-brusher.

Comment by Mary – December 4, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dana Delaney is still one of the hottest and most intelligent women on TV.

Comment by tikkanen10 – December 4, 2012 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m sure a women in her mid 50′s ( though her character is supposed to be probably in her mid 40′s I would guess) is happy you think she’s HOT… She is sure still beautiful and seems to be have aged well.. not sure how much of that is surgical… I know her first cousin and they all seem to have good genes in looking younger in them,,,

Comment by Doug-H – December 5, 2012 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great to hear BOP news back to 10pm slot..sorry for Vegas,but thanks to DVR. :)

Comment by roxam – December 4, 2012 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG! Who is in charge of programming at ABC??? A cooking show and a DIVING competition against NCIS. Really? At best, these should have been saved for the summer. I hope Red Widow works but the concept has already been done. It’s called Mob Doctor and it failed!! I will watch the Zero Hour only because there’s nothing else at that time that appeals to me, but really, ABC needs to stop trying to go after the male demo at that time and against the biggest scripted shown on TV. This will mostly likely meet the same fate as every other show that has been on at that time for the last few years. I’ve read comments in other blogs and everyone agree. Many will not even bother to watch because they don’t want to get invested on a show that will inevitably end up being cancelled. And, how much longer will they keep wasting valuable air time with DWTS? Seriously? Once a year is bad enough, twice is beyond overkill…And YES for BoP!!! This has been a long wait. I don’t think ABC ever took this show seriously. They have treated it as a filler from the beginning.

Comment by Ana – December 4, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 666 and Last Resort cancelled for a diving show and yet another cooking show. ABC fail!

Comment by Mala Monkles (@MalaMonkles) – December 5, 2012 01:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Red Widow looks absolutely ridiculous. BOP is definitely going to get another mircale renewal. ABC really needs a solid, if unspectacular, procedural that can repeat well. (Plus, ABC claims it does well internationally.) All these soaps have very little shelf life for the network – one showing and then, if they are repeated, terrible ratings..

Comment by Chicago Dan – December 5, 2012 02:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The scheduling of the dramas [BOP, RWidow, ZHour] not too surprising – ABC tried to place these shows in slots that had similar type dramas [PP, 666, LResort] – that strategy may indeed prove incorrect, but that’s the plan at this point from ABC’s perspective. Time will tell.

What surprised me was the scheduling of Live w/Parents and Family Tools. I believe ABC originally had these two slotted at ‘winter-series’ for Tuesday 8-9pm during DWTS hiatus. Now, it appears ABC is going more with reality series during winter to fill holes.

I think this is good news for both Live w/Parents and Family Tools – that post MF slot at 9:30 Wednesdays is the best place for ABC to launch a comedy. It bodes very, very well for Live w/Parents, which will get a good chance of getting good ratings while it airs during April. Family Tools may have a more difficult time in that slot in May since it will compete with May-sweeps/season finale type shows during that month. Either way, good news for both series – at least one of the two should get strong numbers and warrant a renewal for fall 2013.

Suburgatory is a good show – it will be back in fall 2013. However, Neighbors will need to compete with Live w/Parents and Family Tools to try to get a renewal for fall. We’ll see – I’m betting Live w/Parents will get that one fall slot – never bet against the winsome Sarah Chalke.

Comment by Nero theTVFiddler – December 5, 2012 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But Sarah Chalke’s shows are always getting cancelled, especially since they premiere mid season! That’s never good….

Comment by JO – December 5, 2012 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zero Hour looks like it could be an incredible movie or mini series but it looks too complicated and serialized to work on network tv. My prediction is that the show will bomb and get cancelled like every other series in the timeslot.

Comment by Jared – December 5, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I sure don’t know where ABC get’s their numbers at…My friends all watch 666 Park Avenue and Last Resort. I think they were good shows and I was coming back to watching ABC, but since they cancell them I don’t think I will be watching to much of ABC,s now…Quick putting good shows on the 10:00 on SUnday spot and Thursday at 8:00pm spot…With CBS’s Big Bang Theory on at 8:00 on Thursday no ABC’s or NBC’s has a chance…

Comment by Rosemarie – December 6, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should have moved BOP to the Thursday death slot instead of trying yet another new show there. It’s stable, has an established fan base, and is compatible with Grey’s. Even if doesn’t get stellar ratings, it could hang tough till it has enough episodes to syndicate so ABC can make their money back.

Comment by Asyateresea – December 7, 2012 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great that Body Of Proof will be back..love the show, and changes will be exciting to see,too bad they didn’t give it Monday at 10 slot and move Castle to Tuesday.

Comment by B – December 8, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE BUY THE RIGHTS TO HARRYS LAW FROM NBC & HELP TEACH THEIR STUPID NETWORK HOW THE TV STORY BUSINESS & NETWORKS SHOULD BE RUN

Comment by albert oneil – December 9, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When I read about Celebrity Diving I thought it was a joke. They can’t be serious. And most of these sitcoms don’t even get a giggle out of me. Last great laugh I had was with Bored To Death. What great writing. I miss that show.

Comment by Pam Q – December 27, 2012 12:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This weeks BODY OF PROOF story line is sooooooo WRONG.AND UNFAIR. I volunteer ever week to drive Vets of all ages and wars to and from the VA Clinics and Hospitals. I can testify that any and all VETS that need help in any way are getting treated immediately.
    I only wish when I came back from Nam we had the assistance that are not provided by VA and many other orginations like Wounded Worrier Project etc. Why use a few crazy ones to make up your program.

Comment by Chris Bollino – February 27, 2013 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post