Howard Stern Returning to America's Got Talent

howard stern agtSingers, dancers, magicians and acrobatic canines, you’ve been warned: NBC confirmed today that Howard Stern is returning for Season 8 of America’s Got Talent, his second consecutive year as a judge on the summer juggernaut.

“Howard Stern’s towering presence and opinions on last season’s show as a new judge made a dramatic impact and added a sharper edge to the fascinating developments on stage,” said Paul Telegdy, President of Alternative and Late Night Programming for NBC Entertainment, in a release. “We know that Howard believes in America’s Got Talent — which remains America’s top-rated summer series — and that dedication comes across in a genuine way to our viewers who share his passion about our amazing talent competition.”

Last August, Stern’s fellow judge Sharon Osbourne declared her intention to leave AGT, despite being under contract.

Ongoing auditions for America’s Got Talent are slated for Birmingham, AL (Dec. 10), Memphis (Dec. 11), Nashville (Dec. 13), Savannah, GA (Dec. 14), Raleigh (Dec. 15), Norfolk, VA (Dec. 16), San Antonio (Jan. 12 and 13) and Chicago (Jan. 26 and 27).

Excited about Stern’s return? Any changes you’d like to see on AGT when it returns in summer 2013? Sound off in the comments!

1. niamhcat says:

I am sorry to see Stern returning to AGT. He is so overbearing as to be almost impossible to watch. He has made it an offshoot of the Howard Stern show, and we went from regular viewers of AGT to reluctant sometime viewers. I am questioning whether we want to watch it at all next season, especially with the mitigating influence of Sharon Osbourne gone.

• wisbadgers says:

“Reluctant viewers”. “Questioning whether we want to watch it at all next season”.
      First off, who are we? You have a mouse in your pocket…lmao.
      Second, get a grip, it’s a TV show. Watch or don’t watch. But to say that you suffered through the show because of Howard Stern’s addition (yet no comments about Howie Mandal, hmmmm???) is one of the most asinine comments I’ve ever read. Do yourself a favor…don’t watch. Now you and your mouse won’t have to be in so much pain watching a TV show anymore.
      GEEZ!!!!

• Lissa says:

I agree niamhcat, he was horrible to watch and I think his ridiculous arrogance drove Sharon Osborne away. I found myself fast forwarding through his bile filled comments. Please get rid of him, he adds nothing and seems to have a desire to make the show all about himself. He has a show, just stick with that. The show was a bright happy place where it felt like we could rejoice with others in their talents, laugh at some silliness and it was sweet and uplifting. Now it’s just heavy handed and creepy.

• Rs says:

Niamhcat – pure ignorance

2. Kevin says:

Great News! Stern is the only judge who understands what true talent is. We can only hope that Mandell does not return. It gets really tiresome to watch him put through a terrible act each year.

3. dan says:

I heard this great news this morning on Howard’s satellite radio show. I’d never watched AGT before Howard became a judge and although it isn’t my favorite tv show (or even in the top five), it was a fun summer show to watch. I liked the rapport between Howard, Howie and Sharon; too bad Sharon is leaving. I’ll watch again next summer thanks to Howard’s decision to return.

4. Joe says:

I heard the news on the show this morning I never watched till this year I would not have watched if stern didn’t come back

5. Dr. Bombay says:

Huge Stern fan on the radio. But this news bums me out mostly because his non-stop talking about AGT was easil the worst part of his radio show this year….

6. Jason says:

They need to get Rosie to replace Sharon. The chemistry between Howard and Rosie is pretty awesome and she’s already said that she’d do it in a heartbeat.

7. MarilynMyre says:

We started watching because we hoped Howard would be the “tell it like it is” judge and he did not dissapoint! Sorry to see Sharon leave and I agree that Rosie O would be fantastic. Howie is weird & boring. He was very funny about 30 years ago and I don’t know what happened to him. Maybe it’s me.

8. Nan says:

I think Rosie would be great, and I hope howie comes back as well.

9. K says:

Really dislike Howard-completely arrogant and comes across as trying too hard to have something to say. I don’t appreciate his attention seeking comments and the way he will cross any line in order to look ‘funny'; attacks performers, puts people down, mocks people. Just horrible to watch. I fast forward through his comments.

10. just me says:

I really like Howard Stern on AGT. I think he was honest with the contestants, and he supported those who truly showed talent. He never seemed to be mean; some judges on these shows seem to want to spare the feelings of the contestants by supporting them when they really don’t have a chance of reaching the latter stages of the competitions. Before seeing him on AGT, I never really had an opinion of him, but I now do respect him for treating his judgeship responsibly.

11. laura says:

Network still desperate for ratings. Keeping Howard Stern . Bet more people would tune in to see Charles Manson… Should we turn A blind eye to his past just for ratings. Have some integrity America (got no class) executives