TVLine Items: Baldwin Inks NBC Deal, Jere Burns Enters Bates Motel, Gingrich on Parks and More!
NBC is staying in the Alec Baldwin biz.
With the end of 30 Rock drawing near, the Emmy-winning actor has inked a two-year overall deal with the network, Deadline reports.
Under the new pact, Baldwin will help develop and produce series for NBC, with the possibility of starring in his own project.
30 Rock, meanwhile, wraps its seven-season run with an hour-long installment on Jan. 31.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? well…
• Justified baddie Jere Burns has joined A&E’s Psycho prequel Bates Motel. Per Deadline, his role is being kept under wraps, but is said to be “pivotal.”
• Politico/onetime Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich dropped by the Parks and Recreation set and was promptly fitted for a cameo, Rob Lowe shared via Twitter.
• Ex-Sing-Off emcee Nick Lachey has been tapped to host NBC’s upcoming singing competition/game show hybrid The Winner Is, per The Hollywood Reporter.
• S. Epatha Merkerson (Law & Order) has landed a recurring role in NBC’s midseason series Deception, Deadline reports, playing leading lady Meagan Good’s mother.
• DirecTV’s Audience Network will air all eight seasons of 24 — the first time the entire series has been broadcast in HD — starting Monday, Jan. 7 at 8/c.
• Spike TV has renewed Ink Master and Tattoo Nightmares for third and second seasons, respectively.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?