Exclusive: NCIS' Latest Spin-Off – Meet the Team!

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Patriot ActsAs we await the episode of NCIS: LA in which we’re introduced to the jet-setting do-gooders who’ll populate the proposed spin-off, details are beginning to leak — and juicy ones at that. How juicy? We can now tell you who (at least a few of) the characters are!

Paris: This Special Agent is a twice-divorced badass who is as sexy as she is tough and as smart as she is sexy. In other words, she is formidable on just about every level. Her one weakness? Though she’s part of a team, she works best when she works alone.

Roy: Though he is (not-at-all-willingly) retired from active duty, this former Special Agent is still employed as the group’s Operations Manager. However, it’s widely acknowledged that he is nonetheless their shrewdest investigator.

Danny: The team’s forensic specialist (and resident oddball) is an ex-NYPD detective who has a little skill at a lotta things. Except driving. Apparently, at that, he has no skill whatsoever!

Clara: Not only a brainiac, lawyer, photographer and military junkie, this Special Agent is also supermodel gorgeous. In her eyes, though, she’s just the tomboy next door.

Kai: The group’s young IT guy apparently is so bright — thanks, MIT! — he doesn’t just say “Did you try rebooting?” like ours does when someone brings him a computer problem. No wonder they all love him like a kid brother.

Your thoughts? Who would you cast? Weigh in below!

Comments (136)

• a female lead? well, I like that

Comment by tali – November 30, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too – hopefully it’s an actress we’ve never seen before on any NCIS episode; it sounds like it’s going to be a lot of fun. :) I’m also glad that Shane Brennan, the Master storyteller himself, is running this “new op” too. NCIS/LA has been a joy to watch (it’s always fresh & exciting, which I truly miss about Shane’s brand of storytelling), along with NCIS.

Comment by Dani – November 30, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Look what happened the last time they tried a female lead.
      This won’t last. It’s Criminal Minds : Suspect Behaviour done NCIS style.

Comment by Ehhh – November 30, 2012 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • @Ehhh You make a good point, but to be fair, CBS HAS to do something soon, regarding the “NCIS Dynasty”, if you will. The original series (as much I as I enjoy it as a fan) WILL be ending sooner than later, exactly as it should – like it or not – especially at the rate we’re going with the characters. All things have to end sometime. Therefore, CBS is wisely planning ahead by setting up a successor to NCIS & NCIS:LA combined – at leas that’s what this show sounds like. There’s nothing wrong with that. It’s a smart business decision, and Mr. Brennan has more than proven himself very capable of successful “NCIS” procedurals, as he was/is heavily involved with the current two. The Network made the decision, and that’s that. Best of luck to them. I enjoy the freshness of NCIS:LA, so I’ll be tuning in to see what they can do with this new one. :) I’m willing to give it a chance, at least.

Comment by Nubie – November 30, 2012 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, sounds like every NCIS/procedural line-up ever.

Comment by Mercedes – November 30, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Interesting. Not sure how I feel on Danny. Doesn’t feel original enough.

Comment by Esaul – November 30, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nicholas Brendon would be good for the part, Sounds like Xander sans demons

Comment by PPPG – November 30, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sounds good to me

Comment by Blake – November 30, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No. please, just no.

Comment by Kati (@timotey) – December 1, 2012 12:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I second that.

Comment by JC – December 1, 2012 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • yes, please, just yes

Comment by BuffySlut – December 2, 2012 09:08 AM PDT
    • I know he plays one of the characters on one channel I don’t have. I don’t remember the show’s name….someting about Cleveland in the title, but James Denton would be good as Roy in my opinion. He was great as John Kilmer on the short-lived Threat Matrix.

Comment by Martha Escalante – December 3, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Carrie-Ann Moss for Paris?

Comment by JennyS – November 30, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s on Vegas which will most likely be renewed for a sec

Comment by Jordan – November 30, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You haven’t been watching the ratings lately, have you?

Comment by JC – November 30, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel Natasha Henstrigde would be just the perfect fit.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – November 30, 2012 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ugh, she’s a terrible actress!

Comment by Sheila – December 11, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Paris – Jenny Sheppard?
    Roy – Mike Franks?
    Danny – Cross between Abby and Tony?
    Clara – Cross between Kensi and Ziva?
    Kai – McGee or Eric?

Comment by Suekay – November 30, 2012 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So basically its just NCIS, but with different people playing pretty much the same characters.

Comment by Titanic – November 30, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to Richard Dean Anderson as the Roy chacator. The rest I have now ideas about. Have wanted RDA on NCIS as a friend to Gibbs for years. Would love to at least see him as a co agent.

Comment by Think1959 – November 30, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oooooh. RDA is an awesome idea!!!!!

Comment by Kvivik – November 30, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes; Good idea.
      A little petition for Richard Dean Anderson

Comment by Byktae – November 30, 2012 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I AGREE
      WITH RDA BEING ON NCIS

Comment by Heather Moyer Gendeloff – November 30, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Would love to see RDA on NCIS as a regular, but have you seen him lately? He may be okay for a guest role but I don’t think he would be able to do a regular tv spot.

Comment by John – November 30, 2012 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • True RDA fans, such as ourselves, are not concerned with the extra weight he’s put on. Besides, Mark Harmon has chunked up quite a bit and is practically a walking cripple himself. Haven’t you noticed his rather marked left knee adduction? That’s why you don’t see him filmed from the waist, down too often, especially when he’s moving around. In any event, RDA can still sell it every bit as good as Harmon, and I think it would be great casting, especially since MH and RDA were always pitted against each other in the old Battle of the Network Stars competitions back in the 70′s and 80′s.

Comment by Great Idea! – November 30, 2012 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My Whedonverse dream team: Paris – Eliza Dushku. Roy – James Marsters (probably a little young for the role, though he is 50 now). Danny – Nicholas Brendan. Clara – Amy Acker. Kai – Fran Kranz.

Comment by Katie Hart – November 30, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG ahaha now THAT would actually make me watch that show. Huge Buffy and NCIS fan here. I am not planning on watching unless one of the actors is somebody I adore (which are mostly Whedonverse actors)

Comment by Svenja – November 30, 2012 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love this. Can we find a place for Anthony Stewart Head as well, now that Merlin is ending? And maybe Enver Jokai (sp?).

Comment by RJ – November 30, 2012 11:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yet another sexy, kick-ass heroine for Eliza Dushku? It’s getting old, to be honest. Her next show should be something completely different.

Comment by Lambsilencer – December 1, 2012 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Paris’ weakness is basically Callen.2? Steal his features why don’t they?

Comment by Bradley Adams – November 30, 2012 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good job CBS! U r getting more and more boring! Is there any good drama on CBS except ”The Good Wife”?

Comment by Vlada – November 30, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Person of Interest

Comment by Renee – November 30, 2012 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • +1

Comment by lll – November 30, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Elementary

Comment by leah – November 30, 2012 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Person Of Interest is so sooooooo awesome.

Comment by Hermes – December 1, 2012 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Some out of the box tries here –

Roy – Josh Holloway or Wood Harris

Clara – Sophia Bush (Though I’m betting on Summer Glau or Eliza Dushku)

Kai – an unknown/newbie

Danny – Ken Leung or Alan Tudyk

And if Paris is the lead, they need an established name. So female movie person….my dream choice? —- Diane Lane

Comment by Winter – November 30, 2012 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Josh Holloway will be amazing! Diane Lane i liker but i think she is a little old but he role, and Alan Tudyk NO WAY, he is in Suburgatory and i love him there

Comment by Lore – November 30, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why too old? It says twice divorced and says nothing about age. Mark Harmon is in his sixties, isn’t he?

Comment by Winter – November 30, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Although looking at it now, it seems to place Roy as an older agent. Oh, well.

I did think of another possibility for Clara. — Sarah Carter from Falling Skies.

Comment by Winter – November 30, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • “Mark Harmon is in his sixties, isn’t he?” Just barely, but he’s still pretty sexy!

Comment by LadyC – December 1, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing can compare to the original NCIS team.

Comment by J.P. – November 30, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So true and nothing ever will compare to NCIS LA is good but the original
      is better

Comment by Heather Moyer Gendeloff – November 30, 2012 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Truer words have never been spoken. Original NCIS rocks! Especially this current season, the eps are perfect!!

Comment by Jen – November 30, 2012 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • well said

Comment by estefania – November 30, 2012 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • To the original team from five years ago maybe. At this point, they are stuck in a never-ending reboot of their characters, no progress whatsoever. Tony is what? 40? 42? And still the immature fratboy from 10 years ago. The same goes for everyone else. Like Abby, her antics were cute before the actress crossed over into her forties.

Comment by Kati (@timotey) – December 1, 2012 12:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • so true. love gibbs, ziva, dinozzo, mcgee, duckee and abby,

Comment by Rafiat – January 30, 2013 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the NCIS shows- all of them. I sure would love to see Adam Baldwin cast in something like this. He’s phenomenal! Or Josh Holloway. I’ll wait to see who they cast, to see if I will commit to this new spin-off or not

Comment by Liana in San Diego – November 30, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • +1 to Josh Holloway

Comment by lll – November 30, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Adam Baldwin as Roy would be awesome.

Comment by JC – November 30, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • - Kristen Bell or Sara Shahi (Vegas,Fairly Legal)-paris; Enrico Colantoni (Veronica Mars, Flashpoint)-Roy;Alan Tudyk (Firefly) as Danny; Morena Baccarin (V,Firefly)- Clara. ADAM Brody (TheOC) -Kai

Comment by lori – November 30, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Paris – Lucy Lawless
    Roy – Scott Bakula
    Danny – Enver Gjokaj
    Clara – Laura Vandervoort
    Kai – a newcomer

Comment by Rueben – November 30, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please, not Scott Bakula. Maybe Clarke Peters?

Comment by Winter – November 30, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Clarke Peters would be an excellent choice. Esp. since Treme is winding down and he is the “secret big bad” on POI (I can’t even call it recurring – he’s only showed up once.). Kill him off POI and use him for the NCIS spinoff – as Roy, he’d be absolutely perfect…

Comment by sladewilson – November 30, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I will watch anything with Enver Gjokaj. Anything.
      Even an unnecessary and likely sub-par (at best) spin-off.

Comment by Cara – November 30, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So this is really happening right? I mean the characters sound good and everything but I don’t like that they are trying to turn NCIS into the next CSI *sigh*

Comment by Svenja – November 30, 2012 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. NCIS is good at the original and Los Angeles. They don’t need another one.

Comment by Bradley Adams – November 30, 2012 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I second that, this sound good, but never compare to original NCiS and its characters and special chemistry , later 10 years till our dear NCIS continues to be the best , for this special thing that has … stop CBS please , many people said brennan is great showrunner, that is right, but Gary Glasberg also, but don’t forget that creative of this great show is DONALD BELLISARIO and without him , we don’t have a great show with the deep storylines about character and no cases… and its mix between drama, action, humor, that other shows have tried to copy I LOVE SO MUCH AND LOYAL TO NCIS ORIGINAL AND LIKE LA , but please stop

Comment by estefania – November 30, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I second your post *sigh*. I really don’t like how CBS is trying to take full advantage of NCIS and make 10000 shows about it. I know it’s great and successful but they should have learned from the CSI situation.

Comment by Svenja – November 30, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Its smart. They are looking to the future. NCIS isnt gonna make it to season 19. It definitely not done, but its not going forever. They need to find something to keep the procedural shows going. Look at NBC and FOX they waited till after a hit show (HOUSE, THE OFFICE) is out to find a replacement. If the show works I think its a smart move. They want to keep the NCIS name going because its a CBS trademark. It’s part of their brand.

Comment by sammy – November 30, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A spinoff of a spinoff. How original.

Comment by Robin – November 30, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • …of a spinoff. JAG->NCIS->NCIS: LA-> THIS. But who am I kidding? I’ll still give it a shot.

Comment by ESull – November 30, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t forget NCIS is a spin-off of JAG. So really this would be spin-off of a spin-off of a spin-off!

Comment by Shannon – November 30, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, since NCIS is a spinoff of JAG, I guess it’s a spinoff of a spinoff of a spinoff. :)

I remember when NCIS first started and everyone thought it was “JAG meets CSI”.

Comment by JC – November 30, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I say Jennifer Beals for the lead.

Comment by JC – November 30, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It doesn’t sound very original at all. But if they cast Jennifer Beals in the lead I am in!

Comment by Ana – November 30, 2012 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the original, love the LA cast and its chemistry. But I don’t think it has really differentiated itself. Sometimes I ask why Deeks, Kensi, et al don’t wear the ball caps and windbreakers. More often than not it suffers from Dead Marine of the Week syndrome.

Comment by Scott – November 30, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SPINCEPTION. A spin-off of a spin-off of a spin-off.

Comment by xav – November 30, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Except inception is NOT a dream within a dream… inception is the planting of an idea into a dreaming mind. Nice try, though.

Comment by Mcat – November 30, 2012 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m probably not saying anything we don’t all know here, but NCIS and NCIS LA succeed because of the chemistry of their cast, not because of the originality of their storytelling. It took NCIS LA a couple of seasons to get their formula right, but I think they work really well now. So….I think this 3rd NCIS could work – it’s just really going to depend on who’s cast. But I’m not going to throw it out just because it’s the third one. The third CSI ended up being my favorite after all. That reminds me – Melina Kanakaredes might be a good choice for the lead too, if she were willing to come back to CBS.

Comment by JC – November 30, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To be filmed in deep-saturated color and based in Miami….

Comment by cuius – November 30, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Now that was funny :)

Comment by TJ – November 30, 2012 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Until he lands a role, every new show I shall shoehorn Tom Welling into so…batter up, for Danny. Get him out of his wheelhouse. He pulled off very different characters when he played Lionel Luthor, Clark Luthor, and Bizarro. He had great comedic timing which Smallville never utilized enough.

The others….hmm, I like someone else’s suggestion of RDA as Roy (partly because I watched an old Battle of the Network stars recently and RDA and Mark Harmon competed against each other).

I’d need to ruminate a little more on the other roles to come up with a dream cast.

Comment by Becca – November 30, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jennifer Beals or Paige Turco for Paris. Titus Welliverfor Roy. Omar Epps or Richard Speight for Danny. Devin Kelley for Clara. Jesse Plemons for Kai.

Comment by Jeff – November 30, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Paige Turco actually sounds like a good idea. She’s great on Person Of Interest, and I think she has the talent and the experience for a show like this.

Also, I would love the see Kate Hudson, but she’ll probably be out of her genre. Or Uma Thurman… maybe Jordana Spiro, after The Mob Doctor’s (inevitable) cancellation.

Comment by Josh – December 1, 2012 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Based on nothing but the above character description, I ask this question: How quickly do you think they’ll kill off Kai?

Comment by j – November 30, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d watch this, NCIS-adjacent clone and all versus any of the reality/dancing/ caterwauling dreck.

Comment by John – November 30, 2012 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Kim Raver would be a good fit for the role of Paris.

Comment by Lasia – November 30, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Definitely agree with Kim Raver she’s fantastic actress

Comment by pashektu – November 30, 2012 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Paris – Michelle Pfeiffer, Brooke Shields, Marg Helgenberger, or Sarah Michelle Gellar
    Roy – Richard Dean Anderson
    Danny – Tom Welling
    Clara – Nia Long or Allison Mack
    Kai – BooBoo Stewart or Vincent Martella (from Everybody Hates Chris)

Comment by ChuckieChk – November 30, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about Erica Cerra for Clara?

Comment by JC – November 30, 2012 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any hints at who they’re have signed for or are hoping to sign for the roles?? That would be juicy info !

Comment by pashektu – November 30, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Paris – Jennifer Beals, Lucy Lawless or Erica Durance
    Clara – Yvonne Strahovski

Comment by Dan – November 30, 2012 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree for yvonne to be clara :)

Comment by Oliver – November 30, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For me:
    Paris: Mary-Louise Parker, Lisa Edelstein or Katee Sackhoff
    Roy: richard dean anderson, Crispin Glover, stephen lang,Adam Baldwin Dougray scott or edward james olmos
    Danny: Andrew-Lee Potts;Kristoffer Polaha, Brendan Fehr; Jay Harrington, Jason O’Mara (on Vegas), Zachary Levi or Ryan McPartlin
    Kai: Andrew-Lee Potts, John Cho or Donald Glover
    Clara: Amber Tamblyn or Britt Robertson

Comment by Byktae – November 30, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amber Tamblyn might work for Clara, but Britt Robertson? No. She’s way too cute and girly to be a military junkie – or a Special Agent for that matter. And she’s too young to be an agent of a team like that.

Comment by Lambsilencer – December 1, 2012 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know this is TV and all, but why do they feel the need to have all the female characters be sexy hot supermodels? They’re Navy cops, after all, not beauty pageant contestants. And are all IT folks young MIT whippersnappers? No middle-aged programmers with ties and pocket protectors?

To be fair, though, these are just basic character descriptions and are subject to change.

Comment by Dreamrose – November 30, 2012 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What about Diane Neal who plays the CGIS agent Abigail Borin

Comment by pashektu – November 30, 2012 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOVE HER!! But I say give her her own spin off. :)

Comment by TJ – November 30, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Paris – Lucy Lawless
    Roy – Dennis Haysbert
    Danny – Adam Rodriguez
    Clara – Ewa de Cruz
    Kai – Billy Magnusson

I also have to admit that I immediately thought of Josh Holloway when I first heard news of this spinoff, but he really doesn’t fit the description of any of these characters. So, CBS needs to go after him for the Beverly Hills Cop series. With his comedic timing and his ability to be a kickass action star, it could be the perfect vehicle for his return to TV.

Comment by ragincajun – November 30, 2012 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why they’re promoting this new show as NCIS’ latest spin-off if, according to a judge, NCIS doesn’t have any spin-off, because NCIS LA is not related to DPB’s show? *confused*

Comment by Cleo – November 30, 2012 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • this judge is a wrong, because NCIS LA is a Idea of shannen brennan , but not bellisario, but LA was based in original NCIS , if this wouldn’t have spin off of original, so why shannen brennan presented his new team in NCIS original…please LA and anothe spin off born of original..only different is brennan created this spin off

Comment by estefania – November 30, 2012 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Enough of these brainless procedurals already!!!!

Comment by Jim – November 30, 2012 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel very strongly that they should let Eric Millegan audition for the geek part again. They skipped him for NCIS:LA and the result spoke for itself. :P

No opinion on rest of the cast, except that it shouldn’t be Sarah Shahi. She can play Life or Fairly Legal, but if you’ve seen her on talk shows you’ll see that she truly shines as a curvaceous buxom sex magnet, and that should really be her “archetype”. Not that she can’t be intelligent, but OTT sexiness should be key to the description… genius cartel matriarch type perhaps?

Comment by LK (@slow369) – November 30, 2012 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Judging from the description of the characters this show looks more like a B movie full of hot sex bombs and some nice guys than a procedual drama about a real federal agency. These characters look like a lame copy of DPB’s characters. Any original idea, Mr. Brennan? No? *sigh*

Comment by Mimi – November 30, 2012 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree

Comment by estefania – November 30, 2012 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Finally somebody else who gets it too!!! IMO seasons 1-4 of the original NCIS Are the absolute best. GG and SB just don’t compare. 😔

Comment by NCISaddict – December 1, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • please CBS stop doing this, it will be better if you worry about its actors and actress of original NCIS , they deserve more attention, better salaries , and prizes , they are the biggest fandom , not only in USA , but around of the worlds, its fans are so loyal and love so much, also they are so talent

Comment by estefania – November 30, 2012 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JAG > NCIS > LA > Spinoff NOTHING COMPARED All in the Family:
    AITF > Maude > Good Times
    AITF > Jefferson > Checking In
    AITF . Archie Bunker’s Place > Gloria > 704 Hauser Street

Comment by Chicago Dan – November 30, 2012 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Here in my home we’ll have NCIS:LA over NCIS any day of the week! The storylines are more engaging, it’s much more action-filled, the characters are more compelling.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – November 30, 2012 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • well this is Idea of brennan , but original has more deep storilines, but the action is good, but this is will boring in a point, at least you love so much the action

Comment by estefania – November 30, 2012 11:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Deep is relative. Really. Just because it’s military it doesn’t mean it will touch everyone. Not everyone is military ruled. NCIS has some pretty awesome and deep stories, too. But it’s also action packed.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – December 1, 2012 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I shouldn’t be surprised, but… Both female character descriptions heavily drive home the point that they are “sexy”, “gorgeous”, “supermodels”, but NONE of the male character descriptions say anything about looks? Stay classy, CBS.

Comment by Mcat – November 30, 2012 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Paris: I like the idea of Jennifer Beals for Paris, but Lena Headey would be fun, too, and she doesn’t have a problem with doing series TV.

Roy: If Alphas doesn’t come back, and they could find a way to make the role interesting enough for him, David Strathairn would be perfect. Shawn Doyle (Big Love, Endgame) would definitely be fun.

Danny: Josh Holloway can do smart and odd, but I think I’d prefer Geoff Stults. Alessandro Juliani could put an interesting spin on the role, too. Mekhi Phifer might also be a good choice.

Clara: Natasha Henstridge, or Kandyse McClure.

Kai: If The Prophet Kevin should die on Supernatural (and why wouldn’t he?), I can certainly see Osric Chau as Kai. Failing that, Torrance Coombs (Endgame, The Tudors) – he’s a bit old for the role, but has that “little brother” vibe the sides call for.

Comment by Sheldon W. – November 30, 2012 09:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Beals, Strathairn & Juliani are fantastic ideas. Tricia Helfer or (It would never happen) Paula Patton as Clara. I know it’s for a guy, but I’d like to see Julie Mcniven or Soshanna Stern as Kai

Comment by Dan – January 8, 2013 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Eliza D. for Paris. And Amy Acker for Clara.
    BUT, I’m afraid its dumbing down from NCIS.
    Instead give Diane Neal her show CGIS. Just saying.

Comment by Daniel Lucas – November 30, 2012 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like Idea about diane neal

Comment by estefania – November 30, 2012 11:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The NCIS fan in me means I will watch the show and give it a chance.
    But, I do not like the name Paris, it just doesn’t fit as a cop name/special agent name for me. Also, all I really got from the descriptions were the show will be two hot chicks and then some wierd, nerdy guys and then an older guy who does the real crime solving….I think I stick with the men (eye candy) on NCIS and NCIS:LA. Maybe my DVD kick on Original Recipe NCIS is making me bias, but I’m not sure if I will enjoy this show. From the descriptions I think the chemistry between the actors (and the NCIS name) will be its saving grace.

Comment by guest – November 30, 2012 11:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Paris – Paige Turco, Linda Cardellini, Alicia Witt, maybe Rachel Griffiths
    Roy – Adam Baldwin, Michael Vartan, Titus Welliver, Patrick Fabian, Jeffrey Sams
    Danny – Richard Speight, Zachary Quinto
    Clara – Kandyse McClure, Meta Golding (she was on JAG, but I don’t remember her character, if it would work out, she could play the same person to bring everything full circle)
    Kai – Jesse Plemons, I want them to make this character a girl and cast Liza Weil

Some these are just people that I really want to see on my TV again (I almost included Kyle Chandler for Roy, but I just can’t see it).

Comment by Laura – December 1, 2012 12:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont care WHO gets cast A’s long A’s lilly evangeline is cast

Comment by DreamOn – December 1, 2012 01:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Paris – Kelli Giddish, Jennifer Beals, Uma Thurman, KaDee Strickland?

The character descriptions sound promising overall, though.

Comment by Josh – December 1, 2012 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing will compare to the original NCIS…& the answer to that is the magic of Mark Harmon….

Comment by Karen Padecky – December 1, 2012 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will always only love the original NCIS.I sometimes watch NCIS:LA , but its so different then Then the orginal show.I don’t care what they are going to call it,but I will check it out and decide if I like it then.

Comment by VJ – December 1, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, we’ve got a spin-off of a spin-off of a spin off (JAG -> NCIS -> NCIS:LA -> NCIS: Whatever) featuring rather non-descript male characters, but “sexy/supermodel hot/gorgeous” women…. yeah… no cheap, superficial stereotypes here….

Between this and every single episode of Season 10 Original Recipe NCIS trying to force me to see a relationship between Tony and Ziva (a woman who pulled a loaded gun on a man they claim she has “all the feels” for -if Tony had shoved the gun in Ziva’s chest fandom would have demanded his head on a plate, but because she’s a woman it’s magically ok-) I’m pretty much done with the whole franchise.

Comment by Kimble – December 1, 2012 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post