TVLine Items: Asylum's Modern-Day Bloody Face Unmasked, Arrow Targets Spartacus Vet and More

AHS_EP104_Scn17_0190And Asylum‘s modern-day Bloody Face is… Dylan McDermott!

The American Horror Story Season 1 star took to Twitter Thursday to confirm what many guessed a few episodes back, after hearing the voice of Briarcliff’s current dweller for the first time: He is the man behind the grotesque mask.

Set your sights on an unmasked McDermott below, and then hit the comments with your theories on why he’s carrying on the ’60s-era killer’s spree.

BloodyFace

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Arrow has cast Spartacus alum Manu Bennett as Slade Wilson, who, as fans of Green Arrow comics will attest, eventually becomes mega-villan Deathstroke. Per EW.com, the actor will appear in a handful of episodes.

RELATED | Arrow Recruits Once Upon a Time‘s David Anders

• The 2013 Primetime Emmy Awards will air Sept. 22 on CBS.

• Diane Farr has booked a multi-ep arc in Private Practice‘s final season. Per TVGuide.com, the Numb3rs alumna will play a woman named Miranda who first appears in the ABC drama’s Dec. 11 Sheldon-centric installment.

RELATED | Audra McDonald Back for Private Practice Finale

• Breakout Kings‘ Serinda Swan has been promoted to series regular on USA Network’s upcoming law-enforcement drama Graceland, per The Hollywood Reporter.

• Family Guy is coming to the big screen. The animated series’ mastermind Seth MacFarlane told a group of UCLA students that a feature film is basically a done deal — “It’s just a matter of when”, EW.com reports. Meanwhile, MacFarlane will lend his voice to The Simpsons‘ Season 25 premiere, the site also reports, playing a man trying to romance Marge.

• Nickelodeon has given the green light to its iCarly-Victorious spinoff Sam & Cat. The 20-episode series, starring Jennette McCurddy and Ariana Grande, will launch in 2013.

Think you have what it takes to create the next great Psych tagline? Head to the comedy’s official Facebook page or USANetwork.com between now and Dec. 23 to submit your pick for Season 7 (premiering Feb. 27). The network will narrow down the options and open them up for a vote beginning Dec. 31.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (37)

• The modern bloody face is Threadson and Lana’s child as a result of the rape scenes we saw this past week??????? a theory any way, lol……carrying on his father’s work perhaps?

Comment by tory – November 30, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the same thing too

Comment by Jperugia315 – November 30, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like this! Although horrible, I never even thought of this

Comment by Chris – November 30, 2012 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • My thoughts exactly, they went out of their way to show us the rape, and it ties in with a lot of the themes of the first season which i do not think is a coincidence. ( First Season Spoiler ….Keep in mind, Vivien’s child as a result of her rape turned out to be evil)

Comment by N – November 30, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • totally my first thought as well.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – November 30, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yay!!! I am glad I had a decent theory then, lol……

Comment by tory – November 30, 2012 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • was just gonna post this!

Comment by Reba – November 30, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I was thinking too!

Comment by Heather – November 30, 2012 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A child born and raised at Briarcliff can’t but not be evil, can they?

Comment by Philipp – November 30, 2012 11:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • More Manu Bennet please.

Comment by Eve – November 30, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • jesus!!!!!!!! SPOILER ALERT….
    Dont forget UK readers like to check out the site too…………………

Comment by Ashley – November 30, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ? Why the outrage? It’s not like the title didn’t say “Asylum’s Modern-Day Bloody Face Unmasked” …if you didn’t want to know, you wouldn’t click it.

Comment by JennaD – November 30, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But the blurb and the picture did the spoiling, not the title.

What happens inside a post is very much fair game, IMO, but some people may want to be surprised, is all, and just the title would’ve been enough to draw the people who wanted to know to click without revealing it to everybody.

Comment by ... – November 30, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s in the picture as the above comment pointed out so there’s plenty of substance in my outrage.

Comment by Ashley – November 30, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, I think a HUGE spoiler alert should’ve been thrown on the Dylan McDermott news. I know it’s not giving away much story-wise, but still. Thats HUUUUGE!

Comment by Robert E. Holley (@ROBatGraveShift) – November 30, 2012 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I read on the entertainment weekly site on Thursday when they had a Ryan Murphy interview

Comment by Jperugia315 – November 30, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah and I guess if he broke the news on his won personal Twitter then I can’t be that upset. I just think that would’ve been one of those insane surprises that I would’ve appreciated seeing live. It’s all good!

Comment by Robert E. Holley (ROBatGraveShift) – November 30, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah that would have been cool but those days are gone thanks to sites like this

Comment by Jperugia315 – November 30, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CBS please get Craig Ferguson to host the Emmy’s.

Comment by AJ – November 30, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For some reason I am finding this year’s AHS very disturbing. I am not sure what it is but… I have no trouble with this genre but maybe it was seeing ZQ raping someone that bothered me. I loved him when he was on heroes as the bad guy but this is just too much I guess.

Oh, I also think that the modern one is their son. I am just holding out hope for Kit now.

Comment by Debbie – November 30, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am holding out hope for kit too. I am still so confused. At the beginning of the season, i was like, are we fighting Aliens, monsters, or demons? Is there really an Alien story there w/ kit/grace/alma? if so, i will be very disappointed b/c i just don’t see an alien story being a ryan murphy or AHS theme IMHO

Comment by tory – November 30, 2012 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seems kind of obvious that it would be their son, but I am thinking that since she is back at briarcliff and in a halo, that means she is stuck and pregnant. The child was not only born in briarcliff but raised there as well…he just took his natural course.
    For all those that are upset at the “Spoilers” seriously? They are not reporting on the storyline, they are reporting on the fact that the ACTOR himself used a social media site to share the news of who he would be playing in the show. The only thing spoiled is the person underneath the masks face, but we have no idea the relevance of his character to the plot…that is kind of the important part don’t you think?

Comment by s – November 30, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fun twist idea! Dylan McDermott is playing…. Ben Harmon and this what he did in his spare time while they still lived in Boston. It won’t happen but it would be interesting.

Comment by d4h8a15r16m23a42 – November 30, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m very excited about the AHSA news! I was more disappointed hearing that Dylan McDermott wouldn’t be back for season 2 than I was about Connie Britton not returning. It makes it even better that he’s modern day Bloody Face because currently I’m more interested in the snippets we’ve seen of the present than I am with most of the 1964 storylines.

Comment by Brad – November 30, 2012 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • God, I love tvline.com but this needed a spolier alert!!!

Please dont do it again or I’ll have to stop reading tvline.

Since there was already complaining, you should had change the picture by now…..

Comment by Augusto – November 30, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really don’t understand why creators have revealed a spoiler like that. I mean: Bloody Face in modern day was the largest spoiler of the full season. o_ò

Comment by Reward – November 30, 2012 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, I was really interested in this as a big reveal, no clue why the creators decided to ruin it for us.

Comment by Rain – December 3, 2012 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait, so Crixus is going to be Deathstroke? F–k yes!

Comment by neums (@neums) – November 30, 2012 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Manu Bennett as Deathstroke… if I’m allready hooked to Arrow, this will make it even better. PS: i hope the CW doesn’t cancel it as it has done with so many show I’ve loved before… or spoil it (I’m looking at you GG)

Comment by Tinemi – November 30, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This site constantly reveals spoilers in pictures on the main page. It’s dangerous to visit this site if you care about spoilers.

Comment by Jim – November 30, 2012 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bad form TVLine!! I opened this AFTER your main page (title/photo) gave it away….one too many times you’ve lost a reader in me

Comment by Chris – November 30, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wouldn’t it be interesting ( and on theme from last year) if Lana dies during childbirth so that an act by threadson ultimately does kill her?

Comment by Steph – December 1, 2012 12:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My theory for Modern day Bloody Face is that everything set in modern day is a movie about Briar Cliff. It’s not really happening its just a scary movie but the Briar Cliff in the old days is really happening. They’re trying to get us to focus on who the Modern Day bloody face is that we’re missing other important details going on. Plus if it was a movie that would explain all of the overly sexual stuff between Adam Levine and Channing Tatum’s wife. They always do that stuff in Horror movies now a days.

Comment by JT – December 1, 2012 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could McDermott be playing Kit as an adult? Maybe all those accusations as a young man became a self fulfilling profacy?

Comment by Josh – December 2, 2012 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kit is an adult in 64. He was in his 20s, married with a house. In present day he’d be darn near 70. McDermott’s way too young.

Comment by Lena120 – December 2, 2012 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the big spoiler.
    It’s hard being a French fan.

Comment by Ben – December 3, 2012 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • season 2 is horrible and the creators hope 2 hell that a friendly “face” will help take the edge offffffff. season 1 is very special. and if anyone thinks Mr. McDermott is to young please remember he’s an actor. If that doesn’t do it for you remember that Asylum is fiction -anything can happen accept a happy ending or the introduction of a hot actress, sorry im still re-living sister J’s red pantys, PTS is a bitch.

Comment by anthony cortese – December 10, 2012 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post