Exclusive: It's a Home Improvement Reunion on Last Man Standing as Richard Karn Guest-Stars

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Reunited and it feels… like the ’90s all over again.

Tim Allen’s former Home Improvement sidekick Richard Karn is set to appear in an episode of Allen’s current ABC sitcom Last Man Standing, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Karn will play Bill, a gruff good old boy and the Outdoor Man’s original architect. He is dumbfounded when he learns he may be losing the account to a young, gorgeous woman — who he assumes got the job because of her good looks.

RELATED | Find Out Why Last Man Standing Dropped Alexandra Krosney

The episode is slated to air in early 2013.

On Tuesday, ABC ordered five more episodes of Last Man Standing, bringing its Season 2 total to 18.

Comments (15)

• best sitcom on tv right now!

Comment by cw – November 29, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Minus the new daughter. She’s terrible. Doesn’t gel with the family.

Comment by michelle – November 29, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. Don’t like the new daughter at all. Still a great show.

Comment by cw – November 29, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t like the new daughter either! I wish they’d done a “Family Matters” and just wrote her off the show and pretended like she was never there to begin with. The other two daughters are hilarious.

Comment by Mikael – November 30, 2012 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ah aha ahha ahahah hahahaha ha ha bahahahahahaaa!!!!! Oh, man! Oh, man. That was rich. That was really good. If YOU joined the writing team, it very well COULD become TV’s best sitcom. Ahhhahaa! I can’t. Still reeling.

Comment by Guy – November 29, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Excellent response, lol.

Comment by Mary – November 29, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not the best sitcom, but I enjoy it. It’s old school.

Comment by ben – November 29, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not even the best show on ABC. Hell Reba’s new show is still better.

Comment by Midori004 – November 29, 2012 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “I don’t think so Tim.”

Comment by ScrubsGuy – November 29, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good move. I think LMS’s biggest demographic is the HI nostalgia crowd.

Comment by ben – November 29, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe if they can get a little JTT, I’ll start watching the show.

Comment by Mina – November 29, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Al: So you’re saying that when you make fun of my weight and my beard, it’s because you like me?
    Tim: Yeah.
    Al: How about when you tease me about wearing flannel?
    Tim: I do that because you look ridiculous.

Comment by Bob – November 30, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice. I think I remember reading about this.

Comment by flychick86 – November 30, 2012 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post