The X Factor Leaderboard: Who's Got Momentum From the Season 2 Top 8? Take Our Poll!

The X Factor‘s Season 2 lineup is down to single digits, and interestingly enough, each of the show’s four coaches still has two acts apiece in the running for the big enchilada. (And by big enchilada, I mean the $5 million recording contract, not some kind of Taco Bell-sponsored ridiculousness.)

To prepare for tonight’s performance telecast, I’ve taken the liberty of offering alternate rankings to the show’s official countdown — along with a little bit of advice and some strategic song suggestions. Check ‘em out below, then hit our poll to vote for your faves!

1. D. says:

Bring Beatrice back. She was the best.

• ben says:

I so agree. I’m not watching the show any more, but I’ll stop by TVLine to see how it’s all shaking out. I hope Beatrice gets the opportunity to actually release an album, though, because that is the one I’d buy.

2. Alienate says:

Please adjust your voting poll to say: Vote for UP TO three contestants.
    I can only see two worth voting for. :)

3. Carly Rose singing “Unpretty”…. genius!!!

4. Annie says:

I can’t get behind any of these people. It’s not that they aren’t talented, it’s just that they haven’t been given songs that show that talent, or that make me want to hear more from them.

5. Mari says:

Since Beatrice is gone. I want 5H to win now. With Diamond on 2nd place.

6. Princess Adora says:

You know that choices are lacking when you finally have to vote for Emblem3 as part of your top 3. Or at least that’s where I’m at :S

While I hate to dissuade anyone from singing a Backstreet Boys song, I was actually just thinking the other day that it would be fun to hear Fifth Harmony sing “Something New” by Girls Aloud :) That would definitely get them out of their ballad rut.

*Still mentally voting for Lyric145 <3

7. RD says:

Boy this bunch of ‘singers’ sucks….my ears are still hurting from Paige Thomas and CeCe Frey last week.

8. dumas1000 says:

This show is already over. 1, Carly-Rose. 2, Tate. 3, Vino. 4, Emblem 3. 5, Diamond White. Its not even up for debate anymore. Carly-Rose is planted by X Factor producers and, to use professional wrestling terminology, the only point of this show is to push Carly-Rose over the top. Make money on some of the worst blatant, boldfaced advertising that I have ever seen (Pepsi, Verizon, Best Buy), and get Carly-Rose over. No other point to any of it. I still believe that the only contestants on this show who meet the burden of commercal viability are Tate, Vino, and CeCe. Not Carly-Rose. Emblem 3 and Paige Thomas, perhaps, but I have my doubts about those acts out in the “real world.” Diamond White and Fifth Harmony have no chance and might as well just vanish right now. Carly-Rose is a commercial dud in my opinion, but obviously Simon disagrees.

9. Edward says:

My song Suggestions:

Carly Rose- Forget You by Cee Lo (Something more upbeat)
    Diamond White- Don’t Wake me Up by Chris Brown (Stripped Down could be a game changer)
    Vino Allan – Stepping Stone by Duffy (Could be his moment)
    Tate Stevens- What Hurts the Most by Rascal Flatts (I want him to flex his vocals more and might make seem more contemporary)
    Emblem 3- Perfect by Simple Plan ( Secrets was just not enough to show vulnerability)
    Fifth Harmony- Shut up and drive by Rihanna ( More attitude cause they’re starting to seem vanilla)
    Paige Thomas- Miley Cyrus See You Again/Eurthymics Sweet Dreams (In her vocal range and could be cool)
    Cece Fray – When I grow up by PCD (If she’s gonna go out she might as well go out being true to herself.

10. Like Melinda is still voting for Lyirc145, I am still voting for Beatrice. Adios XFactor.

11. ddddddddddddddd says:

Diamond White should be ranked higher than what she’s at now. She has an amazing voice, better than Carly Rose in my opinion.

I thought Cece sounded great during the auditions but boy does she sound bad during the live performances. Hope she and Paige get the boot this week and next. Both mediocre singers.

12. Sara says:

Well, I don’t give a damn about: Tate, Emblem3, Cece or Diamond. They can choose whatever song they want, I still won’t like them (if Diamond chooses a REALLY good song, I might change my opinion)
    The rest of them: I would LOVE to hear Skyfall by Vino, a excellent songchoice for his voice – and will potentially make him more attractive for an audience that he might not be too big in (I’m thinking the female vie
    wers?) Fifth Harmony need an uptempo this time, and I really hope they choose Lady Marmelade or Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. Would have been cool! Paige needs to focus on surviving, rather than winning. Needs a song she can sing 100%, and a audience-favorite, maybe something very contemporary (the no.1 hit on billboards this week is Diamonds by Rihanna, something she can pull off – but then again, the comparison will be bigger)
    Carly has only been picking big ballads, something that aren’t made any longer – so please to something contemporary a la David Guetta songs ( uptempo songs with strong vocals, I’m thinking When Love Takes Over?)

13. FreeHaley says:

Mostly skipped it this week, flipping around I caught most of Diamond White and all of Carly. DW seemed a bit off at first at times but really quite good for the end part, needing half a song to warm up and get into her zone is fine, but on a show where all you have is a minified song each week it might make it hard for her to make the top few. I actually sort of pictured her doing that song ever since the audition, perfect fit.

Wow I do have to say Carly was pretty awesome tonight. I think she is the only one left that can be really exciting. A shame no Beatrice, Carly, Lyric 145 top three. I may just do it like this week, skip the show for the most part but try to catch her if I can (now that Beatrice is gone and they have made the show jump the shark one to many times after last week). Hard to believe LA Reid still had to mute his praise and after his Beatrice dumping last week I am more than through with the dude.

Anyway time to do other stuff I’ll read about the second hour on here. Too hard to handle two hours of the show. After last week tht was about it.

• Wow says:

“Unless I’m wrong the CeCe ship has already sailed.” Says LA Reid tonight (after voting off Beatrice last week to keep CeCe around, so much for his ‘honest’ ‘impartial’ voting, what a joke). WHAT A TOOL!

14. Danny says:

Unreal. They have 7 contestants sing. Then they have a video promoting Brittany’s new song. Then they put Sanjaya3 in the pimp spot. Those girls “chasing” them looked staged.

Another thing that I’m less than thrilled about is the constant pity party factor they keep putting on this show. I feel terrible for Ally’s grandpa, but it seems like XFactor is exploiting her for pity votes.

For what it’s worth, I liked Tate the most. He comes out w/ no BS & just sings. I’m not a country fan, but I thought he was the best one.

Carly did ok on Rolling in the Deep, but Haley did it quite a bit better a couple of seasons ago on American Idol.

CeCe had some spunk. I didn’t think it was the greatest performance, but by her standards it was better than what she’d been doing.

Vino had an off night. He didn’t sing very well. Also, can’t LA teach the guy to pick one hand to hold the microphone in? Ya’d think a mega producer would catch something so simple after all this time.

I think Diamond & Paige are the 2 who’ll head home.

15. teatime says:

Diamond had dancers. And she sang first. And the song and performance was a snoozer until the last several second. She’s probably going home. Or at least singing for her save.
    Vino went second and had an uninspired performance. I can’t believe he can drop from 3rd to 7th. But he might drop a couple notches this week. That is a sad state of affairs because he is one of the only potentially interesting performers left in this. That was not a moment. I want a moment from him like the Pink song at the judge’s house.
    Paige delivered her best performance ever. By a mile. Too bad they pointlessly sent a bunch of dancers out on stage with her. She still could end up in the top 4 (or 3).
    Fifth Harmony rocked it! I am glad they had Jennifer Connelly sing most of the song this week. Toward the end the music got too loud. The images of them on the screens was cheesy too. But I really enjoyed that. I am so glad they did something up tempo.
    Carly was really good this week. My favorite from her since her audition.
    Tate. I was not voting for him anyway. But I have to say it is not a good thing for him to indicate if he does not win he is going back to working construction. I would rather support an artist like Lyric who is a working artist and appreciates how the show has helped her career even if she went out early in the live rounds.
    CeCe sang toward the end of the show again. Why? She has never deserved that support from the show. Yet they have put her near the end several times. But they still put a bunch of dancers on stage with her. So she will be in the bottom again. I wonder if the judges will save her again this week.
    Emblem 3 at the end again? Why? That was a train wreck. They should sing Mmmmmmmm Bob one of these weeks. That would be funny.
    The Producers really messed up this episode by putting Tate, Cece, and Emblem 3 at the end. Carly, Fifth Harmony, and Paige were the best of the night by far.