Hot in Cleveland Exclusive: Sendhil Ramamurthy to Play Doctor With Joy

Get More: Casting News

Hot in Cleveland is about to get a heroic new pediatrician.

Heroes alum Sendhil Ramamurthy will guest-star on the TV Land sitcom as the city’s most sought-after kiddie doc, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Exclusive: Heather Locklear Joins Hot in Cleveland for Big Season 4 Arc

Jane Leeves‘ Joy will pretend to have been raised in India in order to get an appointment with the popular physician, but her ruse will backfire when his mom eyes her as a potential daughter-in-law.

Joy’s then forced to cook a traditional Indian meal — and when everyone sits down to eat, even more shenanigans are uncovered.

Ramamurthy also played Covert Affairs‘ much-missed Jai. His other TV credits include The Office, CSI: Miami and Psych.

His episode will air next summer in the second half of Season 4, which debuted Wednesday.

Comments (12)

• To me, he will always be Mohinder.

Comment by Eric – November 28, 2012 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! Oh, how I miss the early days of Heroes!

Comment by Jennifer – November 28, 2012 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I will always remember him as Mohinder and as Jai on Covert Affairs. I so miss him on Covert Affairs.

Comment by MJ – November 28, 2012 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Boo! Hiss! I want him to play Aladdin on Once Upon A Time. Hopefully, he can do both.

Comment by Templar – November 29, 2012 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Great casting idea! He’d make a great Aladdin^^

Comment by Sareeta – November 29, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If all doctors looked like that I’d be sick more often!

Comment by Jennifer – November 28, 2012 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I haven’t seen Heroes, but I loved him on Psych. Well, really I love everyone on Psych,

Comment by Blake – November 28, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully they’ll give him more material than on Covert Affairs.

Comment by Marz – November 28, 2012 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No one has the right to be that gorgeous!

Comment by Tara – November 29, 2012 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved him on Heroes season 1 (I prefer to forget everything that came after that).

Comment by Sareeta – November 29, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post